i have give up with this game

after finding my everton side 19th after 14matches in the second season, two changes of tactics i have now been sacked and have lost all motivation to carry on with this game as i only do everton saves.

i tried to get as much advice as i could but couldnt muster nothing up, sadly this game is just too hard it is ridiculous how much micromanagement is needed and beyond a joke. i know all you SI fan boys will be commenting saying 'oh its not the game its you', heard it all before. the game definetely has issues in the ME and it is going backwards away from fun and more just for people who can sit in front of a computer for 12 hours a day.

that being said im not here now for no wars of words, nor for help as i am going back to older versions for a bit more fun as i dont fancy becoming the next sir alex on a video game sat reading articles for hours thats not what i play fm for i play it for fun in my spare time.

im here to give what little advice i can if you can call it that more of a heads up.

from what i noticed the game is very much about micro man management, keeping morale high over true feelings is what ive found is needed, by that i mean instead of slating the team for a draw against someone you should comfortably win, sympathise and keep the morale high at all times, as once you lose the dressing room its all over.

thanks for all the help from everyone on the forum i hope use have alot more success than i have managed, it was fun to play for a while just not my type of game unfortunately.

after finding my everton side 19th after 14matches in the second season, two changes of tactics i have now been sacked and have lost all motivation to carry on with this game as i only do everton saves.

i tried to get as much advice as i could but couldnt muster nothing up, sadly this game is just too hard it is ridiculous how much micromanagement is needed and beyond a joke. i know all you SI fan boys will be commenting saying 'oh its not the game its you', heard it all before. the game definetely has issues in the ME and it is going backwards away from fun and more just for people who can sit in front of a computer for 12 hours a day.

that being said im not here now for no wars of words, nor for help as i am going back to older versions for a bit more fun as i dont fancy becoming the next sir alex on a video game sat reading articles for hours thats not what i play fm for i play it for fun in my spare time.

im here to give what little advice i can if you can call it that more of a heads up.

from what i noticed the game is very much about micro man management, keeping morale high over true feelings is what ive found is needed, by that i mean instead of slating the team for a draw against someone you should comfortably win, sympathise and keep the morale high at all times, as once you lose the dressing room its all over.

thanks for all the help from everyone on the forum i hope use have alot more success than i have managed, it was fun to play for a while just not my type of game unfortunately.

youre absolutely right. nowadays games, music, movies etc. is to much BS.

Have to disagree with the morale issue...I tell the team they weren't good enough if we don't win by 2 clear goals and that works fine for me. What I have noticed is that you need to be consistent in your approach...so if you start out being nice then you better stick to it...hence I start out being a bit of an arse and the players accept it. Thats not to say I'm not having some issues but I know I just haven't figured everything out yet. I agree it is taking more work this time around but simple tactics are actually now more viable than any time in the past, and its not about exploiting the M.E to get success.

I'm pretty sure I've said it before in response to one of your posts but here goes.

If micromanagement is a problem try FMT, morale isn't as much of an issue in FMT because there is no artificial way to boost it like teamtalks. You also have less effect with the very few press questions you're asked.

Also, and this is a really good thing, there is no tacic familiarity in FMT. So you can change your tactic to your hearts desire to no effect to the team.

i tried to get as much advice

Really? You've not posted in the tactics forum as far as I can see and that is by far the best place to get advice. If you post following their rules then they'll be more than happy to help and there are people there who's knowledge of the game and tactics is outstanding.

Either you do quit and admit that you're no good at the game and wasted your money or you give FMT a try and asked for help in the tactics forum and read some of the very informative threads there. But please don't put another whiney post here complaining about the game.

I can play around 2 hours a day if I'm lucky and I'm doing OK because I looked for advice in the right place and learnt from there. I've got a good, if basic, tactic that I can easily adapt to suit the pitch and/or weather conditions or to suit the opponents. Sure there are times when things don't go right, but at the moment they're goin right more often then they go wrong.

Always sad, how every year, there's someone with the "Everton won't win the Premier League under my stern guidance, so there must be something wrong with the game" post. Where exactly is Everton in the Premier currently?

I wouldn't want to play a game with only one team that consistenly won their league every year when I sat down for the new edition. Where's the "fun" in that?

Fair enough to stop playing if you're not enjoying it (although if I don't enjoy a game, I usually just stop playing it without having to tell everyone I am, but fair enough), but to start saying it's because you need to sit for 12 hours a day reading guides (you don't) and then give "advice" that is overly simplistic at best, doesn't really work.

But you've already nailed your colours to the mast by saying that anyone who disagrees must be a fanboy, so I doubt it'll make a difference. I know you say that those "fan boys" will say "it's not the game, it's you", but of course they will, because it's 100% correct. You don't like the way the game is going it seems, so it is, demonstrably, you. Not that there's anything remotely wrong with that. If we all stayed playing the games we thought were great initially, I'd still be all about Sonic the Hedgehog and Ultimate Dizzy. Things change.

i fully appreciate what your saying and i take on board your advice your recommendation didnt go un noticed but if the way i feel is,

to me its always been about playing the full version thats what ive always done, and also i understand that there is lots of help and advice but its all just too much for me.

i have always played fm in a style which i just dont see it fun being such detailed in my play style but that is not to say im too stubborn to see that these things need looking at in these latest versions.

i appreciate that like you mention alot of different things go into what produces the results but thats never how i have played the game, ive never bothered worrying about how the weather is going to affect my tactic or what the pitch size is, im old school and feel i have a decent knowledge of the game to make a good basic tactic and thats alls i have done since the early days.

needing to worry about weather, pitch size, what opposition player is doing what is the day i admit defeat, i have tried my best to adapt to an extent that i can still play it my way and its just no fun for me.

i appreciate also that the series has took on a more realistic in depth approach and i appreciate people going out of there way to help and to give in depth guides and advice on the game but as ive explained my play style has always been not looking so in depth just have a solid tactic and build from there.

thankyou anyway for your advice

So in other words you're too stubborn to change your approach to the game.

Adjusting your tactics to the weather is easy. If its breezy go shorter passing, if it's wet then go long. Pitch size I don't really care about and makes no difference to me.

If the opponent is attacking me or I know is a better team then mine I either go Counter or Defensive and adjust a couple of the player's roles to suit and drop the defensive line and play narrower, so only 1 attacking player others are support and the CDs and MC defensive. I've even player with no attacking players before now.

If they're obviously defensive then I'll go Control or Attacking and again adjust roles so I have 2 or 3 attacking players make the defensive line higher and play wider.

If I see they're using wing backs then I'll focus play down the sides to try to overload the wing backs with my winger and full back with two robust CMs to break up play and battle their three MCs.

If I see they have quick strikers I drop the defensive line so there's less space for them to run into.

It's all formulaic really. If they're doing this, I do this.

It's in no way 100% efective, but I've managed to turn potentially bad results into points.

to forameuss, i understand but what i meant by that is, in my opinion in order to get a good understanding then reading the guides is the advice always given instead of as video games always have been 'in game', ive seen countless people saying that what the game says sometimes is different to what you actually should be doing and can be mis leading but i dont get into that so whatever.

also im not being completely in denial i agree it probably is me, but what im basically saying is for me the fun is took out from having to really study what is going wrong to make it right, i understand thats how it should be played that is football manager nowadays its just not me.

spankie, fair enough if you see it as me being stubborn, my unwillingness to change goes back to how my play style is as i have mentioned, i dont like to go in depth and thats when i lose interest, i understand little things may be blatent and small changes but its those little things i dont enjoy doing i like to just keep it as simple as possible and never really change much, i dont stick by the same tactic i do go more defensive with different approaches depending on who im facing but not to the point where i study the opposition just are they better, counter am i better attacking.

i understand its all formulas and i see why i am not having much success as this is how the games evolved. in a nutshell im from the only commentary, simple tactic, build a strong squad era and i dont enjoy it as most do now where they watch the matches changing things game by game in detail.

OP you know where to get advice on tactics if you need it... there are plenty of thread actually advising you keep everything simple and not overcomplicate anything.

Almost all other aspects of management can be delegated to staff these days.

I see no point on carrying on this thread as OP has rejected advice given twice.

Feel free to make a new thread though if you feel more responsive to taking some advice, we'd happily give it.

Archived