[FM2016] German League Reform - The Fan's Choice

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g8f5xz9e9al5ysa/Ligareform.zip

Latest version is 2.36 from January 6th, 2016

xobryt8zx110mo66g.jpg

This is a Fantasy League, albeit one that's based on realistic proposals and very detailed. It is based on a compromise solution from various fan groups and is mainly aimed at improving things for the lower level teams. In Summary, the proposal can be reduced to three main components:

No B-Teams participate in the regular leagues

Abolition of the Third Division and Reintroduction of the three-tiered Regional Division

All Champions will be guaranteed a promotion spot.

The pyramid looks as follows:

Bundesliga

2. Bundesliga

3 Regional Divisions (Nord - West - Süd)

12 Oberligas (Hamburg/SH, Niedersachsen/Bremen, NOFV Nord, NOFV Süd, Westfalen, Niederrhein, Mittelrhein, Rheinland-Pfalz/Saar, Hessen, Baden-Württemberg, Bayern Nord, Bayern Süd)

21 Verbandsligas (Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Bremen, Niedersachsen, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Brandenburg, Berlin, Thüringen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Sachsen, Westfalen, Niederrhein, Mittelrhein, Rheinland, Südwest, Saarland, Hessen, Baden, Südbaden, Württemberg, Bayern)

The second division has three direct relegation spots, and the fourth team from the bottom participates in a playoff round with the three second-placed teams of the Regionalliga, with the winner gaining the right to play second division football the following year. The four bottom teams of each Regionalliga get relegated and the 12 Oberliga champions get promoted.

Below the Oberliga are 21 Verbandsliga competitions with a total of 31 divisions. Usually, only the champion gains promotion, but in Bavaria there’s an additional playoff round.

All leagues start out with 18 teams each, but the lower leagues are flexible in size and can range from 14 to 20 teams to adapt to regional demands. Even after simulating for many years, the regionalization is stable and teams do usually end up where they should.

The regional cups have been modeled accurately, with the right teams playing in their respective cups every year. The winners (and for some cups second placed teams) do qualify for the DFB Cup the following season.

The youth setup has been modeled after the real-life Under 19 League. The Bundesliga contains three groups, the Regionalliga nine, and the Oberliga 18. The U19 Oberliga is not modelled after real life but is instead composed of the best remaining youth teams that are not already playing in the Bundesliga or Regionalliga. This ensures that even newly promoted teams will have a youth team in a competitive league.

All teams have a regular Reserves team instead of the old B-Team. They are competing in a standard Reserves round like in England. There is no U21 or U23 team, only the Reserves and U19.

This is a long running project I started in FM14 and continued for FM16. It is meant for a long-term save and therefore pays attention to many details, such as correct ranking information (so that the board can correctly judge your position in the table), realistic prize money for regional cup winners, history entries, and a few awards for the lower leagues.

Works well with the long name fix from Meistertrainerforum.de and Susie's Realname Fixes, but it's possible that Regionalliga Süd shows up as Regionalliga Südwest instead, which shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Known Issues

1. Youth teams are almost empty at start of game

That's normal and can't be avoided. However, once you get to the first youth intake date (sometime in February or March) the teams will receive a batch of youth players and they tend to keep them around from then on.

2. Very few players in Reserves

Make sure you use the largest database size during setup and check the option for "Add Players to Playable Teams" (see installation instructions).

3. Youth Leagues not showing up in list of competitions

That's something I can't change. However, the youth leagues do show up when searching in the search bar (search for "Junioren")

4. Landesliga divisions showing up in list of competitions but are not playable

That is by design. The divisions have been rudimentary implemented to assist in proper regionalization, but they are inactive and not playable. Do NOT activate them later during the game. The game will let you do that but trust me when I say you don't want that.

5. Some divisions don't record champions to league history

That's the case for all competitions that consist of multiple groups because there can only be one overall competition winner.

Installation

Extract the file into the Editor Data folder in your user path ("My” Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2016 > Editor Data). Create the folder if it doesn’t exist. After starting the game, choose the additional file and make sure of the following settings:

"Do not Add Key Staff" is NOT checked

"Add Players to Playable Teams" IS checked

Database Size should be at least "Large" when playing with the Verbandsliga

la6www6yxp937dc4g.jpg

You can also add more players than that by selecting “Custom” for database size and choose all German players and all players based in Germany:

qpdi60qb6t25xl94g.jpg

will try this out.

do you think you will add more divisions (verbandsliga, landesliga, etc.) down the line?

Yes, I'm releasing one more version for just the Oberliga where I'm currently fixing some regionalization bugs, and after that I'll add the Verbandsliga. I will not go down further than that because I will not create actual clubs and only work with the ones that are in the database so that everything works well with other add-ons like logo packs and languages.

New and hopefully final version (at least for down to Oberliga) 0.81 released with the same download link.

- updated all remaining clubs to fix regional divisions and assign to the regional cups

- increased the number of clubs participating in the regional cups. All cups except Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and Sachsen-Anhalt have at least 5 rounds now, some have six.

- added regional Manager of the Year awards for lower league teams

Hey, great work! I have one question about German Cup. Did you change anything in qualifying to this competition (especially from lower leagues and regional cups)?

Yes, mostly the proper rules are applied in qualifying for the German Cup. All regional cup winners and some runner-ups qualify. There are a few simplifications, like I pick the Bavarian cup runner up as opposed to the best placed Bavarian amateur from the league for the second spot, but few people will notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, German lower leagues have a fairly long winter break because they don't require heated surfaces. Still there shouldn't be a need for so many matches in October & November - I can look into the scheduling.

Regarding the number of friendlies, that looks a bit much but not extremely out of the ordinary. I'll see if there's anything that can be fine-tuned.

I am still playing on you previous version but here are a couple of points:

=>No matter how the team has played, news reports always say that it has won one of last five games

=>I do not know if it is this patch or just the game, but wage budget does not change with promotion. I went from VL to 2.BL in three seasons, but wage budget is 9k, despite the guaranteed 700k prize money+200k sponsorship+450k fee of the first two rounds of dfb-pokal. I actually used FMRTE to increase the budget, though keeping it less in all 2.bl...

There is something wrong with German Cup. From season 2016/17 in first round some teams from lower leagues (up to Regionalliga) are playing against each other despite fact, that in real-life German Cup they can't do this.

Thank you, this is fixed now in the latest version (2.35)

=>No matter how the team has played, news reports always say that it has won one of last five games

=>I do not know if it is this patch or just the game, but wage budget does not change with promotion. I went from VL to 2.BL in three seasons, but wage budget is 9k

Neither of those issues should be related to this file, and I haven't experienced that myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Please check continental qualification rules. When both of finalists of German Cup are qualified to European cups from Bundesliga, the last team is qualifying randomly from the rest of German teams.

Thanks. It's a bit tricky, but I'm looking into how to fix this.

B team players are free.

B team players and steps move A team. -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/msrk5x886c94gsn/Ligareform+B+players.fmf

please refer. thanks.

Thank you very much. I've merged your changes for the next update. There were still a few people left assigned to Hamburg II that I also took care of.

Archived