Suggestion for next patch - Favourite Staff, Icons and Legends

I have a suggestion for the next patch (it should be something really easy to fix).

In Football Manager only the players elected as Player of The Year by supporters are becoming Favourite Staff, Icons and then Legends. I think this is right because in reality also the players with good performance over the years (even if never as best player of the season) and many years in the club are at least Favourite Staff and/or Icons of the club. Legends I agree, should be only the very best players ever of the team. I give you some examples of players who have never been "Best Player of The Year" for their team but are Icons, without any doubt:

- Gary Neville (20 years in Man Utd, 400 matches played)

- Carles Pujol (19 years in Barcelona, 392 matches)

- Mauro Tassotti (17 years in AC Milan, 428 matches)

and many others...

In Football Manager only the players elected as Player of The Year by supporters are becoming Favourite Staff, Icons and then Legends.

Where did you find this "rule"? Because I have never heard of it. In fact, I just went back to look at my latest long-term one-club save, and there is at least one player in there who has icon status without having been FPotY...

Where did you find this "rule"? Because I have never heard of it. In fact, I just went back to look at my latest long-term one-club save, and there is at least one player in there who has icon status without having been FPotY...

It never happened to me, I had players with 10 years in the club and 300-400 matches but not icons.

Players can become fan favorites through being elected supporters' POTY, OR by having an excellent match (I don't know the exact criteria, but in previous FM's I've had players scoring a hattrick or having a 9+ match becoming favourite staff for the supporters).

I've never had players becoming favourite staff (or icon) in any other way, so I can second the OP's suggestion

I assume you're playing with Malmö...? ;)

Haha. Of course! It was my main save on FM14 like on every FM because it's my favourite club.

Guessing you don't like him as much as I do..

Btw, think we're even since you stole the best manager we ever had! Hope Denmark will pick it up from now on..!

Archived