Liverpool Possession Tactic with a Very Attacking intent! Ultimate Doom!

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very interesting read, and something I am going to want to try and implement in my save!

Quick question, how do you generally handle Opposition Instructions? Do you use them at all? If so, do you have a set 'package' you apply to each game or do you pick and choose based on factors? Have a member of staff handle?

A very interesting read, and something I am going to want to try and implement in my save!

Quick question, how do you generally handle Opposition Instructions? Do you use them at all? If so, do you have a set 'package' you apply to each game or do you pick and choose based on factors? Have a member of staff handle?

I find the best member of staff, ideally my assistant but if not a member of staff who has highest tactical knowledge and judging player ability and then I go into staff responsibilities first team and choose the assistant or that member of staff to handle the opposition instructions and then I leave it to them. :thup:

I find the best member of staff, ideally my assistant but if not a member of staff who has highest tactical knowledge and judging player ability and then I go into staff responsibilities first team and choose the assistant or that member of staff to handle the opposition instructions and then I leave it to them. :thup:

Do you ever use team talk in game?

Do you ever use team talk in game?

I give team talks before game, at half time and at full time. Also the players are listening to you when you give your press conferences. I never give team talks during the game.

Thank you!

One more :) Match prep. What is your approach to it?

my assistant jesus has 20 for tactical knowledge, 20 judging player ability also has 16 for motivating and man management. im assuming he`ll do. I actually have him doing team talks as well.

Thank you!

One more :) Match prep. What is your approach to it?

1) Make sure your tactics are in place at the start of the game

2) Team Cohesion Very High Intensity

3) Match Training all the way to the left

4) Main Focus: Match Tactics

You leave it like this until the Assistant tells you to reduce it, he will tell you this twice: Each time he tells you move it one notch to the right.

August 1st: Change from Team Cohesion to Balanced and change from Very High to High Intensity

When Tactic is fully trained you change Main Focus from Match Tactics to Teamwork

Scout Reports: Find a Scout with good Judging Ability, Judging Potential and Tactical Knowlege.. Then every report he advises you which area to focus on: e.g. Defensive Positioning or Attacking Set Pieces, I put it on whatever that scout advises when he advises it.

No more changes throughout the season. :thup:

So when you`re in front in a match you don`t change anything? Btw just beat west brom 5:4.

No, If your winning, why would you change anything? If it is not broken then you never try to fix it. Golden Rule!

What about if you`re not winning?

If I am not winning, I don't panic, If it is for example a player has given away a penalty, sub that player straight away, if it is that a player is going to 6.3 or below, sub that player, but if im not winning but the players seem to be doing ok, i just leave it as it is, closely watch the player performances but I would try not to make any subs before half time, one at the most, if possible, if a player gets injured then make a sub, half time, i analyse the situation, give the appropriate team talk and then sub if someone is 6.4 or below, then the same second half, look for any player dropping performance and sub him, also look at body language, if you see all players playing ok but one is looking complacent , get frustrated e.g. sub him but also take into account player fitness, if you see match fitness is 75, e.g. then you don't really want him playing beyond the 75 minute mark because you are going to risk injury, its about using common sense and making a judgement call. remember you only get three subs in a competitive game so make decisions wisely and dont make your final sub till at least the 70th minute. I dont change the tactic at all, why would I? If you are not winning and if you are confident in your tactic, its nothing to do with the tactic, if the tactic is not right, thats another story, find a tactic that is. if the tactic is right, its the players who are responsible that you are not winning and its the player who need to turn it round, so keep the faith and make the changes in personnel wisely and you will come back from 1-0 or more down and win the game. Team talks also plays a large part in turning a game around, but dont panic and start changing the tactic because more often than not you will just get punished even more. Get the tactic right and then dont question it. be strong with your philosophy. If Plan A doesnt work, dont change the plan, change your team talk and change the players. Plan A is the only way and more importantly it is your way! If you change tactics, players might see that as a sign of weakness and start to question your managerial abilities :thup:

Not knocking you. I'm just astounded that a tactic like this works, when it is usually thought that being so aggressive would/should leave the team so exposed as to be dismantled with some ease.

But I'm happy it is giving people success. Enjoyment should be the end all and so on. :)

Hi,

Seeing that there was no real reason why you signed up, I am astounded that you actually signed up! :lol:

Seriously though, there is no real reason why the tactic shouldn't work. Attack is the best form of Defence!

Aggression is controlled then it can be a good thing also. Unless your Paul Scholes and you can't tackle... then you get sent off. :)

I am just happy that it is helping and it is bringing success too. It is successful for me too. And It is one of the most enjoyable tactics to watch.

Even the players comments are, Enjoying the teams style of play so its a tactic which the ingame players like too. :thup:

why you just dont share your new super tactic before anyone gets false credit or another one spam?

Hi Hooma,

This is not a downloadable tactic. :thup:

Please read my previous messages regarding why it is not a downloadable tactic.... :)

Hi Fenech

U did a great work with your tactics.

So im using your tactics at my RBL save. So i was starting at German Division 2. Playing my own tactic which was working for the first part of the season,

but then somehow my team fall off. Started to strugle. So i started experimenting with my tactics, which i think is bad troughout the season

bcus u never know if u do the right choices (and u start loosing points). Still i managed to get the German Division 1 promo.

Then i found your tactic and applied it for the rest of the div 2 season. My team struggled for the first couple of matches, but then when they got used to

the new tactic they started playing like a new team.

I started the new season in the German Bundesliga on your tactic. After the first part of the season im 1st (managing Red Bull Leipzig) with 41 pts.

I bet Leverkusen 2-0 (away), Schalke 04 1-4 on 2 occasions (and both times playing away), still i lost to Bayern 3-1, draw to Dortmund 2-2.

But now after the first part of the season my team somehow struggles on your tactic. I think that the AI is now playing more defensive or counter

aginst me. Can u help me how to counter that?

what has it to do with downloadable or not? explain your tactic and stop with that nonsense of only giving it to these who give your theyre mail.

I have explained the tactic in great detail in the opening thread. This is not the download tactics section, if you want a downloadable tactic then i suggest you look in the downloads section. It isn't hard to copy, if you want a copy, send me your email and I will happily email it to you. :thup:

Hi Fenech

U did a great work with your tactics.

So im using your tactics at my RBL save. So i was starting at German Division 2. Playing my own tactic which was working for the first part of the season,

but then somehow my team fall off. Started to strugle. So i started experimenting with my tactics, which i think is bad troughout the season

bcus u never know if u do the right choices (and u start loosing points). Still i managed to get the German Division 1 promo.

Then i found your tactic and applied it for the rest of the div 2 season. My team struggled for the first couple of matches, but then when they got used to

the new tactic they started playing like a new team.

I started the new season in the German Bundesliga on your tactic. After the first part of the season im 1st (managing Red Bull Leipzig) with 41 pts.

I bet Leverkusen 2-0 (away), Schalke 04 1-4 on 2 occasions (and both times playing away), still i lost to Bayern 3-1, draw to Dortmund 2-2.

But now after the first part of the season my team somehow struggles on your tactic. I think that the AI is now playing more defensive or counter

aginst me. Can u help me how to counter that?

I have noticed that to get you through a whole season sometimes one tactic is not enough, you need to have an alternative tactic trained just to freshen things up a little. Sometimes if I find that after a long time the tactic stops working, I use a different tactic and that has an immediate positive effect. Never throw all your eggs into one basket, always have a back up in place just to throw the AI off course..... I always like to have three tactics and then alternate them throughout the season, I never rely on one. If I find one tactic is e.g. losing too many games, ill change it and then give one of my other tactics a chance to shine instead. that way your always keeping the AI on its toes! :lol:

my assistant jesus has 20 for tactical knowledge, 20 judging player ability also has 16 for motivating and man management. im assuming he`ll do. I actually have him doing team talks as well.

What is he like for motivating, I would always do the team talks yourself because the players need their motivation from you. If you need any advise with team talks let me know. :thup:

Not knocking you. I'm just astounded that a tactic like this works, when it is usually thought that being so aggressive would/should leave the team so exposed as to be dismantled with some ease.

But I'm happy it is giving people success. Enjoyment should be the end all and so on. :)

Pace in defence is something I had to address at an early stage. All my defenders now have at least 15 so that has solved a few issues I had. A great defender with no pace would result in a few goals sadly.

Aggression is the key word here - I watch each game in full and the number of times the ball is won back from the oppo is crazy.

Pace in defence is something I had to address at an early stage. All my defenders now have at least 15 so that has solved a few issues I had. A great defender with no pace would result in a few goals sadly.

Aggression is the key word here - I watch each game in full and the number of times the ball is won back from the oppo is crazy.

That is something I like, i tell the players if you lose possession, get it back, don't delay, we can't win the game without the ball! It is not dirty football, it is not Leeds United and Don Revie who won the title by hacking people down, this is winning the ball back fairly and squarely with controlled aggression. Barcelona were very good at doing this e.g. :thup:

Hi there, picked this up second season with Liverpool, was looking for something a bit more possession friendly from the heavy metal approach i've been using. Here are the statistics from the first game away at Basel in Champions League:

Cxdvxv8.jpg[/img]

The tactic obviously isn't yet fully learned and their goal came from a corner which can be excused! First impressions are very good. The only issue I have is the instruction of work ball into the box and the fact my players seem to be ignoring this, I'm not sure whether this tactic might just be exploiting the echoes of the too many goals from crosses that is heard frequently on this forum, indeed all three of my goals came from crosses adding weight to this. However, i shall enjoy it whilst it lasts, whatever length of time that is!

Hi there, picked this up second season with Liverpool, was looking for something a bit more possession friendly from the heavy metal approach i've been using. Here are the statistics from the first game away at Basel in Champions League:

Cxdvxv8.jpg[/img]

The tactic obviously isn't yet fully learned and their goal came from a corner which can be excused! First impressions are very good. The only issue I have is the instruction of work ball into the box and the fact my players seem to be ignoring this, I'm not sure whether this tactic might just be exploiting the echoes of the too many goals from crosses that is heard frequently on this forum, indeed all three of my goals came from crosses adding weight to this. However, i shall enjoy it whilst it lasts, whatever length of time that is!

Hi Janesy20,

Great away win!

I don't think so, as you enjoy the tactic more, you will hopefully see a wide variety of different goals.. 6 clear cut chances, 77% pass completion, this will all rise as the tactic gets trained and the players played very well. Keep it up and I hope you do enjoy it for as long as possible. :thup:

I thought you needed to select an attacking mentality to play attacking football and didn't realise you could select Control Mentality to do this.

This is really helpful for me thanks Fenech, I've been trying to create an attacking 433 for Milan (Berlusconi asks for attacking football) so will give your tactics a shot as have got the players in the squad to do this (Montolivo as Regista and Romagnoli as BPD and Bacca as F9).

Thanks v much.

I have seen (at the end of the match) my entire team in the oppo's half plus all of them too in their own half when checking the average position prozone stats ..... Certain games it's just total domination

Hence the title I guess :brock:

I thought you needed to select an attacking mentality to play attacking football and didn't realise you could select Control Mentality to do this.

This is really helpful for me thanks Fenech, I've been trying to create an attacking 433 for Milan (Berlusconi asks for attacking football) so will give your tactics a shot as have got the players in the squad to do this (Montolivo as Regista and Romagnoli as BPD and Bacca as F9).

Thanks v much.

Your welcome.

Control is very similar to Attacking, there really isn't a lot of difference. Good Luck with Milan! :thup:

You certainly have the players to make it work.

I have seen (at the end of the match) my entire team in the oppo's half plus all of them too in their own half when checking the average position prozone stats ..... Certain games it's just total domination

Hence the title I guess :brock:

Yes exactly! In this system, Ibe ended up a few years later, I thought I was watching Maradona! :lol:

Do you advise using it home and away even against bigger/better reputation teams? any tweaks you'd make? Just lost 2-0 to Bayern at home is all...I know it's still not fully fluent and I can accept losing to Bayern - just wondered.

I advise using it home and away. Bayern is a super team and that is an understandable scoreline, hardly a landslide for them. I don't use any tweaks. :thup:

If I am not winning, I don't panic, If it is for example a player has given away a penalty, sub that player straight away, if it is that a player is going to 6.3 or below, sub that player, but if im not winning but the players seem to be doing ok, i just leave it as it is, closely watch the player performances but I would try not to make any subs before half time, one at the most, if possible, if a player gets injured then make a sub, half time, i analyse the situation, give the appropriate team talk and then sub if someone is 6.4 or below, then the same second half, look for any player dropping performance and sub him, also look at body language, if you see all players playing ok but one is looking complacent , get frustrated e.g. sub him but also take into account player fitness, if you see match fitness is 75, e.g. then you don't really want him playing beyond the 75 minute mark because you are going to risk injury, its about using common sense and making a judgement call. remember you only get three subs in a competitive game so make decisions wisely and dont make your final sub till at least the 70th minute. I dont change the tactic at all, why would I? If you are not winning and if you are confident in your tactic, its nothing to do with the tactic, if the tactic is not right, thats another story, find a tactic that is. if the tactic is right, its the players who are responsible that you are not winning and its the player who need to turn it round, so keep the faith and make the changes in personnel wisely and you will come back from 1-0 or more down and win the game. Team talks also plays a large part in turning a game around, but dont panic and start changing the tactic because more often than not you will just get punished even more. Get the tactic right and then dont question it. be strong with your philosophy. If Plan A doesnt work, dont change the plan, change your team talk and change the players. Plan A is the only way and more importantly it is your way! If you change tactics, players might see that as a sign of weakness and start to question your managerial abilities :thup:

I have 10 players under 75% fitness on 75min mark in fact 7 are under 70%. Does that mean basically my players have zero stamina?

I have 10 players under 75% fitness on 75min mark in fact 7 are under 70%. Does that mean basically my players have zero stamina?

Your not looking at fitness, what is the match fitness (the second figure).... So not the first one.. :thup:

Theres Physical condition and match sharpness. im going by physical condition.

Go by match sharpness :thup: Physical condition should always be 90% or above or they don't start for me... match sharpness is the minute thing, so if you notice when you start your first pre season game , the match sharpness should be around the 60% mark, that means you want to be subbing them around 60mins or risk injury.

Archived