Sports Interactive Community
Domoboy23

Longitude and Lattitude

Hi guys,

For the fourth year in a row I'm making a custom DB based around French Polynesia (hopefully to be released to all this year and not just for personal use). In the past I've never bothered with longitude and lattitude co-ordinates when making the relevant new cities. I understand for leagues such as the conference in England it's important for the weighting of the north/south divisions. Apart from that, do the co-ordinates effect anything else? Am I missing out on anything by not entering these?

Thanks

i made all new cities for my project so i can avoid overlap of that fictional regional squares

Actually I think that regional boundaries, when you set groups, are defined by the lat. and long. of the stadium, not the club´s city....

Actually I think that regional boundaries, when you set groups, are defined by the lat. and long. of the stadium, not the club´s city....

Well, you're both right and wrong in the sense that you define regional boundaries as cities in the editor, but the game assigns promoted/relegated teams to divisions based on the location of their stadium (among a number of other factors!). So both are important. :)

That would be realistic and the logical assumption, but do you have any empirical data to back up this claim?