Individual Training - Blast or Place shots

Hi everyone, I am setting up individual training for my strikers and notice there are multiple chat options to take for when wanting your strikers to improve on their finishing.

Does anyone know which talk you need to choose to make your stikers increase their finishing attribute. I"m stuck on these 2 not sure if they are it:

-Place his shots into the corner of the net

-Try to blast the ball into the back of the net

looking forward to your replys. Many thanks.

They're actually players preferred moves and don't actually increase attributes. What will happens is they'll learn a move. So in your example he would either learn to place his shots or tries powerful shots.

If you want to increase finishing put him on an individual focus for finishing.

The AI staff seem to suggest place shots for players with high technique, and blasts shots for players with high strength, so I'd go with that. But I'm slightly wary of giving blasts shots to strikers, you'd think it'd be more useful for shooting from far (and the other way around, you won't want players to try to place shots from too far out)

Just stumbled upon this and it is relevant to my save now because I have a TM type player with a finishing of 17 and was considering to make him learn a PPM - either Places Shots or Hits Shot with Power. I always relate the Places Shots with a player who is more technically gifted, so in the case of the TM, even though he has a great finishing, I am more leaning towards the powerful shot one instead of the "finesse" shot.

On the flip side, if you have a player that has lower finishing (around 12) would it be more beneficial to blast or place the shots? Would you again link it to how technical the player is and what he can pull off?

Archived