Sports Interactive Community
RubenL

Leeds consortium will i get sacked.

So im about 20 games into my first season, I've found a tactic where i can win 70+% of games, I'm top of the league by 10+ points already, Im certain we'll get promoted. I knew there was going to a takeover because i had a previous message. But the next message says if the takeover does happen they will hire Tim Sherwood, i have no idea why when Im top of the league.

Ive never managed to get Leeds promoted in any FM game, i usually get sacked after a few seasons.

Now I'm finally top of the league, if i get sacked because of a takeover i'm actually going to cry.

I know the consortium takeover isn't certain, but if it does happen will they definitely sack me and hire Tim Sherwood?

avp9epFH5dYWRuOghLxXHgdxTzoH2IaTvHei-37vwdw?size=1024x768&size_mode=2

I'm pretty sure a few versions back SI made it so a human manager always gets at least a few games to prove himself after a takeover, so hopefully you'll be alright.

Previous versions decided this on chance. So save the game regularly and if you get sacked, just reload.

Some call that cheating, I call it avoiding a stupid feature that shouldn't be in the game.

In FM14 I was dumped as Ipswich boss when there was a takeover after I had a decent first season. They were flirting with relegation before I took over. I'm almost certain I wasn't given time to prove myself to the new owner.

Lightning almost struck twice. When I was Palace boss there was a takeover but their preferred manager joined Watford, and after a few games they let me stay on.

Previous versions decided this on chance. So save the game regularly and if you get sacked, just reload.

Some call that cheating, I call it avoiding a stupid feature that shouldn't be in the game.

Why should it not be in the game?

Thanks for the advice,

I guess its just chance than, i'll be pretty mad if don't get to prove myself. It wouldn't feel right carrying on the save if i just reload, so i'll let the game decide.

I quite liked Tim Sherwood before this, but if he takes my job, my new goal in FM16 would be to make his life a misery.

I'll probably post how it goes.

Why should it not be in the game?

Because it's a game and some people like to manage their favourite teams and not be sacked when successful over things the game randomly generates.

Because it's a game and some people like to manage their favourite teams and not be sacked when successful over things the game randomly generates.

McDermott says hi

McDermott says hi

McDermott wasn't successful. Some of the worst performances I have ever seen came under McDermott.

And he signed Jimmy Kebe.

And Noel Hunt.

McDermott says hi

You pay me £10,000 a week to play FM, I'll accept that argument. Whilst I pay for the game and play for fun in my limited spare time, I'll reject it.

You pay me £10,000 a week to play FM, I'll accept that argument. Whilst I pay for the game and play for fun in my limited spare time, I'll reject it.

It's a simulation. You can already cheat it if you like - reloading a save, or just adding another manager - but the entire premise breaks if you start treating human managers differently to AI ones. Some people might actually like their being a chance of things going wrong outside their control.

OP: It's possible, but not certain. Sometimes a new board just wants a different style of football or a certain type of manager even if you have been sucessful. Sometimes stupid rich people buy football clubs :(

It's a simulation. You can already cheat it if you like - reloading a save, or just adding another manager - but the entire premise breaks if you start treating human managers differently to AI ones. Some people might actually like their being a chance of things going wrong outside their control.

OP: It's possible, but not certain. Sometimes a new board just wants a different style of football or a certain type of manager even if you have been sucessful. Sometimes stupid rich people buy football clubs :(

Yet being able to choose to manage any team you like, anywhere in the World as your first job somehow doesn't break the premise? Once again the "simulation " argument is only valid when it works in our favour.