FM16: Chelsea FC - Champions of England, We Know What We Are!

PitchPosh

So after an initial save where I made all the screw ups and use it as my tester save. I have started a new- hopefully long term save with Chelsea. One thing I have realised in this version of the game is the importance of overloading an area of the pitch and using match reports or just checking the team sheet of the opposition pre match, then applying instructions based on that. For example they have a weak center back on the right - play down the right and aim balls to the strong striker at near post. Tried that in last years version and didnt work very well. However, works a lot better in this years version. Will update on signing etc. as soon as pre-season is done.

I've just recently started my first official save after doing my beta research. That's an interesting observation and definitely worth looking into! Heading back home after a little vacation, so I'll be looking to finally finish the opening post as well.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just recently started my first official save after doing my beta research. That's an interesting observation and definitely worth looking into! Heading back home after a little vacation, so I'll be looking to finally finish the opening post as well.

Its not going too badly at the moment. Will hopefully have an update soon when life gives me a chance.

kabrr4d.png

Heya guys this is what the team looks like at the moment:

GK-Courtois/Begovic

DL-Rahman/Adriano/Kenedy

DC-Cahill/Terry

DC-Zouma/Dijibodji (or Bodji as I call him)

DR-Azpilicueta/Ivanovic/Adriano/Ramires

DM-Matic/Obi Mikel/Ramires/Romero

MCL-Oscar/Romero/Ramires/Romero

MCR-Fabregas/Oscar/Willian/Romero

AML-Hazard/Pedro/Costa

AMR-Willian/Kenedy/Barbosa

St-Costa/Remy/Falcao/Barbosa/Kenedy-Depends what style of striker I am looking for and the team we are playing

Pedro isnt happy because he cant get into the team ahead of Hazard and Willian. Even though he would get a lot of football by the end of the season as I rotate a lot. Looks like he will go and seems like Monaco are sniffing about. Obi Mikel wants a new challenge and I said I would decide if he would leave or not and he was not happy. Well guess I will get rid of him after all.

As you would have noticed I have brought in Barbosa, Romero and Adriano. Ajer was brought in but has gone out on loan. May bring him back in January since Mikel is moaping. I also bought a few young Belgians too.

Ivanovic has been very good when he has played but unfortunatley he keeps getting injured. So I have decided to sign Mario Fernandes and he looks really good. He is going to push Dave all the way!

William is playing ok for me but not consistent on my save. He is 27 and PSG came in with a 37mil offer which i accepted immediately as he has became more of a fringe player. To also reduce squad wages as he is an expensive backup (85k wages). Younger players like kenedy and bought luan and berardi for the right wing.

Has anyone else tried Kennedy as a striker? I'm in my 2nd season and he's currently keeping Costa out the side, valued over 30 Mil!

His goal to game ratio is impressive, lives a volley and a powerful finish!

Let me know your experiences.

I too am in 2nd season and have given Kennedy chances as striker (and AML/R). For me his chance conversion is awful and he has only just scored 1st competitive goal! Only valued at £8.25 m on my save.....maybe you have developed.deployed him better.

I sold Costa and Cuadrado at end 1st season - got c £55m and £40m respectively. Fans happy with decisions as Costa didn't perform well in 1st season. Also offloading Ivanovich and Cahill - fed up with their moaning! Fabregas could follow if he starts moaning again........Begovic went early 1st season for same reason.......Planning to give some youngsters a chance and starting to play Christensen now with Terry nearing the end.....he is impressing so far. Chalobah, Lewis Baker and Kalas also in 1st team squad for 2nd season.

How good is Willian? He's transfer listed for 20 mill start of the second season In my game

I find he's an excellent team player and can create some great chances, but will let you down with his finishing. He lacks that killer instinct and I have had him miss CCC's many times.

Soooooo now into my 3rd Season with Chelsea. Last season being a pretty poor one much like the one we are having in real life. Kept my job just because i won the FA Cup. Came 3rd in Prem and Lost to Athletico in the CL 1st Knockout Round. So i decided to overhaul the team. Gabriel Barbosa was a shining light for me last season and has pretty much turned into a Neymar like player capable of playing wide or down the middle but im finding he is a cracking AMR. So i sold off the likes of Diego Costa (Legs went) Willian (Under performed last season) and bought in Neymar thinking as a striker he could still perform top notch. However im finding some problems. Neymar is what i thought he would be... As a striker anyway. I am trying to mould things though with my team as....

GK) Courtois

RB) Azpilicueta

CB) Stones

CB) Zouma

LB) Baba Rahman

CM) Pogba

CM) Ramires

AMR) Gabriel Barbosa

AMC) Bernardo Silva or Gotze

AML) Hazard

ST) Neymar or Martial

Not bad on paper and is doing well this season but i just feel it could do better. Also been playing with Gabriel Barbosa as the ST and Hazard switching to AMR and Neymar as the AML. Although Hazards VERY inconsistant at AMR.

Soooooo now into my 3rd Season with Chelsea. Last season being a pretty poor one much like the one we are having in real life. Kept my job just because i won the FA Cup. Came 3rd in Prem and Lost to Athletico in the CL 1st Knockout Round. So i decided to overhaul the team. Gabriel Barbosa was a shining light for me last season and has pretty much turned into a Neymar like player capable of playing wide or down the middle but im finding he is a cracking AMR. So i sold off the likes of Diego Costa (Legs went) Willian (Under performed last season) and bought in Neymar thinking as a striker he could still perform top notch. However im finding some problems. Neymar is what i thought he would be... As a striker anyway. I am trying to mould things though with my team as....

GK) Courtois

RB) Azpilicueta

CB) Stones

CB) Zouma

LB) Baba Rahman

CM) Pogba

CM) Ramires

AMR) Gabriel Barbosa

AMC) Bernardo Silva or Gotze

AML) Hazard

ST) Neymar or Martial

Not bad on paper and is doing well this season but i just feel it could do better. Also been playing with Gabriel Barbosa as the ST and Hazard switching to AMR and Neymar as the AML. Although Hazards VERY inconsistant at AMR.

That's some serious attacking firepower you have there! How's Ramires been playing for you? Surprised he's been able to keep his name on a team sheet that looks as good as yours.

That's some serious attacking firepower you have there! How's Ramires been playing for you? Surprised he's been able to keep his name on a team sheet that looks as good as yours.

Yeah i love a good fast attack with the ability to run at defenders from all sides. Trying to sell Gotze and buy Odegaard atm. Ramires has been my unsung hero! i play him as pretty much a dogs body with short passing no roaming. He litterally just mops up and frees pogba todo the dictating from deep. I like Ramires's workrate ,Stamina and Pace which is pretty handy for a holding CM but tbf if i could replace him with someone i like i would but theres a serious lack in Defencive minded CM's the only other alternative i fancy is Kramer. Ive already got Sven Bender on the bench if Rami is out for a while.

Just had to replace Ramires with Kramer. Was always going to happen Rami got sent off and lost me the champions league final so granted him his wish to return to Cruziero to see out his Career. Ive just finished my last season with some astonishing stats with Martial getting 49 in 47 Games, Barbosa 27 in 51 ,Hazard 29 in 47 ,Neymar 22 in 25. Goals galore!!!

I have found Willian to be very good. Ramires has over performed in my expectation so far this season. Kenedy has done well for a youngster and I think he will be a started in a season or two (20-21). About the time when Willian hits his 30s. I am waiting for the big offers to come in since most of my squad have ridiculous ratings. Lets hope it continues.

My young Chelsea players must love March:

d0osAQ0.png

I have found Willian to be very good. Ramires has over performed in my expectation so far this season. Kenedy has done well for a youngster and I think he will be a started in a season or two (20-21). About the time when Willian hits his 30s. I am waiting for the big offers to come in since most of my squad have ridiculous ratings. Lets hope it continues.

My young Chelsea players must love March:

d0osAQ0.png

Honestly i think Barbosa is a class act and a must buy! Even more so on this than FM15! I play him AMR and hes been a class apart! Lethal!

The Premier League:

We stormed the premier league with the most goals scored (81) and the least goals conceded(24) as a team. We also had the most passed competed (81%) and the best avg. possession (57.32%). We didn't get an undefeated season but we did go on an 18 match unbeaten run. Winning the league with 96 points and Man City coming 2nd with 74 points.

Eden was by far our star player in the premier league with a avg. rating of 7.47, 19 goals (148.1 avg min/goal) 73 team goals (highest in the league), 7 assists 6 POMs.

Capitol One Cup

We won the the Capitol one cup with Remy as the top goalscorer with 5 goals-before he threw a strop about not getting enough football. However it was used to give the fringe players and youngsters more opportunity of first team football. If they impressed they got a shot against a weaker prem team.

FA Cup and Europe

We were poor in both these competitions and next season these will be seen as a key focus of mine.

Over all we were good with 3 trophies including the community shield but with a squad I believe will be the best in the league next season and some talented players coming into rival the big names in our squad. It is going to be a brutal season. If you havent got what it takes to compete and get in your spot then you will leave. Simple. Kind of what I believe we currently lack in real life. Another update to come shortly.

Player stats (will be going into more depth in next update):

DZfMyMa.png

Honestly i think Barbosa is a class act and a must buy! Even more so on this than FM15! I play him AMR and hes been a class apart! Lethal!

He hasn't quite kicked off just yet but I have a feeling he is going to rip the league to shreds next season.

Good looking season you had there Natedog! It will be hard to improve upon that one without winning the elusive Champions League!

I'm struggling for a tactic at the moment. It seems like everything I try works for a string of games, then falls off horribly. It's kind of refreshing, though, seeing as the previous versions of FM could be figured out quite easily. I'm really enjoying the challenge.

Oh dear.. he's gone...

Are you guys doing better?

It really needed to happen. Funny that he's the second manager in recent history to do a double and get the sack the following season. Now we'll probably have another manager here for a second stint in Ancelotti or Hiddink. We'll see what happens!

I would plump for Zola for 6 months. Absolutely nothing to lose, wont get relegated and wont get into Europe? Club legend, would be on a relatively low wage and players would enjoy his attacking mentality along with the fact he would gave 110% for that club.

Granted he has not had a great managerial record to date but with this squad I believe he would do no worse than odds on favourite Hiddink.

Like I say absolutely nothing to lose for Roman.

Thoughts Chelsea fans?

I would plump for Zola for 6 months. Absolutely nothing to lose, wont get relegated and wont get into Europe? Club legend, would be on a relatively low wage and players would enjoy his attacking mentality along with the fact he would gave 110% for that club.

Granted he has not had a great managerial record to date but with this squad I believe he would do no worse than odds on favourite Hiddink.

Like I say absolutely nothing to lose for Roman.

Thoughts Chelsea fans?

You know, I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. Like you said, it would be really tough to do poorly with this squad (with a manger they actually want to play for).

Good looking season you had there Natedog! It will be hard to improve upon that one without winning the elusive Champions League!

I'm struggling for a tactic at the moment. It seems like everything I try works for a string of games, then falls off horribly. It's kind of refreshing, though, seeing as the previous versions of FM could be figured out quite easily. I'm really enjoying the challenge.

It hasnt started off too badly in the pre season so far. So lets hope we can go on and get that Champs League trophy! Keep at it, you will find a tactic that with a few adjustments to the opposition will suite the players and get you where you need to be.

In line with Mourinho's sacking. I knew it was coming but doesn't mean I am or have to be happy about it. The guy is a winner and will always be a winner. I believe his down fall was moving away from what worked last season but I am also a little annoyed with some of the big name players for letting him and us down on the pitch. I would love to have Carlo back. The goals we scored (wasn't it a record breaking goal scoring season) under him were sensational. Hiddink did a great job as well though. How about the high flying mini mourinho, AVB, who didnt really get a fair chance? Interesting look at the stats from all our previous managers.

Guest El Payaso
You know, I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. Like you said, it would be really tough to do poorly with this squad (with a manger they actually want to play for).

This is completely off topic but we don't know what has happened behind the scenes and you cannot say for sure that "players not playing for the manager" is true or the main reason.

In terms of quality of play: Chelsea have played quite poor football ever since the double winning season 09/10 and even in last season only the beginning was really good attacking play. The Priemier league last season just was quite poor and has been declining for years.

By playing attacking football Chelsea can say goodbye also to the CL trophy

This is completely off topic but we don't know what has happened behind the scenes and you cannot say for sure that "players not playing for the manager" is true or the main reason.

In terms of quality of play: Chelsea have played quite poor football ever since the double winning season 09/10 and even in last season only the beginning was really good attacking play. The Priemier league last season just was quite poor and has been declining for years.

By playing attacking football Chelsea can say goodbye also to the CL trophy

As much as I agree with some of the sentiment you stated i.e. we dont know what has gone behind the scenes and we played good attacking football at beginning of last season. However, I would not call Chelsea's football of last season poor. We had to go more defensive/counter attacking due to injuries to some big name players AND it worked. We won the double. This could perhaps suggest we should have had a bigger squad available to us last season and this season but by no means would I say that playing attacking football will lead to losing. Like you said were playing great attacking football at the beginning of last season, winning games and looking really good.

BTW just incase this text taken out of context or seen as an argument. It is not :) just my 2 cents as a Chelsea fan. We all want our team to do the best we can.

Ive kinda gave in to my boards demands of playing passing football so ive had to have a last minute reshuffle in strategy. I originally set my team up as a direct attacking team in a 4-2-3-1 with a team of Courtois, Azpilicueta ,Stones ,Zouma ,Baba ,Kramer ,Pogba ,Barbosa/Hazard ,Bernardo Silva/Odegaard ,Hazard/Neymar ,Martial/Lukaku . Now ive gone for a passing team with Neymar as my False 9 and Martial wide left or Hazard but hes been out injured so havent been able to test with him in. Now in my 6th Season just starting too having won 2 Champions Leagues sofar (Get stupidly unlucky with redcards in knockout stages) and 3 Premier League titles and 3 Cup wins sofar. Im finding Man Utd pretty darn competative sofar with Depay killing the league so ive brought him in to hopefully sell Lukaku and have my Tiki Taka approach.

MY TEAM:-

Goalkeepers

Thibault Courtois

Alex Smithies

Defenders

Cesar Azpilicueta

Serge Aurier

Baba Rahman

Andreas Christiensen

Kurt Zouma

John Stones

Eric Becker (Beasty Regen LB)

Midfielders

Christoph Kramer

Ignacio Camacho

Paul Pogba

Youri Tielemans

Igor Kasunic (Beasty deep playmaker regen)

Bernardo Silva

Martin Odegaard

Andre Dozzell

Attackers

Neymar

Eden Hazard

Gabriel Barbosa

Anthony Martial

Romelu Lukaku

Lamine Diouf (Sick AMR Regen)

Memphis Depay (Coming in January paid through the roof)

Team and Player awards 2015/16 Season:

Manager of the year:

http://imgur.com/2zUCY3y

Players player of the year:

http://imgur.com/cA61kMP

Chelsea players in team of the year:

http://imgur.com/GXqywzh

Chelsea end of season awards:

http://imgur.com/xtc6l7s

So as you can see, when it comes to player recognition, we had some really good performances from our team and the lads. It was great to get manager of the year, which was my first time I have won it in FM15, so that was nice.

My under rated player of the season goes to Adriano and Ramires who were excellent. The former coming second in the goal of the season in which he jinxed passed 3-4 players from deep and blasts a curving shot into the opposite corner of the net. I actually went nuts! Daniel Alves would have been happy with that! Ramires was amazing when he stepped in and was great when we needed a bit of grit away from home or against the big boys where we needed a bit more battle in the middle.

My signing of the season and in agreement with the fans... Mario Fernandes. The guys was amazing and I have only played with 1 right back better than him, that guy who plays for Barcelona, what's his name again... oh yeah Dani Alves. In fact that is why I went Fernandes. He just has a bit more height in defense.

Star player is a tough one because Willian was amazing and so was Hazard. I am going for Willian and as you will see it was really hard to say goodbye to him but with the offer I got, I had to say yes.

The start of 2016/17:

Transfers in:

dEkglyK.png

Total: 89.1 mill

Transfers out:

1H4lAGr.png

XfLDwCB.png

Bazoer also went loan after I made a late decision before the window closed.

Total: 110 mill

Squad:

GK-Courtois/Begovic

DL-Dave/Rahman/Adriano

DCL-Cahill/Omeruo/Dibodji

DCR-Zouma/Christensen/Dibodji

DR-Fernandes/Dave/Manea

DM-Matic/Maia/Ramires

MCL-Oscar/Ramires/Romero

MCR-Fabregas/Sigurosson/Romero

AML-Hazard/Piazon/Barbosa

AMR-Cuadrado/Kenedy/Barbosa

STC-Costa/Lukaku/Barbosa

Pre Season:

0Wkbmwd.png

So far so good. Lets see if we can maintain it.

It's strange but due to what's going on with the club at the moment, I have simply no desire to manage as Chelsea again at the moment. Feel I'm too annoyed with the bad attitude and crap performances that we are having to put up with. Everybody enjoying the game still tho? Is there any chance in just bringing the youth through and playing/building them up instead of going out and signing loads of players?

It's strange but due to what's going on with the club at the moment, I have simply no desire to manage as Chelsea again at the moment. Feel I'm too annoyed with the bad attitude and crap performances that we are having to put up with. Everybody enjoying the game still tho? Is there any chance in just bringing the youth through and playing/building them up instead of going out and signing loads of players?

I feel the same way. I have a really enjoyable Leeds save at the moment and given what's going on w/ the club I feel like I can't get a solid FM save going until we make some improvements. I think there's definitely enough potential in the younger players to bring them through instead of dipping into the transfer market regularly. Van Ginkel, Chalobah, Christensen, Nathan, and Traore come to mind, while you already have Loftus-Cheek and Kenedy in the first team squad.

2021-2022 Season 7 Years on

Team and Tactics

Tactics_zps31rtgvph.jpg

So now i am getting to the point where Regens are coming through as you can see on my team above! With both of my fullbacks being regens. The majority of my save my main front 3 has been the same 3 Amigos! Neymar ,Martial and Barbosa. Hazard has just never quite hit the heights he did for me on FM15 sadly so he comes in and out of my team with a fairly consistent rotation of Neymar ,Martial ,Barbosa ,Hazard ,Depay and Odegaard. The first couple of seasons i played 4-2-3-1 With a fast direct style of play. This won matches and titles but didnt please the fans or the board apparently so ive been playing around for the last 4 seasons on a Short Possession based passing tactic with the above formation. Its going slowly but its getting better however i still find players doing their own thing 40% of the time but its still bringing results and i have the team to play pretty much anything i want. Below are my 3 main guys stats.

Anthony Martial

Martial_zpsiggwucgz.jpg

Has been a pure goal machine ive been able to rely on whenever. I play him as a complete forward with the freedom to run at people all day long and scare defenders.

Neymar

Neymar_zps4flq1tyz.jpg

Cost me an arm and a leg and pushed my financial limits massively and i originally bought him to play in the Messi false 9 role. But with Martial performing the way he has been and Hazard being hot and cold Neymar nicked the AML position from his mits. Been superb and brought the class i needed to dominate every competition i have been in. Real cutting edge when i need it.

Gabriel Barbosa

Barbosa_zpstdv9sbyz.jpg

Has played wherever ive needed in the front line since the very start. Originally bought as a striker but then i had an idea of playing him out wide. Been superb and bought goals at crucial moments against the big boys in the champions league!

Season sofar

2015-12-23_00009_zps3unjldjl.jpg

Its been all plain sailing sofar this season and hopefully ill do a clean sweep! Just demolished Arsenal in my last game 2-0 with goals from Bernardo Silva and Memphis Depay. Will let you know how things go!

xDieArdUk that is one hell of a team. I plan to have a save with a dream team emphasis but on this save I am trying to play as If I were in charge of the club and trying to be a bit more, not sensible, but perhaps realistic? Anyway great team and have to agree that Barbosa is a beast!

xDieArdUk that is one hell of a team. I plan to have a save with a dream team emphasis but on this save I am trying to play as If I were in charge of the club and trying to be a bit more, not sensible, but perhaps realistic? Anyway great team and have to agree that Barbosa is a beast!

Its a really good save ive done tbf and the clubs doing really well financially too ive still got 70mill in the bank to spend but its a case of where do you improve now? the academy is something i really wanna focus on but the youths just not quite there yet and buying 17 year olds is sooo pricey! Its weird now with Barbosa because Odegaard has become insane at AMR too now so its a toss up between the 2 really.

Quite the squad you have there, DieArd! I fired up my first official save with the club right before I left home for the holidays. Brought my work laptop with me with no FM installed so I'll be getting some time in once I arrive back today.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is thinking of releasing Branislav Ivanovic at the end of the first season, I highly recommend promoting and holding onto Christian Manea for the second term. His stats aren't dazzling but he performs incredibly well. After an injury to Dave, I chucked him in and he has been class.

I would also recommend buying Andrew Robertson for the other side if you want backup for Baba. You end up having a nice problem not knowing who to choose because they're both very good.

I ended up selling Ivanovic for his value to Man Utd in the first window and brought in Mario from Villareal for a little over £8m. As the preseason has been going on he's performed really well and it frees up Dave to play on the left side if needed. Haven't had much of a chance to fire up FM recently as I've been busy with RL stuff. Found a tactic that seems to work pretty well, though, so I'm interested to see how much I can achieve in the first season.

Just started my Chelsea save 3 games in and joint top of the league with spurs everton city and united playing a 4-2-3-1 formation Control/Fluid.

GK. Courtois

RB. Ivanovic/Walker (FB)

CB. Stones/Cahill (CD)

CB. Zouma/Terry (LD)

LB. Dave/Baba (FB)

CM. Matic/Christensen (BWM)

CM. Cesc/Pogba (DLP)

RW. Pedro/Willan (RDM)

CAM. Reus/Oscar (SS)

LW. Hazard/Luan (RDM)

ST. Barbosa/Alcácer (F9)

Also training Costa to play as a SS aswell and when he playes up front he's a Complete forward

Players in that have been loaned back out

Clough (Sunderland)

Cook (Newcastle)

Ristic (Ajaccio) WP Loan Deal

Zivkovic (Lille)

Kyei (Rangers) 2 Year Loan deal

Fischer (Celtic)

Mammana (Saint-Etienne)

Other Loans

Traore (Middlesbrough)

Kenedy (Stade Rennais)

Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Aberdeen)

Just finished my fourth season in charge of chelsea won two premier league titles and two fa cups.struggling to attract anyone who will improve my first team now as the furthest ive got in the champions league is the 1/4 finals.

Team is:

Gk-Courtois

Rb-aspilicueta/Robert(French regen

Cb- de vrij and zouma

Lb-Jorge

Cm-Matic and hojbjerg

Rw-berardi

Cam-James/gotze

Lw-malcom

Fw-lukaku

Lukaku has been with the club 2 1/2 seasons and scored 100 goals. He scored 45 last season alone. Ive got £145m transfer budget left but no one who will improve my first team wants to join.

Just finished my fourth season in charge of chelsea won two premier league titles and two fa cups.struggling to attract anyone who will improve my first team now as the furthest ive got in the champions league is the 1/4 finals.

Team is:

Gk-Courtois

Rb-aspilicueta/Robert(French regen

Cb- de vrij and zouma

Lb-Jorge

Cm-Matic and hojbjerg

Rw-berardi

Cam-James/gotze

Lw-malcom

Fw-lukaku

Lukaku has been with the club 2 1/2 seasons and scored 100 goals. He scored 45 last season alone. Ive got £145m transfer budget left but no one who will improve my first team wants to join.

Seems like you have a pretty solid squad there, only world class players would improve from there. What happened to Hazard?!

Hazard was nearly 30 and each season Id had him he was out for at least month.psg came in post season and offered 58m for him so decided to sell him.

That's fair enough, looks like you brought in enough quality that he won't be missed too much. Decent price for him at 30 as well.

Anyone tried a save with Chelsea where you bring the young players through like Boga, Ake, Baker etc.

I've tried to do that in my save so far. Third season in, Chalobah and Lofus-Cheek are first team regulars. Manea is back up to Dave at right back, Bamford (he scored four in seven in the league last season) is a striking option behind Lukaku.

Lucas Piazon, Lewis Baker and Dominic Solanke are all in and around the first team too.

Archived