Sports Interactive Community
denninbj

Signing Players for your youth squad?

I am playing as FC Twente and am curious if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to fill up my youth sqaud? I like to sign young players and train them into my formation but typically i have to wait for them to be able to come here and I have to over pay them. Am i doing something wrong? Don't better teams poach tons of youth players all the time in real life?

Any suggestions are welcome. I want to eventually make a team of all home grown talent or at least players I trained and maybe loaned out for a season or 2.

If you want to get players on the cheap, you should take a look at the American youth academies. A lot of guys available on the cheap and looks good already at times. Since you are in the Eredivise, it shouldn't be a problem bringing them in unless they are under 18

I am playing as FC Twente and am curious if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to fill up my youth sqaud? I like to sign young players and train them into my formation but typically i have to wait for them to be able to come here and I have to over pay them. Am i doing something wrong? Don't better teams poach tons of youth players all the time in real life?

Any suggestions are welcome. I want to eventually make a team of all home grown talent or at least players I trained and maybe loaned out for a season or 2.

Dutch youth players are nearly always going to be expensive, and many won't want to move to another team in the Eredivise. In my Ajax Let's Play I've managed to stock a huge amount of young dutch talent, but most of the time I either had to pay a lot for them, or wait until their contracts ended or they wanted to move on. Even then, with teams like PSV or Feyenoord, I could hardly, if ever, poach any talent from them. The kids just simply didn't want to move... which I kind of like actually. Little bit more realistic.

So it's doable, but will just take time. Personally though, scour Scandinavia for young players. Should be able to pick up lots there for decent prices if you build up a good network!

Moved thread to General Discussion as it is not really a Tactics and Training issue

I'm also playing as FC Twente, but not really focusing a lot on the youth team, though i have produced some pretty good players, most have been sold on though because they wanted CL football, which at the time i couldn't offer.

Like DreamsDefined said, it's difficult to get dutch youth from other clubs, i've barely taken any that have worked out. Most of my young players are either Scandinavian or South American, mainly because you can get them fairly cheap.

I seem to have or have had a lot of good Colombian regens, this guy in particular i picked up for £600k from Junior in Colombia, he had 1 very good season and then sold for £17.75m and now he's one of the world best players. If i was regularly in the Champions League at the time he might have stayed. I know it's not quite what you want, but if you can get those kinds of players and keep them, you're sorted.

I've been posting the best of my academy players in Neppo's Youth Challenge in Challenges and Sign Ups forum.

When youth income day is in your club it's in entire league as well. Go to scout section, put filter less then 15 age and there will be all regens with no contract. You have no time to scout them so just offer contracts to 10 most expensive ones.

You'll get 10 players for few millions of compensation fees. Some will probably have good potential.

Hit your magnifying glass and search for - FFA COE.

I have found a few world class players in there, I usually just rely on my scouts, but some saves are just for fun and I check them out.