Ridiculous Wage Demands

Has anyone else had issues signing players due to over the top wage demands, only to find them going to another similar rep team for much lower?

I've had this a few times in my current save, playing as Tottenham. As an example, I tried signing a young left back from Brazil, he was being paid £3,500 a week but requested £95k and a £4.5m signing on fee. I offered him £50k which he obviously rejected, but he then signed for Benfica on £36k?

Has anyone else had issues signing players due to over the top wage demands, only to find them going to another similar rep team for much lower?

I've had this a few times in my current save, playing as Tottenham. As an example, I tried signing a young left back from Brazil, he was being paid £3,500 a week but requested £95k and a £4.5m signing on fee. I offered him £50k which he obviously rejected, but he then signed for Benfica on £36k?

Maybe he felt he'd be more comfortable in a Portuguese speaking country? Tottenham doesn't have any Brazilian players anymore either, I don't think. That probably wouldn't affect his decision, but maybe it does.

Has this as well.

Most recent example is with Rulli the GK. Coming to the end of his contact he wanted 140k/9.5million and would only be a key player.

I didn't sign him, he left his club and 6 months later is solo a free agent. Offered him a deal 100k and 6 million to sign. Would only accept a key player squad status.

Had a young Brazilian LB who wanted 10m signing free as well.

This was pure 16.2 though so it could be improved.

Had another example of this trying to sign Tielemans. Bids accepted from me and Porto, open negotiations and he wants 145k per week, 4.5m signing on fee, 20k appearance fee etc.

I tried to negotiate down to around 90k and 3m fee and he ended up withdrawing. Signed for Porto on 36.5k per week, 1.5m fee, 6k appearance fee.

He even has a preference to play in the premier league in his plans on his profile.

Archived