Sports Interactive Community
bender_1

EHM Early Access Won't even boot after update

I tried to open up my EHM Early Access this evening and i can't get it to open up at all. The Steam pop-up opens for a second saying preparing to launch Eastside Hockey Manager, then the pop-up disappears and that's it. Same thing if i try to open it from inside Steam under Library\Games\ and right click on Eastside Hockey Manager and select Play Game. It says the Current content BuildID is 880642.

Same thing is happening to me. I was able to open it once successfully. I then set it to run fullscreen and it later crashed when I alt-tabbed out. Now I can't start it up anymore and only get the steam pop up that says it is starting.

Version 1.0.1 should fix the DirectX error at game start if you had changed the preferences to a full screen mode in the game.

If you are still having issues starting the game with the latest version, have you tried deleting the "game.cfg" from your temp folder to clear the preferences (default location is: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\EHM\) ?

Version 1.0.1 should fix the DirectX error at game start if you had changed the preferences to a full screen mode in the game.

If you are still having issues starting the game with the latest version, have you tried deleting the "game.cfg" from your temp folder to clear the preferences (default location is: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\EHM\) ?

I believe that was one of the first things i tried. Double-checked now and that file wasn't there at all. Very frusterating. Everything was working perfectly and now i can't run it at all.

I believe that was one of the first things i tried. Double-checked now and that file wasn't there at all. Very frusterating. Everything was working perfectly and now i can't run it at all.

Issue Update:

Taking a hint from another post i went to SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Eastside Hockey Manager and changed the ehm.exe settings to always run as an administrator. No i get further and get the great "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" error. I uninstalled all my Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015 versions in both x86 and x64 format. Then i reinstalled them all getting no errors. After all this i still get the 0xc00007b error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Can you post a screenshot of the above error message you are getting ?

I would love to but i'm new to this board and it won't let me insert or paste any image.

It sounds indeed like a possible issue with mismatching DLL files. Have you searched the Steam forums for this particular error message ? Similar error message reports all seem to be linked to the dll's installed on the system so not something that can directly be fixed by any code changes in EHM.

It sounds indeed like a possible issue with mismatching DLL files. Have you searched the Steam forums for this particular error message ? Similar error message reports all seem to be linked to the dll's installed on the system so not something that can directly be fixed by any code changes in EHM.

Yes i've done hours of searching and thats why i removed and reinstalled all my visual basic c++ - both x86 and x64. I never had a problem running it before the 1.0 version so something in the coding must changed in EHM.

I downloaded a app called dependancy walker which "lists all the functions that are exported by that module, and which of those functions are actually being called by other modules". According to this program, i have 15 DLL's that my SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Eastside Hockey Manager folder doesn't have. Is there a way to download the total install file and manually install it instead of going through steam? I have deleted the game from Steam and reinstalled it but that didn't work.