Liverpool Possession Tactic with a Very Attacking intent! Ultimate Doom!

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i played with the same team in the last 2 preseason games. the last 3 preseason game i won 4-0, 7-0 and 3,0.

My Starting elleven was:

De Gea, Shaw, Smalling, Rojo, Darmian, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Depay, Gabriel Barbosa, Martial.

Mata usually plays on the right IF, but was injured in the game before. That was the only change.

I have only Signed Luan and Gabriel for the first team. Signed alot of youngsters, but the are all in the youth teams.

But could my starting 11 be to young? Schweinsteiger should be "perfect" for the Regista.

One thing that aneyoed me, was that Sissoko just ran past Shaw with much easy. Despite Shaw having 17 in accel and Pace. Sissoko has 14 and 16.

I just think that this was a fluke game, were everything whent wrong. And maybe the first goal took som confident out of my players. And so did the 2 and 3 goal.

I have Arsenal home in the next game, and the CL qual against Lazio. So my season could be over before it gets going.

Gonna keep the tactic because i believe in it. Old Trafford wants attacking football so that is what they will get :D

So far with United i lost 6-1 to newcastle, 2-2 against Arsenal. 1-1 Against Lazio away, 2-2 against Everton, 1-0 home against Lazio-

So im in CL thanks to De Gea saving a penalty against Lazio in the 75th min.

The 2 games against Arsenal and Everton i equalize to 2-2 with a Smalling header from a Freekick.

I Have taken off OI, wich i had Bernhard Peters do, he has 15 i JPA and 17 Tactical Know. After that my players doesnt seem to rush into stupide positions and trying to make studpide interceptions and so on.

In the next few games i will try to make my 2 IF and the F9 Shoot Less Often, because i usually have 15-25 shot in each game, but only 5-10 On Target.

Lets see how it goes :D

any tactic does not work with Barcelona

One of the best teams in the world and no works, is desperate

There is no such thing as a plug and play tactic which wins every game, and that is a good thing. Ultimate Doom or Barcelona will not win every game, a great manager needs a two or three different plans just in case plan A doesn't work, there is another plan to fall back on. If your looking for a tactic which never loses, then you are not going to find it, just like in real life, nobody wins every game, sometimes draw or lose, Ultimate Doom has been proven to be a successful tactic as I have demonstrated on 3 different occasions with 3 different teams, the rest is down to management team talks, opp instructions, consistency, stability, tactical astuteness, man management and player / press interaction. The New Barcelona tactic, once developed will also be a great tactic to use, however if you just want to plug a tactic in and expect it to win every game, its not going to happen, even with a club like Barcelona and that is a good thing, because it wouldn't be a very good reflection of reality if it did. Barcelona do not win every game either. I wouldn't want to play with a tactic that always wins either. :thup:

There is no such thing as a plug and play tactic which wins every game, and that is a good thing. Ultimate Doom or Barcelona will not win every game, a great manager needs a two or three different plans just in case plan A doesn't work, there is another plan to fall back on. If your looking for a tactic which never loses, then you are not going to find it, just like in real life, nobody wins every game, sometimes draw or lose, Ultimate Doom has been proven to be a successful tactic as I have demonstrated on 3 different occasions with 3 different teams, the rest is down to management team talks, opp instructions, consistency, stability, tactical astuteness, man management and player / press interaction. The New Barcelona tactic, once developed will also be a great tactic to use, however if you just want to plug a tactic in and expect it to win every game, its not going to happen, even with a club like Barcelona and that is a good thing, because it wouldn't be a very good reflection of reality if it did. Barcelona do not win every game either. I wouldn't want to play with a tactic that always wins either. :thup:

you're right

it seems that UD is beginning to work, maybe it should be totally fluid

Hi Fenech been looking all over for a tactic for Liverpool and I like the look of this 1 what do you for team and individual training,team talks and do you change the backroom staff

TEAM TRAINING

From start of Pre-Season to August 1st or until the tactic is fully fluid

Pre%20Season_zpsj4uzhtth.png

At various points in the news section you will get reports from your assistant advising how the match training is going, and you are looking for the report which says, you can move it down a notch .. he will do this twice, each time just move the Match Training one notch to the left.

On August 1st change from Team Cohesion to Balanced and keep it there for the whole season. Also keep the intensity high for the whole season.

You should end up with the team training looking something like this for the whole season. So once the tactic is completely Fluid also change from Tactics to Team Work.

P1_zpswqxrfobw.png

I normally let the Chief Scout do the Scouting, and you want one with good tactical knowledge and good judging ability and potential, in his report, i only look for what he is recommending in terms of training, so def position, att movement etc. and i put on that advice, in the drop down box within the scout report.

INDIVIDUAL TRAINING It's not rocket Science. you simply change the training to the specific role for the tactic. so e.g. my keepers i will put on sweeper keeper support, my side defenders, put on wing backs, my striker on F9 training. So basically just train them up to the specific roles in your formation and then... no individual focus whatsoever for any player. Training should be balanced to the role you want them to do in the tactic. remember that any individual focus will put the intensity upto heavy which can be a factor with injuries and as well takes away from the balanced overall training of the role, so you dont need it.

I do change the back room staff when i first join and very little changes after that.

Assistant: Judging Player Ability, Judging Player Potential, Man Management, Motivating & Tactical Knowledge... e.g. Frankie Bunn, Roberto Samaden, Jose Sambede, Bruno Conti etc etc

Attacking Coach: Attacking & Tactics e.g. Diego Bortoluzzi, Seppo Eichkorn

Shooting Coach Attacking & Technical e.g. Enzo Scifo Paul Scholes

Defending Coach Defending & Tactical e.g. Ivan Carminati Toni Ruiz Angel Vales

Ball Control Coach Mental & Technical e.g. Giuseppe Colombino Tony Parkes

2 Fitness Coaches & 2 Goalkeeper Coaches ideally with tactical and technical attributes. e.g. Neri, Jose Sambede, Michael Lindeman, Phil Cannon

Head of Youth: Thomas Albeck, Bernhard Peters, Frank Arnesan

DOF: I dont use them.... you dont need them. But e.g. Guus Hiddink, Gerard Houllier, Glenn Hoddle etc..

Basically youth coaches, yes, all the attributes as above, including .... Working with Youngsters...

TEAM TALKS

Tone: Assertive (professional)

Before Match: I generally go with whatever the assistant advises here, except, never ask for revenge or anything to do with the media. like prove a point, stay away from all that, if ass man advises this, just do an encouraging one instead, but tend to stick with anything to do with, go out there and impress me, show me what you can do.... stay away from reminding them about keeping the run going if you can. Just encourage, another good one, if you won your last game, is go out there and carry straight on from where you left off last time out, or carry on from the last time, or for the fans, so lets give the performance the fans are expecting, if ass man advises that. if its a derby, give it all the passion.. with the for the fans, otherwise just stick to assertive...

NEVER ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MEDIA

NEVER ANYTHING TO DO WITH SHOWING THE WORLD HOW GOOD YOU ARE, OR PROVING A POINT OR GETTING REVENGE. - The players will just think you are some kind of lunatic just released from broadmoor or something.. :lol:

After this, never listen to the assistant at all....

Try not to make any substitutions before half time. but if someone is 6.3 or below, I normally substitute them straight away, no more than one sub at the most before half time, also take a look at anyone on a yellow card, combined with a 6.5 or below, take him off, the other thing to look for, if someone has caused the opposition to score, like fouling and give away a penalty, take him off, its clearly not his day!

but mainly you want to get to half time not making any subs at all, and never more than 1

HALF TIME:

If Losing by 3 goals or more

Tone: Aggressive... I expect to see a much better performance in the second half --- or -- Show me something else in the second half

If losing by 2 goals or less

Tone: Assertive... I expect to see a much better performance in the second half --- or -- Show me something else in the second half

If Drawing

Tone: Assertive... You have been unlucky or Unlucky Boys, Things just having gone right for us so far..

If Winning by 1 Goal

Tone: Assertive... Don't get complacent or We must avoid complacency, Don't think the job is done - there may be other variations, but stick to these two...

If winning by 2 goals or more Assertive... I'm very happy with how things are going --- I'm very pleased with your performance so far. keep it up!

Any player on 6.5. or below comes off, or any player who gets any injury comes off straight away either before or after half time...... any player on a 9.0 by half time, passionate, im very pleased with your performance so far.

FULL TIME:

if lose the game by 3 goals or more:

Tone: Aggressive: ... Not good enough, that is the sort of match we should be winning, im very disappointed with that performance.

if lose the game by 2 goals or less

Tone: Assertively: ... Not good enough, that is the sort of match we should be winning, im very disappointed with that performance.

If draw the game

Assertively: ... You have been unlucky, unlucky boys anyone on 9.0 or more, Passionate. I am very pleased with your performance.

If win by 6 goals

Passionate.... I am very happy with your performance today. No individual talks at all

If win by 3 goals

Assertively.. I am very happy with your performance today... anyone on 9.0 or more, Passionate. I am very pleased with your performance.

If win by 1 to 2 goals

Assertively.. A Good win boys, well done... anyone on 9.0 or more, Passionate. I am very pleased with your performance.

Stick to this, don't deviate from this at all, no matter what the ass man says, and no matter what happened. so even if you draw and you think they were awful, still tell them they were unlucky.... so yeah sometime the ass man will try to say to be negative, don't do it, encourage the boys, keep the spirits up for the next game.... your the manager, listen that is why they are not managers!!!!

If on the rare occasion any player reacts, half time, pre team talk or full time in a negative manner. just encourage them, something like i have faith in you,,, your playing well but still room for improvement. a good trick is if half time and they are on 7.0 or below and they react negatively sometimes e.g. to don't be complacent... just say assertively im not happy with your performance so far, that will fire them up or motivate them... if its above 7.0 i generally go for i have faith or show me what you can do, and if its 8 or more, ill tell them i happy with their performance, if still negative, just keep an eye on that player and if form starts to dip. take them off.

remember to spread your substitution out over the course of the game, ideally i do 2 around the 60 minute mark and one on 75... look for body language, if all players good, but one looks complacent, don't wait for a mistake, take that dude off.... another one is looking uninterested. take him off if this is his body language...

Never do any talks mid game or when subbing players, players are motivated enough just coming on a sub because they want to get in the team.

Players cant hear you from the touchline, they will think you are mad and are talking to yourself, it also shows nerves, that you need to talk to them, let them play, they have enough of you at pre team, half time and full time, they don't want you filling their heads in between with nonsense jargon...

they have enough to think about trying to play the game. i never use in game talks...

Opposition Instruction: let a member of staff do it, in staff responsibilities first team you can set this, and use someone with highest tactical knowledge and judging player ability. determination as well is good.. if possible.

Any Questions just ask. :thup:

TEAM TRAINING

From start of Pre-Season to August 1st or until the tactic is fully fluid

Pre%20Season_zpsj4uzhtth.png

At various points in the news section you will get reports from your assistant advising how the match training is going, and you are looking for the report which says, you can move it down a notch .. he will do this twice, each time just move the Match Training one notch to the left.

On August 1st change from Team Cohesion to Balanced and keep it there for the whole season. Also keep the intensity high for the whole season.

You should end up with the team training looking something like this for the whole season. So once the tactic is completely Fluid also change from Tactics to Team Work.

P1_zpswqxrfobw.png

I normally let the Chief Scout do the Scouting, and you want one with good tactical knowledge and good judging ability and potential, in his report, i only look for what he is recommending in terms of training, so def position, att movement etc. and i put on that advice, in the drop down box within the scout report.

INDIVIDUAL TRAINING It's not rocket Science. you simply change the training to the specific role for the tactic. so e.g. my keepers i will put on sweeper keeper support, my side defenders, put on wing backs, my striker on F9 training. So basically just train them up to the specific roles in your formation and then... no individual focus whatsoever for any player. Training should be balanced to the role you want them to do in the tactic. remember that any individual focus will put the intensity upto heavy which can be a factor with injuries and as well takes away from the balanced overall training of the role, so you dont need it.

I do change the back room staff when i first join and very little changes after that.

Assistant: Judging Player Ability, Judging Player Potential, Man Management, Motivating & Tactical Knowledge... e.g. Frankie Bunn, Roberto Samaden, Jose Sambede, Bruno Conti etc etc

Attacking Coach: Attacking & Tactics e.g. Diego Bortoluzzi, Seppo Eichkorn

Shooting Coach Attacking & Technical e.g. Enzo Scifo Paul Scholes

Defending Coach Defending & Tactical e.g. Ivan Carminati Toni Ruiz Angel Vales

Ball Control Coach Mental & Technical e.g. Giuseppe Colombino Tony Parkes

2 Fitness Coaches & 2 Goalkeeper Coaches ideally with tactical and technical attributes. e.g. Neri, Jose Sambede, Michael Lindeman, Phil Cannon

Head of Youth: Thomas Albeck, Bernhard Peters, Frank Arnesan

DOF: I dont use them.... you dont need them. But e.g. Guus Hiddink, Gerard Houllier, Glenn Hoddle etc..

Basically youth coaches, yes, all the attributes as above, including .... Working with Youngsters...

TEAM TALKS

Tone: Assertive (professional)

Before Match: I generally go with whatever the assistant advises here, except, never ask for revenge or anything to do with the media. like prove a point, stay away from all that, if ass man advises this, just do an encouraging one instead, but tend to stick with anything to do with, go out there and impress me, show me what you can do.... stay away from reminding them about keeping the run going if you can. Just encourage, another good one, if you won your last game, is go out there and carry straight on from where you left off last time out, or carry on from the last time, or for the fans, so lets give the performance the fans are expecting, if ass man advises that. if its a derby, give it all the passion.. with the for the fans, otherwise just stick to assertive...

NEVER ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MEDIA

NEVER ANYTHING TO DO WITH SHOWING THE WORLD HOW GOOD YOU ARE, OR PROVING A POINT OR GETTING REVENGE. - The players will just think you are some kind of lunatic just released from broadmoor or something.. :lol:

After this, never listen to the assistant at all....

Try not to make any substitutions before half time. but if someone is 6.3 or below, I normally substitute them straight away, no more than one sub at the most before half time, also take a look at anyone on a yellow card, combined with a 6.5 or below, take him off, the other thing to look for, if someone has caused the opposition to score, like fouling and give away a penalty, take him off, its clearly not his day!

but mainly you want to get to half time not making any subs at all, and never more than 1

HALF TIME:

If Losing by 3 goals or more

Tone: Aggressive... I expect to see a much better performance in the second half --- or -- Show me something else in the second half

If losing by 2 goals or less

Tone: Assertive... I expect to see a much better performance in the second half --- or -- Show me something else in the second half

If Drawing

Tone: Assertive... You have been unlucky or Unlucky Boys, Things just having gone right for us so far..

If Winning by 1 Goal

Tone: Assertive... Don't get complacent or We must avoid complacency, Don't think the job is done - there may be other variations, but stick to these two...

If winning by 2 goals or more Assertive... I'm very happy with how things are going --- I'm very pleased with your performance so far. keep it up!

Any player on 6.5. or below comes off, or any player who gets any injury comes off straight away either before or after half time...... any player on a 9.0 by half time, passionate, im very pleased with your performance so far.

FULL TIME:

if lose the game by 3 goals or more:

Tone: Aggressive: ... Not good enough, that is the sort of match we should be winning, im very disappointed with that performance.

if lose the game by 2 goals or less

Tone: Assertively: ... Not good enough, that is the sort of match we should be winning, im very disappointed with that performance.

If draw the game

Assertively: ... You have been unlucky, unlucky boys anyone on 9.0 or more, Passionate. I am very pleased with your performance.

If win by 6 goals

Passionate.... I am very happy with your performance today. No individual talks at all

If win by 3 goals

Assertively.. I am very happy with your performance today... anyone on 9.0 or more, Passionate. I am very pleased with your performance.

If win by 1 to 2 goals

Assertively.. A Good win boys, well done... anyone on 9.0 or more, Passionate. I am very pleased with your performance.

Stick to this, don't deviate from this at all, no matter what the ass man says, and no matter what happened. so even if you draw and you think they were awful, still tell them they were unlucky.... so yeah sometime the ass man will try to say to be negative, don't do it, encourage the boys, keep the spirits up for the next game.... your the manager, listen that is why they are not managers!!!!

If on the rare occasion any player reacts, half time, pre team talk or full time in a negative manner. just encourage them, something like i have faith in you,,, your playing well but still room for improvement. a good trick is if half time and they are on 7.0 or below and they react negatively sometimes e.g. to don't be complacent... just say assertively im not happy with your performance so far, that will fire them up or motivate them... if its above 7.0 i generally go for i have faith or show me what you can do, and if its 8 or more, ill tell them i happy with their performance, if still negative, just keep an eye on that player and if form starts to dip. take them off.

remember to spread your substitution out over the course of the game, ideally i do 2 around the 60 minute mark and one on 75... look for body language, if all players good, but one looks complacent, don't wait for a mistake, take that dude off.... another one is looking uninterested. take him off if this is his body language...

Never do any talks mid game or when subbing players, players are motivated enough just coming on a sub because they want to get in the team.

Players cant hear you from the touchline, they will think you are mad and are talking to yourself, it also shows nerves, that you need to talk to them, let them play, they have enough of you at pre team, half time and full time, they don't want you filling their heads in between with nonsense jargon...

they have enough to think about trying to play the game. i never use in game talks...

Opposition Instruction: let a member of staff do it, in staff responsibilities first team you can set this, and use someone with highest tactical knowledge and judging player ability. determination as well is good.. if possible.

Any Questions just ask. :thup:

I have asked questions on fm base and got 1 worded answers or look back at the op. This is the most in depth and explained answer I have received and makes sure I don't have to ask more questions and be a pain. Thank you so much It is very refreshing and assuring to have some1 like yourself on this forum :thup::applause:

Is there a condition with this year game that it can happen success two season in a row ??

It seams so at least for me.

After first season getting to know the game engine and testing several type of aproaches i manage to establish a solid tactic to attack season two with Arsenal and won EPL and reached 1/4 final on ECL knocked out by away goals.

Then 3rd season was bad 1/8 ECL knocked out and 3rd on EPL

Downloaded this tactic and won 4th season EPL and lost on penalties on ECL Final ....

5th season when i expected a good run i am in 13th place !!!!!! it seams unbelieveble !!!! getting hamered by almost anyone in EPL with only 4 wins in 15 games !!! ECL is running very good though

I cant understand i have won 0 games away despite being very better in almost of them

How can a tactic can go from 1 year awesomeness to next year beeing so weak ??? No other aspects can justify because they are all the same, training, team talks etc ...

it looks like there is something in the game that you need to have a diferent aproach every year

or is just me ?

Is there a condition with this year game that it can happen success two season in a row ??

It seams so at least for me.

After first season getting to know the game engine and testing several type of aproaches i manage to establish a solid tactic to attack season two with Arsenal and won EPL and reached 1/4 final on ECL knocked out by away goals.

Then 3rd season was bad 1/8 ECL knocked out and 3rd on EPL

Downloaded this tactic and won 4th season EPL and lost on penalties on ECL Final ....

5th season when i expected a good run i am in 13th place !!!!!! it seams unbelieveble !!!! getting hamered by almost anyone in EPL with only 4 wins in 15 games !!! ECL is running very good though

I cant understand i have won 0 games away despite being very better in almost of them

How can a tactic can go from 1 year awesomeness to next year beeing so weak ??? No other aspects can justify because they are all the same, training, team talks etc ...

it looks like there is something in the game that you need to have a diferent aproach every year

or is just me ?

Every game is different.

You will need to do minor tweaks when in game if you watch the game. :)

Every game is different.

You will need to do minor tweaks when in game if you watch the game. :)

That's not always the case - I never change my tactic or roles - just the players when they're tired.

The tweaking of the tactic needs to be done during pre-season

1st Season: Southampton...

4th in League

Won the League Cup.

2nd Season: Got the Man United Job

Finished 3rd, because I took over mid season after the previous manager had messed things up. (Laurent Blanc)

Won the Champions League. Will post Screenshots today.

There are many different factors which determine success in matches, but one thing that I can assure you is that the tactic is perfect the way it is.

You do not need to change it at all. However I would highly recommend that you download the tactic as opposed to making it yourself.

Every manager is different and there is no right or wrong and thats the great thing about the game, there are thousands of different ways of doing it and winning, but this tactic has been proven time and time again, season after season and yes, it does win in europe as well because I just won the champions league with Man U. So if it isn't going according to plan then it must be something your doing wrong.

So if you think you know what it is, then let me know and I can try to help. This game does not decide that one season one tactic will work and then you need a new tactic, and the reason is because the game is anti change, the game wants stability and consistency, so the second season, the tactic is fully trained before August! The game loves that, by then you should be only buying players to suit the roles in the formation, training the players only to the specific role you want them to perform, and you need great man management skills, you need to pick the right 11 players on matchday etc etc. You have to do the press conferences well and the team talks too and you have to be great at player interaction, all these things plus more will determine your success in winning trophies. :thup:

So you chose Man Utd instead of Barca .... :eek:

:D

Sure you'll be successful regardless mate :thup:

No mate, Barca man u and wolfsburg all gave me interviews

Barca opted for Joachim Low

Man U opted for Laurent blanc

And Wolfsburg said no too!!!

So I played half the new season with Southampton, they were about 4th or 5th... In the meantime Blanc had messed up big time with man u.

Wolfsburg came back in for me, but you know what, i turned them down, they had an opportunity and didnt take it.

When the Man U position became vacant I applied this time, they told me that had received my application but wanted to give Giggsy an opportunity to see what he could do first.

They approached me for another interview a few weeks later and then i did the interview, they came back in and gave me the choice to take some backroom members from Southampton with me and sack some of theirs. When they gave me the job, the backroom team i had chosen to take with me from Southampton were already at United. They gave a 7m budget for compensation but I only used 5m of it.

I took the job.. and won the champions league 1st season, that's where i am now, the barca position didnt come back up as i guess Jaochim low is doing well. :thup: I finished 5 points behind 1st place, having had to make up alot of points. Liverpool were in 2nd 2 points above me having started out about 12 points ahead of me. I also went out in the quarters of the fa cup. But i did make quite a few changes, because i had to get to know the team. I also changed the captain and also the tactic wasn't fully trained until April, so all in all, it was a great start!

Interesting since i left, Southampton are languishing in mid table... But they won't sell any players!! lol Good for them... I don't really need them.

Also Mane is unhappy at Barca and wants to leave. I dont need him now either. Barcelona paid me 60million straight for him, and then they never played him! He wanted to leave to join a bigger club, so no sympathy, i could of told him he would be warming their bench, but thanks for the 60m up front!

Fenech - Loving the Ultimate Doom tactic but after a few draws felt I was getting done a bit on counter attacks. Had no real ball playing defenders and an abundance of strong midfielders rather than technical ones so tweaked a few roles.

Changed BPD to CD D. Regista to DLP S and CM A to BWM S. Sometimes if I am not creating enough I may just swap my striker role to either a DLF or a CF both on support. Results have been decent.

Man United 0 West Ham 2

West Ham 2 Arsenal 0

Fiorentina 0 West Ham 2

Aston Villa 0 West Ham 0

West Ham 4 Newcastle 0

Swansea 1 West Ham 2

Everton 3 West Ham 4

West Ham 4 Swansea 0

West Ham 2 Crystal Palace 0

Fenech - Loving the Ultimate Doom tactic but after a few draws felt I was getting done a bit on counter attacks. Had no real ball playing defenders and an abundance of strong midfielders rather than technical ones so tweaked a few roles.

Changed BPD to CD D. Regista to DLP S and CM A to BWM S. Sometimes if I am not creating enough I may just swap my striker role to either a DLF or a CF both on support. Results have been decent.

Man United 0 West Ham 2

West Ham 2 Arsenal 0

Fiorentina 0 West Ham 2

Aston Villa 0 West Ham 0

West Ham 4 Newcastle 0

Swansea 1 West Ham 2

Everton 3 West Ham 4

West Ham 4 Swansea 0

Nice Mate and that is what this is about, sometimes you dont have the players, so you need to make adjustments to suit your team. Well done and I hope results continue to impress. :thup:

Nice Mate and that is what this is about, sometimes you dont have the players, so you need to make adjustments to suit your team. Well done and I hope results continue to impress. :thup:

Thank you for the tactic and your thread. It's a great template and nicely balanced so role changes can be done without to much of a negative knock on effect. Sometimes I think that people put too much emphasis on PI's and one little change or the wrong player there can have massive knock on's.

What if your opponent switch tactics half way through the game ?

What if they do?

This tactic tends to control the game by keeping the ball in the oppo's half.

Any counter attack is nullified by my quick CBs.

If they change tactic then I'd simply ask my AM for new OIs to address this.

Once you've trained a tactic to 100% fluid then why chance it to another one which is not as clearly understood by the players :herman:

Loads of the regular posters have said that the oppo need to adjust their tactic to overcome yours so I'm happy to sit and watch them try - they nearly always fail :)

What if they do?

This tactic tend to control the game by keeping the ball in the oppo's half.

Any confer attack is nullified by my quick CBs.

If they change tactic then I'd simply ask my AM for new OIs to address this.

Once you've trained a tactic to 100% fluid then why chance it to another one which is not as clearly understood by the players :herman:

Loads of the regular posters have said that the oppo need to adjust their tactic to overcome yours so I'm happy to sit and watch them try - they nearly always fail :)

I agree with this. The only thing different I do, is that I get Assistant to do the Opposition Instructions, in the Staff Responsibilities, First Team you can tick a box so the Assistant or Preferred member of staff does this. The advantage is you don't have to worry if they change tactics, if before, half time or during game, the Assistant automatically changes the opposition instructions throughout the game to whatever is required, so one less thing for you, the manager to have to worry about! :thup:

I don't change anything, I always say in the press conferences that teams should have to adapt to our style, and more often than not, they make the change, they weaken, and we capitalise on that. If you make the change, you are going from comfort into a less comfortable situation for your players and I have no idea why you would want to do that?

Don't Panic! You would be very surprised how many times I have seen it, you go 1-0 or 2-0 down and Panic and make changes and more often than not, the other team wins anyway and I have also seen many times, by just making the changes in personnel and being patient, your team comes back into the game and more often not, completely turns the game around and ends up winning comfortably! The game is 90 minutes and it is not over until the fat lady sings. So be Patient, keep stability and keep the faith. If you go in with one tactic, play that for the whole game. See where you are in 90mins compared to where you are when you change it, and I bet that you are in better place when you stick, then where you are when you switch!

Keep it Fluid.... :thup:

I agree with this. The only thing different I do, is that I get Assistant to do the Opposition Instructions, in the Staff Responsibilities, First Team you can tick a box so the Assistant or Preferred member of staff does this. The advantage is you don't have to worry if they change tactics, if before, half time or during game, the Assistant automatically changes the opposition instructions throughout the game to whatever is required, so one less thing for you, the manager to have to worry about! :thup:

Hi mate

I remember you saying this a while back and meant to ask then ...

I could only see the option in Responsibiliities that sets who would advise you about Tactics - but could never see where to set up what you've said where your AM automatically updates the OIs in-game as/when the Oppo change their tactic/role etc.

Can you tell me exactly how to do this pls ?

cheers

Hi mate

I remember you saying this a while back and meant to ask then ...

I could only see the option in Responsibiliities that sets who would advise you about Tactics - but could never see where to set up what you've said where your AM automatically updates the OIs in-game as/when the Oppo change their tactic/role etc.

Can you tell me exactly how to do this pls ?

cheers

Step 1: Click on the Staff Tab

Step 2: Click on the Responsibilities Tab

Step 3: Click on the First Team Tab

Step 4: Locate the option 'Handles Opposition Instructions'

Step 5: Set the Member of Staff you want to Handle Opposition Instructions

Step 6: Never have to worry about Opposition Instructions again!

Step 1: Click on the Staff Tab

Step 2: Click on the Responsibilities Tab

Step 3: Click on the First Team Tab

Step 4: Locate the option 'Handles Opposition Instructions'

Step 5: Set the Member of Staff you want to Handle Opposition Instructions

Step 6: Never have to worry about Opposition Instructions again!

So pretty simple then .. DOH :D

thanks - will set this tonight :thup:

good job !

Could you post your best xi - just interested which players from the original squad you have playing

the best 11

gk: David de gae

dr: Eric dier / darmian

dl: Luke shaw

dc: Jerry st. Juste / smalling

dc: Phil jones (captain)

dm: Kranevitter (vc)

mcr: BarKlay / ward prowse

mcl: Herrera / kovacic

amr: Mata

aml: Bale / griezmann

st: Rooney / benzema

I try your tactics against man utd

I only use the Ultimate Doom one, but just having a great tactic won't win you anything, you really do need to be good in alot of other areas of the game as well. e.g. If you don't keep a happy ship you will have problems. If you don't make the right signings, if you waste money, if you dont do the right team talks. press interactions, player interactions, learn from your mistakes, all these things plus more go to making a successful team. :thup:

Jerry st Jude - regen :D

Sorry my bad! Jerry St. Juste and he is not a regen! :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_St._Juste

He is a good prospect, so I have played him ahead of Smalling because i feel he can get better... whereas I think Smalling wont improve much.

Here you can also see IRL, man u are paying an interest in him too!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3243207/Manchester-United-interested-teenage-Dutch-defender-Jerry-St-Juste.html

Absolutely gutted. If Man City beat Chelsea at home then The Hammers would be Champions as long as I got the result against Everton. Did my bit with a 3-0 win only for City to get drubbed 0-4 at the Etihad. Poor show Mr Pellegrini, one suspects a few brown paper bags filled with cash may have sneaked in to the FM world!!!!!

Barclays%20Premier%20League_%20Overview%20Stages.png

Absolutely gutted. If Man City beat Chelsea at home then The Hammers would be Champions as long as I got the result against Everton. Did my bit with a 3-0 win only for City to get drubbed 0-4 at the Etihad. Poor show Mr Pellegrini, one suspects a few brown paper bags filled with cash may have sneaked in to the FM world!!!!!

Barclays%20Premier%20League_%20Overview%20Stages.png

To get there with West Ham is a great achievement! Well Done :thup:

To get there with West Ham is a great achievement! Well Done :thup:

Cheers Fenech, it's all down to your thread so many thanks.

One thing that is bugging me though is the short corner routine. It happens a lot that the corner taker passes it short and the player who receives it back heels it straight out of play. Not sure if I am missing something here or is it some sort of bug?

Cheers Fenech, it's all down to your thread so many thanks.

One thing that is bugging me though is the short corner routine. It happens a lot that the corner taker passes it short and the player who receives it back heels it straight out of play. Not sure if I am missing something here or is it some sort of bug?

Yes I notice that too. I think its when the opposition close down the corner and comes down to the player receiving it not being able to control the ball or cope with the pressure, but don't worry about it, just leave the set pieces exactly the way they are. They are perfect they way they are. :thup:

Archived