Sports Interactive Community
Prowl

FM16: Tottenham Hotspur - In Harry we trust

So 1st season wrapped up exiting the league and fa cup very early on fielding weakened sides wasn't to bad. My aim was qualify for champions league and ended up winning the league!!!! Not only that an extra time victory over Leverkusen in Europa league final. Such a fantastic season and game!

Players like Kane Berahino Son Eriksen Alli Lamela Luan Dembele Lloris and the back four where solid!!!

Now heading into season 2 I need to strengthen but not sure areas to look at.....

A definitive midfielder is a must maybe world class attacking mid and a new centre back also? Davis and rose where both rest but maybe thinking improvements with Gaya or Jorge??? Maybe sell Trippier who didn't feature much and bring in another right back?!?

Ideas or players to recommend please

First time ever playing this game I have felt the pressure of transfer deadline day. Bayern Munich put in a bid for Lamela which I rejected. He threw his toys out the pram and nothing I could do resolved the situation. Real came in next day and I negotiated their offer to a flat £35m fee thinking that would put them off, they accepted!

Was gutted as I am unbeaten in the league after 23 games (w18 d5) and 7 points ahead of Arsenal. I had planned to sell Chadli in the window as he has been pretty poor in this save but have been forced to keep him.

Already signed Embolo (loaned back til end of season), Tielemens and Calleri all with the future in mind as I don't want to disrupt the squad too much. Two days before the window closes Carroll gets injured and will be out for 6 months forcing me to go in for Ajer, also more for the future but good for back up. Then the Lamela bombshell, I am not convinced Son, Chadli, Townsend (who is actually having a good season) have enough match winning qualities in them so have shelled out £12m on Barbosa with a few hours left of the window. Obviously still a young player so one for the future or someone I can move on and make a profit from.

First time ever playing this game I have felt the pressure of transfer deadline day. Bayern Munich put in a bid for Lamela which I rejected. He threw his toys out the pram and nothing I could do resolved the situation. Real came in next day and I negotiated their offer to a flat £35m fee thinking that would put them off, they accepted!

Was gutted as I am unbeaten in the league after 23 games (w18 d5) and 7 points ahead of Arsenal. I had planned to sell Chadli in the window as he has been pretty poor in this save but have been forced to keep him.

Already signed Embolo (loaned back til end of season), Tielemens and Calleri all with the future in mind as I don't want to disrupt the squad too much. Two days before the window closes Carroll gets injured and will be out for 6 months forcing me to go in for Ajer, also more for the future but good for back up. Then the Lamela bombshell, I am not convinced Son, Chadli, Townsend (who is actually having a good season) have enough match winning qualities in them so have shelled out £12m on Barbosa with a few hours left of the window. Obviously still a young player so one for the future or someone I can move on and make a profit from.

aaaand 3rd game in he has done his cruciate ligaments and will be out for 8-9 months : (

Thanks for the tips on a deeplying playmaker.

@westmarsh: Can't go wrong with Gaya IMO. He may be a little expensive and not the best defensively, but he's really good offensively. As for right back, I've played Dier on the right back and he does a really good job there. But if not, then Mario Fernandes is really solid. If you want to bring in a centre back, look at mammana, stones, laporte or romagnoli.

Signing another fwd to rotate with Kane first season summer tfr window

I've had bids accepted and contracts agreed for zac clough and gabby barbosa - now I know barbosa is the better player

But barbosa will cost me 12m potentially 16m and clough is about 7m I think - he might've signed a new contract before I bid for him now I can only have one should I just go for barbosa?

Also tactic related question I normally play 4-3-3 on fm but I thought I'd try out 4-2-3-1 but I'm finding I'm conceding a lot of goals would that be because I have the team set as structured so no-one is really filling in that dm area?

So none of my players won Balon D'Or. Eriksen & Willems made the FIFPRO team of the year with Lloris and Dybala as subs. Eriksen really should have won the Balon D'Or, had higher ratings than the top 3 of Messi, Ronaldo and James. Oh well.

My Argentinian regen Hector Valente did win European Golden Boy though. Here's Hector for those interested:

Heacutector%20Valente_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsxrxv0n8o.png

What a beast he is!!!

I also signed Barbosa for Spurs, he's very good as an inside forward at AMR, or up front. Son gets very good ratings at AML for me (winger, support), but I managed to sell Chadli to Valencia for a pretty decent fee. Townsend is still kicking around but not getting games - I actually prefer Pritchard to him. Pritchard put some excellent performances in for me in the Europa.

Bayern offered 25 million for Son. How much have people sold him for? I'm not looking to sell, but with Breel Embolo playing well as well as having Lamela on the right, I'm being tempted as much as I like Son IRL. Thoughts?

What a beast he is!!!

Yeah a bargain at £7.5m

Bayern offered 25 million for Son. How much have people sold him for? I'm not looking to sell, but with Breel Embolo playing well as well as having Lamela on the right, I'm being tempted as much as I like Son IRL. Thoughts?

I got £33m from Wolfsburg Jan season 2.

Currently in second season winter window and Bayern have offered £45m which has been rejected.... simply because he has been amazing second season.... don't like to get rid during winter window.. he Is now unhappy but im sure he will snap out of it!!!

Currently in second season winter window and Bayern have offered £45m which has been rejected.... simply because he has been amazing second season.... don't like to get rid during winter window.. he Is now unhappy but im sure he will snap out of it!!!

Same, I was rejecting bids of £45m for Son in his prime where he was the best ML/MR in the league. I ended up selling him for £20m in the end at 28 as he no longer fit in with my tactics and was starting to sulk at a lack of games :(

Up to February in season 3, and after a shaky start (18th after 8 games) a tweak to the tactics began to yield results.

We brought in Giampaolo Pazzini (a sentimental signing of a former star from 03/04) as the third striker. He's only made a handful of appearances, but I couldn't resist signing him up. More importantly, we signed Faouzi Ghoulam as our main left back. He's starred for us, initially on loan from Man Utd then signed up in the January window. He has a 7.9 average to date.

We also signed John Stones for 50 million - half our budget, but a young, English defender with his potential was too tempting to resist. I was chasing Barkley as well, but Man City snatched him up for another 50 million in January.

As things stand, we sit 5th, but only 3 points off second. We've not lost in any competition since the start of November, and have a GD of +22 - not bad considering we had a 1-3-4 record in our first 8 league games. The top 4 right now are Man City, Newcastle, Arsenal and Everton - Chelsea are languishing in 9th!

We're in the League Cup final (against Man City), and the 5th round of the FA Cup (against... Man City), but I have to mention the most ridiculous game I've ever played - our first Europa group stage match was against Sarajevo, and we ended up absolutely flattening them, 12-0. Lukaku got 9 in the first half (there's no Steam achievement for a treble treble!), Pastore bagged one and Kane got a brace after coming on for Lukaku at half-time. We 'only' won the return leg at theirs 5-0!

Season 5 & I've just sealed the title with 6 games to go. Been absolutely dominant all season.

However I now absolutely have to win the CL. We have Madrid in the QF coming up which will be tough. But I've had to promise Dybala that we'll win the CL this season to stop him demanding a transfer, to Madrid. Would be devastated to lose him.

Edit: beat them 9-4 on aggregate. Schalke in the semis.

Chalk up a first (and hopefully not last) trophy for Spurs in my game - we toppled league leaders Man City to win the League Cup, after also knocking them out of the FA Cup a week ago. In both games we came from behind - 2-0 down to win 3-2 in the FA Cup, 1-0 down to win 2-1 in the League Cup final, with super-sub Harry Kane coming off the bench to score twice :)

The only slight downer is the news that Erik Lamela will be out for around 2 months with a broken toe. Demarai Gray and Alex Pritchard (who was recalled from a pointless loan at... Man City and refused to go back out again) don't exactly make for an awe-inspiring pair on the right.

Having got past City in the FA Cup, we have a 6th round tie against Everton, the only other club from the top of the Premier League still in the competition. Brighton (19th) and Leeds (16th) with 5 Championship sides are our other opponents - Leeds have to get past a replay with Forest yet... so it may be that our match with Everton is essentially the decider. More silverware would be good - a potential treble with the Europa League even better!

On, and here's Veljkovic:

UQ3ybGa.jpg

Update on my Son situation... Bayern came back in with a £48m bid which again I rejected... up pops the old 'pressure is building on the manager to get rid' Two weeks later Son tells me he is happy. I froze him completely out of the team (Brandt came in and done brilliant) First game back Son scores 1 assists 1 MOTM!! Just sold Ben Davies for potential fee of £15m to make room for the rise of Kyle Walker-Peters who has gone from being labelled the next Ashley Cole to Stuart Pearce oddly.... don't no if that's a good thing!!!! Got £35m to spend, managed to snap up Leon Goretska from Schalke for a piddly £10m!!! He was transfer listed

One word of advice for people. I am in second season of the winter transfer and the players available due to being unhappy is mental. Cant believe the amount of talent on the transfer list for cheaper than usual prices

Into my 4th season with Spurs...First season came 4th (then lost in Champs League Qualifiers to Roma), second season I won the League. and the recent third season I came 3rd. No cup wins to speak of as yet, although fourth season should prove to be a good one.

I'm also into the new stadium but the repayments are a hassle as I like to run a tight ship financially. This has put a stop to massive spending, although with sales of players like Vertonghen, Chadli, Mason, Vorm, Fazio, Trippier, Davies, N'Jie, Dembele, Yedlin, Walker, Wimmer and Townsend I was able to flex some muscles. Don't get me wrong, I've money in the bank, but I'm being tight with it until the stadium is paid off then I'll really spend on players to strengthen right back, left back and maybe right inside-forward.

Over the four years, players I've brought in are Rooney (2.8m), Cook (12.5m) Odegaard (20m), Bakkali (14m), Cresswell (5.5m), Lucas Leiva (2.9m) and Ashley Young (free transfer).

My team is currently like this:

Lloris,

Rose, Mammana, Dier, Carter-Vickers,

Alli, Cook

Malcolm, Eriksen, Lamela

Kane

Update on my Son situation... Bayern came back in with a £48m bid which again I rejected... up pops the old 'pressure is building on the manager to get rid' Two weeks later Son tells me he is happy. I froze him completely out of the team (Brandt came in and done brilliant) First game back Son scores 1 assists 1 MOTM!! Just sold Ben Davies for potential fee of £15m to make room for the rise of Kyle Walker-Peters who has gone from being labelled the next Ashley Cole to Stuart Pearce oddly.... don't no if that's a good thing!!!! Got £35m to spend, managed to snap up Leon Goretska from Schalke for a piddly £10m!!! He was transfer listed

How much was Brandt? I was amazed at his wage requests...I walked away from the deal as he was being ridiculous.

How much was Brandt? I was amazed at his wage requests...I walked away from the deal as he was being ridiculous.

Paid 20M for him and he is on £42K a week. Nothing silly was requested if I remember... Update- moved into middle of Feb. Window finished and Son stays!!!! Been brilliant since.... Promised Trippier a move away and on deadline day Juventus come in with a potential total deal of £11.5m with 30% sell on fee!! I needed to sign someone as I only have Rose,Walker + Walker-Peters as full backs... After scouting 15/20 players I did the unthinkable and signed..... Callum Chambers from Arsenal for £15m.... thought it was value for money and of course another English player, fans aren't to happy about it but hopefully he will do well, quite versatile as well

End of season 3 and it was a historic cup treble for Spurs:

• 2-1 over Man City in the League Cup final
  • 5-1 over Newcastle in the Europa League final
  • 2-0 over Wolves in the FA Cup final

:cool:

We hunted down the leaders after our shonky start, losing only 3 times in the league after 1st October. After our 34th game, Man City had played 37 and were 12 points ahead - they had to lose their last game (against 20th placed Burnley) and we had to win our last 4. We beat Burnley (1-0), West Ham (4-1) and Arsenal (4-2) to be in with a shout on the last day, but while City stomped Burnley into the mud, we lost to West Brom. Still, 2nd is nothing to be ashamed of.

Interestingly (well, I think so) we've now finished 2nd with 74 (Chelsea top with 94), 5th with 72 (ManU top with 82) and 2nd with 73 (City top with 79). We've been pretty consistent, but one or two more wins (one or two more goals!) could have made a huge difference to the last two seasons.

Top 3s

Average ratings: Kyle Walker - 8.15, Faouzi Ghoulam - 7.78, Christian Eriksen - 7.76

Goals: Romelu Lukaku - 43, Harry Kane - 23, Christian Eriksen - 14 (Clinton N'Jie scored 23 in the Championship for Fulham)

Assists: Kyle Walker - 23, Faouzi Ghoulam/Joel Ward - 20 (43 assists from right back!)

Apps: John Stones - 58(2), Christian Eriksen - 51(6), Toby Aldeweireld - 50(5)

I think it's time for N'Jie to rejoin the team after 3 seasons out on loan. Hard to see him displacing Kane or Lukaku, but he should do a job as back-up for the striker and wingers. As for the transfer window... We don't need much. Right now the team is:

GK/SW: Hugo Lloris/Jack Butland

DL/WB: Faouzzi Ghoulam/Kyle Walker-Peters

DC/BPD: Jan Vertonghen/Cameron Carter-Vickers

DC: John Stones/Toby Alderweireld

DR/WB: Kyle Walker/Joel Ward (who's been excellent, but stuck as second choice to a player with an 8.1 average!)

MC/AP: Javier Pastore and Christian Eriksen (no preference here)

MC/DLP: Dele Alli and Will Hughes (Alli just a slight preference here)

MC/BBM: Tom Carroll/Nabil Bentaleb (Bentaleb has been surprisingly good here, but if there's an improvement to be made, it's here; Shame Barkley got snapped up in January)

AML/IF: Nacer Chadli/Christian Eriksen/Demarai Gray

AMR/IF: Erik Lamela/Demarai Gray/Alex Pritchard (recalled from loan as he wasn't getting games, showed some promise when Lamela was injured)

ST: Harry Kane/Romelu Lukaku (Lukaku scored more, but 9 came in one EL game; Kane got injured for 6 weeks too. Not much to choose between them)

So I have a dilemma end of second season I finished 3rd after winning the league 1st season!

Won league cup and semi final of fa cup Real knocked us out on away goals in 1st knock out round.

Been told nearly £50 mil to spend oh and Liverpool got relegated!!!

Now the dilemma Bayern have offered me the job for beginning of 3rd season what to do what to do?!?!?

I'm in my 3rd season now and i bought a 1st team squad together that looks like this:

Gk: Donnarumma / Dragowski

DL: Rose / Lato

DC: Dier / Gomez / Stones / Vickers

DR: Passlack / Trippier

AMR: Zivkovic / Bilal / Betancur

MC: Alli / Tielemans / Bentaleb / Ajer / Dozzel

AML: Lincoln / Grealish / Townsend

AMC: Eriksen

ST: Kane / Embolo / Kuki / Wilson / Romero

I sold alot of good players to get to this squad,also have some good 4-5 star youth 15-16 years old.

First year 2nd place in the league but won it the 2nd.

Won euro league first year and now i'm doing ok in champions league.

The local cups haven't been a succes so far.

I hope to keep this squad together because it's a young squad so they will be getting better and better.

Transfer wise my main focus is looking for top youth players and have a good transfer funds available.

Now the dilemma Bayern have offered me the job for beginning of 3rd season what to do what to do?!?!?

Split the saves? I'd take it, though. You'll always be a Spurs legend after winning the league, so where else is there to go?

Split the saves? I'd take it, though. You'll always be a Spurs legend after winning the league, so where else is there to go?

I'd split the saves too. I'm desperate for Pep to leave Bayern in my save.

They look likely to miss out on their 2nd consecutive title in my current season so fingers are crossed.

Going in hospital for a week or so on Monday. Tried starting old laptop up but its knackered. Wife gonna let me take her laptop which I play fm on. Hoping to get a few seasons wrapped up!!

Season 4 finished and I still can't win that first league title.

Unfortunately after a great season up until April, we absolutely bottled and it fell apart in the eagle matches. Losses to Norwich and Newcastle at home were the real downers. It looked like we had handed the title to Arsenal but thankfully that choked worse than we did and gave it to United, so we were runners up for a third year running.

Thankfully I lifted the FA cup for the second time. The 3rd trophy in 4 seasons. A definite improvement on recent history. We beat Norwich in the final with Lukaku scoring the winner.

Bayern knocked us out of the Campions League. We held them to a 0-0 at home, but then they outclassed us.

The Carling cup was an early exit.

Lukaku was the leagues top scorer and Kyle Walker won footballer of the year. Jordan Amavi is now firmly first choice LWB.

Unfortunately I have had a number of players coming and wanting a new challenge. (Including Lloris :() Rose and Dembele were the other two notables and I've had a big fallout with Rose about it. He's now training with the kids until he's gone.

Hopefully season 5 will bring a title

Best of luck, sallers - hope it's nothing too serious!

I've had Kyle Walker-Peters request a transfer because West Ham bid for him and apparently promised him a huge pay rise. I'm not quite ready to dig deep for him yet (I did for Kane) so he's on the list... but injured too. Tough luck, kid.

Gearing up for the new season and Lukaku broke his ankle. I went looking for a stopgap striker and put in a loan bid for Wilfried Bony. I was set to sign him when I decided to check on who was available generally...

...and now Gareth Bale is back at White Hart Lane as my third-choice striker (and first-choice left winger!)

Silly money, of course, but if there's one player I don't feel any qualms going nuts over, it's Bale :D

Tottenham Hotspur Season Review 2019/20

Well, what a season, we won every competition we were entered in, I call it a quad, but due to the game counting the Community Shield it was a quintuple!

First, our transfers for the season, Vallejo and Valente were great signings, Aurier too. Sanchez and Bollen are for the future.

xfers%2020_zpsrxxxay9c.jpg

Premier League

PL20_zpssd7zphgn.jpg

This was a stroll really, we set off at a lightning pace and no one ever looked like challenging. Our defeats were all away, to Man City, Arsenal and United.

In the Capital One Cup we put out second string and youth players all the way and beat Huddersfield (from the Championship) 3-0 in the final to win it for the second year in a row.

The FA Cup saw us beat Man Utd in the semi, 3-1 and go on to face Man City in the Final. We were 3-0 up in 15 minutes and although they pulled one back we'd done enough to claim my first FA Cup.

We also faced Man City in the CL final at San Siro. This game came a week after the FA Cup final and this was a tougher match but we came out 2-0 winners to claim Spurs first ever CL!!

EDIT: Over the last few seasons we'd developed a competitive rivalry with Man City, following these two games this rivalry is now 'Fierce', basically on a par with Arsenal and Chelsea rivalries!

We made a clean sweep of the domestic awards too:

Kyle Walker was FWA Player of the Year

Paulo Dybala was PFA Player of the Year and Golden Boot Winner. He was also CL Golden Boot Winner.

Dele Alli was PFA Young Player of the Year (mad to think he's still 'young')

Hugo Lloris won his 3rd PL Golden Glove.

Of course I took my 3rd Manager of the Year award!

Coutinho even got Goal of the Season!

Unsurprisingly the PFA Team of the Year was dominated by Spurs players. As was the CL Team of the Year.

Finally on player awards, Christian Eriksen took Best Player in Europe, with Dybala 3rd.

Here are the squad stats:

Squad20%201_zps6kgkyaxz.jpg

Squad20%202_zpsv4neibmg.jpg

(Josh Onomah spent the season on loan at WBA - in the PL - and played 30 with an average rating of 7.03. He broke his foot towards the end of the season and was recalled)

Club seasonal awards (not sure how Matt Targett gets in the TOTY at AML)

Season Review

Season injuries (top of chart only)

Shirt Sales

We did have a little bit of an FFP fine

We also had a board takeover. Unfortunately not a tycoon. A consortium which is seemingly led by an idiot. After taking over they asked for a meeting about club structure, asking if I wanted to increase the scouting budget. I said no, I'd rather we improve the youth facilities (they'd just been downgraded). They said they don't believe in youth development (!!!!) so they didn't want to do that. Two weeks later they announced they were improving the youth facilities?!

We've had quite a few additions to the Club Legends, Icons and Favoured Personnel:

Legends: Harry Kane, Gareth Bale and Kyle Walker (this is a shame cos Kyle will be leaving due to wanting a new challenge, I guess he's bored of winning stuff)

Icons: Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen (no idea how he's not a legend), Jetro Willems, Seamus Coleman, Breel Embolo, Erik Lamela

Favourites: Me, Paulo Dybala, Eric Dier, Hector Valente and Matthew Targett

Next season I'll be looking to blood some of my youth. I've got a few players who's time is probably up, Walker is one because he's requested it and possibly Lamela too, he's not been happy that Embolo is #1 at AMR now. Bale is getting on and is very injury prone. Serge Aurier has also been moody at lack of play time since Coleman came back from his broken leg. Lloris will get at least another year, he asked for a new challenge and then settled for a pay rise, he's still performing so no reason to ditch him, yet.

I won't look to make too many signings, Paul Pogba is the obvious one to add. I unsettled him in January and will go back for him, if he comes in either Bentaleb or Ruben Neves will have to leave.

COYS

Won the league first :)

Won the FA Cup

Lost the Europa league final

Lost in the 4th round of the capital cup

Not a bad first season with Spurs!!

Started season 5 with 7 players coming in and 4 notable departures.

I signed:

Callum Wilson - Bournemouth were relegated and he was the only reason they hadn't been relegated the last 4 seasons. He is perfect to be the 4th striker. £13m

Bastian Schweinsteiger - a free agent and really only signed for tutoring and to bring on to kill the odd game off.

Jan Vozar - a 17 yo regen CB who looks class 500k

Callum Gribbin - looks fantastic, signed from Man Utd for £21m. If you're at the start of your game if check him out he's a CAM that develops really nicely. Will provide great competitom for Eriksen and Lamela. May loan out for the 2nd half of the season as still only 21 and may not get enough games.

Alex Telles - rose stropped and left so Telles came in to replace. Very good so far. £9m

Rene Bouchar - another very talented regen. £3m will hopefully turn into a top ST

Lucas Silva - signed on deadline day. I have a lot of CM's but he's brilliant and will feature a lot next to Alli or McCarthy

Out -

Yoshi Muto - only scored once and was more useful for shirt sales. Took £18m from Everton.

Danny Rose - £14m terrible attitude. Had enough

Valentino Lazaro - never really cut it and was time to go. Took £7m

Garmash - same as Lazaro. Went back to Kowv for £9m

Team is now -

Gk - Lloris, Forster

CB - Carter-Vickers, Alderweireld

CB - Giminez, Vertonghen

CB - Dier, Veljkovic

RWB - Walker, Walker-Peters

LWV - Amavi, Telles

CM (D) - Lucas Silva, McCarthy, Loftus- Cheek

CM (S) - Alli, Dembele, Schweinsteiger

CAM - Eriksen, Lamela, Gribbin

ST - Kane, Lacazette

ST - Lukaku, Wilson

Started season 5 with 7 players coming in and 4 notable departures.

I signed:

Callum Wilson - Bournemouth were relegated and he was the only reason they hadn't been relegated the last 4 seasons. He is perfect to be the 4th striker. £13m

Bastian Schweinsteiger - a free agent and really only signed for tutoring and to bring on to kill the odd game off.

Jan Vozar - a 17 yo regen CB who looks class 500k

Callum Gribbin - looks fantastic, signed from Man Utd for £21m. If you're at the start of your game if check him out he's a CAM that develops really nicely. Will provide great competitom for Eriksen and Lamela. May loan out for the 2nd half of the season as still only 21 and may not get enough games.

Alex Telles - rose stropped and left so Telles came in to replace. Very good so far. £9m

Rene Bouchar - another very talented regen. £3m will hopefully turn into a top ST

Lucas Silva - signed on deadline day. I have a lot of CM's but he's brilliant and will feature a lot next to Alli or McCarthy

Out -

Yoshi Muto - only scored once and was more useful for shirt sales. Took £18m from Everton.

Danny Rose - £14m terrible attitude. Had enough

Valentino Lazaro - never really cut it and was time to go. Took £7m

Garmash - same as Lazaro. Went back to Kowv for £9m

Team is now -

Gk - Lloris, Forster

CB - Carter-Vickers, Alderweireld

CB - Giminez, Vertonghen

CB - Dier, Veljkovic

RWB - Walker, Walker-Peters

LWV - Amavi, Telles

CM (D) - Lucas Silva, McCarthy, Loftus- Cheek

CM (S) - Alli, Dembele, Schweinsteiger

CAM - Eriksen, Lamela, Gribbin

ST - Kane, Lacazette

ST - Lukaku, Wilson

Interestingly Callum Wilson is banging the goals in for Bournemouth on my save 1st and now 2nd season, in the England squad and worth £18m!!! Any first season people may wanna have a look at him. Lucas Silva any good? Available for £3m on my save, been on transfer list for 5 months now and no one after him.... him and Iturbe both available for less than £10m. With the amount on the transfer market I am half tempted to start as another manager

Tottenham Hotspur Season Review 2019/20

Well, what a season, we won every competition we were entered in, I call it a quad, but due to the game counting the Community Shield it was a quintuple!

First, our transfers for the season, Vallejo and Valente were great signings, Aurier too. Sanchez and Bollen are for the future.

xfers%2020_zpsrxxxay9c.jpg

Premier League

PL20_zpssd7zphgn.jpg

This was a stroll really, we set off at a lightning pace and no one ever looked like challenging. Our defeats were all away, to Man City, Arsenal and United.

In the Capital One Cup we put out second string and youth players all the way and beat Huddersfield (from the Championship) 3-0 in the final to win it for the second year in a row.

The FA Cup saw us beat Man Utd in the semi, 3-1 and go on to face Man City in the Final. We were 3-0 up in 15 minutes and although they pulled one back we'd done enough to claim my first FA Cup.

We also faced Man City in the CL final at San Siro. This game came a week after the FA Cup final and this was a tougher match but we came out 2-0 winners to claim Spurs first ever CL!!

EDIT: Over the last few seasons we'd developed a competitive rivalry with Man City, following these two games this rivalry is now 'Fierce', basically on a par with Arsenal and Chelsea rivalries!

We made a clean sweep of the domestic awards too:

Kyle Walker was FWA Player of the Year

Paulo Dybala was PFA Player of the Year and Golden Boot Winner. He was also CL Golden Boot Winner.

Dele Alli was PFA Young Player of the Year (mad to think he's still 'young')

Hugo Lloris won his 3rd PL Golden Glove.

Of course I took my 3rd Manager of the Year award!

Coutinho even got Goal of the Season!

Unsurprisingly the PFA Team of the Year was dominated by Spurs players. As was the CL Team of the Year.

Finally on player awards, Christian Eriksen took Best Player in Europe, with Dybala 3rd.

Here are the squad stats:

Squad20%201_zps6kgkyaxz.jpg

Squad20%202_zpsv4neibmg.jpg

(Josh Onomah spent the season on loan at WBA - in the PL - and played 30 with an average rating of 7.03. He broke his foot towards the end of the season and was recalled)

Club seasonal awards (not sure how Matt Targett gets in the TOTY at AML)

Season Review

Season injuries (top of chart only)

Shirt Sales

We did have a little bit of an FFP fine

We also had a board takeover. Unfortunately not a tycoon. A consortium which is seemingly led by an idiot. After taking over they asked for a meeting about club structure, asking if I wanted to increase the scouting budget. I said no, I'd rather we improve the youth facilities (they'd just been downgraded). They said they don't believe in youth development (!!!!) so they didn't want to do that. Two weeks later they announced they were improving the youth facilities?!

We've had quite a few additions to the Club Legends, Icons and Favoured Personnel:

Legends: Harry Kane, Gareth Bale and Kyle Walker (this is a shame cos Kyle will be leaving due to wanting a new challenge, I guess he's bored of winning stuff)

Icons: Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen (no idea how he's not a legend), Jetro Willems, Seamus Coleman, Breel Embolo, Erik Lamela

Favourites: Me, Paulo Dybala, Eric Dier, Hector Valente and Matthew Targett

Next season I'll be looking to blood some of my youth. I've got a few players who's time is probably up, Walker is one because he's requested it and possibly Lamela too, he's not been happy that Embolo is #1 at AMR now. Bale is getting on and is very injury prone. Serge Aurier has also been moody at lack of play time since Coleman came back from his broken leg. Lloris will get at least another year, he asked for a new challenge and then settled for a pay rise, he's still performing so no reason to ditch him, yet.

I won't look to make too many signings, Paul Pogba is the obvious one to add. I unsettled him in January and will go back for him, if he comes in either Bentaleb or Ruben Neves will have to leave.

COYS

Loving ur save, I am struggling to get Embolo games, Lamela is so on form, same applies with Son and Brandt, Son is just undroppable since his January paddy!! Walker has just played his 175 appearces for us or something, cant remember so he is well on his way to becoming a legend and tbf his performances are quality!!

Interestingly Callum Wilson is banging the goals in for Bournemouth on my save 1st and now 2nd season, in the England squad and worth £18m!!! Any first season people may wanna have a look at him. Lucas Silva any good? Available for £3m on my save, been on transfer list for 5 months now and no one after him.... him and Iturbe both available for less than £10m. With the amount on the transfer market I am half tempted to start as another manager

I'd take Lucas Silva for that. Iturbe can be a bit inconsistent.

Loving ur save, I am struggling to get Embolo games, Lamela is so on form, same applies with Son and Brandt, Son is just undroppable since his January paddy!! Walker has just played his 175 appearces for us or something, cant remember so he is well on his way to becoming a legend and tbf his performances are quality!!

Lamela has had a few injuries over the last few seasons and Embolo has just shone when given the chance. Sorry to lose Lamela but he's worth a lot at this point and I've got two regens that play AMR and need to play PL to develop after good seasons on loan so perfect time to cash in.

Really sorry to be losing Walker but I talked him out of leaving for a new challenge twice, 3rd time I decided to let him go.

Wow, I would definitely take him for £3m. Low risk.Here he is on my game

v3n7gh.png[/img]

He got a really nice assist coming off the bench on his debut at Liverpool, and has started the next game in the Champions league and played well. Hopefully he can keep it going.

Here is the assist. Nice first time pass.

[video=youtube;0tzpELqCeSE]

I have no experience of using Iturbe. On my game he is at Dynamo Kiev, but still looks quite good stats wise.

So I've sold Bale for £45m back to Madrid. Lamela to PSG for £50m. Walker & Aurier to Everton for a combined £25m. Ruben Neves has gone to Bayern for £40m.

I've only bought in 2, Tin Jedvaj for £14m from Stoke to back up Coleman at RB and provide CB cover. And I've bust the £100m barrier again. This time for Pogba (obviously) at £115m. His arrival will see Eriksen switch to AML allowing me to field a 3 man mid of Pogba, Valente & Alli. The thing I like about these 3 is they can all play each of the roles in my set up (AP/A; B2B; DLP/D). They will be backed up by Louis Reed, Bentaleb & Josh Onomah. Its last chance saloon for Onomah. He was quite good for West Brom last season so I'm hoping he'll be good enough this year.

COYS

So I've sold Bale for £45m back to Madrid. Lamela to PSG for £50m. Walker & Aurier to Everton for a combined £25m. Ruben Neves has gone to Bayern for £40m.

I've only bought in 2, Tin Jedvaj for £14m from Stoke to back up Coleman at RB and provide CB cover. And I've bust the £100m barrier again. This time for Pogba (obviously) at £115m. His arrival will see Eriksen switch to AML allowing me to field a 3 man mid of Pogba, Valente & Alli. The thing I like about these 3 is they can all play each of the roles in my set up (AP/A; B2B; DLP/D). They will be backed up by Louis Reed, Bentaleb & Josh Onomah. Its last chance saloon for Onomah. He was quite good for West Brom last season so I'm hoping he'll be good enough this year.

COYS

That is some big transfers there!!! Hope Onomah does it! Got high hopes for him and Walker-Peters in my save but Onomah has huge competition next season with Coric's killing it @ WBA (in prem) 2nd season and Balic doing well on loan. Some big decisions for me at the start of season 3 when I get there!

That is some big transfers there!!! Hope Onomah does it! Got high hopes for him and Walker-Peters in my save but Onomah has huge competition next season with Coric's killing it @ WBA (in prem) 2nd season and Balic doing well on loan. Some big decisions for me at the start of season 3 when I get there!

I'll be honest if Onomah wasn't Home grown he'd have been long gone. But his last season at WBA does give me hope.

KWP just never looked the part for me. Gave away so many penalties and then moaned about playing time.

I've still got Kaz Sterling in my first team squad and he's shown hints of brilliance and is still rated by my coaches to reach Kane's level.

I'll be honest if Onomah wasn't Home grown he'd have been long gone. But his last season at WBA does give me hope.

KWP just never looked the part for me. Gave away so many penalties and then moaned about playing time.

I've still got Kaz Sterling in my first team squad and he's shown hints of brilliance and is still rated by my coaches to reach Kane's level.

Really? I must admit KWP is my starting left back mainly through stubbornness on my behalf but I must admit he hasn't disappointed, been really good average rating 7.24. Sterling is highly rated for me but his stats are still really poor. CCV has now had two successful loans so may feature next year. Main 4 centre halfs are still Verts,Toby,Dier + Mammana so he may struggle next year. Same applies to milos but I do want to promote youth if possible, I just cant resist a cheeky splurge on transfers!!!!

Wow, I would definitely take him for £3m. Low risk.Here he is on my game

v3n7gh.png[/img]

He got a really nice assist coming off the bench on his debut at Liverpool, and has started the next game in the Champions league and played well. Hopefully he can keep it going.

Here is the assist. Nice first time pass.

[video=youtube;0tzpELqCeSE]

I have no experience of using Iturbe. On my game he is at Dynamo Kiev, but still looks quite good stats wise.

Thanks for unloading a photo, he looks quality, I do have depth in my centre mid so don't really need him but it was the price that shocked me. My mate swears on Iturbe every year and I have read a few people say how awesome he is.... again don't really need him but for the price and his wage demands are dirt cheap as well! That's why mentioned about starting a split save and becoming manager of another team. Transfer list could easily create a top 4 team for good money.

CCV is firmly secure as my 4th choice CB for last 3 seasons+ & is an England international. Has a tendency to get booked but never lets me down.

Milos didn't work out for me, didn't do well in his loan spells and didn't develop when given time in 1st team squad.

Broke the PL record for consecutive wins, now at 16 (goes back to last season).

Josh Onomah is sulking cos he wants more starts. I thought I'd been quite fair with him, he's started a couple times in the PL & CL as well as Capital One cup. If he wants to go he can I've got other youths that can step up if I recall them from loan in January.

Broke the PL record for consecutive wins, now at 16 (goes back to last season).

Josh Onomah is sulking cos he wants more starts. I thought I'd been quite fair with him, he's started a couple times in the PL & CL as well as Capital One cup. If he wants to go he can I've got other youths that can step up if I recall them from loan in January.

Onomah doesn't even have that high potential does he?? I never bothered with him when I was playing as Spurs. I was just loaning him out with the hope of getting value up to sell.

Onomah doesn't even have that high potential does he?? I never bothered with him when I was playing as Spurs. I was just loaning him out with the hope of getting value up to sell.

Potential to be a good PL player. Probably good enough to be an England international. That's good enough for me as a squad player. Can't all be superstars.

Potential to be a good PL player. Probably good enough to be an England international. That's good enough for me as a squad player. Can't all be superstars.

Oh, fair enough. Maybe I didn't look at him that closely! To be honest though I was playing a formation with no CAM (4-3-3 wide) so I guess it didn't suit him anyway. I was promoting Pritchard a lot more on the right wing, he was good for me.

so after A LOT of faffing around pre-season (1st season) i finally got round to playing my first PL game of this years game, what role does everyone play Son in? I play 4-3-3 (4-1-2-3 dm wide) and i play Son on the left as a W-S but his crossing is not very good, i imagine he'd be better as an IF-S as he's skilled on both feet and has good finishing

got a decent start to the league anyway, first 4 PL games are Bournemouth (H) won 1-0, was all over them hit the bar 3 times and had 1 goal ruled out for offside, thought it was gonna be one of those days) Norwich (A) yet to play them but confident i should be able to win, Swansea (H) and then Man Utd (A) this will be my first real test hopefully should have a good little run going by the time i play them though

had a dreadful pre-season, struggled to score and conceded a lot including a 3-3 with copenhagen, getting spanked 4-0 by gala, 3-2 win vs ipswich, 1-1 vs real oviedo - honestly the worst pre-season i've ever had on any fm game from 06 onwards, was dreading the season because i was leaking goals all over the shop

trying to shift a few players in pre-season no luck so far sent tom carroll on loan to newcastle & might send ccv & veljkovic to loans where they'll be first team regulars

signed mammana, zivkovic, gabriel barbosa & ajer, got lincoln & jhon arango joining when they're old enough as well

After abit of advice guys, had a very successful 3 seasons, including 3 capital one cup wins, 2 fa cups and back to back league champions in the last 2 seasons, and just lost to Juventus on penalties after a 3-3 draw in the champions league final, after leading 3 times!!

I'm looking to strengthen and have had offers accepted for Bale and Coutinhio, but they are looking for 200k + a week and 8-12million signing on fees along with 3-5million agent fews, is this normal? Seems very excessive to me!! My highest earners are currently 160-185k!

Also, unsure what to do with Kane, very inconsistent, injury prone, but on his day unplayable, I'm tempted to cash in and move Barbosa to CF and replace AMR! But it king harry.... What to do?

After abit of advice guys, had a very successful 3 seasons, including 3 capital one cup wins, 2 fa cups and back to back league champions in the last 2 seasons, and just lost to Juventus on penalties after a 3-3 draw in the champions league final, after leading 3 times!!

I'm looking to strengthen and have had offers accepted for Bale and Coutinhio, but they are looking for 200k + a week and 8-12million signing on fees along with 3-5million agent fews, is this normal? Seems very excessive to me!! My highest earners are currently 160-185k!

Also, unsure what to do with Kane, very inconsistent, injury prone, but on his day unplayable, I'm tempted to cash in and move Barbosa to CF and replace AMR! But it king harry.... What to do?

Personally keep him.... who is his competition?!?! Sometimes its good for bit of competition, plus if he isn't performing someone can step up, then when you play Kane in the lesser games he might start performing again!?!? I know you said move Barbosa to CF but why don't u buy Bale to play AMR or someone else AMR and let Barbosa flex between the two? I would have Kane with Barbosa flexing between AMR and CF depending on who is playing better but depends who your options are up top and AMR. I currently have......CF- Kane/Barbosa/R. Zivkovic

RW- Barbosa/Lamela/A. Zivkovic

Wage & fees wise, if you want the best you've got to pay. Bale & Coutinho are both incredible and worth it, & they might be the difference between CL failure or glory (although if you're pegged back 3 times you might want a word with your defenders). I'd pay those fees & wages (I have already).

There are cheaper options out there for AML though. One I've been after forever is Driussi, Argentinian lad. Went to Liverpool instead of me 3 years ago (which is why I bought Coutinho from them, spite). They now want a fortune for him but his wage demands are more reasonable. Atm.

As for Kane, he's not my 1st choice anymore & he is injury prone & streaky. But his HG status means he's staying forever unless I get offered ridiculous money.