Help please!

Hi, I've been an avid football mamager since CM2 on the Amiga. I've done remarkable things in my FM career, however I've hit a wall and I'm looking for any advice.

I tend to take over small English clubs and develop them into dominant European forces over 10-20 seasons. I've never had a "career" save. This time I took over Chorley and two seasons in the Northern Conference I decided to jump to League One midway through season two to Rochdale who were in the relegation zone. I survived my first season comfortably as the free market was awash with talent. The same team got me up in my 2nd season as Champions. I set up my side for a year or two in the Championship establishing myself and trying to build a squad, however an affiliation with Arsenal saw us snag two stunning strikers who propelled us to a play off promotion.

Hence the dilemma...back to back promotions from League One to the Prem has caused issues. The side wasn't good enough, frees of sufficient quality wouldn't join. The little money I had I tried to bring in experience to steady the ship. 8 games in I'm 18th with 1 win to my name.

I have no money to spend, a mismatched team with a couple of real good Prem players like Tony Sanabria up front from Roma and Neal Maupay, Ravel Morrison in the hole behind the front two, Kasper Schmeichal in net, Taylor Moore from Lens and Josip Radisovic from Italy. The rest of the squad are still league one players. I have no money, the free market is dead, no one will join on loan.

Any advice to try and perform a miricle and stay up?

I tend to take over small English clubs and develop them into dominant European forces over 10-20 seasons. I've never had a "career" save.

Not sure what you mean, as what you're describing sounds exactly like a "career" save to me...

Archived