Unrealistic agent and player signing on fees

I've found this to be the case in the last few versions of FM.

Ridiculously overpriced signing on fees for players and agents are a massive bear bug for me in this game.

How realistic are these fees? Have SI any inside knowledge on the majority of contract that are signed in real life? or are they simply just guessing and implementing that guess work into the game?

I mean £10 million plus signing on fees for certain players and in cases £6 million for agents.....surely these cant be the figures in real life for transfers?

Can SI clarify how they come up with these extorniate figures, are these sums guessed or do they actually have some substance behind them?

Any clarity would be appreciated.

The Telegraph reported that Sterling was in line to receive half of his agent's £8m fee as part of his move to Man City.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11719700/Liverpool-news-Raheem-Sterling-could-bank-4m-of-agents-fee-if-he-joins-Manchester-City.html

I have not tried to sign Sterling on FM2016 as yet but I could imagine it would take a hell of a lot more than £8 million combined agent and player fee to attract this player into signing. Can any other player who has tried to sign Sterling shed what they found when attempting to sign Raheem on FM2016?

I t just all seems to high for me price wise, I was quoted £11 million player fee for Reus and £6 million Agent fee giving a combined £17 million.....seriously come on?

I have not tried to sign Sterling on FM2016 as yet but I could imagine it would take a hell of a lot more than £8 million combined agent and player fee to attract this player into signing. Can any other player who has tried to sign Sterling shed what they found when attempting to sign Raheem on FM2016?
I'd expect Sterling's fee and his agent's fee being much higher now that he's at City.
I t just all seems to high for me price wise, I was quoted £11 million player fee for Reus and £6 million Agent fee giving a combined £17 million.....seriously come on?

I'll state the obvious: don't pay it or more importantly - negotiate? I've been able to save quite a bit just by negotiating.

That £4m would not include the player's signing/loyalty bonus, the amount you were asked to pay for Rues seems reasonable & you have to remember that the signing bonus is paid over the length of the contract so it could be as little as £2m a year.

Agent fees have been OTT for years now. Of course fees for the best players in the game are going to be high, but the amount being demanded by agents for bang average players in the lower leagues is often eye watering.

If it's the games cryptic way of trying to tell you something, I'd rather it was programmed to just come out and say it. This is supposed to be a football simulation after all - not a wife simulator!

It is worse in the lower leagues where the game has continued the mechanic further down. I was desperate to keep my 23 year old captain centre back and player of the year so after negotiating as far down as I could, I managed to get him to sign for 100k (agent) 50k (player) a 300% pay rise and a minimum fee release clause I didn't want to include.

I just don't think it would happen to a league one player who was originally asking for close to double what he finally got.

Did you negotiate, as I said? You should be able to knock at least £7m off that figure.

That was the final negotiating fee, got it down from £12.5 million player fee and £9 million agent fee.

Just seems to be taking a little bit of the fun out of signing players for me, I like to keep my finances in check and hate overpaying especially on agent fees etc.

I think SI are way out on the fees IMO

That was the final negotiating fee, got it down from £12.5 million player fee and £9 million agent fee.

Just seems to be taking a little bit of the fun out of signing players for me, I like to keep my finances in check and hate overpaying especially on agent fees etc.

I think SI are way out on the fees IMO

Based on what? You think Reus would jump at the chance to go to Liverpool? With bigger clubs you pay around 10m in total and can maybe even negotiate to less.

Based on what? You think Reus would jump at the chance to go to Liverpool? With bigger clubs you pay around 10m in total and can maybe even negotiate to less.

I believe Reus would be attracted by the chance to join a club like Liverpool yes, not many players wouldn't be.

That's just my opinion, how do SI know the fees they are implementing into the game are any where near correct?

Based on the link Barside posted, they're bang on with players going to top clubs, so chances are they have the others right too.

If you have evidence showing otherwise, they'd be very interested. :thup:

Based on the link Barside posted, they're bang on with players going to top clubs, so chances are they have the others right too.

If you have evidence showing otherwise, they'd be very interested. :thup:

That link is nothing concrete, it says 'Could' it doesn't categorically state he will receive the £4m

That paper could be well off the mark, so are you telling me that articles like that are what SI base these large in game fees around?

That link is nothing concrete, it says 'Could' it doesn't categorically state he will receive the £4m

That paper could be well off the mark, so are you telling me that articles like that are what SI base these large in game fees around?

No, I'm telling you that based on the link (the only evidence of anything posted so far), it is spot on. Do you have evidence that says different?

I have no evidence to suggest otherwise no, that's why im asking for clarification from SI, as to how and where they get there information from to be implementing such fees into the game?

I might be totally out of touch with the real world but asking for £17 million combined for fees seems unrealistic to me.

No, I'm telling you that based on the link (the only evidence of anything posted so far), it is spot on. Do you have evidence that says different?

Im not the only user to have raised this question, it is a hotly debated topic on these forums so I guess im not the only person stating the fees as unrealistic.

So to clarify, you're unwilling to accept the (admittedly limited and vague) evidence in support of SI having the figures right, but are willing to accept the vague 'feeling' that they might be wrong which you've made up in your head?

The fees are reasonable based on all available evidence. Sterling got that money when negotiating a contract from a very weak bargaining position as he'd burned his bridges at Liverpool. City were his only option and he STILL got £8m. In your hypothetical situation Reus has no reason to want to join Liverpool, it would be a sideways step at best when he would presumably have an ambition rating which would make him prefer a move to a bigger club. It makes perfect sense that all his demands would be absurdly high, because he wants it to be worth his while.

Im not the only user to have raised this question, it is a hotly debated topic on these forums so I guess im not the only person stating the fees as unrealistic.

You've not given any information about who you are (I'm assuming Liverpool) or the in-game date. At the start of the game, Reus isn't even interested in negotiating ANY contract with Liverpool because he perceives their squad as being too weak for his ambitions. So he's not overly keen on moving to Liverpool. As Chelsea, I was able to get him for a combined fee of £11m.

Archived