Other American sport sims

I absolutely love American sports and Eastside Hockey is a brilliant game. I was wondering, if the opportunity arose, would SI consider doing management games for the NFL, NBA or MLB? I know that the licences for some of those are owned exclusively by one developer but if that situation changed, would it be something that could happen?

For the MLB, SI did take on the OOTP franchise, but it didn't last long and OOTP are independent again. OOTP16 is also highly worth checking out if you haven't already, a really top sports management sim.

Oh right, thanks for that. I've seen about it but I've never played it so might have to have a look at that.

I really loved the NFL Head Coach game that EA made (one of the only EA games I've actually enjoyed) but the last one came out in 2009 and I've felt deprived ever since. I love the NFL so would love to see a fully licenced management sim for that but it won't happen (sadly) until EA don't hold exclusivity over the licence.

Oh right, thanks for that. I've seen about it but I've never played it so might have to have a look at that.

I really loved the NFL Head Coach game that EA made (one of the only EA games I've actually enjoyed) but the last one came out in 2009 and I've felt deprived ever since. I love the NFL so would love to see a fully licenced management sim for that but it won't happen (sadly) until EA don't hold exclusivity over the licence.

Have a look at Front Office Football by Jim Gindin. http://www.solecismic.com/fof/index.php

Thanks guys, I've bought OOTP and will look at getting FOF as well. I read an article about a former FM developer teaming up with OOTP to make an NFL sim called Beyond The Sidelines Football which was due to be released before Christmas this year. Unfortunately though the lead programmer suffered a severe stroke and development has been put on hold so hopefully he recovers and they find someone else who can programme the game. It's got all the real team names and player names on which would be amazing.

Archived