Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

how player has injure (damage cruciate ligaments) out for 10 to 12 months , i think it's shorter than that like 6 months ?!

Not really relevant to the new update, but 8-12 months is the normal recovery rate.. there are accelerated programs but they aren't always used.

how player has injure (damage cruciate ligaments) out for 10 to 12 months , i think it's shorter than that like 6 months ?!

The time out in-game for a damaged cruciate ligament is anywhere from approximately 6 months (minimum) to approximately 12 months (maximum).

Unfortunately it sounds like you were unlucky here and your player fell towards the upper end of this scale. It is however a realistic amount of time to be out with this injury. It is amongst the worst injuries a footballer can suffer.

Cheers,

Seb.

The lack of manager sackings is ridiculous. Test save to April and in each league there's 3-4 manager sackings, and that's it!

Hey FrancisM89,

If you believe you have an issue with manager sackings could you please post in here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues - detailing your issue along with a save.

Cheers,

Seb.

I just got a newgen at Norwich born in Scotland who is only eligible for England. I am not sure this can be the case IRL, unless he is suppose to have declared for England age 16 and with Conference-level potential rating? I guess not necessarily a bug if so (No save from before sorry)

mWpP9oD.png

That's a unique data error, he is an ex-SI staff member who had his details mixed up with mine when we submitted our information for the face in the game newgen data.

Got really frustrated before update. Played against 18th placed team and it was impossible to win. No matter what I tried, they always managed to draw and my defenders just couldn't stop their low pace/acceleration striker (even with OI). Simply put, defense looked really awful. I probably played this match through like 20 times...

After updating I tried again. First game brought me 2:0 win. Defense looked damn solid. Players kept their positions, marking worked (their striker was completely nullified whole game), fullbacks were much better. It was joy to watch, such massive difference.

So far it seems very promising, good work guys! :)

ojeFcgXV.gif

goalkeepers still pretty bad . a little example here ...

Can't see what's not realistic here?

a high cross in , keeper parry's it away but can't stop the low hard drive into the bottom corner from going in...

ojeFcgXV.gif

goalkeepers still pretty bad . a little example here ...

You obviously didn't see John Ruddy and Joe Hart in the Man City v Norwich match recently....

Absolutely agree here! Like the 100+ hours of hard work people put into skinning are worth nothing to SI. Come on guys, please... You have a HUGE community of players who do custom skinning, this affects so many people, and it won't work just blaming it all on their skins. At least you have them now, but let's see how long they stay loyal if you can't look inwards as well.

Absolutely no problem with updates affecting the skins, particularly as SI will probably try to help identify the problem to ensure an accelerated solution. As has been said elswhere, its not uncommon in games updates.

What is more frustrating is that every year it seems to take solo amateur skinners no great amount of time to make a range of much more attractive variations on the interface than SI, which suggests that while quite rightly it shouldn't be their top priority, perhaps SI should package the game with a greater range of skins (esp those that utilise backgrounds and better quality facepack images)...particularly as they could probably enlist the assistance of those who develop skins every year. The default interface has felt unattractive and not desperately well thought out visually for the last 3 or 4 iterations.

As for the rest of the update, if it does what it says on the tin, I'm sure everyone will be very happy with it. Sadly no more 35 assist seasons for hector Bellerin, but perhaps Ozil might actually have some of his perfect through balls converted now!

A goalkeeper i sold 3 seasons ago has suddenly showed up in my team in green

Are your side due to play in a testimonial match? Or have they played in a testimonial recently?

only thing unrealistic in that is sisto scoring.. he never scores for me :(

Defending is better, no silly counter attacking down the wings, because there is no one down there at all, first game seemed very realistic as well.

Are your side due to play in a testimonial match? Or have they played in a testimonial recently?

I'm am now currently playing a testimonial match yes. Is that the reason he is back for the testimonial match?

Ah, yes! he's gone now.

sorry about that... nice feature to have :)

Some good news about the patch. The high CPU temperatures and fan noise I was seeing in the 3D match is gone now. CPU temps dropped from the high 50's to low 40's and fan speed dropped from 1300rpm to 1000rpm. Very welcome and back to normal as in prior versions. Quieter too.

too many offside in the game any one notice that

Can you define "too many"?

I believe SI have said that there are a few too many, but it isn't a significant issue and can be exacerbated by the use of certain tactical settings.

Some good news about the patch. The high CPU temperatures and fan noise I was seeing in the 3D match is gone now. CPU temps dropped from the high 50's to low 40's and fan speed dropped from 1300rpm to 1000rpm. Very welcome and back to normal as in prior versions. Quieter too.

Did you clear cache and preferences etc or not to achieve this?

Can you define "too many"?

I believe SI have said that there are a few too many, but it isn't a significant issue and can be exacerbated by the use of certain tactical settings.

every game at least 9 or 8 offside , also woodwork every game has 2 or 3

This is not including a database update? or am i blind.

No, no data update. That will happen when the Winter transfer window closes - and it isn't even open yet :brock:

every game at least 9 or 8 offside , also woodwork every game has 2 or 3

The most recent, specific SI response about offsides is here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/445351-Too-many-offsides?p=10629498&viewfull=1#post10629498

On average, FM16 has 7 offsides per game relative to a real life average of around 4. Your numbers are higher still, so you may be affected by specific PPMs or a specific playing style.

The most recent, specific SI response about offsides is here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/445351-Too-many-offsides?p=10629498&viewfull=1#post10629498

On average, FM16 has 7 offsides per game relative to a real life average of around 4. Your numbers are higher still, so you may be affected by specific PPMs or a specific playing style.

what about woodwork ?!

what about woodwork ?!

It should be around 0.9 per match, IIRC. Judge this over a number of games rather than just a couple though.

what about woodwork ?!

There was one specific bug (since fixed) which saw the same shot hit the woodwork a lot of times. Other than that specific issue, nobody has reported issues with woodwork stats since the Beta. If you have a save where you have too many woodwork hits over a prolonged period of time, please upload it:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437124-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-Problem

Note that attacking systems tend to generate more woodwork hits, as they tend to generate more shots.

The ME really does look very solid now. Defending and passing are much better.

May be coincidence but has anything been done to improve corner-taking? In 16.1 I was having most of my corners fail to clear the near post and was wondering if it was something to do with my corner set up? However, in 16.2, corner taking seems much better and I even scored from one!

Great job and congratulations to the staff at SI on this. :)

After the new patch i founded that the strong teams have a more advantages against weaker teams

This is the first fixture of the secend sesaon with WEST HAM

x2rd0ygtoomm.jpg

ycyijxq21wow.jpg

EDIT : just noticte that Newcastle won against Liverpool :D

Don't know if I am seeing things, but was there a change in some of the instructions for some of the 'roles'? Like the Regista doesn't seem to have 'tries risky passes' anymore?

I am playing on Macbook and stuck on loading screen since updating. Anyone else have this?

Clear your cache and preferences as outlined in the FAQ and restart the game...

Do these issues (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437346-Greek-issues-in-Greek-Translation?p=10631448&viewfull=1#post10631448, http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437346-Greek-issues-in-Greek-Translation?p=10631938&viewfull=1#post10631938) with the "month#2" happen in other languages or only in Greek language? These issues with the "month#2" must be fixed as soon as possible.

dwlmYnU.jpg

KOb8LRw.jpg

4fhpXTp.jpg

Don't know if I am seeing things, but was there a change in some of the instructions for some of the 'roles'? Like the Regista doesn't seem to have 'tries risky passes' anymore?

Mentioned here in the Tactics Forum:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/442751-Important-FM16-Tactical-Changes?p=10631374&viewfull=1#post10631374

I noticed this too with the deep-lying playmaker - support. It's good!

The injury can vary based on player and damage done.

I've been out for 3 years since doing mine!

Anyway, playing a game and just had a very bizarre goal scored against me. Anybody able to explain what happened here, goal credited to Richards.

This was about the best view I could get of it.

Anyone else noticing their strikers not being able to score for toffee since the update? Played 6 games since, and my previously free scoring team are missing absolute sitters for fun now? Little tweak of the tactics needed methinks.

Is the bug with rest before/after match setting resetting for teams with a b-team affiliate fixed?

Yet again Si is refusing to accept that the vast majority of FM players do NOT use the default skin so why the hell didn't they test this update with a popular third party skin ?? Ridiculous ! and their response to complaining skin makers is "go sort it out for yourself" !!!

I can pretty much guarantee you that this is pish. The vast majority of users won't even go onto the forums.