FM16: Tottenham Hotspur - In Harry we trust

Prowl

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to be starting a Tottenham game tonight. Any advice on who to sell, who to buy?

Like Welshace has said, lots of people have posted but since it's New Year's, I'll give some quick ones:

Buy:

-a Striker. Possible options: Breel Embolo, Luan, Gabriel Barbosa

Sell:

-Federico Fazio, Nacer Chadli. They aren't terrible players, but with all the depth you have, those are the 2 most expendable. If you play them a lot, you can make some solid coin. Chadli can go for 20-25 million in the January window

My first off season has seen me bat away the likes of PSG and United for Lamela and Kane. I did have to offer Lamela a slight raise to stay while Kane sacked his agent at my request. Still looking for takers on Wimmer and Vorm since I have Mammana and Dragowski next season. Still considering other signings but I really like my existing squad and don't think the team needs huge upgrades.

Hi guys,

Loving the new updates from everyone, just treated myself to a shiny new iMac so restarted my game. Just into October season 2, once i learn how to take screenshots i will upload. Dele Alli is a complete BEAST!!!! Enough said!!! Kyle Walker-Peters is now my starting LB, I'm giving him a chance and he is repaying me massively, starting line up looks like this:

GK- Lloris/Rulli

RB- Walker/Trippier

CB- Vertonghen/Mammana

CB- Dier/Toby

LB- KWP/Rose

DMC- Bazoer/Ajer

CM- Alli/Bentaleb

LM- Brandt/ Son

RW- Lamela/Gabriel

AMC- Eriksen/Embolo

ST- Kane/R.Zivkovic

Still got players like Davies/Mason/A.Zivkovic/Pritchard in and around.

Cameron Carter-Vickers is on his second successful loan! 3.5* potential and potential to be world class, same applies to Milos who his in his second season on loan at Red Star. Are youth players are looking like good prospects

2018/19 Season Review

First of all our transfer business:

1yd3dV.jpg

This season started pretty poorly, with a loss to Crystal Palace on penalties in the Community Shield. We'd lost to them in the FA Cup semis the same way last season. 2 weeks later we lost our first home game at New WHL to them too. Grrrrr.

The Premier League title was eventually retained though. Just. On the last day! Even though both us and City lost!

znYwgy.jpg

Everton led the table for most of the season, while we were only top for a total of 4 weeks!

In other competitions:

We won the Capital One Cup beating Derby 5-0 in the final.

The FA cup and Champions League proved to be heartbreakers. We lost in the finals of both. Eriksen and Dele Alli both missed the last few weeks of the season and we missed them massively in the finals. We lost 2-1 in both to Chelsea and Valencia respectively. In both games we led 1-0 with 15 minutes left. Gutted.

During the season two players made it into the World Team of the Year.

End of season awards and Christian Eriksen got the PFA award. Eriksen also set this record.

Paulo Dybala got 3rd in PL and CL Golden Boots.

Hugo Lloris got 2nd in PL Gold Gloves.

Player Stats for the season:

sFUW6Z.jpg

PxZUzM.jpg

Our annual awards

Season review

Our injuries

Shirt sales info

Good news on training facilities

And finally, huge news on the finance front:

bYccbB.jpg

Next season I've got one aim, the Champions League!

COYS

Early December of season 2, having finished 2nd by a long distance from Chelsea in season 1. We won 5/6 in the CL group stages, although got mauled by Athletico Madrid at their place.

We had a slow start to the league as I experimented with a new 41221 formation, but reverting to the typical 4231 has seen results pick up, including thumping Man City 4-0, and coming from behind to beat Chelsea 2-1, overtaking Arsenal for 3rd in the process.

We sold Townsend (6M, WBA), Dier (46M, Man C) and Wimmer (18M, PSG) together with Fazio (5.5M, PSG) in the January window. We've signed Alda Turan (12M), Matt Ritchie (7M), Ryan Bennett (600k), Will Hughes (12M), Mario Kovacic (1M, loaned to Fulham) and loaned in Sami Khedira from Juventus for the season, with a view to a permanent deal.

Alli and Hughes have been fantastic, Turan fitfully brilliant, but our main problem is having to rotate almost every match to keep a reasonably fit starting XI. Aldeweireld and Vertonghen have improved from last season, but we're still having to call on Bennett and Cameron Carter-Vickers a lot. Still, our midfield is a joy - Dembele is playing for a new contract, while Alli, Hughes, Bentaleb and Carroll are all chipping in. Ryan Mason is spending more time on loan, but if Dembele doesn't re-up his deal, he'll have a place next season.

The only slight blot has been Dembele upsetting team morale by throwing a strop over Dier's leaving. I promised that we'd strengthen with the money, but apparently Hughes and Khedira aren't adequate replacements - I suppose as Khedira's only on loan, he's not counted.

but our main problem is having to rotate almost every match to keep a reasonably fit starting XI. Aldeweireld and Vertonghen have improved from last season, but we're still having to call on Bennett and Cameron Carter-Vickers a lot. Still, our midfield is a joy -

I have had to do the same in the past. What tactic are you using? If you are using a high tempo pressing game maybe drop it down a bit against weaker teams or at the very least once you look comfortable in matches.

Season 3 is over. Was one of the toughest I've had. Bringing in Lukaku meant for the first half of the season I was really struggling to find a way to fit him and Kane in the side, or keeping them both happy. I went from 4-2-3-1 to 4-1-2-1-2 and have finally settled on the 5-3-2 with wing backs. This tactic was used from December and really kick started my season.

This meant a few changes were needed in the January window. I let Mahrez go to Swansea. He was no longer able to fit into my team with the formation. I then brought in Vicente Iborra from Seville. I needed a more defensive minded midfielder to help cover. The big signing of the window was Lacazette. He came in for £37m. Kane, Lukaku and Lacazette. What a 3 strikers to choose from.

This was the first season we didn't win a trophy. The Carling Cup was lost in the final to City.

We were knocked out of the FA cup at the 5th round, losing a replay to Liverpool.

In the league we finished 2nd for the 2nd season running. Chelsea were the winners again but it was good to once more finish above Arsenal.

The Champions league was the most gutting. We got through the last 16 after coming back from being 2-0 down in the first leg to Monaco, only to come back and win the 2nd leg 3-0 AET. We then knocked Real Madrid out in the quarters on penalties. A great achievement. Unfortunately we were knocked out in the semis to an away goal against Juve. Two semi final defeats in a row in this competition...

Player wise, Lukaku was a hit in his first season. 31 goals to his name. Kyle Walker-Peters is developing into a really class full back. I am blessed as on the left flank Amavi and Rose are equally brilliant.

Next season I'm desperate to change runners up into Champions

edgar- quality update as usual, got some real talent in that team, good to see its Eriksen that is the highest starred player amongst all of those players!

Thanks mate.

Eriksen has been the standout player each year. Just brilliant. And amazingly no one has come chasing after him. Until this summer when Barca sniffed around. However a shiny new £275k pw contract and he didn't even stress me about it. Happy days.

Didn't do much in transfer market over the summer. Sold Walker-Peters, he's not come on as well as he has for others, was prone to mistakes and just didn't cut it for me. Sold Marquinhos too, mainly because he picks up lots of injuries so got rid. Replaced him with Jesus Vallejo who is a definite upgrade.

Juve bid £70m for Breel Embolo which I accepted but he turned them down. I was going to replace him with Eden Hazard who would have cost me £85m but pulled the deal when Embolo stayed. Was tempted to go for a new keeper this year, Lloris has peaked and is starting a minor decline. Decided to give him one more year and a go at the CL.

Seamus Coleman broke his leg in our first preseason match and with him out til January I snapped up Serge Aurier for £5m to back up Kyle Walker and offer options across the back line.

Only other signing was an Argentinian regen I snapped up last season and loaned back to Boca. He's a DLP/BBM/AP and at only 19 is already a full international. With his arrival I sold Lorenzo Crisetig for £17.25m. He was only with us a year and was great but I've doubled my money almost on him so happy days.

Also ditched my DoF and AssMan. Replaced Leonardo as DoF with Frank Arnesen. My new AssMan is an upgrade on Perez and is young and can improve.

Hi, I have been reading with interest as i am a Spurs fan. Had a couple of saves to determine which striker to buy ...

1 - Diego Rolan - I had Luiz Suarez? in my mind

The best CA striker you can get for decent money unless you ask for a wage budget increase and blow the lot on Romelu Lukaku.

2 Embolo, Calleri (Tevez?), Luan the picks of the prospect strikers of which i cannot choose between.

My 1st Season Targets all achieved ...

Premier League - 4th

League Cup - Winners

Europa League - Winners

FA Cup - Winners

My Transfers ...

Diego Rolan - 16m

Pione Sisto (JAN) (10m)

Iver Fossum (JAN)

Kristoffer Ajer (JAN)

Loaned KWP, CCV, Winks and Onomah to affiliate club Fulham.

Pritchard to Palace

Veljkovic and McEvoy loaned to Championship clubs.

McGhee loaned to League 2.

Starting XI / Europa League XI / Game Changers (Hold/Create/Score)

Lloris / Vorm

Walker / Trippier

Toby / Fazio

Verts / Wimmer

Rose / Davies

Alli / Mason

Dier / Bentaleb / Dembele

Lamela / Townsend

Eriksen

Chadli / Sisto / Son

Kane / Njie / Rolan

Note that Dembele, Son and Rolan gave me the bench to change games in my favour, quality and depth.

If you shun the Cups it is very possible to win the league as i have seen alot of you guys already have but i love the cups.

A Europa League XI is a great way to save legs though, I used Cy Goddard off the bench instead of taking Alli as i did with Zenon Stylianides in the domestic cup games to save Dier.

Also in my game management box of tricks that prove to be successful was Townsend WB-A if need be. Chadli is very good B2B and DLP-D, Son AF-A, Dembele CAM, Dier RB, CB, LB even B2B but mostly used him as DLP-D, hes shaky to start but sub Dembele on in his place for 5/6 games and he really reacts well. Carrol is also useful talent, i used him in every position in midfield.

Most used tactic was 4231 Wide

GK-D (dist. to FBs)

WB-A CD-D BPD-D WB-S (switchin to A for Countering away)

B2B (tackle harder, fewer risky) DLP-D

IF-S AVP-A IF-A

TM-S

I had retain, close more, deeper line, play narrower, play out defence, exploit right and left, lower tempo and look for overlap instructions on all the way through with Control & Fluid except for between 20-60 minutes whilst countering in away games.

I was unbeaten at White Hart Lane.

Just starting 2nd Season, beat Chelsea 2-0 in Comm Sheild with Juventus to come in Super Cup.

Ive sold Chadli for 30m, Fazio 8.5m, Townsend 8m, Mason 750k, Ward 750k, Vorm 2.5m, Carrol free

Loaned out Fossum, Ajer, Njie and Yedlin to Fulham.

Veljkovic loaned to Augsburg.

KWP, CCV, Winks and Onomah loaned to Championship.

And my Summer signings are ... Rulli free, Carillo free, Embolo 15m, Tielemans 10m and Jemerson 10m.

Had posibility of signing Pogba, Verratti and Rues in the summer but decided against the wage bill even though i had a 119m budget :O

COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

Edgar what skin are you using, looks mint

i need to find some time to start my save up, been sitting on the first day doing all the scouting for players and mostly staff as i've sacked pretty much everyone - which leads me has anyone got any good u21 & u18 staff to sign who will be an improvement (shouldn't be too hard)

Just into March 2020 and just beat man city 1-0 in league cup. In 1/4 final of FA cup and last 16 of champs league but 2-0 to PSG after first leg. Sitting top of the table, after 27 games 1 point clear and a game in hand of Man U. Made some decent signings. Will update at end of season

Season 4 has begun. The first season in the 'New White Hart Lane'.

3 players came in, with one departing.

The first deal was bringing James McCarthy in from Everton. I signed him for £10m plus Nabil Bentaleb. It may sound crazy but I needed a solid, defensive minded centre midfielder. Bentaleb had not developed as I had wanted and is Well behind Ali, McCarthy and Dembele in the pecking order. Bentaleb was also in the final year of his contract.

The other two signings were squad signings. Yoshi Muto came in from Mainz. A good player to be 4th choice striker, but the main attraction was that he is going to be massive for short sales and should pay off his £20m fee just with shirts.

The other was Denys Garmash from Kiev. I was looking for someone to come in and be happy to play 2nd fiddle to Alli. He has quality and will do a job.

Will be continuing with the 3-5-2 formation that turned my season around.

Gk - lloris , McGhee

CB - Dier, Veljkovic

CB - Alderweireld, Carter-Vickers

CB - Giminez, Vertonghen

RWB - Walker, Walker-Peters

LWB - Rose, Amavi

CM (defend) - McCarthy, Dembele

CM (support) - Alli, Garmash, Onomah

AM - Eriksen, Lamela, Edwards

ST - Kane, Lukaku, Lacazette, Muto

Well...

Game 38 and we need to win to avoid dropping out of the top 4 after taking 5 points from our last 6 games. Sadly, we're playing Arsenal, who sit back and defend, defend, defend. They manage 1 shot on target... and it goes in (this is a recurring theme this season; Hugo has not covered himself in glory - he's got the lowest average rating of everyone). Despite Kane scoring early to settle nerves, their equaliser takes it out of us and with Liverpool winning, they move into 3rd off the back of a run that's seen them win 8 and draw 1 of their last 9 games. Hard to argue with that.

We end the season 5th. Dembele's leaving on a free after we failed to strengthen the squad as much as he wanted, despite signing Javier Pastore. In fairness, that money could probably have been better spent on a decent centre-back - Vertonghen improved this season, but Alderweireld still only just scraped a 7 average, despite Khedira shielding the back four.

So, the summer business is as follows: Vorm, Charlie Austin, Dembele (already gone), Khedira (loan ending) and possibly Son and/or Chadli will go. Their replacements will be sharper and better - Butland is already lined up for the 13 shirt and Kyle Walker-Peters will graduate to the senior squad. New blood is needed at centre-back, but Carroll and Mason can cover midfield with Alli, Bentaleb and Will Hughes.

I really, really need a good striker to share the load with Kane, though. Austin got 18 in 26, which isn't bad, but we're not scoring enough - so many games would have been changed by just one goal when we were hammering teams and just couldn't convert our chances.

All this, of course, is assuming I don't get sacked...

Season finished, lost in FA cup semi v Liverpool, PSG knocked me out of champs league 3-2 on agg. But i won the league!!!!!

Kyle walker players player of the year, dele Alli players young player, Mauro Icardi, top scorer, I got manager of the year. 4 players in team of the year! Brilliant season!!

Hey guys, I just realised that Tottenham are playing at Wembley for the second consecutive season, just wondering if any of you have had this happen to your save?

I'm playing in the Premier League and as a direct rival and this gives them a gigantic advantage over me in terms of revenue.

edit: scrap that, first game of the season and they're in the 61,000 seater NWHL. Sorry lads.

It's been a couple of seasons since I did an update so apologies for the monster post, but in 2021 I finally won the Premier League, here have been my results thus far.

[table=width: 500, class: grid, align: left]

[tr]

[td]Year[/td]

[td]Premier League[/td]

[td]Champions League[/td]

[td]FA Cup[/td]

[td]Carling Cup[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]15/16[/td]

[td]3rd / 79 PTS / 63F 28A[/td]

[td]N/A[/td]

[td]Won against Chelsea[/td]

[td]3rd Round (Lost to Arsenal)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]16/17[/td]

[td]4th / 70 PTS / 62F 36A[/td]

[td]1st Round (Lost to Barcelona) [/td]

[td]6th Round (Lost to Arsenal)[/td]

[td]Final (Lost to Man City)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]17/18[/td]

[td]2nd / 78 PTS / 68F 36A[/td]

[td]Semi Final (Lost to Leverkusen)[/td]

[td]6th Round (Lost to Bournemouth)[/td]

[td]Won against Leicester[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]18/19[/td]

[td]3rd / 74 PTS / 95F 44A[/td]

[td]Semi Final (Lost to Real Madrid)[/td]

[td]Won against Crystal Palace[/td]

[td]Quarter Final (Lost to Chelsea)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]19/20[/td]

[td]2nd / 86 PTS / 72F 25A[/td]

[td]Final (Lost to Barcelona)[/td]

[td]Won against Hull[/td]

[td]3rd Round (Lost to Wolves)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]20/21[/td]

[td]1st / 86 PTS / 76F 25A[/td]

[td]Quarter Final (Lost to Real Madrid)[/td]

[td]5th Round (Lost to Stoke)[/td]

[td]Final (Lost to Man Utd)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Since my update in 16/17 I've calmed down a little in the transfer market as I had in a solid foundation of players. Here are my notable in's and out's

17/18 In

Passlack 17m - Still a mainstay at right back, legend achieving 7.8 averages over a season.

Romagnoli 46m - First of my big buys, still rocking it at the back in 2021 and I don't regret the money spent at all

Arango 1m

Tripichio 6m

Pogba 82m - Similar to Romagnoli, big investment but I don't regret it nor his 300k a week wages as he delivers!

17/18 Out

Malcom 55m to Real Madrid

Bazoer 50m to PSG

Horn 35m to PSG

Chadli 20m to West Ham

Walker 16m to Liverpool

Vertonghen 12m to Man Utd

Rose 9m to Liverpool

18/19 In

Vrsaljko 7m

Lucas 12m

Eneko Martin 20m (favourite regen so far, absolute legend, at 20 has 16 heading, 18 marking, 17 tackling, 17 anticipation, 20 decisions, 17 positioning, 15 jumping, 16 pace, 16 acceleration, 18 strength)

18/19 Out

Kane 40m to Man City (he was struggling to deliver for a while, so was happy to get some good value out of him)

Gomez 26m to West Ham (good but not quite the quality for first team, so was happy with a profit)

Tripichio 20m to Bayern

Alderweireld 12m to Sunderland (wanted to cash-in before he got too old, but was sad to see the Vice Captain go)

CCV 4m to Southampton (decided he was never going to make an impact on the first team, so let him go)

Onomah 3m to West Brom (didn't quite have enough talent to keep)

N'Jie 3m to Freiburg

Glover 250k to Reading (but now valued at 4m, so maybe I missed out on capitalizing on him)

Edwards 150k to Reading

19/20 In

De Sciglio 23m (a last minute purchase for some quality cover after Vrsaljko threw a tantrum on deadline day)

Another 70m on 4-5* regens

19/20 Out

Mammana 20m to Juventus

Bentaleb 20m to Crystal Palace

Vrsaljko 18m to Real Madrid

20/21 In

70m on 4-5* regens

20/21 Out

Barbosa 21m to Atletico

Nunnely 20m to Atletico

Son-Heung Min 20m to Newcastle (a real legend at the club for a couple of seasons, but sulky when out the first team and declining in ability so I had to sell him on while I still could. His wages were at 150k which was just too much for a sulky rotation player, the fans weren't happy when I sold him though as he is regarded as a club icon!)

Romero 9m to OM

Nouri 8m to Villa

Arango 7m to Newcastle

Dragowski 6m to Napoli (never fulfilled his potential, possibly needed more games. Really struggling to find good prospect GK's in this years iteration though!)

Ould-Chikh 5m to Derby (an absolute steal, but was never going to get games and his contract was running down)

This leaves my current team in June 2021 as:-

GK: Lloris / de Graaf (Dutch regen)

DL: Arteaga (Spanish regen) / Jorge / KWP

DC: Romagnoli / Lucas

DC: Martin (Spanish regen) / Isik (Turkish regen)

DR: Passlack / De Sciglio / Arce (Argentinean regen)

DM: Ajer / Griffiths (English regen)

MC: Pogba / Alli / Hoek (Dutch regen)

MC: Eriksen / Seynaeve (Belgian regen) / Wassal (English regen)

AML: Pavon / Ramon (Spanish regen)

AMR: Odegaard / Nageli (Swiss regen)

ST: Embolo / Cesar (Brazilian regen)

So from the original squad I've still got Lloris, Eriksen, Alli and oddly KWP. KWP is a quality tutor with 20 Determination, low wages, never complains about not enough games and always performs when called upon. I've rejected a couple of offers of 10m for him, so in my opinion he is the most valuable of the starting Spurs B team. I'm looking to upgrade on Lloris, but even at 34 I am struggling to find any keepers who can best him despite his ranking of 2*

I've got 250m in the transfer budget and 1.5m left in payroll, but I'm not really sure where to invest in to improve. I'd take a world class Half-back or Sweeper Keeper, so I'll see if I can find anyone fitting the bill there.

Hi

Currently sitting at the start of the Jan transfer window in Season 1.

I am 3rd in the league but 11 points behind Arsenal and Chelsea in 1st and 2nd.

Down to 7th is only split by 6 points though so it is very tight and I really want to maintain top 4 to get in CL.

As per real life I am completely relying on Kane up front so need to bring in a striker this window, to back up Kane so not a world super star just yet.

I have Davie Selke who I signed in the summer as back up at the moment who is ok coming on from the bench, but not confident enough to start him when Kane is tired or for a different option.

Breel Embolo offer was accepted but he said our club didnt match his ambition and I couldnt convince him otherwise. Gabriel Barbosa chose FC Bayern over me for half the wages :(

I did just manage to sign a transfer listed Douglas Costa for 14m from FC Bayern so my flanks are now very covered so Son could now be free'd up to play up top.

Who would you guys be ooking toward at this stage of the game, budget is approx 15m but couldnt be upped using monthly payments I guess.

Berahino bids of 17m not being accepted and dont really want to go over 20m for him.

Cheers

Hi

Down to 7th is only split by 6 points though so it is very tight and I really want to maintain top 4 to get in CL.

As per real life I am completely relying on Kane up front so need to bring in a striker this window, to back up Kane so not a world super star just yet.

I have Davie Selke who I signed in the summer as back up at the moment who is ok coming on from the bench, but not confident enough to start him when Kane is tired or for a different option.

Breel Embolo offer was accepted but he said our club didnt match his ambition and I couldnt convince him otherwise. Gabriel Barbosa chose FC Bayern over me for half the wages :(

I did just manage to sign a transfer listed Douglas Costa for 14m from FC Bayern so my flanks are now very covered so Son could now be free'd up to play up top.

Who would you guys be ooking toward at this stage of the game, budget is approx 15m but couldnt be upped using monthly payments I guess.

Berahino bids of 17m not being accepted and dont really want to go over 20m for him.

Cheers

Have heard good things about Davie Selke, he is worth about £30m in my game (July 2020)

Hi

Cheers

Charlie Austin? Zach Clough? Kevin Gameiro?

It's been a couple of seasons since I did an update so apologies for the monster post, but in 2021 I finally won the Premier League, here have been my results thus far.

[table=width: 500, class: grid, align: left]

[tr]

[td]Year[/td]

[td]Premier League[/td]

[td]Champions League[/td]

[td]FA Cup[/td]

[td]Carling Cup[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]15/16[/td]

[td]3rd / 79 PTS / 63F 28A[/td]

[td]N/A[/td]

[td]Won against Chelsea[/td]

[td]3rd Round (Lost to Arsenal)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]16/17[/td]

[td]4th / 70 PTS / 62F 36A[/td]

[td]1st Round (Lost to Barcelona) [/td]

[td]6th Round (Lost to Arsenal)[/td]

[td]Final (Lost to Man City)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]17/18[/td]

[td]2nd / 78 PTS / 68F 36A[/td]

[td]Semi Final (Lost to Leverkusen)[/td]

[td]6th Round (Lost to Bournemouth)[/td]

[td]Won against Leicester[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]18/19[/td]

[td]3rd / 74 PTS / 95F 44A[/td]

[td]Semi Final (Lost to Real Madrid)[/td]

[td]Won against Crystal Palace[/td]

[td]Quarter Final (Lost to Chelsea)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]19/20[/td]

[td]2nd / 86 PTS / 72F 25A[/td]

[td]Final (Lost to Barcelona)[/td]

[td]Won against Hull[/td]

[td]3rd Round (Lost to Wolves)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]20/21[/td]

[td]1st / 86 PTS / 76F 25A[/td]

[td]Quarter Final (Lost to Real Madrid)[/td]

[td]5th Round (Lost to Stoke)[/td]

[td]Final (Lost to Man Utd)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Since my update in 16/17 I've calmed down a little in the transfer market as I had in a solid foundation of players. Here are my notable in's and out's

17/18 In

Passlack 17m - Still a mainstay at right back, legend achieving 7.8 averages over a season.

Romagnoli 46m - First of my big buys, still rocking it at the back in 2021 and I don't regret the money spent at all

Arango 1m

Tripichio 6m

Pogba 82m - Similar to Romagnoli, big investment but I don't regret it nor his 300k a week wages as he delivers!

17/18 Out

Malcom 55m to Real Madrid

Bazoer 50m to PSG

Horn 35m to PSG

Chadli 20m to West Ham

Walker 16m to Liverpool

Vertonghen 12m to Man Utd

Rose 9m to Liverpool

18/19 In

Vrsaljko 7m

Lucas 12m

Eneko Martin 20m (favourite regen so far, absolute legend, at 20 has 16 heading, 18 marking, 17 tackling, 17 anticipation, 20 decisions, 17 positioning, 15 jumping, 16 pace, 16 acceleration, 18 strength)

18/19 Out

Kane 40m to Man City (he was struggling to deliver for a while, so was happy to get some good value out of him)

Gomez 26m to West Ham (good but not quite the quality for first team, so was happy with a profit)

Tripichio 20m to Bayern

Alderweireld 12m to Sunderland (wanted to cash-in before he got too old, but was sad to see the Vice Captain go)

CCV 4m to Southampton (decided he was never going to make an impact on the first team, so let him go)

Onomah 3m to West Brom (didn't quite have enough talent to keep)

N'Jie 3m to Freiburg

Glover 250k to Reading (but now valued at 4m, so maybe I missed out on capitalizing on him)

Edwards 150k to Reading

19/20 In

De Sciglio 23m (a last minute purchase for some quality cover after Vrsaljko threw a tantrum on deadline day)

Another 70m on 4-5* regens

19/20 Out

Mammana 20m to Juventus

Bentaleb 20m to Crystal Palace

Vrsaljko 18m to Real Madrid

20/21 In

70m on 4-5* regens

20/21 Out

Barbosa 21m to Atletico

Nunnely 20m to Atletico

Son-Heung Min 20m to Newcastle (a real legend at the club for a couple of seasons, but sulky when out the first team and declining in ability so I had to sell him on while I still could. His wages were at 150k which was just too much for a sulky rotation player, the fans weren't happy when I sold him though as he is regarded as a club icon!)

Romero 9m to OM

Nouri 8m to Villa

Arango 7m to Newcastle

Dragowski 6m to Napoli (never fulfilled his potential, possibly needed more games. Really struggling to find good prospect GK's in this years iteration though!)

Ould-Chikh 5m to Derby (an absolute steal, but was never going to get games and his contract was running down)

This leaves my current team in June 2021 as:-

GK: Lloris / de Graaf (Dutch regen)

DL: Arteaga (Spanish regen) / Jorge / KWP

DC: Romagnoli / Lucas

DC: Martin (Spanish regen) / Isik (Turkish regen)

DR: Passlack / De Sciglio / Arce (Argentinean regen)

DM: Ajer / Griffiths (English regen)

MC: Pogba / Alli / Hoek (Dutch regen)

MC: Eriksen / Seynaeve (Belgian regen) / Wassal (English regen)

AML: Pavon / Ramon (Spanish regen)

AMR: Odegaard / Nageli (Swiss regen)

ST: Embolo / Cesar (Brazilian regen)

So from the original squad I've still got Lloris, Eriksen, Alli and oddly KWP. KWP is a quality tutor with 20 Determination, low wages, never complains about not enough games and always performs when called upon. I've rejected a couple of offers of 10m for him, so in my opinion he is the most valuable of the starting Spurs B team. I'm looking to upgrade on Lloris, but even at 34 I am struggling to find any keepers who can best him despite his ranking of 2*

I've got 250m in the transfer budget and 1.5m left in payroll, but I'm not really sure where to invest in to improve. I'd take a world class Half-back or Sweeper Keeper, so I'll see if I can find anyone fitting the bill there.

Nice update!!! Giving Arsene Wenger a run for his money with that shrewd business and transfer budget!!! Good work though mate, team looks quality, glad to see KWP is getting some recognition, I am playing him every game season 2 left back due to being stubborn and the fact he never gets below a 7.0 rating!!!

Quick question on Christian Eriksen. My backroom staff keep suggesting to stop him dictating the tempo of games which I keep ignoring as to me a player of his ability should be doing just that. His performances are superb so I don't want to change it. However I play him AML - IF/SU and with other quality players in the middle of the park perhaps dictating tempo is something that should be taken out of his game.

What are your thoughts on this, have you had success either way?

Right, interesting close season so far.

We signed Jack Butland early on. He was transfer listed during the season, but that had blown over by the time we settled on moving Vorm on. He cost us 6 million up front, plus incentives over time.

We've sold:

Charlie Austin to Everton for 8.5m, getting our money back after signing him from QPR before season 1

Son Heung-Min to West Ham for 21.5m after he asked to be allowed to move to them for higher wages

Michael Vorm to Monaco for 1.2m

Danny Rose and Ben Davies to Liverpool for a combined 29m, and if you can tell me why they desperately wanted two left backs that badly, I'll be interested. Rose wanted to leave after being unsettled by a derisory bid from Man City and we got 16.5m for him. Davies was a target of a bid I negotiated to what I thought was a stupid amount (for Ben Davies) of 12.5m, but Liverpool accepted straight away. They also signed Kieran Trippier from us for 8m back in January, which in hindsight was far too cheap.

Matt Ritchie to Derby for 7m, getting our money back after signing him from Bournemouth after season 1

Moussa Dembele is leaving for Everton on a free after we failed to strengthen the team adequately (he was unsettled by our selling Dier for 45 million. So was I, but 45 million!)

As of 1st July our team is as follows:

GK: Lloris/Butland

DL: ???/Walker-Peters/Joel Ward

DLC: Vertonghen/???/Ryan Bennett

DRC: Aldeweireld/Carter-Vickers/Ryan Bennett

DR: Walker/Joel Ward/Walker-Peters

DM: Will Hughes/Bentaleb

MC: Alli/Carroll/Mason

AML: Arda Turan/Chadli

AMC: Eriksen/Javier Pastore

AMR: Lamela/Demarai Gray/N'Jie (likely to move on/be loaned to our affiliate)

ST: Kane and Lukaku, signing for 38m + clauses

With the move to Wembley confirmed, we've around 100m in the bank after all the sales, and only really a left back and back-up for Vertonghen to find. Should be fun :)

Nice update!!! Giving Arsene Wenger a run for his money with that shrewd business and transfer budget!!! Good work though mate, team looks quality, glad to see KWP is getting some recognition, I am playing him every game season 2 left back due to being stubborn and the fact he never gets below a 7.0 rating!!!

Aha thanks, yeah that is rather sad that I am emulating Arsene Wenger :( There are just so few improvements out there on the market at mo without paying crazy fees, paying 83m for Pogba and 46m for Romagnoli was painful enough!

Is anyone else cursed with meeting Barcelona in the Champions League every season? I've met them every season so far, even after winning my group every time I met them in the First Round 3 seasons in a row... And the only time I got to the Final, they were there... Scoundrels!

Quick question on Christian Eriksen. My backroom staff keep suggesting to stop him dictating the tempo of games which I keep ignoring as to me a player of his ability should be doing just that. His performances are superb so I don't want to change it. However I play him AML - IF/SU and with other quality players in the middle of the park perhaps dictating tempo is something that should be taken out of his game.

What are your thoughts on this, have you had success either way?

I got an email saying he had worked hard to stop dictating tempo - I thought it was a bit weird, but since I play in Touch mode I never got the chance to prevent it before it had happened. I don't think it's made a blind bit of difference though, he was class before and is still class now.

I'm only like a third through season 2 on my Spurs game, but my squad is something like this:

GK: Lloris / Moya

FB: Dier / Walker

CB(cd): Alderweireld / Dier

CB(bpd): Vertonghen / Denayer

FB: Willems / Rose

CM(b2b): Alli / Dembele / Bentaleb

CM(bw): Krychowiak / Onazi / Tiago Maio

CM(ap): Eriksen / Tielemans / Bentaleb

RW(if): Lamela / Barbosa / Pritchard

LW(w): Son / Lavezzi

ST(cf): Kane / Barbosa

Lavezzi was a free end-of-contract signing, then he promptly got a 3 month injury so he's only played twice so far. Moya was bought for cheap as a back-up since I loaned out Vorm and will sell him shortly. I'm a little overstocked in midfield but Onazi has been pretty poor since I signed him so I'll probably sell him on. For youth players I still have high hopes for Carter-Vickers (out on loan somewhere) and Andre Dozzell, who I gave a debut to last season and made him the youngest ever Spurs player.

Right, interesting close season so far.

We signed Jack Butland early on. He was transfer listed during the season, but that had blown over by the time we settled on moving Vorm on. He cost us 6 million up front, plus incentives over time.

We've sold:

Charlie Austin to Everton for 8.5m, getting our money back after signing him from QPR before season 1

Son Heung-Min to West Ham for 21.5m after he asked to be allowed to move to them for higher wages

Michael Vorm to Monaco for 1.2m

Danny Rose and Ben Davies to Liverpool for a combined 29m, and if you can tell me why they desperately wanted two left backs that badly, I'll be interested. Rose wanted to leave after being unsettled by a derisory bid from Man City and we got 16.5m for him. Davies was a target of a bid I negotiated to what I thought was a stupid amount (for Ben Davies) of 12.5m, but Liverpool accepted straight away. They also signed Kieran Trippier from us for 8m back in January, which in hindsight was far too cheap.

Matt Ritchie to Derby for 7m, getting our money back after signing him from Bournemouth after season 1

Moussa Dembele is leaving for Everton on a free after we failed to strengthen the team adequately (he was unsettled by our selling Dier for 45 million. So was I, but 45 million!)

As of 1st July our team is as follows:

GK: Lloris/Butland

DL: ???/Walker-Peters/Joel Ward

DLC: Vertonghen/???/Ryan Bennett

DRC: Aldeweireld/Carter-Vickers/Ryan Bennett

DR: Walker/Joel Ward/Walker-Peters

DM: Will Hughes/Bentaleb

MC: Alli/Carroll/Mason

AML: Arda Turan/Chadli

AMC: Eriksen/Javier Pastore

AMR: Lamela/Demarai Gray/N'Jie (likely to move on/be loaned to our affiliate)

ST: Kane and Lukaku, signing for 38m + clauses

With the move to Wembley confirmed, we've around 100m in the bank after all the sales, and only really a left back and back-up for Vertonghen to find. Should be fun :)

Give KWP the number 1 job @ left back and ***** the money elsewhere ;-)

So 2 PL titles in, I've got Romero & Wanyama as DM options...Looking to sell Wanyama to bring in a worldie. 44m bid has been accepted for Carvalho but he's asking for 200+ in wages and nearly 20m in fees..........

What do you guys think? bust the bank or are there other options?

So 2 PL titles in, I've got Romero & Wanyama as DM options...Looking to sell Wanyama to bring in a worldie. 44m bid has been accepted for Carvalho but he's asking for 200+ in wages and nearly 20m in fees..........

Have you still got Dier?

yes but playing him as CD

Get Romagnoli in as CD and put Dier in at DM

Played 3 seasons now

Finished fifth the first season.

Second season went alot better and won the league on the last day of the season. Also won the Europa League and league cup in my second season.

Third season, I won the league with 4 games still to be played. And the biggest achievement; won the Champions league, beating PSG 2-0 in the final

This is my squad:

De Gea/Donnarumma

Mario Fernandes/Dier, Stones, Romagnoli/Laporte, Gaya/Rose

Dembele, Pogba/Bentancur

Bernardo Silva/Zivkovic, Eriksen/Götze/Nouri, Depay

Lukaku/Icardi

I need a deeplying playmaker on defend duty, as Dembele solid as he is playing, isn't world class. Any ideas?

Played 3 seasons now

Finished fifth the first season.

Second season went alot better and won the league on the last day of the season. Also won the Europa League and league cup in my second season.

Third season, I won the league with 4 games still to be played. And the biggest achievement; won the Champions league, beating PSG 2-0 in the final

This is my squad:

De Gea/Donnarumma

Mario Fernandes/Dier, Stones, Romagnoli/Laporte, Gaya/Rose

Dembele, Pogba/Bentancur

Bernardo Silva/Zivkovic, Eriksen/Götze/Nouri, Depay

Lukaku/Icardi

I need a deeplying playmaker on defend duty, as Dembele solid as he is playing, isn't world class. Any ideas?

Take a look at Youri Tielemans.

So none of my players won Balon D'Or. Eriksen & Willems made the FIFPRO team of the year with Lloris and Dybala as subs. Eriksen really should have won the Balon D'Or, had higher ratings than the top 3 of Messi, Ronaldo and James. Oh well.

My Argentinian regen Hector Valente did win European Golden Boy though. Here's Hector for those interested:

Heacutector%20Valente_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsxrxv0n8o.png

Archived