How to get hold of FM16 in restricted countries?

kmtw

I am based in Taiwan so FM16 is unavailable on Steam for me. I'd like to buy a copy if possible but I am unsure where to get it, of course I could buy a copy but I obviously some stores won't ship here and can sega consider removing the restrictions for FM in Taiwan in the future? There are many expats here who know and enjoy the game.

I've been trying to stick with FM15 for now, but I've lost patience after it got a bit unrealistic. For some reason Jurgen Klopp declared interest for a position at Burnley who finished 17th even though he had just won the league with Liverpool :S

kmtw,

I live in Japan, and its not available in my steam store either. Usually, if it's not available in your store, even if you obtain a key elsewhere, Steam will likely not let you activate the game.

I took a chance and bought it elsewhere knowing that this might happen. And it did. It will throw you an error message when you try to activate it.

The way I activated it was through a VPN. I know it's not the best thing to do since there are rumours flying around about how your Steam account can be suspended, etc. but that didn't happen to me. Use at your own risk, obviously, but to be honest I wouldn't worry. The reason why is that if you buy FM16 from another site it'll likely be the RoW (Rest of the World) version and Steam will probably not target that. They look for Russian copies, etc. I can confirm that my version, upon activation, is indeed the RoW version.

Also, after you activate it, you no longer need the VPN.

kmtw,

I live in Japan, and its not available in my steam store either. Usually, if it's not available in your store, even if you obtain a key elsewhere, Steam will likely not let you activate the game.

I took a chance and bought it elsewhere knowing that this might happen. And it did. It will throw you an error message when you try to activate it.

The way I activated it was through a VPN. I know it's not the best thing to do since there are rumours flying around about how your Steam account can be suspended, etc. but that didn't happen to me. Use at your own risk, obviously, but to be honest I wouldn't worry. The reason why is that if you buy FM16 from another site it'll likely be the RoW (Rest of the World) version and Steam will probably not target that. They look for Russian copies, etc. I can confirm that my version, upon activation, is indeed the RoW version.

Also, after you activate it, you no longer need the VPN.

I'm in Myanmar and I just bought the code from FM Scout and had no issues whatsoever and am playing it right now.

Thanks everyone, sorry for the slow reply but I've been trying to finish my FM15 game and forgot about this :p

That's good to know, I was worried if I bought the key that the option would not be available.

Archived