Still getting screen res problems after today's 1.0.1 update

I'm having issues with the screen resolution. It won't let me use the bordered windowed mode, the regular windowed mode takes up too much room (the screen extends below the start menu) and the full screen mode causes my computer to crash when I alt tab between the game and my other screens.

• SI Staff

What kind of screen resolutions are you running on your systems and with what graphics cards ? Bordered windowed mode should be available as long as your screen resolution fills the minimum requirements.

The 1.0.1 update should allow the game to start up even in full screen mode as long as your actual screen resolution is at least 1024x768. Obviously running in a windowed mode will require a higher resolution in both width and height since you need to allow for the window borders. If you are having problems starting up the game, deleting the "game.cfg" file in the application temp folder (default location is: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\EHM\) will reset the preferences to the minimum defaults.

Thanks for replying Riz - I'm using 1366 x 768, I can load the actual game up, it's just unable to play on full-screen mode and freezes. When I select full screen mode I just get a squared screen with black either side of it and if I trying coming out of the game (on any screen mode), the game crashes and messes up my screen res.

Yep same problem for me. 1366x768 full screen mode, windowed mode, bordered mode... DOes not matter...anytime I try to go to something else while playing the game screws up and goes black (And grey). Whoops wrong thread....will post in the other one on this issue as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hmm.. I have my old personal laptop running on 1366x768 Windows desktop resolution and it has never any issues running either borderless or full screen modes (obviously I cannot run windowed mode on it). But then again it is not running Windows 10. Is your Windows taskbar locked and is it located at the bottom or on one of the sides ?

Archived