[FM16] Replicating Howard, From one Everton Legend to another.

Nadessico

“This is my family. As a fan, he was the best. When he went for the ball he got the ball.

He was just the best kind of midfield rock you could ever have...In 1981, he came home. He came back to us.

He believed. He truly believed... What he brought to us what extraordinary.

We loved him so very very much.

What made him the legend that he was? He understood us. He understood Everton. He loved the camaraderie, the team."

In Memory of Howard Kendall (22/5/1946 - 17/10/2015)

378328d1365021859-re-lighting-fire-elland-road-leeds-story-breaking-news.jpg

Good evening, welcome to Sky Sports news, i'm Jim White and we've got some breaking news coming out of Goodison Park. Roberto Martinez has left the club after a disagreement with Bill Kenwright over transfers funds and targets. Neither the club nor Roberto are wanting to discuss the matter at present but CEO Robert Earl has announced that 1st team coach Duncan Ferguson will be taking charge of the club for the foreseeable future.

200px-Everton_FC_logo.svg.png

Everton Football Club

Welcome to what is becoming my usual Everton save for FM 16. This year we lost a legend in Howard Kendall and so I was thinking of a way to honour him in this years story. I got the idea from forumer DavidBeckham to instead of playing as myself as manager, I added my self as a coach (basically just replacing Duncan Ferguson by name) and i'm going to play as Fergie himself. The goal? to replicate the legend by winning the Premiership twice, the FA Cup, and the charity shield 3 times.

With the European Cup Winner Cup no longer existing I'm replacing that goal with the one trophy Kendall never won, though many believe he would have if no for the ban on English clubs in Europe, the Champions League.

Duncan Ferguson

AXeMfwV.png

The Squad

The squad has been improved with the signings of Aaron Lennon, Gerrard Deulofeu, Tom Cleverley and Ramio Funes Mori and while we have plenty of youth to come though still, i feel the squad is still lacking a striker. With little cash to splash, my priorities are to keep the highly wanted Ross Barkley and John Stones and maybe loan a player or 2.

vOI74xP.png

WVTNkpk.png

An unbeaten pre-season for us which should hopefully give us momentum before the first match against Stoke. That's the good news. The bad news is we added to our injury list over pre-season losing Tim Howard for 2 months which leaves us entering the season without Deluofeau, Besic, Baines, Cleverley, Howard, Pienaar, Gibson and Mcgeady. Almost enough quality to field a 2nd team.

Transfers wise we've offloaded Oviedo to Stoke for £2.1mil but we still have no money to sign any quality players. There may be a few more departures yet but it's not looking good on the transfer side.

Objectives

Barclays Premier League: Top Half Finish

FA Cup: Sixth Round

Captial One Cup: Youth Training

Everton Football Club 2015/16 Pre-Season

keep us posted on this. im currently Everton myself starting season 3 with a bank balance of 70million :)

Keep Rulli (Argentinian keeper) and Zivkovic on the shortlist as I picked them up on frees as contracts were expiring and they are class.

Sold Ruli one season later for 37m and got Horn for 15 as a perfect replacement.

I did sell Lukaku for 66m and bought Embola as a replacement for 15.

Lucas Romero I nabbed for 5m, also a very smart purchase

if you can, sell Miralles an bring in Sisto for some decent profit.

Everton Football Club August/September 2015

433TsY7.png

Oh dear.... I don't think i've ever had such a bad start to a FM career. the injury issues didn't help one bit though. What's gone wrong? The fact up till the Newcastle match we were missing Baines, Besic, Cleverley, Coleman, Galloway, Gibson, Howard, Osman and Pienaar definatly didn't help. It also took me a few matches to tune the formation to work. Lukaku also seems to have forgotten how to score over the summer break.

So needless to say the 3-0 win away to Chlsea was a bit of a shock, Still hopefully it's a platform to build on and move us up the table at last.

8BbVM5d.png

Transfers

Out

Well if i wanted to sign some players, sacrifices needed to be made. Oviedo was first to go, as much as i like him he was 3rd choice to Baines and Galloway now. So he went off to Stoke for £2.1m. Next was McGeady who really hasn't done much for the club lately and was taking up precious income so he joins Bournemouth for £3m.

Next up is Naismith i tried to get a few million more for him but had to settle with a £4m fee as he moved to Benfica. We have one more transfer out, and it's not who you'd expect. Last out was captain Jagielka, Chelsea bid £3mil for him which not only gave me cash for an ageing player, it gave them someone else who wasn't John Stones.

In

Not too much in the way on incoming players, the main target for me was another striker, so in comes Charlie Austin for £7.75m, he'll be an alternative to Lukaku. Seconadly we signed a replacement CB for Jags, 27 year old Dede from Cruzeiro for £5m. He seems to have what it takes but will probably be behind Funes Mori at first.

Cheers guys, it may be a short career though :D

Everton Football Club October/November 2015

qKrkKa9.png

Well we're getting "better" I guess 2 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss, what's hurting was the lack of goals and the inability to defend late game. Austin and Kone got injured after the palace game so I've been stuck with the misfiring Lukaku. Thankfully, he does slowly seem to be finding his feat again, meanwhile Baines and Cleverley return while Stones has been kicking up a fuss. If the right bid comes i may just let him go. Still, 2 places and 10 points better off than last time.

2Ab18Yw.png

Tough start there! I realized that you can't transfer what you did on FM15 over to this version, and it's much harder to keep the ball. Adding 'retain possession' to my set of team instructions improved my defending a lot. You should try it!

Oh yes, and injuries are so much more prevalent too.

Will be following this with great interest as usual mate. Come on Big Dunc! :D

Grim start, but you'll survive this season and build on it. Stoke, Palace, Leicester, Bournemouth, West Brom and Sunderland should be the ones fighting over the relegation issue. A few decent signings and you'll soon push up the league. Rome wasn't built in a day :)

Tough start there! I realized that you can't transfer what you did on FM15 over to this version, and it's much harder to keep the ball. Adding 'retain possession' to my set of team instructions improved my defending a lot. You should try it!

Oh yes, and injuries are so much more prevalent too.

Will be following this with great interest as usual mate. Come on Big Dunc! :D

Yeah i need to work on my ball retaining, gone from 60% in 15 to 45% in this :D Doesn't help i'm having to play WB's Cause the FB can't defend :(

Grim start, but you'll survive this season and build on it. Stoke, Palace, Leicester, Bournemouth, West Brom and Sunderland should be the ones fighting over the relegation issue. A few decent signings and you'll soon push up the league. Rome wasn't built in a day :)

Hopefully a big bid will come in for stones to let me rebuild. As much as i love the guy, If he doesn't want to be here then sod him :D

Yeah i need to work on my ball retaining, gone from 60% in 15 to 45% in this :D Doesn't help i'm having to play WB's Cause the FB can't defend :(

Hopefully a big bid will come in for stones to let me rebuild. As much as i love the guy, If he doesn't want to be here then sod him :D

I'm having the same issue with about 20 players at Villa. It seems that them getting relegated last season (which led to my arrival) has left a lot of people unhappy. I am trying to hold on to my players, but if it's only one who wants out, get shot of him and bring in a replacement who wants to play for you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Everton Football Club December 2015/January 2016

3w3Wo1s.png

What a difference some confidence makes. Let's be honest, apart from the Sunderland and Liverpool results, we got what we were expected to get but still after the start we had I was over the moon, and it put us only a point outside Europe. I still felt we could be in the FA cup if Lukaku was fit at the time, but next month could be difficult as the Belgian is out for a month with injury.

fGFudyv.png

Transfers

Out

This was always going to be a difficult month, and relied on us selling player to buy anything. I went into the month fully expecting Stones to be gone, though i wasn't going to budge from my £45M asking price. Instead only 2 players left, both who were hogging up the wage bill as Barry and Osman left for Watford and Q.P.R, while Howard almost left but Chicago couldn't complete the deal.

In

With those 2 gone, we just about squeezed in enough funds to get in 2 players on loan. Asmir Begovic joins us from Chelsea and with us short on the wings we signed Leroy Sane from Schalke on loan too. We got one final bit of business done eventually, managing to bring in young midfielder Krisoffer Ajer from Start for £700k. He probably won't play this season but i'll hopefully try bringing him into the squad next season.

Oh and one last thing

8luCOpX.png

Everton Football Club February/March 2016

rHJqoom.png

In typical Everton fashion, it looks like after a terrible start we're finally found our legs, being unbeaten in the 2 months has moved us into the top 4 an while nothing is guaranteed still, I personally am aiming for United in 3rd. Austin seems to have found his feet at the club at last and Lukaku is scoring in 90% of his games but compared to those above us, our goal difference is in another league.

8xpa15M.png

Everton Football Club End of Season 2015/2016

WVmrdXE.png

It is done.... Thanks mainly to United choking at Stoke, Bournemouth and Leicester we still needed Barkleys 71st minute goal at Watford to take 3rd. He has been the player of the season for me and has to be my number one priority to keep next year if we are to continue to improve.

twjIBah.png

Team of the Year

So Barkley was the player of the year as well as our 3rd top goal scorer. Lukaku would have got his 20 easily if he'd not been injured and Charlie Austin hadn't been signed. still i'm more than happy with almost 30 goals between my 2 strikers. Stones performed a lot better at the end of the season after finally getting over the fact he wasn't leaving so next year key signings need to be a keeper, a backup CM and a winger with hopefully a young ST to give cover for Lukaku and Austin.

B3if5vF.png

Everton Football Club 2015/16 Pre-Season

Bd3bQAo.png

Results wise, it was a terrible pre-season but the key part of it i was concerned about is my first 11 are match fit, and i got a look at some of the young players.

Let's just hope we don't draw Barca in the group stages of the Champions League.

Objectives

Barclays Premier League: Europa League Qualification

Champions League: Reach first knockout

FA Cup: Sixth Round

Captial One Cup: Youth Training

Lineup

giMJVBc.png

Transfers

Out

We actually had a bit of cash to splash this year, mostly from sales again though. It's all change on the keeper front as Joel Robles follows Tim Howard out of Goodison for a £1M fee and young striker Leandro Rodriguez joins Brentford for £900k. Arouna Kone left on a free transfer, but the big loss was James McCarthy who joins City for £31M (which could rise to £40M), a fee i just couldn't reject.

In

A fair few new faces in the squad this Summer, First off our new 1st choice keeper Geronimo Rulli. The young Argentine signs on a free from Real Sociedad. Benjamin Stambouil joins on loan from PSG as McCarthy's replacement, with the option to buy if he impresses.

Tom Carroll joins on a free from fellow prem side Spurs while relgated Jack Butland joins as a rotational keeper from Stoke for £7M. Pione Sisto came for a fee of £5M from FC Midtjyland as a replacement for the retired Steven Pienaar.

Our final 3 signings were made with hopes for the future. Matthew Ketchell joins from MK Dons for 1.5M, a good hot prospect for between the goal. Aaron Haley joins from Crewe for a fee of 1.3M for the young midfielder. Finally Belgian Jason Eyenga-Lokilo joins from Crystal Palace for £725K

• 2 weeks later...

Archived