Sports Interactive Community
Decoomba

Game launches, but screen is just black

At first the game ran perfectly fine, but after I updated to a new version of Windows 10, at the date of 11.19, the screen just goes black whenever i launch the game.

What happens:

-I launch the game

-The app launches, but the screen is just black, (the PC is clearly working, but the screen just stays black)

I've tried uninstalling and installing and also updated my GE force - driver. (I updated the GE force driver after the problem occured)

Can you try reinstalling the game with your antivirus disabled, make sure you keep windows defender up though. Sometimes antivirus can corrupt files when they're installed, so it's worth trying.

That's the same problem I have after the big windows 10 update. What works for me is to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and choose task manager. The screen stays black but instead of a blue circle I get an arrow cursor. A press of the windows key then brings up the desktop with task manager up but FM on the toolbar. Close task manager and then a click on FM on the tool bar seems to start the game.

Rather than making a new post, I figured I'd reply to this instead. My problem is exactly as @PLatoe described in his post. All I get is a black screen when I launch the game. I follow the same steps as he does to get the game working, but it's just frustrating that I have to go through such roundabout methods to play the game. When I finally get the game working, it means I can't do anything else, as when I switch from the game to another application (like browse or something), when I switch back to the game, it's frozen and I can't do anything on it. I have to use the task manager to close the game. Sometimes, it's downright horrible, where I can't do anything on my laptop anymore because the game's full screen is interfering with everything. I can switch between programs with the task bar, but I can use them, like click on it (can't close the game with task manager as I can't click on it either). My only recourse is to restart my laptop.

It's just annoying that I haven't been able to enjoy the game since I got it over a week now.

I have tried all the steps in there. My graphics card is up to date, as is DirectX, .Net Framework and the whole lot. I had Raptr installed, but I have uninstalled it but the problem still persists.

I had the same issue on my laptop (on my desktop, it worked ok). The game would work if I pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL and then 'Cancel' - in that case, the game would come back and work fine. It's a Windows 10, i7, 8FB, SSD, nVidia 840M laptop, with no antivirus (only Windows Defender).

Please if everyone can have their own threads so we can keep track of individual users problems (even if they appear to be the same) it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry, didn't mean to clutter, my game works fine now on my laptop, too, only that initial startup was an issue and I wrote above how I got it to work, so maybe someone else can try the same. The game now works ok in windowed mode.