Liverpool Possession Tactic with a Very Attacking intent! Ultimate Doom!

i set up the routine for corners, putting players where i want them. offering short option for attack and close down for def but then when i get the corner none of them are where ive put them. same with throwings. i put it to throw short but first thing they do is throw it long. in fact ive never seen them throw it short.

Wizard boy, after you've made your corner, free kick and throw in routines you need to save them in the drop down menu at the top of the screen.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wizard boy, after you've made your corner, free kick and throw in routines you need to save them in the drop down menu at the top of the screen.

Did that but on corners i put one to attack from deep and other edge of area but only one is there. on free kicks for def i put each full back on near post and far post but in the game they ain`t there. they are when defending corners though. don`t know if it takes a few games for them to learn it. one thing that should be in this game is being able to cross to edge of area. i don`t know why its not an option since most teams have that as a set peice.

Nice tactic. Win Serie A with Lazio in the 1st season.

378120_2016_01_10_00001.png

It's a great tactic, I'm also developing a tactic for when you get a sending off, i would not recommend changing anything about the tactic. Leave everything the way it is. :thup:

It's a great tactic, I'm also developing a tactic for when you get a sending off, i would not recommend changing anything about the tactic. Leave everything the way it is. :thup:

Hi mate

So different from just sacrificing the F9 then ?

Interesting ......

Hi mate

So different from just sacrificing the F9 then ?

Interesting ......

I think making the keeper a sweeper keeper support was a great move and changing the tempo from normal to lower. so there are always improvements, but i wouldnt change any of the set pieces.

Yes it will be different. You will see :)

I think making the keeper a sweeper keeper support was a great move and changing the tempo from normal to lower. so there are always improvements, but i wouldnt change any of the set pieces.

Yes it will be different. You will see :)

I've found that the tactic works well domestically but I struggle in European competition - random.

Looking forward to it :thup:

Only problem I have with this tactic is striker struggle to score goal. Lots of goal came from IF.

That is the way it is supposed to be, your striker drops into midfield and the opposition defenders follow him leaving open space for your inside forwards and attacking mid fielders to score clear cut chances.

Fenech. Loving this at the moment and am 2nd in League with West Ham. Only problem I have is 8 red cards and 69 yellows in 34 games. Have you tried this with normal tackling or is get stuck in important in your opinion?

I would think that it is important however I have never tried it. I am not sure they would win possession back so easily without it, but normal tackling is worth a try, let me know how you get on. :thup:

Using this as Chelsea on FMT. Ended up sacked in January as sat 4th and dumped out of both cups (including a full strength side away to MK Dons!). Was still in the ECL though.

Think it's the same problems with any tactic on FMT. Without player interaction the tactics just don't work.

Using this as Chelsea on FMT. Ended up sacked in January as sat 4th and dumped out of both cups (including a full strength side away to MK Dons!). Was still in the ECL though.

Think it's the same problems with any tactic on FMT. Without player interaction the tactics just don't work.

Sorry to heat that this didn't work for you. I have never played FMT before, I always play the full version, maybe its not suited to FMT, you can have a great tactic but so many other factors need to be right, you need the players to suit the tactic, you need great management skills, so many other factors as you will be aware of, its a tough one though. I love the football it plays, it is not a tactic that will win every game, but it is a tactic which will give great highlights and good movement... maybe on FMT you just need a tactic which sticks to the basics....

Sorry to heat that this didn't work for you. I have never played FMT before, I always play the full version, maybe its not suited to FMT, you can have a great tactic but so many other factors need to be right, you need the players to suit the tactic, you need great management skills, so many other factors as you will be aware of, its a tough one though. I love the football it plays, it is not a tactic that will win every game, but it is a tactic which will give great highlights and good movement... maybe on FMT you just need a tactic which sticks to the basics....

I was trialing some tactics over Christmas by testing on FMT and holidaying for a season and this one was the best by a long way.

Won the league

P38 W28 D7 L3 F92 A22 GD70 PTS91

Overall for the season

P59 W41 D11 L7 F136 A45 GD91

Goals scored per game - 2.31

Goals conceded per game - 0.77

Win % - 69%

Moved it to my main save and it has been very successful ... just need to figure out if changes are required in the CL where I have struggled ... but I have struggled with in the CL in FM16 full stop :)

I was trialing some tactics over Christmas by testing on FMT and holidaying for a season and this one was the best by a long way.

Won the league

P38 W28 D7 L3 F92 A22 GD70 PTS91

Overall for the season

P59 W41 D11 L7 F136 A45 GD91

Goals scored per game - 2.31

Goals conceded per game - 0.77

Win % - 69%

Moved it to my main save and it has been very successful ... just need to figure out if changes are required in the CL where I have struggled ... but I have struggled with in the CL in FM16 full stop :)

If your not winning games, it is not necessarily the fault of the tactic. Sometimes it is something else. Could be something you never thought about before, so many factors determine if your side is winning. It is hard to pin point it.

So, I do I need to download a new tactic, or change it Fenech? Links to ultimate doom / defence are still the same.

the links are the same. you can keep on as it is... if you want to use the barcelona tactic for euro games, just scroll down and there it is.

Fenech, when should I use which tactic?

Ultimate Doom only topteams, or when I am better than opponent?

Ultimate Defence when I am not topteam, or not better?

Barcelona for all Euro matches?

Ultimate Doom for all Domestic Matches

Ultimate Defence is optional, you dont need to use it at all, if you do use it in all games in the last 5-15mins to see out a game and only if leading by 1 goal

Barcelona for all european matches, or for any games you just feel like rocking up and playing like Barcelona. :thup:

Ultimate Defence is optional, you dont need to use it at all, if you do use it in all games in the last 5-15mins to see out a game and only if leading by 1 goal

Barcelona for all european matches, or for any games you just feel like rocking up and playing like Barcelona. :thup:

Hi Fenech,

Been a lurker and tested few formations from here and fm-base but I still came back to yours. :)

Am interested in how the Barcelona tactic will perform.

Been using Man Utd for all my testings.

Thanks for your hard work.

Hi Fenech,

Been a lurker and tested few formations from here and fm-base but I still came back to yours. :)

Am interested in how the Barcelona tactic will perform.

Been using Man Utd for all my testings.

Thanks for your hard work.

Your welcome. It is Pep Guadiola's Barcelona tactic so I have a feeling it should perform very well. :thup:

Hi mate - what are the differences between your original tactic and the new Barcelona one then ?

The Barcelona one is based on Pep Guardiola's Barcelona. Ultimate Doom is my original tactic. Same Formation, but they are two completely different tactics and with different player roles. Ultimate Doom is a possession tactic with a very attacking intent as described in the opening thread. Barcelona is completely modelled on Pep Guardiola's Barcelona and the way they played, and the team instructions are reflective of that as well.

So I wouldn't compare them, they are different but both are good.... :thup:

The Barcelona one is based on Pep Guardiola's Barcelona. Ultimate Doom is my original tactic. Same Formation, but they are two completely different tactics and with different player roles. Ultimate Doom is a possession tactic with a very attacking intent as described in the opening thread. Barcelona is completely modelled on Pep Guardiola's Barcelona and the way they played, and the team instructions are reflective of that as well.

So I wouldn't compare them, they are different but both are good.... :thup:

Good work !

Will take a look tomorrow evening :)

Probably best to go with the half back then, if you feel that was more Busquets role because you cant put a box to box in the defensive midfield position. :thup:

Initial findings:

Average possession ~50%

Nice 1 touch football

Not much pressing

Tweaks I made:

DM to Half Back

GK PI: Roll it out, Distribute Quickly

TI: Stay On Feet rather than Get Stuck In

I am trying to integrate both your Doom and Barcelona tactics together.

Doom has higher possession but I like what I am seeing now (Barcelona)

I will try to add in pressing play to see if it works.

download the latest version as i have made an update which should see more pressing. :thup:

I've never downloaded a tactic :)

Does it automatically get assigned to the correct FM folder or do you need to do this manually?

no you just drag it from your downloads folder to:

My Documents - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2016 - Tactics and then drop it in the tactics folder.

Load up the game and it will be in your tactics folder, you simply load it up.

no you just drag it from your downloads folder to:

My Documents - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2016 - Tactics and then drop it in the tactics folder.

Load up the game and it will be in your tactics folder, you simply load it up.

Cheers mate

Alright, thanks you!

Archived