DAWNBRINGER..........for FM16

It does get a lot of yellows but not too many - A few bans here and there but the tactic is still fantastic.

EDIT: As I typed this I had a player sent off for two yellows! Typical.

I think ideally you don't want a tactic that gives away too many fouls, cards aside, there is an element of handing over the initiative to your opponents by gifting them free kicks.

And the further down the leagues you go, as your defenders get worse at marking you could end up conceding a fair few goals from free kicks, not to mention from direct free kicks.

However, although you may be top of the yellow cards and fouls conceded, you will also likely be near the top of the 'tackles won' stat so there is quite a big upside.

One to ponder this.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worked well for me personally, but I had a completely mental amount of bans. Won the league but you need a strong squad because of all the bans. I also wasn't in the CL and played a 2nd set of players in the Europa and League cup.

854877c87c5c1b55f6101cf0a9e55a4a.png

Rose was brilliant, but 21 yellows and 2 red card in 35 starts! He must have missed 10+ games through suspensions.

f67aad026c1f454daf1e89db87854977.png

I've since turned get stuck in off and the tactic has really been hit hard. Going to turn get stuck in back on and just deal with the suspensions I think. It's a good tactic for sure, just a shame the AI gives so many yellows when you use get stuck in.

Still working on improving the tactic.

Re-worked the attacking set up and are pretty satisfied with what i've come up with.

I actually have an interesting problem in that i have 'a spare player' to find a home for, likely put to best use in a link role from defence to midfield.

I can't get the obvious roles to work properly, none of the DM roles are operating how i want, adding him to the midfield to form a 'three' seems to destabilise the tactic.

Which pretty much leaves me with playing a back 5.

I still need to find a way to bridge the gap centrally between defence and midfield, having 5 at the back means i can explore using ball playing defenders or even using a Libero or Sweeper.

New territory for me, but FM16 is a hard nut to crack....... i'm willing to try anything :brock:

(Also need to up date the Bournemouth season. Finished 12th on 48 points)

Still working on improving the tactic.

Re-worked the attacking set up and are pretty satisfied with what i've come up with.

I actually have an interesting problem in that i have 'a spare player' to find a home for, likely put to best use in a link role from defence to midfield.

I can't get the obvious roles to work properly, none of the DM roles are operating how i want, adding him to the midfield to form a 'three' seems to destabilise the tactic.

Which pretty much leaves me with playing a back 5.

I still need to find a way to bridge the gap centrally between defence and midfield, having 5 at the back means i can explore using ball playing defenders or even using a Libero or Sweeper.

New territory for me, but FM16 is a hard nut to crack....... i'm willing to try anything :brock:

Have you tried experimenting with 3DC and 2WB's?

I am having quite some success in the lower leagues with that.

Have you tried experimenting with 3DC and 2WB's?

I am having quite some success in the lower leagues with that.

Not yet.

Would consider moving the Left Full Back up to Wing Back, in fact will very likely try this if i bolster the defence with another player. Happy with the right Full Back supporting the RMD up the right flank and wouldn't mess with this.

Early testing would suggest 3 dc's are pretty effective, looking forward to exploring this (when i'm not working :mad:)

Not yet.

Would consider moving the Left Full Back up to Wing Back, in fact will very likely try this if i bolster the defence with another player. Happy with the right Full Back supporting the RMD up the right flank and wouldn't mess with this.

Early testing would suggest 3 dc's are pretty effective, looking forward to exploring this (when i'm not working :mad:)

Because I am playing league 1/2 where a good RMD is rare, I have focused on having both my WB being an attacking force. I admit I stole your 2 x BWM idea to act as additional defensive cover for the fact the WB might be well upfield if a counter attack occurs.

So far in my second season using this tactic, I have one of the meanest defences and the best attacks.

Not yet.

If you are in any doubt, go take a look in the Hull thread in GPGT, you'll see a chap who was fearing the sack that switched to 5-3-2 half way through the season and ended up winning the FA Cup.

Bonkers.

Bluespurs. I have not yet released it as I am wanting to get a full season out of it before deciding if it is good to go.

I do have a thread in the tactics discussion forum which shows the TI and PI if you want to build it up yourself.

An update on my season so far , i find the tactic too inconsistent and quite poor defensively seem to lose at 1 goal evey game and lose to the weaker teams in the division, I know its probably not set up for scottish football but i have one of the better teams and i am struggling to get above mid table in the league

@ Uwe Rösler: Any chance you're doing a more balanced tactic in the next couple of weeks/months? I remember from FM14 that I really enjoyed your tactics and their respective threads but I just don't like these unbalanced formations...

Yeah, got something cooking that's a lot a more solid.

Check your inbox.

Yeah, got something cooking that's a lot a more solid.

Check your inbox.

Hey, any chance you can share with me please? I'm four seasons in with my Wolves save and have a really good team, only problem is the tactic! I'll report feedback to you and should be able to cover a season or two by the weekend. Cheers! :thup: Always used your tactics in previous FMs

Hey, any chance you can share with me please? I'm four seasons in with my Wolves save and have a really good team, only problem is the tactic! I'll report feedback to you and should be able to cover a season or two by the weekend. Cheers! :thup: Always used your tactics in previous FMs

keep going mate

im going back to fm15 until you rescue this one for me as well

having problems with the dawnbringer tactic as well

cant seem to get that balance

not sure asymmetric will ever work on this fm16 set up

keep going mate

im going back to fm15 until you rescue this one for me as well

having problems with the dawnbringer tactic as well

cant seem to get that balance

not sure asymmetric will ever work on this fm16 set up

Looks like i might have jumped the gun a bit with this.

2 good seasons in the Prem is obviously not a big enough test.

Got something new thats looking good, a more defensive approach might be the way forward this year, but the downside to this approach is you draw a few more games than you'd ideally like and i'm 'only' averaging 2 goals a game at the moment (although conceding very few goals).

Its a bit boring, but we might have to be a bit more pragmatic this year :brock:

I'll be testing any tactic non-league from now on before release which means everything will take a bit longer........

I've started using this tactic with my Villa save & its turned the season around for me.

Once I can get the 1st season done with and the shackles get taken off in terms of finances for me I'm sure I'll go on with some strength on this tactic.

Long term the tactic has let me down.

Played 3/4 of the 1st season, kept Villa up and got some decent results.

Bought in some pretty good players to start rebuilding and I can't string anything together.

I'm crying out for a really good tactic and this 1 doesn't do it for me.

Wish I had half a brain to try and make my own.

OK,

This tactic doesn't seem to have worked out to well.

However, been working on a 451, got a few versions and their all pretty solid, but with family, job etc I can't put all the hours in myself to test every variable.

So I think the version below has the best balance between attack and defence.

Would appreciate some feedback if some of you could give it a run :thup:

KoqrnUA.jpg

DOWNLOAD

https://www.mediafire.com/?jluc91dxblbb36z

Still testing myself, a work in progress but pretty sure final version will be close to this.

OK,

This tactic doesn't seem to have worked out to well.

However, been working on a 451, got a few versions and their all pretty solid, but with family, job etc I can't put all the hours in myself to test every variable.

So I think the version below has the best balance between attack and defence.

Would appreciate some feedback if some of you could give it a run :thup:

KoqrnUA.jpg

DOWNLOAD

https://www.mediafire.com/?jluc91dxblbb36z

Still testing myself, a work in progress but pretty sure final version will be close to this.

Played one match with this, and it brought sexy football to Macclesfield (FMT, so no need to adapt). Genuinely a delight to watch. Sure, a 1-0 win at home, but I'm 20th and opposition are 3rd. Had no wobbles defensively, and better midfielders would see it even better up front.

Played one match with this, and it brought sexy football to Macclesfield (FMT, so no need to adapt). Genuinely a delight to watch. Sure, a 1-0 win at home, but I'm 20th and opposition are 3rd. Had no wobbles defensively, and better midfielders would see it even better up front.

Thanks for that, interested to see lower league results.

Kinda same, played against the first team of the D5, they have 19 points in 7 games, 6 victories and 1 draw thus.

I won 2-1, with 15 shots for me but only 2 on target... Could it be my team ? They however shot 4 times with 3 on target... So I think it is working good.

what sort of attributes do you want from the wide midfielder

where would you guys suggest playing someone like coutinho

If you look at the duties you can see the team shape moves to a 4231 when attacking.

The wide midfielders are instructed to behave like Inside Forwards so i'd look for acceleration, dribbling, finishing.

Countinho would be ideal for wide midfield left or the central midfield role on attack duty.

I've used your previous tactics with great success but playing using touch and don't seem or know if I can download your tactic. If possible could you post team instructions and player instructions please.

Team Instructions.

h2lrjOe.jpg

All the player instructions are the default ones except the wide midfield left & right who are set up as below.

And its Standard/Structured

ZgPtiLL.jpg

+ I think GK distribute to full backs.

As promised I'll help out testing over the weekend, so I'll give it a go with Ajax.

One question even before I start testing: When you want a player (the 2 Wide Mids) to cut inside, isn't it a bit contradicting to also tell him to sit narrower? I mean, to be able to cut inside you have to start at the outside. If you're already lined up close to the middle there won't be enough space to cut in to.

As promised I'll help out testing over the weekend, so I'll give it a go with Ajax.

One question even before I start testing: When you want a player (the 2 Wide Mids) to cut inside, isn't it a bit contradicting to also tell him to sit narrower? I mean, to be able to cut inside you have to start at the outside. If you're already lined up close to the middle there won't be enough space to cut in to.

Thanks burnum.

As we have 5 across midfield they are starting from a very wide position, wanted to give them a 'nudge' towards the centre of the pitch. The players inside them are defensive minded so are well out of their way, also wanted to ensure there was space for the Full Backs to overlap.

This tactic is different than the one I sent a few days ago by the way.

I've done like 20 games, it works great when I play at home but can't win when I'm away... And it is the same plot over and over. I always shoot more than my opponent (home and away) but can't score. Them however score always. I've never done a clean sheet of the whole season

I've done like 20 games, it works great when I play at home but can't win when I'm away... And it is the same plot over and over. I always shoot more than my opponent (home and away) but can't score. Them however score always. I've never done a clean sheet of the whole season

Which team?

Thanks for that.

Its a 'safety first' tactic, i.e. might be a few ugly 1-0 wins but i'm putting long unbeaten runs together with teams at all levels.

I've tweaked a couple of things which seems to have helped goal scoring slightly.

Striker is now Deep Lying Forward/Attack.

Added 'roam from position' to central midfield/attack.

Very, very tempted to push the Central Midfield role to AMC position (not sure which role) and go 4411 but really don't want to lose the defensive solidity.

Thanks for that.

Its a 'safety first' tactic, i.e. might be a few ugly 1-0 wins but i'm putting long unbeaten runs together with teams at all levels.

I've tweaked a couple of things which seems to have helped goal scoring slightly.

Striker is now Deep Lying Forward/Attack.

Added 'roam from position' to central midfield/attack.

Very, very tempted to push the Central Midfield role to AMC position (not sure which role) and go 4411 but really don't want to lose the defensive solidity.

First match with these changes - win 3-1!

Archived