TESTUDO for FM16

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds daft but i'm not sure i'm ready to go up, the Clubs infra structure is lagging miles behind and the squad shouldn't even be competitive in League 1.

I feel in this FM there really is such a thing as "going up too fast". You can't bring the level of your team up enough in one or two windows, let alone infrastructure.

Was giving this a go the other night and had little success :(

I'd just finished in the playoffs two seasons running and with the Lower League version, couldn't buy a win.

Will have a go with the tweaks suggested on the new ME and see what happens.

I think there was a 'quirk' in the previous ME which meant 5 flat across midfield could be very effective, under the new ME that is no longer the case.

Moving the central midfielder up into the AMC slot not only adds depth but means the wide midfielders tuck in a bit more which suits the tactic.

We've pretty much ended up back with last years AP tactic.

I think there was a 'quirk' in the previous ME which meant 5 flat across midfield could be very effective, under the new ME that is no longer the case.

Moving the central midfielder up into the AMC slot not only adds depth but means the wide midfielders tuck in a bit more which suits the tactic.

We've pretty much ended up back with last years AP tactic.

Yeah I've always enjoyed success with your tactics in the past, so was quite shocked that this didn't work for me :(

I was using my own 442 and finished 3rd and 2nd the last two seasons, so was hoping your tactic might have kicked me on a gear. Although to be fair I was massively overachieving with the 442 as i was predicted mid-table.

Have you updated the link on the front page to the new one or is just a case of moving that player as suggested?

I'm running it a Dundee Utd. in Feb i'm in the tight pack chasing 2nd place (Celtic are 10 points clear, but I have beaten them twice with the tactic).

I need to retrain a number of players to fit into wide midfielders etc.

As above I find the LL version gives the best results, but to be fair my squad are nearer LL then top end euro club.

I'll post a full season run down in a couple of game months, as the team still dont have full familiarity as i didnt run it till after the season started.

Its a shame all my key players are getting injured particularly as they are the wide midfielders I'm struggling to retrain from wingers and inside forwards.

After struggling in my Ipswich game (and eventually being sacked), I now have the same problems in my Evian game. I can win some games very easily and after that lose 3 or 4 home games in a row. After the first matches I was only a few points away from the promotion spots, after halve a season in the French Ligue 2 I am only midtable, where I am predicted to finish 4th. (15 points behind 1st place; won 6, draw 7, lost 7). I use the LL version, including the CM that now is an AMC with treq role.

Just thought I'd do an update on how my Manchester United team is doing with the tactic (Original + My Away Version).

First off, I've tried my own tactic and I've tried another tactic that was touted as one of the best (not naming any names :p) and they both failed to get any sort of consistent form out of the team. This tactic however has brought out the very best from some of these mediocre players that we have in the club.

It's now March 3rd and we had gone unbeaten right up until the FA Cup 5th round (February 2nd) against Championship leaders Burnley, which we lost 3 - 0 in an away tie. I'm putting this down to the players letting complacency creep in, something which I've thought against all season and have been successful with up until this point. We then lost the following match in a grueling Champions League 1st Knockout round leg 1 tie against Atletico. We had a sending off in the 36th minute and the players just couldn't keep Atletico away from our area with Torres finally creeping through on 78 minutes.

However, we are still unbeaten in the Premier League with 21 wins and 6 draws! We are now running away with the league as it stands, currently 10 points clear of the rest of the pack. I wouldn't say we have any outstanding performers in our club as everyone chips in most of the time, but if I had to pick one it would be Memphis Depay who is a goal machine as well as an assist machine :)

As far as signings go, I brought in Phil Jagielka, Kevin Volland, Harry Kane, Sead Kolasinac and Zach Clough. I sold Ashley Young, Victor Valdes, James Wilson, Paddy McNair, Juan Mata, Daley Blind and Marouane Fellaini. I have also set up loans for several less known players, but have just sent Anthony Martial out on loan at the end of the January transfer window so that he can gain regular football as he ended up 4th in the pecking order.

Here's a few images to give you an idea of how the season is going...

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages_zpslpkshodw.png

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsvhvhlprp.png

Squad_%20Players%20Players_zpskeppo44k.png

Fairly happy with how the 4411 is performing in league 1.

Predicted 22nd and hovering around playoffs/auto promotion spots halfway into the season.

Its does seem to have changed from a achieving a lot of draws to more of a win/loss tactic but its picking up a similar amount of points. This is possibly because in league 1 there is massive variance in team quality, 1 week you meet a team with Dembele & Fernandinho in midfield, next week you meet a team full of league 2 players.

Looks like corner delivery has been 'tuned up' and i've started conceding a few, the flip side is we can probably re-work our attacking routine to benefit from this.

I also want to experiment with the team instructions to see if anything is more effective under the new ME, dribbling seems good so 'run at defence' would be one to try.

I'm pretty settled on the 4411 but an updated version with re-worked set peice instructions and revised team instructions is highly likely.

Think we can squeeze an extra 5% out of it. :brock:

Predicted 22nd and hovering around playoffs/auto promotion spots halfway into the season.

Its does seem to have changed from a achieving a lot of draws to more of a win/loss tactic but its picking up a similar amount of points. This is possibly because in league 1 there is massive variance in team quality, 1 week you meet a team with Dembele & Fernandinho in midfield, next week you meet a team full of league 2 players.

Looks like corner delivery has been 'tuned up' and i've started conceding a few, the flip side is we can probably re-work our attacking routine to benefit from this.

I also want to experiment with the team instructions to see if anything is more effective under the new ME, dribbling seems good so 'run at defence' would be one to try.

I'm pretty settled on the 4411 but an updated version with re-worked set peice instructions and revised team instructions is highly likely.

Top work Mr U. I agree with the move to 4411. I am currently Sedan Ardennes and was flying on 16.1 with the previous tactic but when the update hit I only just scraped promotion from the French National. Since the change to 4411 I am dominating more games (although not always getting the results it deserves) but this is the most confident I have felt about winning games. The main draw back I have noticed is winning away can be very difficult. Have tried a number of variations with team instructions and most end up with similar results.

First season in Ligue 2 I was predicted 20th (bottom) and ended up 4th (one place outside promotion). Have massively improved my squad in the summer so once they have bedded in should be on for promotion.

I am in the final 6 games, in promotion battle with other 5 teams.

I have moved the CM in Trequartista position and changed the passing to short.

It will be fine or is better wait to your new tactic? :D

In some screenshots of the league standing I see: W D L X. I know what the first three mean obviously, but what is X?

How long should it take before a team can play your tactic and use it with succes?

As I mentioned earlier, I tried it with Ipswich and Evian. Both not the very best of teams at the 2nd levels of their countries, but absolutely by far not the worst.

I can't get any succes with it, so it seams. So far I tried Testudo standard, Testudo LL, Testudo standard mikenevo f9 and Testudo LL AMC Treq. (I have not tried the trequarista setup with short passing yet though)

In my game with Evian, I got the Ajax job, but I am thinking of starting again with Evian, as I want to promote with them and go for the Champions League.

(Our honeymoon went to Evian and Lake Geneva, so I am eager to win some prizes with that team.)

For a reason that I don't understand, it is not working yet.

Any suggestions what I should do?

(I am playing FM Touch, by the way)

2nd Season with Palace, switched to the 4411 but it didnt work for me, Clough couldnt buy a goal and my wide midfielders nowhere near as effective, found myself in the relegation zone in November so switched back to the 451 lower league tactic and have been steadily climbing the table again, back in with a shot of europe.

2nd Season with Palace, switched to the 4411 but it didnt work for me, Clough couldnt buy a goal and my wide midfielders nowhere near as effective, found myself in the relegation zone in November so switched back to the 451 lower league tactic and have been steadily climbing the table again, back in with a shot of europe.

Useful feedback that, thanks.

Bit unsure about the 4411, i had a run of winning 9 league games in a row, but are now in a sequence of only 1 win in 8 games.

Having said that i'm 2nd in League 1 with a team predicted 22nd with 8 games to go although trending downwards at the moment.

My gut feeling is there are not enough goals in the tactic leaving you suceptible to the unlucky 1-0 defeat. (unless you are a top team)

Based on your feedback i think i'll revert to the 451 for the rest of the season but ultimately i want to look at something more attacking i think.

After what you said about shorter passing tried this with the f9 instead of the cm tweak and this has saw me go on a really good run.

Since applying the tweaks P14 W10 D3 L1

The base was the Lower League version 1a

Media prediction is 20th btw - last season I just about stayed up in first year in prem with Basingstoke, currently 9th this year

This tactic is alright but lost count of the amount of times I've lost a game 1-0 after only conceding 3/4 shots in total. Inevitably the 1 on target goes in. Compounded with the total amount of shots that you have, normally in high teens/20's, can be infuriating.

its certainly a good tactic, and with the possession and the chances that are created, I should be cruising the league. but it does seem to hit issues at home. I can dominate games, but if a team sets up defensively against me, I dominate the game and lose 1-0. but if I replay the game, and set the tactic to counter-attack, then I cruise to a 2 or 3 goal victory. The same away from home. Ive had some fantastic results against the top sides in the prem as Leicester. setting the tactic to counter for any side below the top 6, or defensive for a top side, and I will typically get a good result.

i'm joint top at the moment, so I cant complain, and love the tactic in general.

p.s. I don't always replay games, it just frustrated me, so I was testing it to see what happened.

Tried the 4411 tweak and got absolutely stuffed 5-0. Think it was a lack of any real midfield. Close to uninstalling FM16 as absolutely nothing seems to work. Very frustrating.

Yeah I agree. I've tried all manner of tactics but getting outplayed by teams that are a league below me. Players behave like absolute *******, miss chance after chance while the opposition score goals from ridiculous angles and distances while my goalie just stands there as if his hands are tied together. Fed up of it, I don't believe half the success stories I see people posting.

Yeah I agree. I've tried all manner of tactics but getting outplayed by teams that are a league below me. Players behave like absolute *******, miss chance after chance while the opposition score goals from ridiculous angles and distances while my goalie just stands there as if his hands are tied together. Fed up of it, I don't believe half the success stories I see people posting.

You have to ask yourself, what would we actually gain from posting up our success stories if they're just lies.

Tactics are no longer plug and play, it requires a whole lot more than that in FM16! Outline in detail what you do and how you approach things, maybe there is something you could be doing better.

Thought id share my small experience with this tactic.

Started as wolves made only a couple of signings using the normal tactic but with the CM as a CAM (T). Slow start but by xmas I was 2nd in the Championship then got sacked due to board takeover :thdn: Ended up retiring and adding myself back in with Forest who were about 18th and managerless played the same tactic that i did with Wolves but didnt really have the right players and with an already low moral im really struggling. Hopefully I can stay up and rebuild for next season.

One thing i did notice is that a good prefered move to have for the wide midfielders was "gets into opponents area" I had jed Wallace at Wolves who scored a lot from ghosting in around the back for easy tap-ins. I think its like any tactic you need the right players to execute it and you cant expect every team to have the players you need from day 1

This tactic has provided me with my first ever (in all my FM years) unbeaten season in the league! We only lost 2 games all season, our miserable 5th round FA Cup defeat to Championship side Burnley and the very next match in the Champions League knockout stage against a strong Atletico side. Amazingly we won every home game of the season except one draw against SLB in the Champions League group stage.

We won the Capital One Cup, Premier League and Champions League. Our Champions League final match was against Bayern who were also chasing a Treble of trophies after winning the same equivalent of trophies as us, so it made for an interesting match, although the match itself was a bit dull with Bayern looking to adopt a defensive approach and it was Matteo Darmian who provided us with the winner early in the 28th minute.

I've now got to decide whether to build on the team I've got, bring in some talent that fits the tactic and go for a clean sweep of trophies, or move on and pick up another challenge elsewhere, maybe a team lower down in the Premier League or perhaps in the lower leagues, or maybe even abroad.

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages-3_zpspokq724j.png

Good job Mike,

I assume its across 2 patches which is even better.

Some will say 'its Man U' but i've never had an unbeaten season with anyone and it remains an ambition of mine.

I've PM'd you about something else ;)

(or at least i would do if you emptied your inbox !)

I've pushed and pulled the 451/4411 around as much as i can on this patch and have never really arrived at anything i'm happy with so i'm going to leave it here.

However, i think i'm onto something else, really, really good.

A completely new approach for me, got a few days off after today so i should be able to get it sufficiently tested and up here in a couple of days with fair winds.

Good job Mike,

I assume its across 2 patches which is even better.

Some will say 'its Man U' but i've never had an unbeaten season with anyone and it remains an ambition of mine.

I've PM'd you about something else ;)

(or at least i would do if you emptied your inbox !)

Yeah it's across 2 patches, played since February with the new patch and still happy with the results. Man Utd are far from being the team that they were over past FM's I can tell you that and as I've said before, tried other tactics including my own and couldn't come up with anything consistent.

Sorry about that, I've emptied my inbox :)

I've pushed and pulled the 451/4411 around as much as i can on this patch and have never really arrived at anything i'm happy with so i'm going to leave it here.

However, i think i'm onto something else, really, really good.

A completely new approach for me, got a few days off after today so i should be able to get it sufficiently tested and up here in a couple of days with fair winds.

Look forward to seeing it Mr R - Been a fan of your tactics over the past few years, but have found my FM16 experience pretty frustrating to date.

Running a career save, and been trying to use Testudo, but hit by inconsistency. Took the job at MK Dons towards the end of season 2 and managed to steer them clear of relegation from the championship by the skin of my teeth by stringing together 3 wins in the last 3 games, after around 8 games without a win (using the 16.2 version with treq). After a full pre-season, I made a storming start to the next season, winning the first 5 games straight off, including some tough away games (media prediction for the season - 24th), scoring 3 goals or more in 3 of those games, and then it just fell apart - 10 game winless run, the last 6 of which I didn't even score in, and the first 4 only scoring 1 per game. Seemed to be absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. That one's on hold at the moment, but will be interested to see what the new approach is.

Keep up the good work Mr R - prefer using your tactics to anyone else, as I appreciate the thought process you use, and the squad building around the key attributes you highlight.

Look forward to seeing it Mr R - Been a fan of your tactics over the past few years, but have found my FM16 experience pretty frustrating to date.

Running a career save, and been trying to use Testudo, but hit by inconsistency. Took the job at MK Dons towards the end of season 2 and managed to steer them clear of relegation from the championship by the skin of my teeth by stringing together 3 wins in the last 3 games, after around 8 games without a win (using the 16.2 version with treq). After a full pre-season, I made a storming start to the next season, winning the first 5 games straight off, including some tough away games (media prediction for the season - 24th), scoring 3 goals or more in 3 of those games, and then it just fell apart - 10 game winless run, the last 6 of which I didn't even score in, and the first 4 only scoring 1 per game. Seemed to be absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. That one's on hold at the moment, but will be interested to see what the new approach is.

Keep up the good work Mr R - prefer using your tactics to anyone else, as I appreciate the thought process you use, and the squad building around the key attributes you highlight.

Although its slightly counter intuitive i now think its easier to be consistent with an attacking tactic over a defensive tactic as you are vulnerable to the 0-0, 0-1 scorelines even when you play well with a 'safety first' approach.

The next tactic will be much more attacking.

I've tried the ll and treq changes but was really struggling for goals, so I moved the wide players to aml and amr winger support and the right sided midfielder to a b2b and I've won 3 lost 1 still very early days of course but promising results.

Hi mikenevo which tactic did you use in that Man Utd season just the 4411 you adjusted?

It was a mixture of both, generally my version for away games and the original for home games (added in the AMC after patch). It wasn't uncommon for me to switch up the tactics during a match either depending on how well we were doing.

Been driving me mad since the update but i think i'm finally onto something.

If a few of you could run it for a few games and drop me some feedback i'd be obliged.

I'm ruining League 1 but not tried it anywhere else yet.

mWLGFbL.jpg

Download

https://www.mediafire.com/?hl7pht7eodac57q

Well I shall report back on this from use in the Scottish 2nd Division with Formartine Utd who are probably the weakest team in the league. #challengeaccepted

Archived