BIESLA Tactic

ok ok !! I know... he didn't win anything with marseille last year but the team was beautiful and exciting when playing (even sometimes frustrating)

At the beginning abd for a long time he wanted to adapt to the opponent using 2 or 3 DC according to how many strikers were in the opoosing team... at the end of the year he abandonned the idea and all was more blanced; Though i didn't manage to be stisfied with a BIELSA tactic...

however i think it would be fantastic to be able to build one together with alla of you who know so many things about tactics

FROM WHAT I COULD SEE LAST YEAR IN MARSEILLE

- the team was pressing all the time from the striker to the advanced midfielders...; event MOD and MOG were like wing backs and came back to help their defenders

Pressing was very hugh starting with the striker and also the number 10

- The rythm was very hight and the passes were very risky but always a collective game trying to break the lines or trying to get as many centers (crosses) as possible

- the wing backs were used as forwards mostly keeping the line and going as far as possible.... as far as the 30 meters.... they didin't go straight however but came back in the middle of the fiekd too create confusion and let the MOD MOG do their job and combine with them plus use centers to reach the striker

- the game was intense and fast

In the middle the number ten came dropped back quite often and was very free : he was very good technically and gave a lot of risky thtough passes to break the lines

There were two midfielders : one of them did a box to box job getting the ball from his low position to take thr ball to the opposing camp and try to create difficulties for opponents since he had an incredible potential with his physicak attributes

The other one was more of a sentinel or just a guy to stay there and get back the balls whenever he could; break opposing actions without doing anything much. short passes, no risks, only there to balance the midfield

The two defenders were doing a classical job except the idea was never to shoot the ball anywhere... the GK had to give thel the ball in the foot and then everything had to start from the best technical guy in the defense... lots of passes

The stats showed many many passes like 400 to 500 and a lot of scoring occasions.... the team played high... their were a lot of tries to send the ball to the striker from the sides and the overall team took a lot o risks in passing except the defensive midfielder...

I don't know how to materialize that in FM

it was as well a question of indiviual marking (impossible in classic mode?)

anyways if someboy could give me clues as roles to give to the players, fluidity or not of the team, roles, and so on... and give advice on what are my remarks of OM 2014-2015

the results didn't go as expected but the teal finished 4th with so many goals that it had never happened in more than 30 years !!

i've been looking around and found nothing close to that !!

do you thonk we should try something out of it ? Who would be interested? That Bielsa coach is a real important figuree in world football !!

thank you : his work is really impressive

anybody here on the forum tried to do something not plug n play but almost complete ?

Anyway thanks a lot for your answer !

It would be a bit impossible now because the IWB role is not the role it should be. Instead of being in the middle of the field in attack, they are out wide. You could have a shot at emulating Sampaoli's tactics as he plays with "pure" wingbacks.

that's interesting !! i could see that somtimes the wb were out wide but the then tended to switch roles with the am, wb being rather in the center of the pitch and am staying next to the line

but all was not static so indeed.... almost impossible !!!

enlighten me on sampaoli's tacts ?? ;)

and thanx for answering !!

that's interesting !! i could see that somtimes the wb were out wide but the then tended to switch roles with the am, wb being rather in the center of the pitch and am staying next to the line

but all was not static so indeed.... almost impossible !!!

enlighten me on sampaoli's tacts ?? ;)

and thanx for answering !!

Sampaoli is basically diet Pep. He plays a possession game but he fails to sacrifice tempo and creativity and flair. Also, like Bielsa, he likes to play with a high line/pressure. (Control or Attacking/Very Fluid). He also like Bielsa uses a man marking system. Mind you that such system is still not completely possible to emulate even with the individual man marking but you'll be close.

Sampaoli usually played a 5-2-3ish/4-3-3ish shape. He don't really played with an identified striker. Wingbacks are always attacking like CWB (a). Diaz was diet Busquets (DLP (d)). Aranguiz is an AP (s or a) like Iniesta. He also played with three ball playing defenders (or two when facing a one or three striker system). Vidal played anywhere in the system as either an Enganche or the Busquets role. The "wide forwards" are the only real challenge to emulate. I would like to say Raumdeuters they were because they were always looking for space to run onto. And the "lone striker" was actually an Enganche in Valdivia. Doesnt even get to the box. So, your best bet in this game might be a striker less formation

Also if need more reading

http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/brankonikovski/chile-2015-copa-america-scout-report-by-branko-nikovski-the-creator-of-the-method-5x5-and-the-morpho-5-cycle

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/12/16/universidad-de-chile-tactics-bielsa-sampaoli/

super cool information !!! i'll get down to work as soon as work let me have some personnal time !! but i enjoy gainig some time by collecting useful infos before!!

thanx very much for all these informations !! I'll be checking all that!!

And guys if you think u have tactics that "look like" what id like to see, feel free to share as well, ill be feedbacking !!!

have a nice day you all !

• 3 weeks later...

okay so i tried something

it's not so close as Bielsa's tactics but kind of

The team plays a pretty risky football and tries to be as offensive and as direct as possible like bielsa

BUT i didn't choose personnal marking because I hate it so it is more or less "à la bielsa"

Team plays high and kind of fast

feel free ti take a look at it : http://dl.free.fr/fgEQweDC4

okay so i tried something

it's not so close as Bielsa's tactics but kind of

The team plays a pretty risky football and tries to be as offensive and as direct as possible like bielsa

BUT i didn't choose personnal marking because I hate it so it is more or less "à la bielsa"

Team plays high and kind of fast

feel free ti take a look at it : http://dl.free.fr/fgEQweDC4

Already, I can pick out what is wrong.

TI: Look For Overlap

Redundant in my opinion. You dont need to tell players to seek out full backs overlapping, they'll do it anyways especially when you use the exploit the flanks TI. I think this TI will also slow down your transition to attack. If you get the ball back, you want want the players to break quick as in one of the ethos of Bielsa-ball.

Roles: Normal CDs at the back. Bielsa usually uses guys that are good on the ball. He believes that when you have the ball, you are the Regista. So, that sounds like BPDs not CDs.

Normal Goalie: I think a sweeper keeper on defense fits well with Bielsa as he likes the goalie being the fourth/third defender

Everything else, I think is fine

okay thanks for all your remarks !!

Just lloking for improving as much as i can ^^

so you think i should suppress the Team Instruction "look for overlap" (gotta fin the equivalent in french ^^)

same for the roles of the defenders : gotta find the equivalent but based on what you develop and the term regista i guess u mean "defenseur relanceur" in the French game

But what if you have only one out of two interesting player for that matter ? Choose only one and the other stays with short passes

i was wondering about the goalie indeed ... so why not a sweeper keeper i can try that !!

I didn't work on the set pieces and i know for example as far as corner kicks are concerned that I should work much more on them : there were a lot of them played with two players

well i hope i'm being understood i'm not native so some of the specific terms are not always natural for me !!

Archived