Seria A Failed

Playing Seria A is impossibly.. Every match my player got red card. I tried all to do in instruction but every match may full back or DMC got red card.

My questin is do you think this is normal stats:

1. AC MILAN 15 RED CARDS

2. AC MILAN 107 YELLOW CARDS.

One issue I have is that when playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, I always want to have 1 CM on the defend duty, yet this promotes the 'close down more' instruction. I either have my 2 CMs on support duties or I have to accept that my CM(d) will get a card every game. It drives me crazy that I can't keep a CM deeper without having him hack everyone down!

One issue I have is that when playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, I always want to have 1 CM on the defend duty, yet this promotes the 'close down more' instruction. I either have my 2 CMs on support duties or I have to accept that my CM(d) will get a card every game. It drives me crazy that I can't keep a CM deeper without having him hack everyone down!

You can just set him to close down less you know....

One thing to be aware of is in opp instructions do you have players with the tackle hard option on?

Or could it just be the case of the certain player is not fast enough, poor decisions, concentration, high aggression. etc what's his personality like?? Is it De Jong

It's hard to say without you telling us who the player is and give us more details so we can help.

Well I've got 12 yellow cards( 1 yellow/red card) in 9 games with Inter.

No problem on my side.

In my game Chievo and Genoa with each 35 yellow cards are top of this ranking.

What I don't get: bookings are something which a manager clearly can influence.

Why haven't you started to adapt your tactic after say the fifth red card?

You can just set him to close down less you know....

You misunderstand me. The CM(d) has a preset of closing down more. It cannot be changed because it's fixed! Add this to a player who dives into challenges and you're pretty much gunna get 20+ yellows a season!

You misunderstand me. The CM(d) has a preset of closing down more. It cannot be changed because it's fixed! Add this to a player who dives into challenges and you're pretty much gunna get 20+ yellows a season!

use generic cm role and tick stay back. you'll get what you want without excessive closing down.

You can tell him to close down more.. try it...

The whole point of a CM(d) is that he closes down the opposition more.. that's the definition of a cm(d) tbh

You can tell him to close down more.. try it...

The whole point of a CM(d) is that he closes down the opposition more.. that's the definition of a cm(d) tbh

So if you want a static player in the CM strata whose main task is just to sit deep and break down counters, which role would you give him?

OP: are you using a ball-winning midfielder? That would explain the amount of cards.

So if you want a static player in the CM strata whose main task is just to sit deep and break down counters, which role would you give him?

OP: are you using a ball-winning midfielder? That would explain the amount of cards.

I'd use a CM Defend, but it all depends on overall team shape and mentality etc... if the team formation etc demand it, i'd use a CM(s) with careful balance of PI's if needed.

It's not a universal answer as it all depends on the player in question, the team he's playing against, the opposition etc.

I have had very few red cards in one and quarter seasons with Juventus, just 2 infact and they were both 2 yellows. Obviously it depends on your style of tactic, the type of players you use, their roles and their standard, but i tend to ask my player to "ease of tackles" through the player instruction screen when ever they get booked. seems to work for me

- i play a high pressing/tempo tactic for about 85 mins before slowing things down, including "ease of tackles" just incase my players get too tired and miss time a tackle

hope this helps a bit

Well, in my line of thinking there are three causes of bookings:

1) Poor or mistimed, but precipitated tackles. These can be avoided by using better tacklers, easing tackling instructions and possibly adapting to the playing surface.

2) "Mental" bookings. For misbehaving, arguing, time-wasting or doing something completely stupid. These can be avoided through tough discipline and good morale.

3) Professional fouls. These can be avoided by a better defensive shape and/or better ball retention.

A rule of thumb - a good defender never has to lie down. A good defender can always do his job on his feet through anticipation, positioning and teamwork. So if you see your defenders throwing themselves into many sliding tackles (which will often lead to bookings), you have a poor defensive organization.

Archived