Liverpool Possession Tactic with a Very Attacking intent! Ultimate Doom!

I'm surprised that this tactic is not getting a lot more attention. I have been using the tactic from the opening post for the past few weeks to great success both as Liverpool and I'm LLM with teams in Wales and Iceland. It plays some great football and is an attractive formation.

Fenech, have you developed this any further?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised that this tactic is not getting a lot more attention. I have been using the tactic from the opening post for the past few weeks to great success both as Liverpool and I'm LLM with teams in Wales and Iceland. It plays some great football and is an attractive formation.

Fenech, have you developed this any further?

No, I am very happy with the way it performs, The players say they like the teams style of play, this is a rock solid tactic which doesn't let me down. So I have come to count on this tactic as a really good one and I am pleased it is working for you too, yes this tactic works not just with the big teams... :thup:

Have tried this on FMT and it looks really good :thup:

Added some PIs to the GK (roll it out, pass to CBs, etc) as he seemed to hoof it up the pitch more often than not - my IFs and F9 aren't amazing in the air :)

Will trial some more on FMT before using on my current save - need a new tactic so this could be the one!!

Have tried this on FMT and it looks really good :thup:

Added some PIs to the GK (roll it out, pass to CBs, etc) as he seemed to hoof it up the pitch more often than not - my IFs and F9 aren't amazing in the air :)

Will trial some more on FMT before using on my current save - need a new tactic so this could be the one!!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, Yes the PI does make sense, the only thing I also do is sometimes drop the tempo to lower tempo because so that just helps more with keeping possession. :thup:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, Yes the PI does make sense, the only thing I also do is sometimes drop the tempo to lower tempo because so that just helps more with keeping possession. :thup:

Yep did that too after the first few games having seen exactly what you posted previously :)

Right, well when I opened this post, I showed you how the tactic started out, and one of the requests on here was to show how the tactic finishes a season, and to be honest I just left it as it was because I think that if a tactic can start a season so well, it can finish a season too! However when I went on to twitter this morning, because I am currently making the Ultimate Legends game for FM16, I seen a challenge by FM Scout, to take over Stoke and get them to a champions league finish. When I took over Stoke were 2nd in the table, 12 points behind Chelsea and 3 or 4 points in front of the closest challengers. I decided to use that save, to show you how this tactic would do under pressure.......

Here is the challenge: http://www.fmscout.com/q-15542-FMScouts-Twitch-Challenge--Sensational-Stoke.html

Now I am only using this as an example of how this tactic finishes the season rather than to win the challenge, which isn't my aim. Even still, I will do my best to try to do the challenge as well. :)

Bear in mind that when i take over, its the middle of February, I have to train the tactic from scratch, so it wont be fully trained until the end of the season, so thats what i mean by the tactic being under pressure. Its not like we had the tactic from the start of the season and it was fully trained by the second half of the season or earlier, as would normally be the case.

Here we are when we start out in 2nd Place, having already lost 8 games.

1_zps8z4zdiog.png

Here we can see that the Ultimate Doom Tactic is the tactic we are going to use.

2_zps01heoizx.png

In this game you can see we got the magic 60% possession and we won the game convincingly 3-0! Great Start for us.

3_zpsytupkarg.png

In this game, we got a late goal to draw, but you can see from the stats it was no more than we deserved. We deserved to win to be fair.

4_zpsgyqecv6g.png

In this game, we went 2-0 up, we dominated possession, no one gave us a chance, but they got back into it, fair play to them, not a bad result.

5_zpss4s80abm.png

In this game, we knock man united out of the FA Cup, a great victory for the team and for the tactic, a convincing win!

6_zpsebbiupbv.png

This is an example of how the team are feeling, they are getting used to the tactic, and you can see confidence in the players.

7_zpsl9tvjrzd.png

Here you can see a good away victory, we dominated possession away from home and got the 3 points!

8_zpsj7ervfpt.png

Ok, I am a little disappointed we didn't win, they were lucky to get a draw, simple as that, you can see we maintain 2nd place.

9_zpsokcsn18z.png

This is an impressive victory against Southampton. We played very well and the tactic looks very good.

11_zpsoidlpq6d.png

10_zps05w9flci.png

Here you can see we are on an unbeaten run, i can remember going 20 odd games unbeaten with this tactic when i was Liverpool.....

12_zpsvxxcwjz4.png

Another great win, against West Ham, they actually had the possession, but we won the game without reply... maintained 2nd Place.

13_zpsvczoi82t.png

Here you can see the press are saying that the tactic has an attacking intent, so just further proof that this is a possession tactic which is attacking in intent! It's actually more attacking as it doesnt always get the possession, but hey as Brian Clough always said, if you cant put the ball in the back of the net, your not going to win many football matches!

14_zpssgbhetqo.png

Ok, this is one of those games when both defences went to sleep and football was the winner! Always nice to come out on top in these kinds of games.. :)

15_zpsyf4prgta.png

First Defeat, but they got a late goal, looking at the stats, it was an even game, we were away and they scored a late winner. could of gone either way.

16_zpsiageddc0.png

17_zpsnfhjecq0.png

FA Cup Semi Final, Played Spurs again, you can see we had way more shots and on target, they managed to draw, no goals in extra time and they won me on penalties...

18_zpsvjo7zucc.png

You just need to look at the stats to see that Everton have been ridiculously lucky here!

19_zpsv5pox6ey.png

Here you can see an ex stoke favourite saying the team is playing exciting football. Brilliant style of play and this is in no small part down to the tactic..

20_zps8l4s1mei.png

Nice away win against the Wolves, you can see we had 63% possession and got a rare clean sheet, 2nd place with 2 games to go!

21_zpsbr34vdgy.png

Nothing wrong with the way this tactic is finishing a season, not bad considering the the tactic began in February with most of the season gone.

22_zps58riwoke.png

Here is confirmation that we have qualified for the champions league with 2 games to go, so in effect we have passed the main part of the challenge.

23_zpsph5bu6bk.png

We should of won this game, we went 2-0 up, they started playing well, and came back to win 3-2, overall the tactic was successful, the players collapsed second half. We drop to 3rd Place, but overall, we should of won it.... still you can't say this is an easy game...

24_zpsqvo1c8eh.png

We played very well, Chelsea had already won the title by a landslide so, no pressure at all and they fielded their best team, we still had points to play for, they won the game, but it was close, we had more possession and the stats look even enough, just wasnt to be at their house! We end up in fourth, but you have to look at the bigger picture, apart from the last two games, we were very unlucky not to get 2nd, the tactic has been brilliant, Stoke have qualified for the champions league!!!! :lol:

25_zpstgpiv4ag.png

26_zpsbzrzxkg6.png

Here is a look at the final table, ok we didnt get 2nd, but we still got the champions league and with a bit more luck, that our play deserved we would have got 2nd, just imagine that we had taken this team from the start of the season, this team could of become champions or at least run chelsea alot close, we only lost 3 league games and martial got 24 goals only one off 25, i think you can see that the tactic (Ultimate Doom) finishes the season very well, tough run at the end against a jubilant chelsea but again this wasnt about the challenge, which we passed in effect, this was all about if this tactic can finish a season.... YES IT CAN!

27_zps3wiflw0l.png

28_zpsglwh2lyw.png

I`ll try it at start of new season. hopefully it`ll be fluid before start of season. usually have about 10 pre-season friendlies with mostly easy teams just a couple of big teams.

Friendlies are about fitness and confidence building so you want nice easy teams, and maybe one or two similar teams towards the end of the pre season. :thup:

Tried this out with West Ham in FMT and it's great going forward but seems to concede plenty at the back. Only three games but they have ended 3-2, 3-3 and 3-2. Changing the Regista to a more defensive minded midfielder doesn't seem to help. Plus no goals for the striker which is a shame. Anyone else find this? If I can find a way to make it better defensively without affecting the attack it would be fantastic as it plays some great stuff.

Tried this out with West Ham in FMT and it's great going forward but seems to concede plenty at the back. Only three games but they have ended 3-2, 3-3 and 3-2. Changing the Regista to a more defensive minded midfielder doesn't seem to help. Plus no goals for the striker which is a shame. Anyone else find this? If I can find a way to make it better defensively without affecting the attack it would be fantastic as it plays some great stuff.

I agree with you that this isn't a tactic for keeping clean sheets. It will keep a few but not too many, however it is a tactic which will score and be very attacking, also I think it depends on the striker, I just did the FM Scout challenge and I had Martial in the CF position and he scored most of my goals, which was surprising considering my initial intention was that the False Nine would drop deep and bring defenders out of position, so that my inside forwards and attacking mid fielders could exploit the spaces the opposition defenders leave behind. The regista is perfect in that position because he suits possession systems which have a high defensive line which this does...

I suppose it really does depend on the players, if you win the games and concede, it don't matter so much, more entertainment for the fans! but I have gone on long unbeaten runs with this tactic, so once it gets going and the players get used to it, they should start to concede less as the season progresses. If you do find a way to make it tighter at the back without losing its attacking potent, then let me know... :thup:

First game in community shield against chelsea lost 2:1 50-50% did have a man sent off too. they had 13 shots 4 on target i had 11 and 4 on target.

Hi Wizard Boy,

That's a bit unlucky with the man sent off, sounds like a pretty even game.

Played 3 games so far. Bournemouth who i beat 4:1 sheff utd i lost 2:1 and man city beat me 1:0 not sure how. i had 60% poss and 11 shots 7 on target.

Hi Wizard Boy,

Thanks for keeping us updated. So you thrashed bournemouth, thats good! Sounds like you were very unlucky against man city... keep going, and let us know how you progress. :thup:

Hi Wizard Boy,

Thanks for keeping us updated. So you thrashed bournemouth, thats good! Sounds like you were very unlucky against man city... keep going, and let us know how you progress. :thup:

It said that i was unlucky even said same with sheff utd. tactic isn`t fluid yet although its close.

It said that i was unlucky even said same with sheff utd. tactic isn`t fluid yet although its close.

Don't worry, you can only be unlucky for so long, your luck should even out over the course of the season and that's pretty impressive stats against a very good man city team.

Don't worry, you can only be unlucky for so long, your luck should even out over the course of the season and that's pretty impressive stats against a very good man city team.

Against the big teams it can always go either way. If i can beat the rest and regularly finish in top 4 I'd be happy. Obviously i want to win everything but you expect to do that no matter what tactic you use. If/when it happens I'll be a very man.

Against the big teams it can always go either way. If i can beat the rest and regularly finish in top 4 I'd be happy. Obviously i want to win everything but you expect to do that no matter what tactic you use. If/when it happens I'll be a very man.

Yes I agree, I wouldn't want a tactic that wins every game anyway, it wouldn't be any challenge, you could always get seasons where you win at least one trophy, double, treble, but what you want is to beat the rest of the teams and try to take some points off the bigger teams as well. As you said you can't win them all, and rightly so! :thup:

Fenech have you uploaded this tactic anywhere? id like to give it a look. Great idea seems we like similar football lol.

No, I explain the tactic in great detail in the opening thread, the only difference now is that I put the tempo on lower, but i still like normal tempo too, i have shown it working well with both low or normal tempo and you can also give the goalkeeper some roll out instructions if you wish. The main aim of this thread is to share this attractive possession and attacking tactic with you all and hopefully we can learn from each other. This is not a downloadable tactic, otherwise I would have just placed it in the download section, I wanted to fully explain the tactic in detail and show support/evidence of it working, which I have done and to make it easy for anyone to just copy the tactic from the detail in the opening thread. However if you pm me your email address, I will happily email it to you. :thup: It's good to know we like similar football. :)

Yes I agree, I wouldn't want a tactic that wins every game anyway, it wouldn't be any challenge, you could always get seasons where you win at least one trophy, double, treble, but what you want is to beat the rest of the teams and try to take some points off the bigger teams as well. As you said you can't win them all, and rightly so! :thup:

I did win fa cup and league cup last season. Finished 6th but was level on 68 points with arsenal in 4th and spurs in 5th just 1 goal difference. Now that was close.

Ok update. had toughest 3 prem games against man city (lost 1:0) arsenal ( lost 2:0 ) and chelsea ( 0:0 ) then played man utd and won ( 3:0 ) in league cup. just beat west ham 3:1. On the plus side seem to be getting all the big teams out of the way first.

Ok update. had toughest 3 prem games against man city (lost 1:0) arsenal ( lost 2:0 ) and chelsea ( 0:0 ) then played man utd and won ( 3:0 ) in league cup. just beat west ham 3:1. On the plus side seem to be getting all the big teams out of the way first.

Sound like a tough start to the season for you. Keep going! :thup:

27824322-c7a3-40b6-969d-6d1bf430b01f_zps98brtbzo.png

So far played 10 won 3 drawn 1 lost 6. im in 15th. just lost against hull. don`t know why its not working for me. but im in danager of getting sacked if i don`t start winning soon. as you can see its not like the player ratings are bad.

Henderson for me is a central midfielder... For every change made there is a positive and negative, this is a very attacking formation, so you will score goals, but you will concede goals too. I am not sure why it isn't working at the moment but its still early days. Keep me posted. Here are a few suggestions you could try if this isnt working for you.

Width: Change from Wide to Fairly Wide or Balanced - this could lead to the shape being more compact and keep possession better and in turn help you to keep more clean sheets, but it won't stretch the opposition so much which I think is important in a true attacking sense.

Tempo: I started on Normal because I wanted the players to decide when to speed it up and when to slow it down, as they are out there on the field, so you might want to change it back to Normal, although I do think that lower tempo is more suited to shorter passing which again helps with keeping possession.

Sorry this isn't working for you so far, but have a little experiment if you wish and let me know if the fortunes begin to change for you...

Other options you could tinker with:

Be More Expressive I do like more creative players to be able to express themselves and liverpool is a creative team in my eyes.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season! I look forward to more positive progress resports :thup:

Henderson for me is a central midfielder... For every change made there is a positive and negative, this is a very attacking formation, so you will score goals, but you will concede goals too. I am not sure why it isn't working at the moment but its still early days. Keep me posted. Here are a few suggestions you could try if this isnt working for you.

Width: Change from Wide to Fairly Wide or Balanced - this could lead to the shape being more compact and keep possession better and in turn help you to keep more clean sheets, but it won't stretch the opposition so much which I think is important in a true attacking sense.

Tempo: I started on Normal because I wanted the players to decide when to speed it up and when to slow it down, as they are out there on the field, so you might want to change it back to Normal, although I do think that lower tempo is more suited to shorter passing which again helps with keeping possession.

Sorry this isn't working for you so far, but have a little experiment if you wish and let me know if the fortunes begin to change for you...

Other options you could tinker with:

Be More Expressive I do like more creative players to be able to express themselves and liverpool is a creative team in my eyes.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season! I look forward to more positive progress resports :thup:

Thanks for advice. ive gone back to my original tactic which players seem to like but i`ll try them ideas you`ve stated. i did lower tempo against better teams. A lot of the time it was poor decision making of my players that let me down. My IF on the left would cut into the box and instead of passing it to the players near penalty area he would pass it back up to wingback. club in takeover talks as well. hopefully i`ll keep my job and a nice transfer fund would be nice too.

Hi Fenech,

I found your concept and thought process interesting so i've jumped on your base and adjusted TI's based on the quality of my team.

I've kept the Positions and Roles the same, 80% of your TI's are also the same, but the main things changed were instructions regarding defence and turned off 'run at defence' due to my players lacking in the key attributes.

Additionally, i've been far more thorough which each opponent making minor TI adjustments accordingly.

5f37048100bf6c70c2b509655eb0bd76.png

As you can see, we're finding the net regularly. We conceded 5 of our 12 conceded in the first 2 games when i was still tweaking and the squad weren't used the the tactic.

edb0c2fbe2ce68c2ef99465de5e4dc58.png

My 2 league defeats. 2-0 to St Mirren before 10min due to crosses which i've since attempted to rectify. Dumbarton was just one of those games. 28shots and i cant score (also hitting the post 4 times), but i'll happily put an OG in for them when they didnt have a shot.

key games

3f06a81ae6395abffb6e2adff49d1698.png

I adjusted this to play on the counter. A stalemate until the second half and it became easier once we scored as space was opening up while they were chasing a goal, plus the extra man..

eed53f95a0660fe2a92b538f2096f329.png

Playing my standard setup for home games we look good and create constant meaningful opportunities, even if they dont necessarily end up in a goal, or even a shot on target.

So, well done on the work you've put in, it's brought a new perspective to tactics and match preparation.

Hi Fenech,

I found your concept and thought process interesting so i've jumped on your base and adjusted TI's based on the quality of my team.

I've kept the Positions and Roles the same, 80% of your TI's are also the same, but the main things changed were instructions regarding defence and turned off 'run at defence' due to my players lacking in the key attributes.

Additionally, i've been far more thorough which each opponent making minor TI adjustments accordingly.

5f37048100bf6c70c2b509655eb0bd76.png

As you can see, we're finding the net regularly. We conceded 5 of our 12 conceded in the first 2 games when i was still tweaking and the squad weren't used the the tactic.

edb0c2fbe2ce68c2ef99465de5e4dc58.png

My 2 league defeats. 2-0 to St Mirren before 10min due to crosses which i've since attempted to rectify. Dumbarton was just one of those games. 28shots and i cant score (also hitting the post 4 times), but i'll happily put an OG in for them when they didnt have a shot.

key games

3f06a81ae6395abffb6e2adff49d1698.png

I adjusted this to play on the counter. A stalemate until the second half and it became easier once we scored as space was opening up while they were chasing a goal, plus the extra man..

eed53f95a0660fe2a92b538f2096f329.png

Playing my standard setup for home games we look good and create constant meaningful opportunities, even if they dont necessarily end up in a goal, or even a shot on target.

So, well done on the work you've put in, it's brought a new perspective to tactics and match preparation.

Thanks Vara, I am pleased that i can help but well done to you too for making some changes to make it work for you, it's like Cleon says, you can't just copy a tactic and expect the exact same results because you dont have the same team with the same abilities and your not going to manage in exactly the same way either. you have taken this concept on board and ran with it and that is exactly what your supposed to do. :thup:

I have been developing a new possession tactic which I am going to call Ultimate Doom V2, which I will be posting about here. I am going to leave this tactic as it is, because I am happy with the way it plays and I don't want to change that, if you try to change too much, you can ruin the essence of the tactic and its originality. This is a tactic which can have possession but it has a very attacking intent. the upside to this is that it will look good and score bags of goals while sometimes getting a high possession, the downside is that you won't keep too many clean sheets, but with good management and team talks and good tactical in game play, you can win trophies with it.

The new tactic I am developing will be much more focussed on possession whilst also maintaining its high scoring rate, but it will be hopefully tighter at the back! :thup:

I will explain the tactic in great detail, it will not be downloadable however if you private message me i will email it to you and please dont ask for the downloadable link because if i wanted to make downloadable tactics then I would just put the post in the download section and if i was looking for a downloadable tactic, i wouldn't be looking in this section! :)

I have been developing a new possession tactic which I am going to call Ultimate Doom V2, which I will be posting about here. I am going to leave this tactic as it is, because I am happy with the way it plays and I don't want to change that, if you try to change too much, you can ruin the essence of the tactic and its originality. This is a tactic which can have possession but it has a very attacking intent. the upside to this is that it will look good and score bags of goals while sometimes getting a high possession, the downside is that you won't keep too many clean sheets, but with good management and team talks and good tactical in game play, you can win trophies with it.

The new tactic I am developing will be much more focussed on possession whilst also maintaining its high scoring rate, but it will be hopefully tighter at the back! :thup:

I will explain the tactic in great detail, it will not be downloadable however if you private message me i will email it to you and please dont ask for the downloadable link because if i wanted to make downloadable tactics then I would just put the post in the download section and if i was looking for a downloadable tactic, i wouldn't be looking in this section! :)

Looking forward to it mate :thup:

rather than the results, im more interested to see the passing, shooting, and chances mapping of your team in every match inside the Team Analysis Tab

U've included the word "possession" in the title but i cant see exactly your passing count and passing completion rate, almost nothing to be analyzed

rather than the results, im more interested to see the passing, shooting, and chances mapping of your team in every match inside the Team Analysis Tab

U've included the word "possession" in the title but i cant see exactly your passing count and passing completion rate, almost nothing to be analyzed

Hi Rninejr,

Thank you for your question, I will include this information when I present the tactic in more detail. I am happy with the first tactic so I am leaving that as it is. The screenshots I provided did show the amount of Possession I had in each game, so that would give you some indication of the possession. The new tactic will be much more possession based whereas the Ultimate Doom V1, was much more focussed on the attacking side. So when I present the new tactic, I will of course include the information you have requested. :thup:

Hi Rninejr,

Thank you for your question, I will include this information when I present the tactic in more detail. I am happy with the first tactic so I am leaving that as it is. The screenshots I provided did show the amount of Possession I had in each game, so that would give you some indication of the possession. The new tactic will be much more possession based whereas the Ultimate Doom V1, was much more focussed on the attacking side. So when I present the new tactic, I will of course include the information you have requested. :thup:

When you start to bulid a new tactic. How do you go about it? Do you watch matches in full? Do you replay matches? For fm13 I created a tactic that won me 16 prem title as well as 6 CL, 5 Europa, 9 league cups and 8 fa cups. It was 532 with a sweeper. That was over 70 years with a created team which started in blue square. Unfortunately it only worked on FM 13. Tried to recreate it with newer versions but it doesn't work. Whether it would of worked for others on fm 13 I'm not so sure. Not been able to create another tactic that successful since. i didn`t use that tactic for all that 70 years. not sure how many years i used it obviously at times you have to change but i did keep going back to it.

When you start to bulid a new tactic. How do you go about it? Do you watch matches in full? Do you replay matches? For fm13 I created a tactic that won me 16 prem title as well as 6 CL, 5 Europa, 9 league cups and 8 fa cups. It was 532 with a sweeper. That was over 70 years with a created team which started in blue square. Unfortunately it only worked on FM 13. Tried to recreate it with newer versions but it doesn't work. Whether it would of worked for others on fm 13 I'm not so sure. Not been able to create another tactic that successful since.

I have a tactic i am developing which is 5-3-2, i have not tested it yet, but it is based on the West Germany tactic of the 1990's however I am exchanging the sweeper for a defensive midfielder position, the 5-3-2 has gone out of fashion a bit, i am revamping it into the modern day and hoping to bring it back in my Classic Tactics Series, you might have noticed I have already posted the tactic on here which won England the World Cup in 1966. I will go into much more detail with Ultimate Doom V2, Creating Tactics are simple, football is simple, people make it complicated. I am from the Brian Clough School of Tactics. You have a ball, you have a net, the aim of the game is to put the ball in the back of the net! It really doesn't have to be rocket science, you have to score and then not concede. As you know, Brian Clough won back to back European Cups with Nottingham Forest. :lol:

Don't be surprised if something which worked in one football manager, does not work in the next, football manager is constantly developing and getting better, the match engine has never been so good as it is now. The tactics have never been better either, I will show you exactly how I make a tactic, but that does not mean I am right or wrong, we all do things differently. Cleon is spot on when he talks about not copying what he does, why would you? Your team is different, your tactics will be different too, So I am not saying hey copy me, far from it, I am saying, I will give an insight into what I do and if you pick up anything from it then that is a job well done, in turn, I am learning too from your comments and advise which I greatly appreciate. :thup:

I've found it great so far - no issues defence wise .... Or at least not based on the tactic anyway ;)

Played 12

Goals for 30

Goals against 6 (conceded 4 in one game after having a sending offearly in the match)

Clean sheets 9

Quick question - if you are down to 10 men then which role would you sacrifice ?

Was tempted to loses both IFs and add an extra RPM into CM

So a 4-1-3-1 with the WBs solely providing width ...... Not the easiest thing to test :D

I've found it great so far - no issues defence wise .... Or at least not based on the tactic anyway ;)

Played 12

Goals for 30

Goals against 6 (conceded 4 in one game after having a sending offearly in the match)

Clean sheets 9

Quick question - if you are down to 10 men then which role would you sacrifice ?

Was tempted to loses both IFs and add an extra RPM into CM

So a 4-1-3-1 with the WBs solely providing width ...... Not the easiest thing to test :D

Hi Fritz13,

Thanks. I am pleased that it is working well for you.

I would consider sacrificing the False Nine because your Inside Forwards and Central Midfielders will still Attack. You want to retain as much shape as possible. Do not sacrifice the DM whatever you do. Play around with it, and find out what works best, I had a man sent off recently and I sacrificed the False Nine, they scored but then we equalised again with 10 men so it ended up a draw... :thup:

Hi Fritz13,

Thanks. I am pleased that it is working well for you.

I would consider sacrificing the False Nine because your Inside Forwards and Central Midfielders will still Attack. You want to retain as much shape as possible. Do not sacrifice the DM whatever you do. Play around with it, and find out what works best, I had a man sent off recently and I sacrificed the False Nine, they scored but then we equalised again with 10 men so it ended up a draw... :thup:

Cheers mate - will try that next time.

Well I made one change to the tactic which was to swap the GK D to a SK S. The idea being they sweep up the balls over the top that were catching me out. Beat Everton 6-0 in the last ever game at the Boleyn then defeated Man City in the FA Cup Final 3-1. Ok City had their chances but there weren't as many balls just flying over the top of my defence for Aguero to run on to.

Well I made one change to the tactic which was to swap the GK D to a SK S. The idea being they sweep up the balls over the top that were catching me out. Beat Everton 6-0 in the last ever game at the Boleyn then defeated Man City in the FA Cup Final 3-1. Ok City had their chances but there weren't as many balls just flying over the top of my defence for Aguero to run on to.

Excellent change and great results as a result. :thup: The idea clearly worked a treat!

Archived