FM16: Portsmouth FC - Fan Owned & Debt Free!

stevemc

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you can really see how hard my players work in this picture :D as well as how amazing Besic has been on the left hand side. We are storming the league this season, we're not top, but 3rd at the start of February is awesome!

Martial, Besic and my defenders all round have been incredible. Mata has also been an incredible free signing!

1d04c9172f789111699251f420d42f8a.png

Managed to stay in the Prem at the last day of the season, was so lucky, got given 35m to spend, signed Jammat, Anita and Gribbin, need to sort my goalie situation out as I have no goalies and no money to spend and no wage budget left either lol.

Wait, you spent 30+mil on that!? :eek:.

Capital One Cup story continues :cool:

b7612c50b2c4a755105eeb57d06b3ce1.png

Oh look at the draw!

9858d000bcff6ac9a48a3155351098da.png

Chelsea or Liverpool will go out and I get to face Leeds :cool:. Seeing as Evans is there manager I couldn't think of anything sweeter.

Out of the JPT though which I'm not happy about, I didn't realise I was playing as Arsenal!

[video=youtube_share;njcqcEhXubY]

54df4e35946c7ebf16fc593fc56d2812.png

Played some fringe/younger players but think the keeper was the wrong choice. Then again Berg missed 2 CCCs before finally scoring his 3rd chance :(. Didn't help that I finished the match with no striker as Taggart came on to be taken off injured in the 71st minute :(.

And he's going to spend the rest of his loan injured >.<.

Hey guys what's Close, Webster, May and Bass like a couple seasons in?

In season one still but thinking of giving these game time if have future or just let them leave.

They worth keeping around?

I've been playing Close from the start he's very well worth keeping, May I'm starting to bring in. Bass and Webster both don't look like they will make the grade though. I'm trying to make something out of Davies and Haunstrup but I don't think I'll be able too :(.

Chaplin looks alright but I don't play AMC at all :(.

Nick Hall looks like a promising keeper in the u18s.

Portsmouth 2017/18: Championship

Finally got back on this, finished off season two with another straight promotion:

wa38gg.png

Managed to sort a link out with Liverpool in the hope of getting a few loans in because I was struggling with a small budget:

outml1.png

Had a tough window, before the start of the Championship season, promoted May from the under 21's and here are my deals:

3zqk4.png

Here is May, for the people asking:

eg3k83.png

I struggled in the first 4 games so I made a few tweeks to my tactic, put May in CM and since then I've been flying, this is my best result so far, and the league table:

2m4rgpu.png

33cno6w.png

My odds were 81/1 at the start of the season for promotion. :thup:

Cheers guys.

Yea Close I'll five more games and has done well as DLP at DM. Barton also not impressing much.

Webster has struggled.

I don't play AMC either but trying to convert Chaplin to a IF on AMR. But dunno, definitely a work in progress. Needs a loan too since my wingers are pretty solid. Just signed Dayton and Miele.

Could be sitting 2nd right now, but we've just drawn with Blackburn (17th) and lost to Swansea (11th)... but thankfully results have gone our way below us, meaning we still have a 7 point cushion between 4th.

100300b17e3ae676a253c183135c4b42.png

Think I am going to leave it there for the night with work in the morning, although I really wanted to finish the season!

Went 4 - 4 - 2 for this one seeing as we're in form with it, Clarke-Harris is back and Wigan aren't doing that well, Chris McCann scored an amazing goal, I had to upload it due to it being that good. With that I went to my cups 4 - 5 - 1 and got a penalty well, what can I say about it?

[video=youtube_share;Tpo5UnNcJWc]

bc515256c7a946e2f0f7f08f0974039e.png:D

a1cd824d62a3e6c4c37b61c33768df91.png

Capital One Cup continues and it's onto the Semis :cool:.

a46fdec41fed80cc5a333b904358f2e8.png

They're lower in the league then Wigan are, let's hope it counts.

Lost my assistant :(. Good luck to him, first game without him I lost 2 - 1, better not be a downward spiral!

cf93183d1158cd5cf4c0faa9de8424e1.png

Finished the 2020/21 season, finished 3rd after an incredibly bad run of results from March onwards :D I'll get a screenshot up later tonight. A final 2-2 draw with Guardiola's Spurs on the final day was enough to secure it. I could of finished 5th if I didn't pick up any points on the final day.

So that makes my journey in the Prem - 13th, 9th, and now 3rd. My team isn't good enough for Champions League :D I normally get spanked by the big boys in the Prem.

Finished the 2020/21 season, finished 3rd after an incredibly bad run of results from March onwards :D I'll get a screenshot up later tonight. A final 2-2 draw with Guardiola's Spurs on the final day was enough to secure it. I could of finished 5th if I didn't pick up any points on the final day.

So that makes my journey in the Prem - 13th, 9th, and now 3rd. My team isn't good enough for Champions League :D I normally get spanked by the big boys in the Prem.

Show us your squad!

e138742ecdf82f388398bd8f260692cd.png

Didn't put the first leg to bed which is a shame, 2 - 0 up and drew 2 - 2, those CCCs :(. Hoping to get the second league played before work, I don't think I'll be able too.

FA Cup; think I went with the wrong tactic in 4 - 5 - 1. We had 3 CCC's in the first half and were 3 - 0 down!

10015d50445916f87270c3b8afd791a8.png

Could of been different if we'd put our chances away, but to be playing well against Newcastle who are 9th in the Prem is very promising. I didn't play my first team either so that's a plus as I need them fresh for the league/Capital One Cup.

Show us your squad!

I will do later tonight after work, will be home 7ish.

Martial banging in 30 in 35, after no goals in his last 2 seasons with United has been a highlight. Besic has been a revelation and my whole defence has been top class as well. I can see a few offers come in this summer.

Mata is probably the best freebie ever (close with Luke Shaw actually), has pulled the strings all season!

Portsmouth 2017/18: Championship

Won the Championship by 7 points in the end to a Zinedine Zidane managed Norwich City, looks comfortable, but it wasn't. I was flying, then out of nowhere came a terrible patch of form, which I thought was going to derail the whole season.

oqycyh.png

Mid-season form:

o56s04.png

John Fleck was by far my standout performer, leading scorer from AP/CM.

Obviously winning the Championship was a surprise, but the owner has decided to sell up, so its uncertain times until the buy out is complete. Promotion also coincides with alot of my backroom staff's contract expiring, so this summer I'll need to structure my backroom staff, but also my playing staff - this bunch won't do much in the EPL.

The board have also set their budgets:

2sblocy.png

I'm going to need a new assistant manager, what key stats do you guys look for, most importantly?

I think as I finished last night, the board had set my budget for the season at £500k :D - the team doesn't really need MASSIVE improvements so it isn't a huge deal. I have another top free signing coming in (signed in January) the summer, and a couple of regens come back from loan to provide cover.

Champions League qualification and given less than £1m to improve the squad, thanks guys. I can't wait for my new CAM to come in though, another world class freebie.

334198b82e714bd83643ca87e7055248.png

Season Update

-----------------------------

Season 2020/21 - Premiership

Position 3rd - Final Table - FA Cup - Capital One Cup
A huge difference from 9th to 3rd, but I give that down to us having a strong squad and no European football. Martial was firing on all cylinders and the defence was incredible at times. I wasn't expecting this at the start of the season! It could of been better but this run of form late on in the season, shows we were actually lucky to hold on to the Champions League place

Let's not talk about cup competitions. Again.

We brought more quality to our improving team this season and it showed, we don't really need to improve going into next season to compete, we already have the young squad to do that. It would of been nice to bring in another winger and world class GK, but such is life.

You can find a screenshot of our top performers here.

Transfers In - Transfers Out

Everyone knew that the French duo joined. We had some huge signings follow them this season, bringing Lamela back to English football after joining Dortmund but not really getting into their team. An unhappy Mammana joined from Liverpool to sure up the defence so that we had 3 top quality centre backs, with Zouma, Jones and himself.

Inaki Williams who didn't make it at Real Madrid, moved to Bayern and couldn't make it their either joined us again bring in top quality in positions we already had and he was our 2nd top scorer off the wings. Sergio Rico joined from Inter as I felt we didn't have a great GK, he is the first GK to average over 7 for me on FM this year which is exactly what I was afer.

Everyone already knows about James Ward-Prowse and Mata, another two quality free signings (after already getting Shaw and Wilson on frees too!) - JWP got moved out wide after not making an impact in the centre due to his crossing ability and Mata made the AMC spot his own, especially after Stendera damaged his cruciates and is out for 9-10 months.

Holgate provided further cover at CB, while giving me another more defensive option and cover for the RB. Cancelo is my main #2, but he can't play every single game each season! Lastly, possibly one of the signings of the season... Okuka, the French CDM (training to be CM) regen. Alongside Besic in CM, he has been one of our best players, wonderkind status. £40m release clause which scares me though. I'll provide a screenshot of him below.

Screenshot of Ken Okuka

c7dd60770294fbf00fcaebec8ee8e4dc.png

Extremely tight from the board to give me absolutely no wiggle room this season, having just qualified for Champions League football and giving Portsmouth their highest finish in the Premier League ever. But hey... I'm not bitter in the slightest. This season may see very little movement in the transfer market, but focus on the players we already have. I am aiming for Europa League after finishing 3rd in my group, getting maybe to the quarters/semis of that would see me as a successful European campaign.

Oh but wait, here is that possible "signing of the season" ready for the new campaign in August. Signed a contract back in January to join us on a free, he can play from the LW, so tempted to re-train him there! Already have Mata, Stendera, JWP and Wilshere (even Ravel!) who can play AMC.

b06a3258e8f82cc0345bad5bae0fc3b9.png

-----------------------------

SEASON 1 L2 COMPLETE

Finally completed Season 1! Champions, easily.

sg5qpk.png

FA Cup got knocked out by Leeds in Rd 3 Replay. So happy with that run. Other two cups, that I like to refer to as "The pointless Cup", were of course pointless.

TRANSFERS

i3x84n.png

Darcy Blake and Jarno Parikka were super signings. Goss and Sinclair on loan were very useful. Miele, Dayton and Downing were great signings in Jan and brought in on decent deals.

SQUAD

zjyq84.png

As I was saying re Parikka and Blake quality signings for nothing. Bennett as an IF was sensational. Roberts was solid as a IF at AMR but moved him to CM as a CM A and was even better. Gonna retrain him there with the likes of Chaplin doing well on the wing. Stevens and Hollands very consistent also.

Haven't agreed to sign anyone yet.... any ideas for freebies or loans season 2? Thinking a RB (WB A), CM (B2B), GK, DM (DLP D), ST (F9)...

Will read this more tomorrow and reply to people :eek: just wanted to get my Capital One Cup game done after work, lost to bottom of the league Blackpool and drew with second to bottom Shrewsbury on the way to the cup but we turned on the style for Huddersfield!

3ead49a73817e95d2f1c46a31b066c5c.png

Goal of the game by Jed Wallace

[video=youtube;yjmncLOwWVg]

And the final will be..

d2ce9f0464d5d03f9c5b7a91d49b632f.png

Jed can't play, absolutely gutted :(.

Haven't agreed to sign anyone yet.... any ideas for freebies or loans season 2? Thinking a RB (WB A), CM (B2B), GK, DM (DLP D), ST (F9)...

RB - Sean Long, Tafari Moore.

CM - Connor Smith

DM - Sean Goss(Loan)

ST - Clarke-Harris(Loan)

Shouldn't need a new keeper, Murphy is solid. He's got 12 clean sheets so far :thup:.

334198b82e714bd83643ca87e7055248.png

Season Update

Am I being blind? Where's my the squad list :(.

Nice to see you have Holgate, I wanted him on my Rotherham save but Everton wouldn't budge. Holgate, Zouma and Shaw? That's pretty damn nice man.

I'm going to need a new assistant manager, what key stats do you guys look for, most importantly?

Nice to see you're doing well :thup:. John Fleck looks pretty good on my save but he's in league 2 with Coventry and would cost a bit :(.

Man Management, JPA/JPP. Then I do like them to have some sort of tactical knowledge so 12+ and being able to train in a certain area so atleast Dis/Mot/Det 14+ if possible and then attacking/defensive etc. This many stats purely from being able to attract more in the prem :thup:.

Portsmouth 2018/19: Premier League

Bit of a mid-season update, decided to splash most of my money on Angel Correa due to my lack of having a top striker over the season, I thought he'd be the answer for many years to come. Here are my deals:

2i6gwux.png

Some serious money spend this window though:

anj587.png

Conor Chaplin has been brilliant so far for me, only got his chance through injuries, but he's taken it:

fwk2ep.png

Here is the table:

2d0c0ex.png

Am I being blind? Where's my the squad list :(.

Nice to see you have Holgate, I wanted him on my Rotherham save but Everton wouldn't budge. Holgate, Zouma and Shaw? That's pretty damn nice man.

I will try and do this from memory as I am at work :D

GK: Sergio Rico, Rudd

RB: Cancelo, Holgate

CB: Zouma, Phil Jones (2 regen CBs out on loan)

CB: Mammana, Chiellini (retiring)

LB: Shaw, Chilwell

CM: Besic, Iborra

CM: Okuka, Wilshere

AMR: Inaki Williams, Ward-Prowse, Ravel Morrison

AMC: Juan Mata, Stendera (cruciate so Wilshere/Morrison filled in when needed)

AML: Lamela, Kishna (Burton out on loan)

ST: Martial, James Wilson, Brunet (loan regen)

Very strong squad! :) Happy with that. I have just retained 100% of transfer revenue, so I will only sell if I know I will get back enough to improve.

Finished my 6th season and managed to finish 7th in the Premier (and qualify for the Europa League) and get to the 5th round of the FA Cup. I brought in Chris Smalling, Dejan Lovern, Brendon Gallaway and Marc Muniesa so bolster my defence, but my best siging was Alexander Eilers a young striker i loaned from Chelsea last season as back-up when he scored 6 in 12 games, so i loaned him again and bought him in the January transfer window when the club boosted my funds and he finished with 22 goals in 33 appearances and won PFA Young Player of the Year.

Transfer Update 2021/22

Sad to see them go, but Sergio Rico and Inaki Williams leave the club after only spending a year on the South Coast. They both had great seasons and leave making us a huge profit.

03be209be7c4aeaeb5f7cec5db1309f5.png

Rico was fantastic this season, and deserves his move to City. I am assuming they have signed him to take over the reigns from Hart. He was signed for £6m and leaves for £26m.

7c6c56a15a9975afeec831e9f7e3f6d2.png

Williams left for a staggering £36m more than what I paid for him. £4.5m we paid for the Bayern/Real Madrid reject and looked to have turned his career around! £34m upfront with it rising to £40m on appearances and performance based clauses.

Transfers In?

The pre-arranged transfer of Correa. He will now see more game time due to Williams departure, although I'll still be looking for another winger...

Also, another Bayern reject in the form of a young Italian GK to replace Rico... Donnarumma :cool: What an incredible signing, 22 year old GK who will no doubt become our #1 for many seasons.

f7437b04ffdb72d5bcd35921cb7be01e.png

Arranged a pretty awesome set of pre-season friendlies for the fans...

:cool:

Either tour around USA for the die hard fans or see some big names come to Fratton Park!

f70d04698c2382dfebf1c1f302f7cb4d.png

Finished the season in 8th, pretty good going getting this team, to finish 8th in the Premier League:

2yx52xk.png

5zqwwk.png

Off the back off that, we've cleared our debts and got a reasonable transfer kitty to rebuild the team:

9tn9n4.png

8w06ch.png

I've tied up some deals already for John Ruddy (250K), Neal Maupay (£1.2m) and Adrien Rabiot (free). I have a £7m option on Reece Oxford which I really want to take up, but I need the strengthen the whole team, so we'll see.

So.. we won the Capital One Cup :eek:

7cf60dac6d42b4c85447990dc9054760.png

How? I have no idea, blame Wolves strikers.. they missed so many chances. Two of the chances needed a tap, one was blasted over and the other was just gifted to the keeper :eek:.

860467aa1d439f99f1eb98e830de9805.png

I'm more confused then happy :D. We didn't face any difficult teams, Wolves were the highest team though. Infact looking we faced Championship teams for every game :D.

Won League 1, up into the Champo now. Beat Villa in FA Cup, got to Wembley Semi Final and lost 1-0 to Spurs but gave the bank a good boost in gate receipts, TV money & prize money. Figured out the run made the club around £1.5million.

Provisional budget for the champ is £2.6mill, but will mostly go into monthly fees for loans most likely. Need to clear out some dead wood also!

RB - Sean Long, Tafari Moore.

CM - Connor Smith

DM - Sean Goss(Loan)

ST - Clarke-Harris(Loan)

Shouldn't need a new keeper, Murphy is solid. He's got 12 clean sheets so far :thup:.

Thanks mate. Smith and Tafari look decent so will check them out. Goss was consistently excellent last season so If I can loan him again I will. With a keeper thinking a backup since Jones was horrendous when played in L2.

Conor Chaplin has been brilliant so far for me, only got his chance through injuries, but he's taken it:

fwk2ep.png

Great to see Chaplin doing well. You retrained to AMR I see. So you play him as IF? I too started to play him there and doing well.

30ug4ld.png[/img]

Hey Gibbo, hows Mattala for you? What role he plays? Thinking of getting him as a B2B CM...

Portsmouth 2019/20: Premier League

Decided that I needed a bit of a squad overall this Summer, the squad needed beefing up with more quality, so this Summer was a re-building process. I feel the squad is in a much better place now to push on from 8th:

20qdeh1.png

Brought Begovic in loan with a £4m future fee, and Pereira has a £3m future fee.

Amongst these deals, there is one regen, which I like the look of:

22jqe1.png

Archived