[FM16] Oliver Jensen's Nomadic Career Thread II

fmFutbolManager

With their money i trust you will buy good replacements, although it's better to be cheaper, just in case.

Cheers,

Bitner

I've spent a bucket load. And I mean it. Over £30m so far. But I've also sold a lot of players, close to £30m worth. Unfortunately the likes of Mahrez, Vardy, Kramaric, Inler and Fuchs all wanted to leave after relegation. I sold them all no question. If they're not committed then they're out the door.

Made some excellent signings to replace them, and in my opinion with better players. I'll post them up in my August update.

Looks like a classy squad at your disposal. :thup:

Thanks. As above it is completelely different now as 16 players have left.

Season Preview 2017/18 | Leicester City Season preview

xt82GCr.png

Board Expectations | My Expectations

Sky Bet Championship: Reach the Playoffs | Promotion by any means

FA Cup: Reach the Fifth Round | Reach the Fifth Round

Capital One Cup: Reach the Fourth Round | Reach the Forth Round

We've made a lot of changes. A lot of players wanted out after last seasons relegation to the Championship and we've lost over 15 players. We've made a lot of new signings so it'll be important to gel as quickly as possible and hit the ground running. I expect the league to be quite close, but we should be good value for promotion.

I'm not too concerned with the cups, so I'll take whatever we get from those.

Finances

Transfer budget: £20, 850,000

Wage budget: £905,310 (currently spending £650,000)

Bank balance: £54,824,921 (at 5 August 2017)

More than enough money in the pot for this league. I've done a good job in spending most of it too (August update will include those). Wage budget is a bit high, so we'll try keep that under control if we can.

What's Next...

Friendlies are done. Now the season starts. Next update in August.

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

August 2017 | Leicester City Monthly Review

xt82GCr.png

Results | Friendlies

A new club and new system for these players so I wasn't expecting fireworks in pre-season. Added to that the fact that 17 players asked to leave following last seasons relegation. We've done well considering, managing to hold some good teams and get a couple of wins as we learn the philosophy and gel as a team. We also saw 12 new players arrive.

23YNoxy.png

Results | Sky Bet Championship

I never expected that. We've been fantastic. Honestly, it feels like we're too good for this league already. The results speak for themselves. I did a lot of thinking over pre-season, trying to find the right blend of roles for the players to fit the shape we wanted to employ. Quite frankly my Advanced Playmaker, whether it be Eddy or Bojan, and Drinkwater in the Box to Box role, have been sensational. Moses has been fantastic, also. Salvio injured himself so hasn't played much.

Losing Vardy was a blow, but Wilson and Iheanacho have stepped up to the plate. Schmeichel wanted to leave so on the transfer list he went, Romero coming in to replace him from the Watford game and we've not looked back. However, an unhappy Schmeichel is still on the books, having turned down the only offer to come in for him due to the wages on offer.

The Results

sCNa7Pl.png

Couldn't have asked for anymore.

The League

mazlenL.png

Results | Capital One Cup

A good result over a resilient Doncaster Rovers. The fixtures are piling in already so it was good to get this result with a somewhat rotated squad.

jKbfnn6.png

Transfers In

I think we've made some outstanding signings this summer, considering our stature. Wilson, Iheanacho, Eddy, Bojan, Moses and Romero are all top quality players. If we can keep them all fit we're going to have some season.

gCMQE3p.png

Transfers Out

As I said a lot of players had the hump, being in the Championship. I don't want uncommitted players here, so they were all put on the transfer list. With the Exception of Schmeichel they all found new clubs. The money in helped to ensure we could replace them with quality, and in some cases better players whilst balancing the books.

V7dq9DJ.png

Managers Thoughts...

I could never have predicted the start we have made. We've blown everyone away with our quick, counter attacking football. It has been a joy to watch at times. Some harder games coming up in September so we'll need to continue this form and hopefully remain in the top two as we enter October.

Fixtures for next month.

Qt2CmW3.png

Thank you for reading.

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

September 2017 | Leicester City Monthly Review

xt82GCr.png

A little bit of a wobble midway through the month, but we recovered well. The Wolves match was a freak result, we were all over them, but two penalties were enough for them to secure a win, our first loss of the season. Danny Drinkwater has been getting man of the match in almost every game. Such a key player for us. Was also good to see young Masek mark his first appearance with a goal at just 17 years of age.

The Results

7pNrDPA.png

We're in a strong position.

The League

eSZT5HL.png

Results | Capital One Cup | 3rd Rnd

It was level at the end of 90 minutes and I genuinely thought West Ham would show their quality in extra time but it was the substitute Iheanacho who shows his quality with a couple of excellent goals either side of a Bojan masterpiece. Delighted with the result!

0zHGJV4.png

Managers Thoughts...

Absolutely delighted with the way things are going. A little stutter in the middle of the month but we recovered well. October is going to be a very tough month for us, the first 3 games in 7 days looks like it could set us up for the bad month. If we can secure 10 points I'll be pleased.

Fixtures for next month.

lPcRPPq.png

Thank you for reading.

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

Wow, what a turnaround! After a Serie A experience like that, you deserved a run like this one to start the season with your new club.

Good luck, hopefully you can keep that early-season form up!

Thanks for stopping by.

I didn't have the best of luck in Italy. I'm not even sure luck played a part in it. I just underestimated that league and what is needed to win. I was too open and attacking I think and I paid the price for that.

However, I can play my way in England as it's a bit more forgiving. Hopefully we can carry this form on through the season and push for promotion.

Hope you stick around :)

October 2017 | Leicester City Monthly Review

xt82GCr.png

A turnaround in fortune this month. I think I said I'd be pleased with 10 points from the fixtures we had, so delighted with 12. However, I can't help thinking we should have beaten Doncaster. I just underestimated them. Darren Ferguson has them playing a nice passing game and we were all over the place. We had some good chances, but due to the fixture pileup we had to rest some players. Nethertheless, it's been a great month, Iheanacho is playing excellently and we're still continuing to show our free flowing football.

The Results

jY5Y2ZX.png

The league speaks for itself.

The League

fbTGDhn.png

Results | Capital One Cup | 3rd Rnd

Another Premier League team taken down. This time it was Fulham who came to the King Power Stadium but they were quickly chopped back down to size after taking a 13 minute lead. Young Lawrence and on loan Iheanacho put us 2-1 ahead and we never looked like losing this one.

OJYuHUd.png

Managers Thoughts...

Again I am delighted with the way things are going. Have I found my level in Championship football, or are these players just more dedicated to what we're trying to achieve? Either way I'm proud of what we've achieved and we look on track for a promotion place. An easier month in terms fewer fixtures. We should be able to keep our best players fresh and keep pushing for points.

Fixtures for next month.

8Fhjv5U.png

Thank you for reading.

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

An excellent read Oliver.

Congratulations on getting your mojo and confidence back as a manager. Thinking of the future, do you expect to stay in England now or do you feel you have something to prove to the Italians that you can work in their country? Would you go back? Have you learnt some lessons from that experience?

KUTGW

I am really enjoying this! I really enjoy the way you present things in the thread.

One of these days I will figure out how to post the images directly on the thread and not have to use links.

But I really like this, especially the manager thoughts, I am going to do something like that on my thread, if you don't mind me stealing an idea from you.

An excellent read Oliver.

Congratulations on getting your mojo and confidence back as a manager. Thinking of the future, do you expect to stay in England now or do you feel you have something to prove to the Italians that you can work in their country? Would you go back? Have you learnt some lessons from that experience?

KUTGW

Thank you for stopping by. I'll stay in England for a bit. I have a wishlist of clubs I'd like to manage, some who I wanted to on my last save but the opportunities never came up. A couple of those teams are in England, but I'd love to go to Spain, too.

I'd go back to Italy, I'd love to manage Parma and try bring them back up to Serie A. I've learnt that I need to be a bit more conservative there, and recognise that I cannot keep the same style I am used to.

Hope you stick about :)

I am really enjoying this! I really enjoy the way you present things in the thread.

One of these days I will figure out how to post the images directly on the thread and not have to use links.

But I really like this, especially the manager thoughts, I am going to do something like that on my thread, if you don't mind me stealing an idea from you.

Hey thanks. Sure, happy for you to use the format. Just put the images in tags and they'll show rather than being links. I find it much easier to follow threads when I can just quickly skim through the results and table as I don't like having to keep clicking on links.

See you around :)

November 2017 | Leicester City Monthly Review

xt82GCr.png

Not a great month if I'm honest. The game against Hull was shocking. We were 3-0 down early on and despite coming back into it we couldn't get anything out of the game. Cardiff was better, but at Forrest we managed to take all the points, thanks to Albrighton who was excellent on the right wing. It was a chance for us to rest up with the limited fixtures as it's going to get tougher now.

The Results

qVERGTY.png

Still comfortable at the top.

The League

seg0Jek.png

Results | Capital One Cup | Qtr Final

Very disappointed. We should have won this game and had plenty of chances to win it, hitting the woodwork 3 times in the process. We gave away a shocking goal and could never get back into it, despite chucking everyone forward for the final 10 minutes.

MFY3RwN.png

Managers Thoughts...

Just the one win this month. Our form seems to be taking a dent at the moment. Moral is relatively high, but our strikers have gone off the boil and we don't seem to be as fluid and forward thinking as we were at the start of the season. Fixtures are piling up now, so we'll need to keep everyone fit if we're to come out on top in the new year.

Fixtures for next month.

meaCmSz.png

Thank you for reading.

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

December 2017 | Leicester City Monthly Review

xt82GCr.png

A mixed month again. But the points keeps us clear at the top of the league. Lingard came to me complaining about a lack of game time. I challenged him to fight for his place in the team and he's done just that. Player of the month for me and keeping Moses on the bench. If we can keep this form up we should be good for automatic promotion.

The Results

XlnAXTN.png

Moved to 11 points clear at the top.

The League

9SF7G0F.png

Managers Thoughts...

A really good month for us with the teams we've faced. We have a couple of months to go and we should be good for automatic promotion. The guys are playing well, and the injuries are at a minimum for now so if we can keep this up we'll be good. Next month looks easy on paper. Lets hope when it comes down to the pitch we're on form.

Fixtures for next month.

JCs5wfu.png

Thank you for reading.

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

January 2018 | Leicester City Monthly Review

xt82GCr.png

A good month in the league. It could have been so very different though. The game against Huddersfield was so frustrating. They had next to no shots, but everything went in. We were 5-2 up at one point and had a very nervy finish when they had two goals in the final 10. But we hung on. Watford equalised in the 90th minute to deny us the three points there. Bristol have exceeded all expectations this season and sit comfortably in the playoffs. However, we were excellent and fully deserved the win.

The Results

0aMxJBc.png

With it now being 12 points clear it is ours to throw away.

The League

Xwyb2fq.png

Results | FA One Cup | 3rd and 4th Rnd.

Out with a bang! The 3rd round was a good game, rested a lot of players and it almost cost us but we squeezed through against Wimbledon. However, away to City we were annihilated. They had over 30 shots and in fairness it could have been so much more. A real eye opener for us as we're going to have to seriously strengthen if we're to stay in the Premier League, should we go up.

We also lost James Wilson for 3 weeks, which makes the loss even harder to take.

JC2U9Jg.png

Managers Thoughts...

I'm going to try enjoy the Championship ride for as much as I can, because one thing is for certain, the Premier League is going to be one tough league for us. Looking ahead we have some good games coming up, and we'll have to rotate to keep players fresh. If we can maintain a 10 point lead by the end of the month I'll be pleased.

Fixtures for next month.

ScP0s7Z.png

Thank you for reading.

Oliver Jensen

@FMFutbolManager

Doing much much better with Leicester than with Fiorentina here. Looks like everything's set for a return to the Premiership, keep it up. :thup:

Thanks. We do have a very good squad after the investment made over the summer. I find it much easier managing in England than Italy, that's for sure.

James Wilson is on fire!

He has been sensational recently. Just a shame he's out for February with an injury.

Archived