[FM16][WIP] Steklo X6

TomDixon77

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no need really, the club badge is in the contract info box.

In the meantime, match things!

29o2yxw.jpg

Imgur is being very, very slow, so I had to upload to tinypic, which means it's resized (and still too big, useless gets)

It looks good Tom. I think Steklo should be the default skin for FM.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom, I'll just tell you that I prefer FM15 to FM16 not because of the game features but because I can use your skin from last year. I'm a bit older and frankly, it's easier to read than just about anything I've seen. Very clean and easy to follow which are both huge things for eyes that aren't as good as they used to be. Thanks for all you do.

Probably makes sense to hold off for a while anyway. 16.3.0 is on the horizon and there will almost certainly be a few UI tweaks which might throw a spanner in the works.

Do we know when exactly would this 16.3.0 update be released? March?

Tom have a look at fmshots.com You can upload alla your images through them it is run by FM scout they were complaininf about imgur being to slow so they set up fmshots.com

We didn't complain about imgur being slow. The problem was that imgur blocked fmscout because our members had hot-linked to over 130k pictures hosted there over the past 2 years. I explained it here.

Its a cracking setup, just added a page myself. (its under wkdsoul).

Its simple, and great for FM.

Thanks for the kind words man, I appreciate it :)

If it's file size, their limit is a bit stingy, the file's not even 6 meg.

There is no overall storage limit, but I've set a 2MB limit per image and I thought that was more than enough for most people. I see your @2x screenshots are quite big (3840x2035). Perhaps saving them as jpg (80%) would get them under 2MB?

Mr.Dixon; Any news? Just bought FM16 and I find it difficult to play without Steklo. Ive found one which suits my stadiumbackgrounds but the layout is not good and the tempo in between highlights is really really slow which annoys me alot. And I use a program cheat engine; Stil slow! Steklo supports backgrounds, layout is great, easily to read - and the pace between highlights actually goes fast if that is what you want it to do

• 2 weeks later...

Same. I haven't played FM 16 yet as I only got it around Christmas time. I've been waiting for the January update to start and I also thought this skin would be out by now. Just waiting for this, will probably just use the default skin in the mean time.

patient my friend if you read what tom as said on here he's been faffing around, building his new pc so what comes first i ask PC or SKIN i think PC so Tom will release it when he's ready

Patients is the key, but like every year a lot of people don't intend to start there long game save due to the skin, suppose its all down to personal use :) also he has built his PC, but hopefully itl be another month SINCE I'm flat out with work to keep me busy until then :)

Great work tom like every year top man:D

Righto. Sorry about the lack of updates (And more importantly, skin). I am going to finish it, but this is the first time in about 20 years I haven't played (or particularly want to play) FM, which is an odd experience. This has led to my general lethargy at sorting the skin out (i.e. I'm not using it myself and getting annoyed at its unfinishedness), and I've had to recreate some of the graphics again for the 1x version, as I cocked up my psd and lost all the formatting bits for what I'd already done (and having them not match up would have sent me off the deep end). Again, many, many apologies.

Righto. Sorry about the lack of updates (And more importantly, skin). I am going to finish it, but this is the first time in about 20 years I haven't played (or particularly want to play) FM, which is an odd experience. This has led to my general lethargy at sorting the skin out (i.e. I'm not using it myself and getting annoyed at its unfinishedness), and I've had to recreate some of the graphics again for the 1x version, as I cocked up my psd and lost all the formatting bits for what I'd already done (and having them not match up would have sent me off the deep end). Again, many, many apologies.

Hey, Tom.

No apologies needed. Keep it up and thank you for what you brought to us all over the years.

Thank you.

Thanks for the update. Is it going to remain the same design as the last screenshot you posted with the Columbus Crew Club Overview page? How much more work do you think you have left on the skin?

Nice one :thup: Seriously though you don't have to apologise, after all you do this for free of charge, there's no rush!

Thank you so much Tom

Yes. I've definitely got the processing box stuff to do (I've not had any real ideas there yet), not sure after that.

the processing box is the worst part of the default skin. so much of stats, news... things to look at while waiting the game to process, could be added there... all we get is some random results and even more random stats... have no clue what could be done there skinningwise, but sure would love to see some relevant info from my league, euro cups... just a thought...

• 1 month later...

Sorry Tom Dixon but you need to stop this nonsense every time you announce a new skin. The whole process drags on and on without completion. I cannot for the life of me understand why you do this as all that will happen is people will constantly nag you for a completion date ! In future I suggest you keep details to yourself until if or when your skin is ready for release. Yes your skins are very high quality WHEN we finally get to use them !

Sorry Tom Dixon but you need to stop this nonsense every time you announce a new skin. The whole process drags on and on without completion. I cannot for the life of me understand why you do this as all that will happen is people will constantly nag you for a completion date ! In future I suggest you keep details to yourself until if or when your skin is ready for release. Yes your skins are very high quality WHEN we finally get to use them !

Just so you know, alot of work goes into making a skin also its becoming harder every year, also before you have a dig at someone check all the details before you do as Tom has released a stelko skin for the past 5 years running this is the very first time he hasnt completed it and we dont even know if there is a valid reason behind this, so from now on respect all skin makers as if it wasnt for them we would be stuck with the boring default skin.

Take it you've never tried making a skin then.

I have total respect for skin makers,they are fundamental to the look and feel of FM and in our FB group we have the best. I also stated that Tom Dixon's skins are high quality and I'm fully aware of his past work,so I'll ignore such stupid remarks. My point was that for the sake of the creator and those left hanging,waiting for completion I feel it would make more sense to not disclose any information until near completion or the certainty that it will be released.

Archived