Queen's Park

I'm thinking of doing the youth challenge with Queen's Park and was wondering if anyone had gotten far with them before. What happens when they get into the SPL - Are they allowed to stay amateur?

Also, when they lost players under the age of 24, do they receive tribunal fees?

I've tried it in the past and seem to recall they do?

I managed QP for nearly 10 years in FM14.

The hardest challenge is keeping your good players because they are on amateur contracts, so other teams can come in and nab them for nought.

I managed to get them to the Scottish Championship but got relegated that same season and just hung around the SPL1 (3rd tier).

As far as I'm aware they won't ever turn pro or semi pro because its hard coded that they stay amateur as is the case IRL.

what if though IRL queens park did actully make it to the SPL in the near future.would they change their statusto semi-pro or would they remain an ameturs ide. as far as i know, they play there home games at hampden park, and the gate receipts made, go straight to the FA as part of the rental agreement of the stadium, i think they retain about 25% of match income

what if though IRL queens park did actully make it to the SPL in the near future.would they change their statusto semi-pro or would they remain an ameturs ide. as far as i know, they play there home games at hampden park, and the gate receipts made, go straight to the FA as part of the rental agreement of the stadium, i think they retain about 25% of match income

Ludere Causa Ludendi

They aren't going to go professional to any extent unless something drastically changes in their philosophy as a club.

Could always contact them and ask.

It would be surprised if it was coded that should they make the SPL they'll become semi-professional. The club's entire ethos and philosophy is on amateurism. When your motto's "Ludere Causa Ludendi" then I'm pretty sure you'd rather enjoy the game, than chase the prizes.

They're never going to move away from being an amateur club. Ever. In FM or in real life. In FM they're set to the "Always Amateur" status, so can't change there. And the "if they make the Premiership" argument is pretty moot in real life, as it's incredibly unlikely to happen. I could see them getting to League One, as they always seem to pick up very good players who have made the move to bigger clubs (Dundee United have picked up a few, most notably Andrew Robertson) but they're never going to get to the top. And if they did, they still wouldn't change away from it.

Archived