Sports Interactive Community
velvetonion

No idea what to do, work permit problems.

I got this goalkeeper he's 20 and looks like he could be my first team keeper for long term. I am Portsmouth in the championship and cannot get a work permit for him. I got a Croatian team as a feeder club to send him and get a wp there but he wont go to them, all the other clubs coming in for him are from countries where it will take to long to get a work permit or he wont get one at all. I am completely stuck.

2015-12-07_00001_zpschf1ekvr.jpg

Going by those season stats I'm assuming he's already Ecuador's first choice keeper? If so I wouldn't worry about who you send him on loan to as if you apply when you next can he'll almost certainly get a WP. So yeah, I'd accept whatever club offers you the highest loan fee as he'll no doubt be able to get a WP within the year at least.

Agree with Celtic - he already has 7 caps so as long as he goes somewhere he is going to play, he should continue to feature for the NT and can get a WP that way. I wouldn't worry about the loan fee - I would pick based on the squad status they are offering and then quality of training facilities. Those two factors should ensure he is a regular and continues to develop.

Given he's South American, a Spanish club might be preferable as South American players get Spanish citizenship after 2 years.

Thanks for the info I checked he has played in Ecuador's last 5 games, i applied for another wp but it has been rejected. Any idea how many games he has to play before he will have one granted?

Thanks for the info I checked he has played in Ecuador's last 5 games, i applied for another wp but it has been rejected. Any idea how many games he has to play before he will have one granted?

It's a % figure over a period of time. I know that doesn't fully help as I don't know the exact specifics but like the guys above said, loan him out to a team with good facilities and where he will play and just keep re-applying for one, it won't be far off.