Sports Interactive Community
luka_

4-1-4-1 opinions, advice..

Yeah I was maybe thinking that teams were sitting back a bit more with us getting better and our reputation increasing. I was reading other people say that with counter, it was best not to have more than two roles on attack?

Also, what are people doing to restrict goals from crosses? I've moved the wingers back to MR/ML, set the full-backs to support, told them to sit wider, asked them to mark tighter and close down wingers more and nothing seems to work?

Is it a case of maybe changing my wide men to WM (maybe one support, one attack) so they shield the full backs more? It's becoming quite frustrating to see us conceded in the same way over and over again.

If you are encountering this bug, then there is nothing much you can do.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/440965-Unnecessary-Decisions-to-Double-Mark-Leaves-Acres-of-Space-Generally-Wonky-Defensive-Shape

I'm not too sure adding too many instructions may help you. It could disrupt your defensive team shape instead.

So i had many 0-0, 1-1, 0-1, 0-0 , pretty ineffectiv somehow after a good start. Even the counter taktik from http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/444680-The-Art-of-Counter-Attacking doesnt work for me, it was terrible.

So i changed my 4-1-4-1 into a 4-4-1-1

------------------GK---------------------

--CWB/a---CD/d---CD/d---FB-u---

------------------------------------------

---WM/a---CM/d---CM/s---WM/a------

----------------AM/a--------------------

----------------DLF/a-------------------

Standard, Fluid, Short passing, work into the box, fairly wider

and the Results are getting better. Maybe couse of the injurys or maybe couse of the creative freedom. beat westbrom 4-0 liverpool 4-2 - after 1 goal in 5 games this was a joy to watch.

Defensiv still stable but i felt i dont need a DM. Maybe i play 4-1-4-1 against the top teams.

How does the taktik work for you guys? All on counter?

well ,is there anyone who doesn't play counter ? :)

Yeah, they're all on the "good teams guide" playing 4-2-4's with attacking, push higher up, higher tempo, shorter passing, retain possession and fifty other shouts.

Over here, we seem to be a lot more slanted towards conservative mentalities. Possession football is quite popular it seems! ;)