[FM 2016] Youth Development ONLY Database - All Players at their Original Clubs [WIP]

Youth Development ONLY Database - All Players at their Original Clubs

[Work In Progress]

La_Mas%C3%ADa_de_FC_Barcelona.JPG

What would the world of football look like if all of today's stars were still with their original clubs? Could any team compete with the likes of Barcelona?

I'm working on a database where all players have been moved back to the first club listed under their playing history, and wanted to see if anyone else was interested. Right now my plan is to create two versions of the database: a version with leagues untouched other than to turn off all transfers, and a version with a super-league with all of the clubs with the best homegrown squads.

This is going to take a while, and for practicality I will probably only edit the database for players over a certain potential ability.

I'll post screenshots as I go along and teams start to take shape. I'm editing from highest PA on down, and so far the only club that could field a full XI is Barcelona:

Barca_160.png

I hope other people are as interested in this project as I am! Please let me know if you have any suggestions or requests.

(I am aware that someone attempted this with FM15, and am not trying to steal their thunder. I just think it's an interesting project and want to see if I can build on the idea to make it a playable database for those of us interested in youth development in FM16)

• 1 month later...

Sounds awesome, dream update. Good luck. Futhermore I suggest :

- To ban all transferts, and force every team to do a lifeban (but I suppose it's impossible).

- (Or) Ordrer geographical restrictions in transferts, like Athletic Bilbao who can take only Basks.

- (Or) Put severe restrictions (like 3 foreigners in the team, 3 players not formed in the club on the 11 who begins the game)

etc...

Sounds awesome, dream update. Good luck. Futhermore I suggest :

- To ban all transferts, and force every team to do a lifeban (but I suppose it's impossible).

- (Or) Ordrer geographical restrictions in transferts, like Athletic Bilbao who can take only Basks.

- (Or) Put severe restrictions (like 3 foreigners in the team, 3 players not formed in the club on the 11 who begins the game)

etc...

great idea !!! love that, only youth challenge

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the delay - started a new job that's been taking up a lot of my time. My plan is to release the DB once I've made edits for all players with 135 PA and above, or with a random PA of -7.5 to 10. That'll be ~6750 players back at their original clubs.

A preview of the teams that will be in the top tier of the super-league:

1. Barcelona

2. Sporting (POR)

3. Boca Juniors

4. Ajax

5. River Plate

6. Real Madrid

7. Newell's Old Boys

8. Sao Paulo

9. Santos

10. Benfica

11. Velez

Each of those teams has at least 25 players that I've moved back to the club so far, enough for a top-quality fully home-grown squad.

I'm moving players back to the first club in their player histories according to the database (usually the club they were at when they were 15 or 16). Messi moved when he was 14, and he doesn't have Rosario in his club history in the database, but you can feel free to move him when you download the db!

This is what Feyenoord and PSV look like with the changes I have made so far:

Feyenoord

1cQDWJB.png?1

PSV

g59HRsO.png?1

Some Stoke City Names:

GKs

Ben Foster

Dale Eve

DFs

Carl Dickinson

Matthew Hazley

Richard Keogh

Curtis Nelson

Ryan Shotton

Andy Wilkinson

Brian Wilson

MFs

Nathaniel Wedderburn

Adam Vass

Neil MacKenzie

Marc Goodfellow

Kris Commons

Karl Henry

Lewis Neal

Jimmy Phillips

Ollie Shenton

Steve Jagielka

STs

Louis Moult

Jermaine Palmer

Martin Paterson

Adam Rooney

All found on wikipedia, could be more

some for Man Utd

Foster

heaton

simpson

Zeki Fryers

Phil Bardsley

shawcross

wes brown

John O'Shea

Jonny Evans

Craig Cathcart

James Chester

Drinkwater

Tom Cleverley

Darron Gibson

Matty James

Darren Fletcher

Welbeck

Frazier Campbell

Tom Lawrence

Ben Foster doesn't count, we signed him from Stoke. Ron-Robert Zieler is one of ours however

Celtic...

Shay Given

David Marshall

Scott Fox

Stephen Crainey

Darren O'Dea

Stephen McManus

Charlie Mulgrew

Paul Caddis

Kieran Tierney

Rocco Quinn

Paul McGowan