FM16: Tottenham Hotspur - In Harry we trust

Prowl

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 15:57, Tigers said:

I've just finished my first season with Tottenham Hotspur and we won the league with ease in the end. I've only ever managed to go a season unbeaten once before so it was incredibly frustrating that we lost a single game during the league campaign - that being against Sunderland away! Infuriating when we pick up wins away at Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United and draw at Manchester City.

League.png

The cups were a disappointment as we lost to West Brom on penalties in the League Cup, Middlesbrough at home in the FA Cup 4th round after resting too many players and A. Madrid in the first knock-out stages of the Champions League.

Transfers for the first season are shown. Allan was an important capture from Napoli and played well against Wanyama if we needed to be more defensive against the better sides. Musacchio has rarely played whilst Lacazette was played as an AMR though he is now complaining about not playing in his preferred position (he did get some games up front when Kane wasn't scoring)

Transfers 1.png

I received about £28 million as a budget for the second season (my wage budget is horrifically over) so I've been trying to clear out some players rarely used last season and bring in some more.

Transfers 2.png

I now have the issue of Allan being unhappy and wanting to leave for Bayern though I wont sell him on the cheap. I have tried to develop some of the youth players and Onomah is coming along nicely at the moment

Onomah.png

Marcus Edwards got a handful of games only and has now been loaned to Aston Villa to continue his progression in the Championship. Only played the Community Shield in the second season which we won on penalties after a 0-0 draw with Manchester United. If anyone wants to see how anyone else has progressed let me know.

Nice start. I to signed Lacazette and play him as AMR and he has complained. Still not getting the best out of Jansson which is frustrating. No real stand out performers either which against is frustrating. Lamela seems to be rather injury prone. I will post later. Never signed Allan before so im keen to see your updates on him.  Keen to see if you have improved Cameron Carter-Vickers/ Sterling  or Kyle Walker-Peters

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, reece1973 said:

Injuries hit me hard in 1st season with Eriksen out for 4 months, Rose injured twice by December and out for 2 months, Toby and Vertonghen, Walker and now Kane. 

Like Spurs i failed in Champs League. Couldnt win a bloody game and ended 3rd in the group.

League after 17 games im sitting in 4th and 6pts behind the gooner scum in 1st.

Kane was on fire for about 10 games but then before his injury he couldnt hit a barn door. Luckily i had bought Huntelaar who took his chances.

Kane for me has been very streaky as well. Scores couple goals in a game and then goes missing for 3/4 games. I don't trust Jansson luckily Lacazette is on hand to help out. I think I am around 3/4th around December time. Anyone else had a load of bids from teams like Swansea/Villa/Newcastle/Sunderland  for Shayon Harrison?!?! I managed to get them upto 3/4m but decided against it in the end

• 5 months later...

Won the league in my second season on 96 points after a poor first season.

Tactic: 4-2-2-2 Standard Flexible

Team was generally:

LlorisGK(D)

Walker IWB(S) Alderweireld CD(D) Romagnoli BPD(D) Rose IWB (S)

Dembele BBM(S) Dier BWM(D)

Eriksen AM(S) Alli AP(S)

Lacazette CF(A) Belotti AF(A)

Instructions: 1. Shorter passing 2.Retain possession 3. Close down much more 4. Play offside trap 5. Work ball into box 6. Play out of defence 7. Exploit the middle 8. Play fairly narrow 9. Pass into space

Transfers out:

Kane to United £88m

Sissoko to Monaco £17m

I sold Janssen as well but I can't remember the price or the buyers.

Transfers in:

Lacazette £36m

Belotti £27m

Berahino (January) £30m

Rajkovic £5m

Won EFL cup as well, got knocked out in FA Cup and Europa League.

In the preseason for my third season now.

Archived