FM16: Chelsea FC - Champions of England, We Know What We Are!

PitchPosh

Anyone tried a save with Chelsea where you bring the young players through like Boga, Ake, Baker etc.

I haven't made it to the second season yet to get all of the promising youth prospects back from loan (Pasalic, Van Ginkel, Christensen, etc.), but Loftus-Cheek has been given quite a bit of playing time and plays better than his stats would suggest, though he's no world-beater yet. I think you can put together quite a good squad with academy players only.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about to start second season. Had an offer from Barcelona for £55m straight cash for Matic Yes or no? In process of selling Willian £60m to City, sold Cesc for £32.5m to United and also considering an offer for Oscar too. Somewhere in region of £48m I think? Anyway, will do an update later. But yes or no to Matic. Who is out there to replace him with?

Just about to start second season. Had an offer from Barcelona for £55m straight cash for Matic Yes or no? In process of selling Willian £60m to City, sold Cesc for £32.5m to United and also considering an offer for Oscar too. Somewhere in region of £48m I think? Anyway, will do an update later. But yes or no to Matic. Who is out there to replace him with?

I would definitely move Matic for that much. I can't think of anyone off the top of my head to replace him, but you could easily replace him for £30m. Those prices are good for the rest of those players too!

First season, won Champions League on penalties, beating Barcelona. Won Premiership. Won League Cup, knocked out in 2rd round of FA Cup - oops!

signed:

Reece Oxford £1.1m

Brett Embolo £19.75m

Emanuel Mammana £2.9m

Gabriel Barbosa £11.5m

Luan £7.5m

Adriano £2.7m

Dani Carvajal - loan (will complete deal for £12m)

Omar El Kaddouri £7m

Sold:

Remy £18m

Fabregas £32m

End of Season:

Signed:

Tielemans £11.5m

Romero Free

Rulli Free

So far....

Sold:

Salah £10.75m

Mikel £8m

Moses £7.5m

Matic £58m

Willian £60m

Oscar £50m

Pedro £44.5m

Now to sign some Centre Midfielders lol...

To be honest after this season IRL I wouldn't mind shipping out half the squad. I'd rather the ones who fight for the badge week in week out to be there. Also trying to make the team "MY" team. And if that's means moving a few players along I will.

This place is dead now. Why is that?

I've been busy with starting a new job, so I haven't had much time for FM. Besides that, with everything going on with the club IRL I've had a hard time getting into a save. The only save I've been playing in general is a Lazio save I started a while back, but not very much.

You think that's what it could be? I've just never seen this place or these boards so quiet. Maybe my "generation" lot is getting older and spend less time on here! To keep my game enjoyable I've added myself to it. (World class wonder kid obviously!)

You think that's what it could be? I've just never seen this place or these boards so quiet. Maybe my "generation" lot is getting older and spend less time on here! To keep my game enjoyable I've added myself to it. (World class wonder kid obviously!)

Not bad! That would actually be pretty fun, I've never thought of doing that. Maybe I'll be the club's next JT! I've noticed things getting quieter too, though. Even compared to last year.

Really? The game i feel personally isn't very "friendly" to the newer player. I had to pass on all my knowledge to my step sons. One 17 the other 14. Still ask me what does this or that do. Would find it daunting if i was just getting this game for the first time. Seems so much depth nowadays.

Yeah it makes it more enjoyable to be fair. I'm an attacking threat, won the Ballon d'or first season. Lol.

Really? The game i feel personally isn't very "friendly" to the newer player. I had to pass on all my knowledge to my step sons. One 17 the other 14. Still ask me what does this or that do. Would find it daunting if i was just getting this game for the first time. Seems so much depth nowadays.

Yeah it makes it more enjoyable to be fair. I'm an attacking threat, won the Ballon d'or first season. Lol.

Haha! Not a bad way to introduce yourself to the footballing world.

Edit: Have you been using different tactics for home and away matches? I can't seem to get a result when playing away with my 4-2-3-1 formation, while I am winning matches by 3-4 goals with it at home.

Only if I'm chasing a game. I'll go 2 up top. I usually play 4-2-3-1.

Courtais,

Carvajal, Zouma, Balanta, Cesar.

Romero Rafinha(Tielemans)

Barbosa, Rivett, Hazard.

Costa.

Subs:

Rulli,

Terry or Mammana,

Embolo,

Meli,

Cuadrado,

Luan,

Manea.

Got the proper Chelsea way going on loans though...

Have loads out, either for 6 or full season.

Will do an transfer update a little later.

I've picked a tactic and kept with it. Hardly any instructions as feel that complicates matters. Will listen to Steve Holland during a game though and will make the changes if need be. Also team talks either altogether or individually works wonders!!

Signings 2nd season:

Anthony Martial - £35m

Geronimo Rulli - free

Lucas Romero - free

Youri Tielemans - £11.5m

Dani Carvajal - £12m

Rafinha - £30m from Barcelona

Thiago Maia - £15m

Marcelo Meli - £4.5m

Eder Balanta - £20m from PSG

amongst some young regens. Spent £136m

Outs:

Willian - £60m

Pedro - £44.5m

Oscar - £50m

Salah - £10.75m

Matic - £58m

Mikel - £8m

Moses - £7.5m

Kaddouri - £7m

Cahill - £8m

Atsu - £5m

Begovic - £10m

amongst some others leaving on frees on low incomes. Total: £274m

Only if I'm chasing a game. I'll go 2 up top. I usually play 4-2-3-1.

Courtais,

Carvajal, Zouma, Balanta, Cesar.

Romero Rafinha(Tielemans)

Barbosa, Rivett, Hazard.

Costa.

Subs:

Rulli,

Terry or Mammana,

Embolo,

Meli,

Cuadrado,

Luan,

Manea.

Got the proper Chelsea way going on loans though...

Have loads out, either for 6 or full season.

Will do an transfer update a little later.

I've picked a tactic and kept with it. Hardly any instructions as feel that complicates matters. Will listen to Steve Holland during a game though and will make the changes if need be. Also team talks either altogether or individually works wonders!!

Signings 2nd season:

Anthony Martial - £35m

Geronimo Rulli - free

Lucas Romero - free

Youri Tielemans - £11.5m

Dani Carvajal - £12m

Rafinha - £30m from Barcelona

Thiago Maia - £15m

Marcelo Meli - £4.5m

Eder Balanta - £20m from PSG

amongst some young regens. Spent £136m

Outs:

Willian - £60m

Pedro - £44.5m

Oscar - £50m

Salah - £10.75m

Matic - £58m

Mikel - £8m

Moses - £7.5m

Kaddouri - £7m

Cahill - £8m

Atsu - £5m

Begovic - £10m

amongst some others leaving on frees on low incomes. Total: £274m

What a profit! I'm currently finishing up my transfers in the first window and getting ready for the Premier League opener. I haven't been able to find a consistently good tactic, but I figure I'm going to power through the season and hope for that the squad settles in. Hopefully I'll get through January today!

Has anyone managed to get s new stadium built? I'm in 2022/23 now and been at the club for 6 seasons.in that time ive won 4 league titles, 4 fa cups and 1 champions league.the board have agreed once to upgrade the stadium but everytime I ask to build a new one they say the size of the fan base doesn't allow it.

Has anyone managed to get s new stadium built? I'm in 2022/23 now and been at the club for 6 seasons.in that time ive won 4 league titles, 4 fa cups and 1 champions league.the board have agreed once to upgrade the stadium but everytime I ask to build a new one they say the size of the fan base doesn't allow it.

Haven't made it far enough in to think to ask, but that sounds really odd. I remember in last year's game you could get one approved right at the start of the season.

Have you asked for a stadium capacity increase? I've been moved to the Olympic Stadium whilst they increase the capacity of Stamford Bridge to 55,000.

Should manage to finish my second season tonight/tomorrow so will post an update then. But how are you lot getting on? At the moment, I'm top of the league by 8 points. 30 games played. I play Man City next who are 2nd. In the champions League quarters against Bayern. Lost in 3rd round of FA Cup (Again!).

Rivett, Costa, Hazard, Barbosa are all on fire. Just had a crazy game against Steve Clarkes Leicester side. They are 15th in the league. We managed to win 6-5 after they scored late on to equalise and then we scored even later to nick the win! Qualified for next seasons Champs League and my budget has already been set at £300m. Not that I need to spend that. Stamford Bridge is currently being developed, but that will finish in another year.

Hey guys. First time poster here.

I've been reading all of your posts in this thread and it's an interesting read imo.

I've just only started a Chelsea save and I'm pretty new to FM16 over all, so I have a few questions I was hoping someone could perhaps give their opinions on. First of all I've tried 3 different tactics within the first 15 or so games of the season since I can't get the team to click properly so far. To be fair I've had a lot of long time injuries already; Willian, Fabregas x2, Dave, Terry, Matic, Diego Costa, Falcao - all within the first 15 competitive games of the season, making the starting 11 rather inconsistent atm.

On top of that some of my players just aren't living up to the expectations especially Hazard, Oscar and Diego Costa who I just can't seem to get going at all. My full-backs are playing very well and are putting in nice balls to the box all game and even though Hazard/Diego gets on the end of it more often than not they can't put the ball into the back of the net. Kenedy (whom I've started to play on the right wing after Willian got injured 3-4 months and he scored a hattrick in his debut) and Baba are my best players so far this season, I think that sums up pretty much everything about my season so far lol. What do you suggest I do in a situation where more than one of my key players just aren't performing at all? Do I keep starting them every game and hope they gain form at some point or do I drop them and play the likes of Remy and Pedro instead?

Hey guys. First time poster here.

I've been reading all of your posts in this thread and it's an interesting read imo.

I've just only started a Chelsea save and I'm pretty new to FM16 over all, so I have a few questions I was hoping someone could perhaps give their opinions on. First of all I've tried 3 different tactics within the first 15 or so games of the season since I can't get the team to click properly so far. To be fair I've had a lot of long time injuries already; Willian, Fabregas x2, Dave, Terry, Matic, Diego Costa, Falcao - all within the first 15 competitive games of the season, making the starting 11 rather inconsistent atm.

On top of that some of my players just aren't living up to the expectations especially Hazard, Oscar and Diego Costa who I just can't seem to get going at all. My full-backs are playing very well and are putting in nice balls to the box all game and even though Hazard/Diego gets on the end of it more often than not they can't put the ball into the back of the net. Kenedy (whom I've started to play on the right wing after Willian got injured 3-4 months and he scored a hattrick in his debut) and Baba are my best players so far this season, I think that sums up pretty much everything about my season so far lol. What do you suggest I do in a situation where more than one of my key players just aren't performing at all? Do I keep starting them every game and hope they gain form at some point or do I drop them and play the likes of Remy and Pedro instead?

Hey Sawyer! Welcome to the boards and the thread. I've noticed that I get my best results with tactics starting around January when the tactic is fluid and the squad has had time to settle for a while. Also, it seems that team talks play a bigger role in this year's version than in ones past. Hazard has performed best for me as a Ramdueter, as it seems he gets in scoring positions more often and causes quite a bit of issues in the opposition's defence with his quickness and dribbling ability. Also, I've noticed that Costa started scoring more for me when I played low or whipped crosses into the box. If it seems they're getting the service, but not converting chances, I would suggest being tough on them via team talks/interactions, since their determined personalities will probably respond well to it.

Other than that, I would say just give the squad time. If things don't improve after the January window, then I might look at switching things up with your tactics, but with a squad like Chelsea's they should get going eventually! Good luck, hope to hear more about your progress:thup:

Have you asked for a stadium capacity increase? I've been moved to the Olympic Stadium whilst they incorease the capacity of Stamford Bridge to 55,000.

Yeah the capacity was increased to 57000 in 2018/2019.im now in 2022/23 so I'm hoping for either an increase or a new stadium

Christ, haven't been on here since FM10, had a bit of a hiatus as I felt I needed to tame my addiction... My how things have changed.

So, I recently acquired FM16, as I realised something had been missing from my life for the last 6 years and figured that it must've been this beautiful game.

Started a Chelsea save just to get my eye in and understand the ins and outs of the game. I'm a Chelsea fan. I have much love for the majority of our current squad (still, despite our failing domestic season at the moment), so didn't want to bring in too many faces or sell too many big names. I want to focus on young British players.

My only big signing, Ross Barkley. Signed for £35m I believe (I'm at work currently, procrastinating, but don't have access to the game at the mo, Will go more in depth this evening when I go home for a session).

Team at the moment

GK - Tibby Courtois

LB - Baba

RB - Dave

CB - Cahill or JT (Was thinking about signing stones, but everyone has him, so I might look elsewhere or build up a youth)

CB - Kurt Zoooooooouma

CM - Matic/Fab (depends who I play against)

CM - Barkley

CM - Ramires

LW - Hazard

RW - Will.i.a.n

ST - Diego Costa

My central midfield changes depending on opposition. I play Barkley as an Attacking Playmaker, Ram as a BWM supporting and then it I have a tricky Game Matic will come in as a defensive dlp, but if it's a walkover game Fab plays as a supporting Playmaker or supporting dlp.

I'm in Jan now, I've only sold Mikel as I really didn't need him. Kenedy and Loftus are playing virtually every game, albeit as subs and I've bought up a few young full backs from the youth team to play the odd game and see how they get on.

I'll return later to fill you all in on the specifics.

Good to be back!

Ahahaha, bucket, there's a name I recognise... I remember how much time I used to spend on here way back... So no doubt I'll be back on it solidly.

I feel like writing up a full blown report on my first 6 months of this save. I'll get on it soon.

yeah, that 5-0 was an odd one, City dominated the game... but i was 4-0 up by half time! I've had excellent results against the top teams, beat Arsenal 3-0 (Testimonial match), 5-1 in the Community Shield and 4-0, beat Leicester 4-2 (weird calling Leicester a top team!), Everton 5-2... but lost to Gladbach in the CL, lost 3-2 to Scunthorpe in pre-season and have only beaten the likes of Villa, Norwich, Bournemouth and even Barnsley in the cup, by a single goal.

Looks like Ramires is the difference...

Untitled_zpsah4zntid.png

Untitled2_zpskawvjlmq.png

• 3 weeks later...

20points. Nice one Stotty. Any chance of a update on your game? Players, staff etc. This place is so quiet and needs livening up lol!

Currently in my 3rd season. Will do an update when I'm home but not going too badly at the moment.

FOOTMAN_zpshrjtagzq.png

As we can see, Eden Hazard is simply running riot.

He's playing left wing, inside forward, attack.

Here is Barkley, considering this is his first season, i'm pretty happy with how he's doing!

ross_zpsko5nlxtf.png

Why can't Hazard play like this in real life?!?

hi could someone do me a favour please, I only play fmc and want to edit in clark-salter and RLC into the game, could somebody post a screenshot of their player profiles from the winter update please, thanks in advance

I'll do it tonight for you, when I get back home.

Starting Season 2016-17

GK-Courtois/Delac

DL-Rahman/Targett

DCL-Zouma/Miazga

DCR-Stones/Cahill

DR-Fernandes/Sidibe

DM-Matic/

MCL-Oscar/Bero

MCR-Fabregas/Xhaka

AML-Hazard/Quadrado

AMR-Willian/Marvin Martin

STC-Costa/Gameiro/Aouar/Solanke

Hoping for a good season ahead.

• 1 month later...

Set myself the challenge of not buying any players and just using the squad as it is and the youth players.

Team was as follows:

GK: Courtois

RB: Azip

CB: Zouma

CB: Terry

LB: Rahman

DM: Matic

MC: Fabregas

MC: Oscar

AMR: Willian

AML: Hazard

ST: Costa

This was pretty much my starting XI all season, i was hit with quite a few injuries which meant quite a few youngsters got a chance not just in the cups but Champions League and the league.

Youth who played this season:

Ola Aina

Clarke-Salter

Musonda

Loftus-Cheek

Colkett

Kenedy

B.Traore

Palmer

Aina / Loftus-Cheek / Kenedy / Traore - played more than 10 games throughout the season due to injuries.

Finished the season 3rd in the league which was dissapointing, one poor month ruined this for us.

Knocked out the Champions League by Real Madrid in the quater finals

Won the FA Cup and League Cup which is what probably saved my job!

Players Out:

Ramires

Remy

Falcao

I have just started the second season, I now have the task of trying to decide which youth get promoted along with the 30+ loan players who have returned. As a Chelsea fan I am really enjoying this save especially to see how the youth players do develop. Im nervous how i can fit all these players into the first team squad while remaining competitive.....

Hey, just wondering if anyone has actually managed to get a new stadium built? I notice stotty hasn't had any luck. I've had Stamford Bridge upgraded to 57,500 odd, and I haven't been able to ask for another expansion (expansion capacity being 60,000). I've had two or three requests for a new stadium rejected, despite having £900m in the bank (not to mention £300m in a reserve investment fund). Over 30,000 season ticket holders, 95% average attendance with plenty of sell-outs in the big games and derbies. I want a massive stadium named after me already!:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Did a quick season with Chelsea on FM-Touch as I was trying to replicate Mourinho's tactical philosophy. Brought in Bonucci and Ighalo, sold Remy for 22m and canceled the loan of Pato. Quick-played all the cups as I wanted to concentrate on the league. Did not score as much as I wanted to, but defensively we were rock-solid. It was a fun experiment as I really felt we played like a Jose Mourinho side for much of the season. My standout performer was of course Eden Hazard, but the goals were spread evenly out among the players, another trait of a Mourinho-side.

Tactics:

mhstj.jpg

PI's:

GK-D: Roll out, distribute to CB's

WM-S: Close down more, shoot less.

WM-A: Close down more, dribble more, cut inside, cross less.

AM-S: Tackle harder.

DLF-A: Close down more, tackle harder

I would have preferred to have the AMC in the MC slot as a CM-A, but Oscar has the PPM "drop deep to collect the ball" which made me want to play him in the AMC-slot so Costa would not be isolated.

As for the league:

2ahcswz.jpg

As you can see we conceded only 25 goals throughout the campaign, and only lost with more than one goal twice, and that was once against Everton and in the last match against Liverpool when the title were already sealed and delivered, those bloody scousers eh.

Here are the player's stats in all competitions:

2vux53m.jpg

I don't think I will do another season as this was a tactical experiment, but managing Chelsea is a fun little save as some of the star performers are nearing the twilight of their careers, so there is a bit of a rebuild job if you go past the first season.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've just started a Chelsea game thinking why not in real life new manager and an ageing under performing squad. Brought in Stones Mykie (spelling and a right back) calhanoglu and a few others to strengthen the squad.

Dead line day man Utd come in with 45m on William cheers good money he has gone!!!

Now I'm thinking I have about 60-70mil ready in January who do I look at bringing in a world class striker as Falcao and Pato will be gone but who would be perfect as a lone striker to score goals! Or do I bring in an attacking midfielder like Reus that can play all positions of Greizman?!?!?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey read this whole thread and I've started a Chelsea one myself with the latest update in so no ramieres etc. So far only bought alaba as he will go left back and azpil right back. Just need a center back now !

• 1 month later...

I have started with an updaten db and is currently in 3'rd place in february, 12p behind Liverpool and 6p behind Man City. Team is struggling to be consistent and after a peak the team is worthless in a couple of games. How do you play Hazard and Costa? Hazard is my best scorer but it's from the penalty almost all comes from.

On 8/12/2016 at 11:58, 3rik said:

I have started with an updaten db and is currently in 3'rd place in february, 12p behind Liverpool and 6p behind Man City. Team is struggling to be consistent and after a peak the team is worthless in a couple of games. How do you play Hazard and Costa? Hazard is my best scorer but it's from the penalty almost all comes from.

What's your current setup like? 

• 1 month later...

As a season ticket holder, it is always my go to first save.

Based on this year's performances, we will need a big overhaul in defence. I imagine Christensen will be highly rated after his player of the year at Mönchengladbach.

It will be interesting to see how the youth are rated this year specifically: Clarke-Salter, Aina, Tomori, Dasilva, Palmer, Baker, Brown, Solanke, Abraham.

45 minutes ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

As a season ticket holder, it is always my go to first save.

Based on this year's performances, we will need a big overhaul in defence. I imagine Christensen will be highly rated after his player of the year at Mönchengladbach.

It will be interesting to see how the youth are rated this year specifically: Clarke-Salter, Aina, Tomori, Dasilva, Palmer, Baker, Brown, Solanke, Abraham.

Yeah, the defence will certainly need some work. Christensen should look great, it's just too bad he'll be out on loan for the first season. Hopefully the youth are rated highly, it'd be nice to focus on bringing some through the ranks, seeing as the search for the next JT is always on! 

I'm going to try to make a point to post here a little more to get things moving like they used to. It's a shame how quiet it's gotten over the last year or so.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone playing a Chelsea game on FM17 yet?

Currently looking to try and strengthen the back line - keeping Terry as a tutor (will play cup games and odd league game if needed) and hopefully get him on the coaching staff at some point, will be looking to get rid of Ivanovic and probably Cahill.  Think Zouma (when fit) along with a CB that I bring in will be first choice, Luiz as cover along with bringing youths through.  Definitely need to sign a really good RB too.

Think the midfield will do for the first season and also look to bring through some of the youngsters.  Definitely looking to sign a forward as competition to Costa along with breaking Batshuayi in without having pressure on him.

Still tinkering with tactics but think a 4-2-3-1 along with 4-1-2-2-1 will be the route I'll be going down.  Quite tempted to try Conte's 3 at the back but will stick to what I know for now.

Archived