[FM2016] The United States Project

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some MLS Teams have B teams in the USL and have academy teams in the league below that.

All NASL teams are independant from the MLS clubs. They arent linked in anyway, and are rival leagues in a sense.

Thanks for posting about squad rules, I will try to get everything 100% accurate before the final 1.0 release.

Fmfan00 - MLS and USL leagues are more similar to how the NHL and AHL are setup but it's not a perfect comparison either way. MLS teams are required to have affiliate teams which operate in the USL league. There are other teams in USL however that do not have an affiliation with MLS teams.

The NASL is a separate division II league in the US that competes for players and viewers with MLS/USL. One of the reasons for this is because of the restrictive rules in place for MLS and slow, sustained growth they have performed which created a barrier to entry.

If you do play MLS I would definitely consider reading through the roster rules located here. MLS is, in my opinion at least, extremely fun and exciting. At the same time it can be very confusing and frustrating if you don't know the unique rules.

FYI found the answer to my question after searching around. Looks like FM cannot understand the difference between "allocation" and "transfer" budgets. Take a look at the following two posts below from the USA league specific issues forum. The first is a post by a user about the issue I ran into as well and the second is the response from someone on the SI FM2016 team.

so i think i've found an issue.

in MLS a team's "allocation funds" and what they have available to pay for a transfer are not the same thing.

allocation funds can be used to pay for transfer fees so that then the transfer fee does not have to be included in a players salary cap impact. or allocation funds can be used to "pay down" salaries which in the game has always been represented by using allocation to increase the cap.

but i am wanting to sign a DP player for 600K transfer fee/fees and 400K yearly salary for 3 seasons so their yearly cap impact would be 400K + (600K/3) = 600K per year and since the player is young it would be better to make them a Young DP so their cap hit is only 200k.

my team has a balance of some $22 mil and could definitely find 600k to buy a very good player even if there are no allocation funds to cover the transfer fee so that it doesn't effect the players cap impact, they would just pay the transfer fee out of their normal funds or trasfer kitty and since the player will be a DP anyway their yearly cap impact is moot so there is no need to worry about only using allocation money for the transfer.

but when it came time to confirm the transfer it is saying i don't have the funds to complete the transfer ... it says i have 70k and need 600k but 70k is my allocation funds not my transfer funds (which i actually don't see anywhere).

didn't this work correctly in FM2015? that there were separate transfer funds and allocation funds?

Thanks for the feedback. There have not been separate transfer and allocation budgets in previous versions. This is something that is under discussion for future implementation as we look to find the best way to do it as the two budget system would be a unique feature to MLS within the entire game.

testing the NASL atm and looks great! everything seems to work fine including awards and league format. Fantastic!

A very minor bug is that players often require a clause for wage raise after promotion which of course cannot happen, but then again it's really minor stuff.

New Nasl expansion teams in future updates would be great, but this is already excellent :applause:

Can NASL still sign players who don't make MLS teams but MLS hold their rights... Looks like nasl is a lot more challenging then MLS... Nasl it is.. Just don't have drafts and academy's for NaSL so it's a lot more harder.. What's the lowest age u have to be to play in NASL 17-18?

FYI found the answer to my question after searching around. Looks like FM cannot understand the difference between "allocation" and "transfer" budgets. Take a look at the following two posts below from the USA league specific issues forum. The first is a post by a user about the issue I ran into as well and the second is the response from someone on the SI FM2016 team.

Thanks for the info. Not much I can do untill SI fix it.

testing the NASL atm and looks great! everything seems to work fine including awards and league format. Fantastic!

A very minor bug is that players often require a clause for wage raise after promotion which of course cannot happen, but then again it's really minor stuff.

New Nasl expansion teams in future updates would be great, but this is already excellent :applause:

Thanks for the feedback and testing :) No idea how i'd go about fixing that, but i'll look into it for the next release. As you say, its not too major since you can't be promoted, but would be nice to iron it out anyway.

Can NASL still sign players who don't make MLS teams but MLS hold their rights... Looks like nasl is a lot more challenging then MLS... Nasl it is.. Just don't have drafts and academy's for NaSL so it's a lot more harder.. What's the lowest age u have to be to play in NASL 17-18?

I'm not sure if they can or not. I would have to look into it. I have only tested by holidaying and havent actually managed on it yet. Hopefully somebody that has can answer your question.

Also I don't think their is an age limit.

Thanks for the info. Not much I can do untill SI fix it.

Definitely nothing you can do - time to keep my eyes peeled for expiring contracts :).

Yes NASL can ignore the "MLS team has X player's rights" unless of course that player has an actual contract with an MLS team. The "MLS team has X player's rights" is due to how MLS is a single-entity structure legally. All MLS players actually sign a contract with the league and not a team directly. Some players, like most DPs, have do-not-trade clauses which ensure they are only with one team but, at a high level, MLS still has the contract. In the end only MLS teams have to worry about that flag.

k so im all confused...

so in post #29 it says North American Soccer taken from verison 0.3 there is no North American soccer League..

test_zpsokqkl1xi.png

Then i look up toronto Blizzards to see which teams i can maybe move for my team then it says Toronto Players in NASL

test2_zpszaiahsob.png

So then i click on NASL and then go to teams and this is what i find

test3_zpsi2qu6phg.png

I was told not to load the database but to import it and thats what i did

That is the extinct version of NASL, before its revival.

It may not be called North American Soccer League on your game, unless you have the name fix from sortitoutsi.

On clubs, search for New York Cosmos. Then click on them, and on the side, go to competitions. Then double click the division they are in. That will be the correct league.

When I did it, I had a crash. I think it is related to the cup.

You can try it and holiday forward to see how it goes though. As I am not sure weither it was that causing the crash. :)

I was going to wait untill I remake the cup on a later release to include them, but feel free to try :)

Jay- is there anyway to separate regular season winner and playoff winner in competition history?

There is a "American D2 Campuonship" listed in database comps that is really the Soccer Bowl. I tried adding and eliminating playoffs but could not get to work..

Thanks for your work.

Jay- is there anyway to separate regular season winner and playoff winner in competition history?

There is a "American D2 Campuonship" listed in database comps that is really the Soccer Bowl. I tried adding and eliminating playoffs but could not get to work..

Thanks for your work.

This has been implimented into the next version.

NASL doesn't seem to get the good teams from the combined table.

Is anyone else having issues there ?

I asked this same question and did not realize the below:

Taken from the NASL 2015 Wiki-

"The Championship, culminating with Soccer Bowl 2015, was contested by the winners of the spring and fall seasons hosting the next best two teams in the full year regular season table."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_N..._NASL_Playoffs

is NASL -> MLS like AHL is to NHL when iot comes to calling up and sending down and eveloping players?

No. Not even close to being similar. The AHL is a Minor League league. The closest similarity would be Barcelona and Barcelona B. The NASL and USL are there own stand alone separate leagues. They are just a lower division than the MLS. But that MLS can form affiliations and loan players out to the NASL and USL in the game. Though I am not sure if it actually happens often in real life.

Really looking forward to this! Making the States more realistic (Y)

Any updates on when its going to be released?

And, how is the PDL going to work? Since it looks like most of the players in the SuperDraft come from these clubs, is it going to be a lock so that these clubs can't sell or buy players? Meaning they'll only focus on developing players, raising the quality of the players in the Draft, and making sure they won't get bought by MLS clubs outside of the draft?

Or how is this in real-life? I realise that drafted players mostly come from Universities and Colleges, but are they also going to added?

Sorry for all the questions Jay, I'm only looking forward to play with the 1.0 version and what to be as good as possible :)

Cheers for responding!

Really looking forward to this! Making the States more realistic (Y)

Any updates on when its going to be released?

And, how is the PDL going to work? Since it looks like most of the players in the SuperDraft come from these clubs, is it going to be a lock so that these clubs can't sell or buy players? Meaning they'll only focus on developing players, raising the quality of the players in the Draft, and making sure they won't get bought by MLS clubs outside of the draft?

Or how is this in real-life? I realise that drafted players mostly come from Universities and Colleges, but are they also going to added?

Sorry for all the questions Jay, I'm only looking forward to play with the 1.0 version and what to be as good as possible :)

Cheers for responding!

PDL players are usually college kids playing in the league when the college season is done. College players play in either the NPSL or PDL in the college offseason.

• 2 weeks later...
Some MLS Teams have B teams in the USL and have academy teams in the league below that.

All NASL teams are independant from the MLS clubs. They arent linked in anyway, and are rival leagues in a sense.

Thanks for posting about squad rules, I will try to get everything 100% accurate before the final 1.0 release.

The most MLS Teams have a B Team in the USL (some teams have other names like Betleham Steel the B Team from Philadelphia Union), but the Academy Teams don't play in the League below, they have their own league. The League below is the PDL (Premier Development League), it's a semi professionell league. You can compare the league with the Summer Leagues in Baseball, the Seasons runs from April to October, when the NCAA (College Football) have their summer break. The most Players come from Colleges and play only one or two summers for the PDL Teams. Some MLS Teams have also PDL Teams, for example the Red Bulls or Chicago Fire.

Also some of the NASL Teams have a B Team in the NPSL (the oter 4.Division in the USA). New York Cosmos B won the last NPSL Season.

The only Academy which plays in a ''Men's'' League is the TFC Academy (Toronto FC), in the League1 Ontario, a semi-professionell League in Canada.

I would love to play with Puerto Rico FC, they come to the NASL in Fall 2016. The NASL has an Spring Season and a Fall Season, like the Apertura/Clausura Concept in Mexico or other latin American Countries. Do you have the correct NASL System in your File ?

It's hard to find a correct USA database with the correct rules (no promotion), same for Australia.

Thanks for your work and sorry that my english isn't the best.

What a strange decision! I like the NASL, but it is the good club which leaves... The term "Scorpios" also disappears?

With the good work of Jay Mee Tee, it is possible to put the new clubs of NASL and USL... I managed to make a try until 2020...

On the other hand, the update goes with the last patch? (I stayed with the first one, just to continue a beautiful game with the FC Dallas)

A thing which I do not manage to adjust, it is the acquisition of old stars by the clubs of NASL... Cosmos find themselves with anonymous players, for example... As in the reality, if this championship could attract some Cvitanich or Palacios ( Miami). Bring up the reputation of the championship isn't the right thing because it returns very fast to its current level.

For the clubs of Bethlehem, RGV Toros and Swope Park, do you recommend me to copy the information of Real Monarchs? (the reality and on the philosophy of these clubs)

The franchise is still owned by the same owner and will most likely be moved to Las Vegas, wich is a quite interesting move....

The Franchise has a new owner, it's the same group which owns the San Antonio Spurs (NBA).

The San Antonio Soccer Team will play in the USL next Season, still in San Antonio in the Toyota Stadium. That's confirmed. The Name of the Club is still unclear.

The Franchise has a new owner, it's the same group which owns the San Antonio Spurs (NBA).

The San Antonio Soccer Team will play in the USL next Season, still in San Antonio in the Toyota Stadium. That's confirmed. The Name of the Club is still unclear.

No you're completly wrong. The NASL franchise rights still belongs to the same owner. He sold the Stadium and withdrew the Scorpions from NASL, with a view to move to another city (Las Vegas it seems). The Spurs owners who together with the city now owns the stadium are going to start a new team and get a franchise in the USL.... Check your facts before telling someone that they are wrong...

No you're completly wrong. The NASL franchise rights still belongs to the same owner. He sold the Stadium and withdrew the Scorpions from NASL, with a view to move to another city (Las Vegas it seems). The Spurs owners who together with the city now owns the stadium are going to start a new team and get a franchise in the USL.... Check your facts before telling someone that they are wrong...

So what would be the best thing in terms of the file when it's complete keep Scorpions in NASL or drop them down to USL? Saying that it gets tricky because even though Aztex aren't competing next season they want to play again in 2017 (Potentially under another name) :eek:

San Antonio Scorpions don't exist anymore, so you can't drop them to USL. The new USL team from San Antonio is a completely new team and has nothing to do with the Scorpions except using the stadium the Scorpions used. Therefor it should be added to the DB as a new team. Have to correct a minor error in my last post, the new team is going to lease the stadium, not co own it with the city...

Related to the above - Vegas is actually a really exciting new market for the NASL in my opinion. Fairly large population with no major league sports team to compete with currently (there are talks about an NHL team). Makes a change from the focus on Florida, NYC and California for good new teams.

Archived