FM16: Tottenham Hotspur - In Harry we trust

Prowl

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm struggling to get on it ATM. Started a new save for new window update and spent nothing first window. Found myself 8th come January. Had £80m to spend as sold Chaldi and Lamela and found Isco available for £23m, Gotze for £18m and Marquinhos for £6m. Safe to say I signed all 3 (with no competition from other teams) and after 4 games I have won all 4! Isco is a beast!

I'm struggling to get on it ATM. Started a new save for new window update and spent nothing first window. Found myself 8th come January. Had £80m to spend as sold Chaldi and Lamela and found Isco available for £23m, Gotze for £18m and Marquinhos for £6m. Safe to say I signed all 3 (with no competition from other teams) and after 4 games I have won all 4! Isco is a beast!

All three of them on Transfer list?? first season??

wow , great bargain

Completed my first season on FM16 (on iPad) and was thoroughly enjoying it, until a devastating end to the season.....

A horrendous fixture backlog thanks to reaching the Europa League and FA cup finals left us to play 10 games in 23 days - and we ended up with nothing ...

https://imgur.com/a/KLGYS

In the league, came 2nd on goal difference despite getting 89 points, thanks to a Bournemouth equaliser with a few minutes left. Players were already dead on their feet and after suffering that blow in the league, were completely out of sorts for the two finals. Gutted.

Season Review 2017/2018

An incredible season, SEPTUPLE!! We won all the 7 competitions , with an amazing style of play.

sxRjUNP.png

Tx1fAjr.png

PL Champions , third time in row

UEFA Champions League over PSG

UEFA Super Cup over Dynamo Kiev 2-0

Fifa Club World Cup over Cruzeiro 2-1

Community Shield vs Swansea 4-1

FA Cup over Chelsea 3-0

Capitol One Cup over City , 3-0

Transfers:

PHXl29H.png

PL Table

vxoDy7i.png

Player Stats:

SdnbZmP.png

PxlVepn.png

AWARDS:

Barbosa PFA Player of the year

Stones PFA Young Player of The Year

Kane Golden Boot with 33 goals and Golden Boot in CL with 9 goals

Eriksen FWA Footballer of the Year

Lloris Golden Glove , and all of them in PL team of the year

We dominated the Champions League Dream team:

EjPQZXH.png[/img]

COYS

Hi Guys - so I finally got done with my first full season of being Spurs Manager on FM2016. I've had a save running as Everton for a while, because I'm always reluctant to start with my beloved Spurs until I know the ins and outs of the game.

Anyway - here's how things went :-

Summer Transfer Ins :-

Emmanuel Mammana 3m

Che Nunneley 2.5m

Mousa Dembele 5m

Eder Alvarez Balanta 6m

Gabriel Barbosa 15m

Andrija Zivkovic 2m

Christian Pavon 2.5m

Mikkel Duelund 2.5m

Abdelhak Nouri 8m

Summer Transfer Outs :-

Erik Lamela 20m +20% sell on - Paris St Germain

I didn't really want to lose Erik but I felt I had enough cover in there areas and my tactical approach was more for wingers than inside forwards, so I agreed to let him go to help fund the transfer ins. The majority of the signings went back out on loan as they were all mainly here as future prospects. The only ones thrust straight into the first team squad were Balanta and Barbosa.

We got off to a great start beating Man Utd 1-0 at home and winning our next 3 games. Unfortunately an away defeat to Sunderland (goal by Defore :D) marred our perfect start, but we then went while 29th November before our next defeat, at home 1-0 to Newcastle. A 3-0 away win at Everton and two home wins against Man City 2-1 and Liverpool 3-1 were the impressive results in between times. Unfortunately bogey team Sunderland beat us again at the Stadium of Light in the 3rd round of the capital one cup, again it was 1-0 and again it was Defoe. We got a toughish Euro cup group with Fiorentina, Augsburg and Groningen. We lost our second game away in Holland and drew away in Germany, but comfortably won the rest including the double over the Italians.

Our league form took a dive after the Newcastle defeat, winning only 2 more premier league games before the new year celebrations. Losing away to Chelsea, Swansea and Man Utd. We also drew at home to West Ham who were rock bottom of the table and lost at home to Bournemouth. Despite chellenging at the top of the table we now fell to third and lost pace on Manchester City who were running away with the league.

We brought in Lucas Moura from PSG on loan in January as Nacer Chadli was ruled out for 5 months. We also signed Anwar El Ghazi from Ajax for 6.75m but loaned him back to them for the remainder of the campaign. Kevin Wimmer departed for Valencia for 5m too, as he'd fallen down the pecking order behind Jan, Toby, Eder and Dier.

Following the new years day defeat to Man Utd we then went on a decent run and failed to lose a game for a couple of months, however we disappointing exited the Euro Cup. Despite defeating Zenit 1-0 in their own back yard, I feeled a weakened team at home and they beat us 3-2. I threw Kane and Son on when we were 3-0 down but we couldn't quite salvage it. I just imagined AVB running down the touchline celebrating ala Mourinho style.........

At home defeat to Leicester on 6th March was followed by consecutive away defeats to Stoke and Man City. City were well clear of us and Arsenal who were jousting it out for 2nd place. Man Utd were in 4th but were always 10-12 points behind us and I never really feared we'd be over taken by them.

We'd drawn at the Emirates 2-2 back in October but the home result was much more satisfying. Despite Jan being sent off when we were 1-0 up and just twenty minutes into the game we still went on to secure a 4-0 win. It was the highlight of my league campaign.

The FA Cup run in was tough on the legs. A draw away at Hull in the third round and a draw away at West Ham in the 4th meant we had to win the home replays. We got to the semi's where we drawn against Middlesbrough, avoiding City and Arsenal.

Arsenal beat City in the first semi and when we beat Middlesbrough it set up a North London Derby for the next trip to Wembley.

A home defeat to Norwich and an away draw at Bournemouth in the final 3 games meant Arsenal beat us by 2 points to second place.

The FA cup final was magical with us racing into a 4-0 lead and Kane grabbing a hat-trick. Arsenal got 2 back towards the end, but we were deserving winners in the end.

A 3rd place finish and an FA Cup win was nice. I did have my sights set in the Euro Cup but I made mistakes that cost us in that. Champions League next year though!!!

Notable incidents and performances from the season :-

Liverpool were very close to being relegated. Klopp was the first casualty of the campaign, Rudi Garcia steadied the ship. Newcastle, West Ham and Aston Villa went down (3 big clubs). Kyle Walker won our player of the season quite comfortably, with an Avg Rat of 8.14. Nabil Bentaleb was pretty dam good all year, keeping Dembele out alot. Alli was amazing! Kane won league top scorer with 22 in 30. He scored 39 in 40 in all competitions. Wow!

As for me.....I won Manager of the Year award. Which I was chuffed to bits with.

All in all it was a great season in my opinion.

Yes :D

I was looking for a backup english midfielder, he was on TL...

Very good season, no injuries, no complaints..

Now his value is 28M ;)

Yeah in my game he left the scum on a free after 3 seasons, joined Everton and was instantly worth £27m.

I refused to take him though!

Any tips on how to play Eriksen in a CM role?? Was playing well just behind the striker as an AP but have decided to drop the midfield deeper after being dominated through the middle a lot and Eriksen has since been pretty average.

Any tips on how to play Eriksen in a CM role?? Was playing well just behind the striker as an AP but have decided to drop the midfield deeper after being dominated through the middle a lot and Eriksen has since been pretty average.

He's awesome for me as central midfielder set as AP Attack.

Started last night, and spent all night working on it (night shift), and got to November really getting in to the game, then it crashed just now and the file is corrupted.

Actually it's completely disappeared, oh for god sake

Gutted.

Maybe I'll be back people, but that's enough for me just now.

I've jut got finished with my 2nd season as Spurs and we made some slight improvements on last season. During the close season I made some more signings with the future in mind :-

Matheus Pereira from Corinthians for 4.5m

Iver Fossum from Hannover 9m

Timo Horn from Koln for 6.5m

Lee Seung Woo from Barcelona for 3m

Pione Sisto from FC Midtjylland for 6m

Richairo Zivkovic from Ajax for 4m

Leo Jaba from Corninthians for 800k

Martin Odegaard from Real MAdrid for 10.25m

Thiago Maia from Santos for 16m

Transfers out were:-

Tom Carroll to Newcastle for 1.8m

Federico Fazio to Sevilla for 11.25m

Nacer Chadli to PSG for 22.5m

Michel Vorm to Granada for 1.4m

Kieron Trippier to Stoke for 5m

Overall very happy with the way the squad is shaping up.

The season started well with a 3-0 over Guardiola's Man City in the Community Shield, but an indifferent start to the league campaign, a 2-2 home draw with Jose Mourinho's Man Utd and a 3-0 away defeat at Leicester had me wandering what was going wrong. The draw for the Champions League had me as a 3rd seed and drew me with PSG, Porto and Celtic. A tough group. First game away at PSG I lost 2-0. However, that turned out to be our last defeat for a while as we then went 11 games in all competition unbeaten. Securing a 4-0 home win over Chelsea and beating Porto 2-1 home and away were the highlights.

The run ended with a 3-1 defeat at Man City, while we beat PSG at home 3-1 to secure our place in the next round, we still finished top despite losing to Celtic (who'd lost all previous 5 games) away from home.

Transfer Window didn't see any departures other than loans, but we brought in Niklas Sule for 10m from Hoffenheim, James Ward-Prowse from Southampton for 20m and Maximiliano Romero from Velez for 1.1m. Romero went straight back out on loan, but the other two were squad players for the first team after losing Bentaleb to injury and not having much cover in defence after allowing the youngsters to go out on loan. Cameron Carter Vickers had been standing in and to be fair had played quite well. I was in two minds about signing Sule, but if anything I thought I could make a profit on him. In his first game.....he was sent off within 20 minutes after 2 yellow cards. Great debut! Haha.

The league was becoming a 3 horse race between us, Man Utd and Arsenal who were now managed by Rafa Benitez after Wenger retired in the summer. Man City had dropped right behind despite dominating last season. I guess Guardiola was findng it harder than he thought. We won the Capital One Cup after beating Utd in the final 2-0 and then drew them away in the 5th round of FA Cup. We secured a draw and a replay at ours. Again it ended all square and went to penalties, where Dele Alli missed the decisive one and sent Utd through. I was gutted.

We comfortably dis-pent of Roma in the 2nd round of the Champions League and got ourselves a draw with group rivals PSG again in the quarters. A fantastic 3-0 home win but us in a commanding position for the second leg, but going 2-0 with 20 minutes to go ensured it was twitchy bum time. But we held on and went to the semi's where we drew......Man Utd. I was sick of the sight of Jose Mourinho this season!

Our league campaign had begun to falter, we'd drawn at home to Stoke and Liverpool, lost away at Arsenal and Watford, but with 2 games remaining we had to win both and hope Arsenal and Utd dropped some points.

The semi finals against Utd were topsy turvy, first leg at home went to Utd after Martial scored in the 79th minute, so going back to Old Trafford for the 2nd leg I thought it was all over. But I dared to dream.

Higuain put Utd 1-0 up after 2 minutes, but Eriksen grabbed an equalister 10 minutes later. Son gave us the lead on 31 minutes, while Luke Shaw saw red just before half time. Mateo Darmian then saw red on 63 minutes and Gabriel Barbosa gave us a 3-1 lead on 66 minutes. With Utd only having 9 men and needing 2 goals. I was in the final........or so I thought. A quick fire double from Mata on 73mins and then Martial on 77mins sent Utd through to the final against holders Juventus. I couldn't believe it. Our season was over and despite winning our final 2 games, Arsenal didn't drop any points. We finished above Utd in second spot, but they went on to win the champions league whilst our only silverware came from the league cup and league runners up medal. Disappointing but happy we made some slight improvements on last season.

How do I take screen shots for you guys? I've tried using the print screen option but it just captures my desktop despite being in game? Thanks.

Other highlights of season we Harry Kane scoring 48 goals in 48 appearances all season. Mousa Dembele won the fans player of the season but has expressed a desire to leave with Man City interested. City have also been chasing Bentaleb. With the depth I have in the squad I think I'll allow them both to leave. It also looks like I have finally secured John Stones after chasing him since Day 1.

The future is bright the future is Spurs. Hope the last season at the old White Hart Lane is a good one before we move into the new stadium!

I didn't realise we moved to Wembley for this season. Oh well, goodbye to the old White Hart Lane. I've literally just blown my transfer budget on Paul Pogba. 67m from Juventus. Glad I've got him though, hopefully he can be the difference to take us to the title!

• 3 weeks later...

Ehmqr

Hello all,

A bit of advice needed please :) Just finished Season 2 with Spurs having finished 4th and won the Europa League. Need to try and push on in this next season and it's looking like I'll have approx 45m to spend. I think I need a DM and CB- a DM in the Vieira mould, someone physical who can protect the back 4, or should I promote Dier there? I've not managed to get Embolo firing yet and need to think about my keeper situation with Lloris, Rulli and Dragowski- it'll be hard to keep all three happy. So, the question is, with that squad- what would you do? Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a Spurs save on the go at the moment. Finished first season in 4th place, I could have won the league if I'd beaten Bournemouth on the last day, I lost 4-3... Cruel to be so close to winning the title and then ending 4th.

Current team in January 2017 (4-1-1-3-1):

Lloris/Dragowski

Janmaat

Dier

Alderweireld

Rose

Can/Hojbjerg

Renato Sanches/Alli

Mahrez/Volland

Eriksen

Lamela/Son

Kane/Ivan

Few other squad players as well. I feel bad only playing Alli as a rotation player but Sanches has only just come in and can lead the club for years to come.

I need a new CB to replace Alderweireld, any suggestions? Preferably quite young. Can can always move back and play there but I prefer him as a DM.

Got a Spurs save on the go at the moment. Finished first season in 4th place, I could have won the league if I'd beaten Bournemouth on the last day, I lost 4-3... Cruel to be so close to winning the title and then ending 4th.

Current team in January 2017 (4-1-1-3-1):

Lloris/Dragowski

Janmaat

Dier

Alderweireld

Rose

Can/Hojbjerg

Renato Sanches/Alli

Mahrez/Volland

Eriksen

Lamela/Son

Kane/Ivan

Few other squad players as well. I feel bad only playing Alli as a rotation player but Sanches has only just come in and can lead the club for years to come.

I need a new CB to replace Alderweireld, any suggestions? Preferably quite young. Can can always move back and play there but I prefer him as a DM.

Looks like a good team. How much did Sanches cost? I have pretty much built my team around Alli and so could never go for the like of Sanches, does look incredible though and in 2020 still with Benfica.

What's your budget for a CB?

Looks like a good team. How much did Sanches cost? I have pretty much built my team around Alli and so could never go for the like of Sanches, does look incredible though and in 2020 still with Benfica.

What's your budget for a CB?

I had actually only just signed Sanches, he came in January 2017 for £28m upfront, £2.8m after 10 international appearances and £2.8m after 50 league appearances. He hasn't disappointed so far.

Wouldn't mind spending £30m on a CB if they're good enough. I've been looking at Jonathan Tah and Emanuel Mammana.

Mammana looks incredible on my save, with Juventus alongside Rugani.

I can't recommend Romagnoli From Milan enough, quality defender and I do like having a left footer in the centre.

Also might be worth checking Laporte, Stones, Umtiti, Abdou Diallo, Willi Orban.

Mammana looks incredible on my save, with Juventus alongside Rugani.

I can't recommend Romagnoli From Milan enough, quality defender and I do like having a left footer in the centre.

Also might be worth checking Laporte, Stones, Umtiti, Abdou Diallo, Willi Orban.

I've agreed to sign Mammana for £7.5m, he will be coming in the summer.

Still think I may want another CB though, especially as Can is my CB cover and he's just broken his leg which he will carry in to the new season with him. I'll have a look at the ones you suggested, cheers :thup:.

Hi all,

Just finished my first season with Spurs. Had a nightmare on the opening day, with Kane being ruled out for 4 months. Tried bringing in Icardi from Inter as a replacement but they wouldn't let him go so we brought in Paco Alcacer instead. He was a bit of a panic buy and we paid over the odds for him, he really didn't do great for us either averaging below 7.0. for the season. Having said that, once Kane was back in contention he didn't get too many games as after tinkering with the tactics early on in the season, I settled with a sole striker formation. Other signings were Felipe Anderson, John Stones and Sebastian Driussi. Anderson also had an injury hit season only making 10 appearances but Stones was a rock at the back and Driussi grabbed a few big goals from the bench.

We went on a crazy run from September, going 36 games without defeat. Kane was immense once he came back in, scoring roughly a goal a game and we found ourselves top by December and never really looked back wrapping up the title with three games to spare. This was crucial as there was a big fixture pile up due to runs in the FA cup and Euro Cup meaning we could rest players in the league. We had good draws all the way through the Euro Cup and beat Saint-Etienne 5-0 in the final and scraped past Newcastle in extra time to bring home the FA cup for an unlikely treble!

Kyle Walker was superb all season averaging above 8.0 and Son was also on fire contributing 17 goals and 14 assists. (now worth 46.5mil!)

First post on here and I'm not too sure on how to do screenshots but hope the below works!

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 00.25.01.png

Current squad now:

Dragowski/Romero

Janmaat/Jones

Dier/Can

Tah/Mammana

Jorge/Davies

Hojbjerg/Bentaleb

Sanches/Alli

Mahrez/Odegaard

Eriksen

Martial/Son

Kane

And a few other youngsters hanging around (I've probably forgotten somebody really obvious too but not playing ATM). Pretty happy with how the squad is shaping up.

Average age of 22.32 :eek:.

Just finished the season, won the league by 10 points, 29 wins, 4 draws and 5 losses. Scored 84 and conceded 36.

Thought I'd provide an update on players performances:

Dragowski - Played 53, conceded 58, clean sheets 18, average rating 6.93.

Janmaat - Played 42, scored 0, assisted 12, average rating 7.45.

Dier - Played 40, scored 0, assisted 2, average rating 7.38.

Tah - Played 38, scored 0, assisted 0, average rating 7.41.

Jorge - Played 44, scored 0, assisted 13, average rating 7.61.

Mahrez - Played 42, scored 21, assisted 14, average rating 7.74.

Hojbjerg/Alli - Played 22(6), scored 0, assisted 2, average rating 7.06 / Played 32(10), scored 4, assisted 5, average rating 7.45.

Sanches - Played 44, scored 4, assisted 3, average rating 7.63.

Correa - Played 36(3), scored 10, assisted 14, average rating 7.94.

Eriksen (until he broke his foot) - Played 25(1), scored 8, assisted 3, average rating 7.69.

Martial/Kane - Played 28(6), scored 21, assisted 4, average rating 7.43 / Played 25(5), scored 16, assisted 5, average rating 7.22.

Other players in various positions:

Mammana - Played 20(3), scored 0, assisted 0, average rating 7.02.

Can - Played 17(4), scored 0, assisted 1, average rating 7.09.

Davies - Played 9(1), scored 0, assisted 4, average rating 7.43.

Tielemans - Played 15(4), scored 2, assisted 4, average rating 7.49.

Januzaj - Played 22(15), scored 8, assisted 5, average rating 7.67.

Odegaard - Played 13(18), scored 8, assisted 2, average rating 7.37.

• 2 weeks later...

Just won the league and Euro Cup in my first season.

Signed Calhanoglu from Bayer for 23m and he was excellent. Kane ended with 37 goals, Trippier finished with most MoM and 24 Assists and was my Player of the season. Fans player of the season went to Lamela.

My usual team depth looked like this

Lloris/Vorm

Trippier/Walker - Vertonghen/Wimmer - Alderwiereld/Dier - Rose/Davies

Dier/Bentaleb

Lamela - Dembele/Alli - Eriksen/Chadli

Calhanoglu/Eriksen

Kane/Barbosa

• 1 month later...

First season. January 2016. I'm third, one point from second (Liverpool) and 5 points from first team (Manchester City).

I want to win the Premiership in the first season. It is possible, but I am a bit lost.

I have 60 million euros to spend. I'm the the winter transfer window... but don't know who to buy! I would like a center back, but my scouts say Laporte doesn't want to come. Any advise on how to improve the team with such a good transfer budget?

beYcHWu.png

oFYl2mf.png

I'm having another problem. I'm conceding too many goals. I started the season with a normal defensive line and the two CB on defend. I changed the defense line to deeper and one CB ant blocking and the other on cover. It did not solve the problem. Any advice on how to improve? All is being superb. But Bentaleb/Mason in the DLP are not up to the mark.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, brett.spurs said:

Anyone a few seasons into the new game? How does Edwards develop?

Only played one season (won PL & CL). Edwards had a 2 month lay off due to injury but played around 16 games (6 starts) & scored 3 with 2 assists (including a beautiful pass for our 4th in the CL final in a very good 15 minute cameo). 

His potential means I'm selling Sissoko and he'll be a big feature in season 2. 

• 1 month later...

In my first season.  Disabled first window transfer budgets.  Comfortably leading the Premier League come the second transfer window.  Spurs board gives me £350K to spend on transfers!  Anyone else having that issue?  January window just shut and I was unable to purchase any players and a lot of my potential targets have been snapped up by rivals (all of whom seem to have millions to spend).

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Lufcberg22 said:

I can do one later if you want @sufcdan & @DosSantosFC dont mind doing them. I had a good save with Spurs on last years FM not tried them yet on FM17

Only if you have time and are up for it mate, i just like reading how people get on and their opinions of buying and selling etc, and i intend to make spurs my long term save at christmas

I've just finished my first season with Tottenham Hotspur and we won the league with ease in the end. I've only ever managed to go a season unbeaten once before so it was incredibly frustrating that we lost a single game during the league campaign - that being against Sunderland away! Infuriating when we pick up wins away at Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United and draw at Manchester City.

League.png

The cups were a disappointment as we lost to West Brom on penalties in the League Cup, Middlesbrough at home in the FA Cup 4th round after resting too many players and A. Madrid in the first knock-out stages of the Champions League.

Transfers for the first season are shown. Allan was an important capture from Napoli and played well against Wanyama if we needed to be more defensive against the better sides. Musacchio has rarely played whilst Lacazette was played as an AMR though he is now complaining about not playing in his preferred position (he did get some games up front when Kane wasn't scoring)

Transfers 1.png

I received about £28 million as a budget for the second season (my wage budget is horrifically over) so I've been trying to clear out some players rarely used last season and bring in some more.

Transfers 2.png

I now have the issue of Allan being unhappy and wanting to leave for Bayern though I wont sell him on the cheap. I have tried to develop some of the youth players and Onomah is coming along nicely at the moment

Onomah.png

Marcus Edwards got a handful of games only and has now been loaned to Aston Villa to continue his progression in the Championship. Only played the Community Shield in the second season which we won on penalties after a 0-0 draw with Manchester United. If anyone wants to see how anyone else has progressed let me know.

1 hour ago, Tigers said:

I've just finished my first season with Tottenham Hotspur and we won the league with ease in the end. I've only ever managed to go a season unbeaten once before so it was incredibly frustrating that we lost a single game during the league campaign - that being against Sunderland away! Infuriating when we pick up wins away at Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United and draw at Manchester City.

League.png

The cups were a disappointment as we lost to West Brom on penalties in the League Cup, Middlesbrough at home in the FA Cup 4th round after resting too many players and A. Madrid in the first knock-out stages of the Champions League.

Transfers for the first season are shown. Allan was an important capture from Napoli and played well against Wanyama if we needed to be more defensive against the better sides. Musacchio has rarely played whilst Lacazette was played as an AMR though he is now complaining about not playing in his preferred position (he did get some games up front when Kane wasn't scoring)

Transfers 1.png

I received about £28 million as a budget for the second season (my wage budget is horrifically over) so I've been trying to clear out some players rarely used last season and bring in some more.

Transfers 2.png

I now have the issue of Allan being unhappy and wanting to leave for Bayern though I wont sell him on the cheap. I have tried to develop some of the youth players and Onomah is coming along nicely at the moment

Onomah.png

Marcus Edwards got a handful of games only and has now been loaned to Aston Villa to continue his progression in the Championship. Only played the Community Shield in the second season which we won on penalties after a 0-0 draw with Manchester United. If anyone wants to see how anyone else has progressed let me know.

Any pictures of your formation? Who's been good and who are the ones you think can be moved on. Noticed you didn't sell anyone in the first season ?

I used a 4-2-3-1 formation, will post a picture and team instructions when I next play the game. I always like to try and keep the team together first season and as there were funds to spend, the need to sell wasn't that apparent.

The start to the second season has been quite abysmal, despite playing the same formation / tactics and keeping most of the same team as starters. We lost 4-1 away at Newcastle, as well as losing away at Everton and Chelsea and only just drawing with Southampton at home so we have 7 points from an available 18 and already playing catch-up being 7 points off the leaders. The team just isn't performing and I'm getting some criticism.

Allan has since said he wants to stay and we beat Dortmund 4-0 in the CL but form is patchy at best.

14 hours ago, Tigers said:

I used a 4-2-3-1 formation, will post a picture and team instructions when I next play the game. I always like to try and keep the team together first season and as there were funds to spend, the need to sell wasn't that apparent.

The start to the second season has been quite abysmal, despite playing the same formation / tactics and keeping most of the same team as starters. We lost 4-1 away at Newcastle, as well as losing away at Everton and Chelsea and only just drawing with Southampton at home so we have 7 points from an available 18 and already playing catch-up being 7 points off the leaders. The team just isn't performing and I'm getting some criticism.

Allan has since said he wants to stay and we beat Dortmund 4-0 in the CL but form is patchy at best.

wow what a contrast to your first season, any ideas whats gone wrong?

29 minutes ago, sufcdan said:

wow what a contrast to your first season, any ideas whats gone wrong?

No idea but I'm now 8 games into the league season and I've only won 2 games. I've just had back to back home draws with Southampton (1-1) and Crystal Palace (0-0) and we're lingering in the bottom half of the table. At the moment I'm struggling to turn this one around and I have no idea what's changed since the first season. Other teams are stronger but with the momentum we had, we should be challenging again.

20 minutes ago, Tigers said:

No idea but I'm now 8 games into the league season and I've only won 2 games. I've just had back to back home draws with Southampton (1-1) and Crystal Palace (0-0) and we're lingering in the bottom half of the table. At the moment I'm struggling to turn this one around and I have no idea what's changed since the first season. Other teams are stronger but with the momentum we had, we should be challenging again.

crazy, keep us updated :) will be starting my tottenham save on christmas day 

Injuries hit me hard in 1st season with Eriksen out for 4 months, Rose injured twice by December and out for 2 months, Toby and Vertonghen, Walker and now Kane. 

Like Spurs i failed in Champs League. Couldnt win a bloody game and ended 3rd in the group.

League after 17 games im sitting in 4th and 6pts behind the gooner scum in 1st.

Kane was on fire for about 10 games but then before his injury he couldnt hit a barn door. Luckily i had bought Huntelaar who took his chances.

I found Kane very streaky in terms of his goals and I don't think he scored what I expected (just pushing 20 I think) with Lacazette not too far behind.

You certainly have to invest in some more fire power as Janssen just didn't impress for me and I'm now looking to move him on.

Archived