FM16: Tottenham Hotspur - In Harry we trust

Prowl

quick question: about to start as spurs..

want to buy chambers from arsenal HOWEVER his stats are better suited for a centre back (low crossing & dribbling) and Dier would be better at right back (good pace & very good crossing)

would these two players be okay at those positions? (chambers dc & dier dr)

how would you play them?

I only played one and a bit seasons with Spurs but I was playing Dier at right back, with Walker as his back-up. But I wasn't using a DM in my formation, and I wanted to make sure Dier was getting games because of his potential. He played well there though. Arguably his best position on the game.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished 1st season with spurs and went quite well, came 3rd in League and won Euro Cup against Monaco

struggled to get best out of Kane he was my top scorer but only got 17 in all comps, the prem league seemed to be low scoring for most teams to be honest i was 3rd highest with 64 goals

my team for 2nd season

GK. LLoris / Rulli

DR Walker / Trippier

DC Stones / Wimmer

DC Vertongen / Dier

DL Davies / Rose

DM Dier / Alli

MC Barkley /

MC Eriksen /

AMR Bernado Silva / Zivkovic

AML Yarmelenko / Son

FC Kane / Lacazette / Embolo

got the young players from u21 aquad out on loan will see how they develop

Hoping for a good tun in champions league and push for the league title this season

Hi guys. Just need advice again on Kane.. how much have you been offered or sold for??

I don't really want to sell him but Man Utd have made a few offers this January, and now this... Screen%20Shot%202016-02-24%20at%2020.37.13_zps9ux4ikur.png

He is having a good season this year, but previously been injury prone...

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-24%20at%2020.37.13_zps9ux4ikur.png

What to do? I have Barbosa and Bale...

Brads-Wigan - I love Kane and all, but he can't be the best young striker on the game can he? There must be better options to replace him with if you get that kind of money. Personally I would try and delay your decision as long as possible and just scout some replacement options, make sure you know you can afford to replace with someone better before accepting it. Alternatively, since you're at the end of January and replacing him might be difficult, try and negotiate the 'transfer date' to 'end of season' instead of immediate. That way you have the rest of the season to scout replacements and thrash out a deal for summer.

Hi guys. Just need advice again on Kane.. how much have you been offered or sold for??

I don't really want to sell him but Man Utd have made a few offers this January, and now this... Screen%20Shot%202016-02-24%20at%2020.37.13_zps9ux4ikur.png

He is having a good season this year, but previously been injury prone...

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-24%20at%2020.37.13_zps9ux4ikur.png

What to do? I have Barbosa and Bale...

I would sell. I managed to get £72m for Kane at the end of first season and purchased Martial & Berardi for a combined £65m, best decision I made. Kane has ended up travelling around Europe and is with Dortmund at the min on mine. Never really been prolific anywhere but has always got 15 goals. I think you can get way better though for £62m, maybe even in another position if you already have brilliant attackers.

On another note, how are Spurs finances on you guys games? I have never been in debt, but I am continuously hovering around a -£10m debt come end of season (This then tends to jump up to around £80m after other end of season income) and I don't think I have had a transfer budget of more than £45m.

Hi, interested to know the biggest name you have been able to bring to the lane.

I have had two great seasons with Spurs, winning the league in my first season, and then a Cap Cup, FA Cup, and CL triple in my second season, although I did finish 5th in my second season as I struggled to compete in all competitions, coupled with my own tactical naivety away from home.

I have all the usual suspects signed up, Barbosa, Embolo, Rulli, Mammana, Tielemans, Neves, Goertzka.

I am flush with transfer funds after selling Son to Man Utd for £60m all up front, and Lloris to PSG for £45m - he asked to leave once PSG showed interest, so although I have the best part of £200m to spend no one is interested in joining. Bale rejected us and signed a new deal at Madrid, Laporta rejected us to sign for PSG, Rugani signed for Barca.

My scouting page is set to realistic targets only, is it possible to sign players who are 'not realistic transfer targets'?

having a bit of a melt down just after jan...1 win in 8 a heavy 5-0 loss to arsenal in fa cup, throwing a 3-1 lead away to west brom confidence is low, i had an 11 point gap at the top...chelsea are only 3 behind with a game in hand and indentical goal diff welp!

Finally finished my 1st season!!

Won the league (with a little drop at the end) , lost in Semifinal in Europa League (I used to change the formation often) and in FA Cup .

6NInJX0.png

eJATvBv.png

fk8YNTH.png

Transfers:

uMalJgX.png

Eriksen best player of the season, Kane top scorer , Barbosa top class and Berbatov was incredible as Harry backup (top scorer in Europa League).

My starting 11 with backups: (4231)

GK : Lloris

FB(S): Walker - Trippier

DC Defend : Toby - Verts (sold to Real Madrid for 24.5 mln in January)

DC Cover : Dier - Mammana

FB (S) : Rose - Davies

DLP (Defend) : Bentaleb / Lucas Leiva

BBM : Dembelè - Alli

AP (attack) : Eriksen - Lamela - sometimes Berbatov too

Left Winger Support : Chadli - Lamela

Inside Forward attack : Barbosa - Son

Complete Forward Attack : Kane - Berbatov

For next season I already bought Rulli on a free transfer.

Goals:

I want to improve the backups at full backs , Trippier was always dissatisfied and Davies is incosistent

I need a DLP to replace Lucas Leiva and a strong backup for Eriksen

What about Berbatov, I'm undecided about his renewal or buying a younger forward..

Let's see

COYS

In my game (just won domestic treble and got to semi finals of CL with Wolves) Alli has just requested to be transfer listed and Spurs have put a price tag of £45 on him. I play 4231, with Lincoln in AMC (beyond awesome), and then a CM-d and DLP-s in the middle. Is Alli worth £45m plus his high wages and would he slot easily into this system? DLP and CM aren't his best roles, but how is he in those roles? Ta :)

Erm this just happened

ZE2TK7D.png

I promised Berardi that we'd win the Champs League this season. He heard that Barca wanted him, yet I received no bid.

Berardi came on at the 66th minute and destroyed them! I really hope I can hold onto him.

In my game (just won domestic treble and got to semi finals of CL with Wolves) Alli has just requested to be transfer listed and Spurs have put a price tag of £45 on him. I play 4231, with Lincoln in AMC (beyond awesome), and then a CM-d and DLP-s in the middle. Is Alli worth £45m plus his high wages and would he slot easily into this system? DLP and CM aren't his best roles, but how is he in those roles? Ta :)

When I had him, roaming playmaker was his most favoured role to begin with, so it probably wouldn't take long to get him playing DLP effectively. His match performances were consistently excellent for me as a box-to-box, which I also don't believe was his favourite role.

When I had him, roaming playmaker was his most favoured role to begin with, so it probably wouldn't take long to get him playing DLP effectively. His match performances were consistently excellent for me as a box-to-box, which I also don't believe was his favourite role.

I used too as BTB, he has to improve Tackling (11 at the beginning of 2nd season).

vfdSJxU.png

Just sold Wimmer to Bayern : 15m upfront + 7 in 12 months , fantastic deal for me.

And this is Barcelona offer for Toby , non-negotiable

vTs4Xwj.png

I don't know :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That Toby offer is not worth.

If he's happy at the club then keep him.

My dream signing for my team would be Alli and Odegaard.

I had a 61m offer and the contract accepted for Odegaard but didn't have the funds :( And Dele is at Man City, because of a release clause in his new contract.

I'm thinking I'll need to spend about £121m to bring both of them in.

Cheers guys!

I'm currently about to be done with an incredible first season, its shaping up to be so good that i felt i needed to share some images regarding my tactics, line up etc..

League Table (5 league games left till end of 1st season + so far played 2 games less then my runner up)

Screen_Shot_2016_03_02_at_19_25_12.png

Team Tactic & Line up

Screen_Shot_2016_03_02_at_19_26_35.png

Transfers

Screen_Shot_2016_03_02_at_19_54_02.png

Team Instructions

Screen_Shot_2016_03_02_at_19_57_46.png

lastly, i want to give a hint for new players, if you look at my team, you'll see new arrivals such as Stones & Anderson, when i approached them both was wanted by many good clubs and Anderson was not even interested to even negotiate a deal.. so how did i purchased them??

what i did was, i kept checking Stones & Anderson's profile for other interested clubs (i knew clubs like City or Real would make an offer as soon as i make a bid)

so instead, i played the "waiting game" i practically waited until around 24-25 july, and then checked the players profile, when i saw the interest from other clubs were gone, then i finally bid for them at around August, with no other competition!!

Regarding how to purchase not interested guys like Anderson..

well, he was not interested to negotiate due to our reputation, what i did was i had my offer accepted+let our chairman Levy negotiate a deal for him

(then i also did some minor adjustments to that accepted "automated" offer)

Unreal to perform that well in the first season, CapaJr. When I played as Spurs, I was still new to the game and 'learning the ropes' so I was very happy with my 4th place finish. But I used a very similar set-up to that. I was also playing 4-3-3 wide with a flat midfield through - only the roles I used were BBM(s)-BWM(d)-AP(a). I also had Son on the left as a W(s), Lamela on the right as IF(a), and Kane as a complete forward.

Cheers guys!

I'm currently about to be done with an incredible first season, its shaping up to be so good that i felt i needed to share some images regarding my tactics, line up etc..

League Table (5 league games left till end of 1st season + so far played 2 games less then my runner up)

Screen_Shot_2016_03_02_at_19_25_12.png

Team Tactic & Line up

Screen_Shot_2016_03_02_at_19_26_35.png

Transfers

Screen_Shot_2016_03_02_at_19_54_02.png

Team Instructions

Screen_Shot_2016_03_02_at_19_57_46.png

lastly, i want to give a hint for new players, if you look at my team, you'll see new arrivals such as Stones & Anderson, when i approached them both was wanted by many good clubs and Anderson was not even interested to even negotiate a deal.. so how did i purchased them??

what i did was, i kept checking Stones & Anderson's profile for other interested clubs (i knew clubs like City or Real would make an offer as soon as i make a bid)

so instead, i played the "waiting game" i practically waited until around 24-25 july, and then checked the players profile, when i saw the interest from other clubs were gone, then i finally bid for them at around August, with no other competition!!

Regarding how to purchase not interested guys like Anderson..

well, he was not interested to negotiate due to our reputation, what i did was i had my offer accepted+let our chairman Levy negotiate a deal for him

(then i also did some minor adjustments to that accepted "automated" offer)

Wow!!!

Kane as Target Man with two IFs is a very good idea!

How many goals and assists from the 3 forwards??

APOLOGIES FOR THE LONG POST

A look at some of the youth I have bought into the club.

Christian Torp, a Danish Left Back

a2haI0A.png

Jowan Hoyte, a English DM/CM

VXPUrib.png

Luke Warrington, a English CM

xZqRHtU.png

Alan Ramsden, a English CM

1F7dYMs.png

Wayne Rawlins, a English CM and LM

SHmOd2y.png

Leonardo Gonzalez, a Argentinian AM

y0AVigB.png

Courtney Morgan, a English Winger/ST

9yrqTJv.png

Alex Stonehouse, a English ST

BoKeEVK.png

Miguel Angel Alonso, a Spanish ST

nRohzg4.png

Mohammed Rahimi, a German ST

deg812F.png

As you can probably tell, I'm rather excited about these players by looking at their attributes.

Still a long way to go and a lot to learn.

Hi Folks, beginning of 2017/18 season and I've been in charge of Spurs for 1 season (holiday'd a season and began in 2016/17). Won the prem, the coca cola cup and the uefa cup (i'm old school), and my squad looks good (see links) but needs a little bolstering for the champions league (planning on selling a few players who haven't performed well enough

http://prntscr.com/aamql8

http://prntscr.com/aamqzs

Here is the shape my players must fit into

http://prntscr.com/aapt3v

Question is: I have enough to add pogba to the squad for £78 mil, £20 mil signing on and agent fees and £300k per week plus A LOT of incentives. OR do I sign some/all of the following players who are transfer listed for a combined total on transfer fees and wages (roughly), Raheem Sterling £35, Domenico Berardi £35 mil and Thiago £25 mil

I suppose do I go for the three signings plus some youngsters I have scouted to bolster u21s and u18s or do I just go all out of Pogba, is he worth it?

Thanks

Do you really need Pogba that badly when you have Alli and Tielemans?

That formation looks absolutely mental.

Thanks, it did this http://prntscr.com/aarm89 and this http://prntscr.com/aarmkk to barcelona in the semi of the uefa cup, a game I really didn't expect to get anything out of...

I take your point about tielemans and alli, my priority was to improve my inside forwards as neither chadli or lamela were amazing in the second half of the season, and I have got someone in depay who has ripped the league up for 2 seasons and I got Pione Sisto (Pochettino signing) who has showed promise and rich zivkovic who i'm trying to see if I can mould him into one. BUT Pogba is immense and Alli isn't the complete deal yet but add Sterling or Berardi into my (fairly essential) inside forwards along with Depay and it could be goals goals goals!!! It's a difficult decision...

Buy Berardi, also look at Lincoln for the LW.

Pogba isn't worth the money in my eyes.

Tielemans and Alli will only get better and better.

I wish FM was more like real life where as often as not wonderkids simply don't get better. Would make things a lot more challenging.

I wish FM was more like real life where as often as not wonderkids simply don't get better. Would make things a lot more challenging.

I my experience they only reach full potential if you play them a lot, which is like real life. The ones who don't reach it are guys like Rodwell who stupidly went to City to sit on the bench. Which is what happens in game too.

There are plenty of players that got lots of gametime through their late teens and early twenties but never progressed far past where they were at 18. Most wonderkids peak very early. That's what makes them wondrous kids. The successful ones simply maintain that level for years.

The exceptional ones go one to become spectacular players. Identifying these few is hit and miss even for the most dedicated clubs. Look at Arsenal's recruitment over the past 5 years. None have progressed much apart from Ramsey (and even he's hardly a world-beater).

There are plenty of players that got lots of gametime through their late teens and early twenties but never progressed far past where they were at 18. Most wonderkids peak very early. That's what makes them wondrous kids. The successful ones simply maintain that level for years.

The exceptional ones go one to become spectacular players. Identifying these few is hit and miss even for the most dedicated clubs. Look at Arsenal's recruitment over the past 5 years. None have progressed much apart from Ramsey (and even he's hardly a world-beater).

True but that exactly reflects my experience of playing with less-than-top-level clubs. I think it's only published lists of wonderkids online that ruin it, if you elect to play as a top club and just buy all of them. It's much better than a decade or 15 years ago I think, when everyone used to know the 'cheat' formation, and who the best potential players were, and everone's teams were identical.

first season ended with great success, you can see some of its images in my post above.

become champion with 17 point lead over my runner up, finalist in FA cup and winner of League cup, very happy with our start.

second season preparations are under way, purchased Berahino for 30m $ as he is an the ideal homegrown back up for Kane + brought Mahrez for back-up on the wings

(Mahrez only cost 14m $ since Leicester was relegated:D )

thats it, i will not be buying anyone else, well maybe Andrew Robertson but i haven't decided, he doesn't really look like an upgrade..

aims for second season: winning the title again & semi final in CL

Hey Capa ... this isn't in the new update right?

i just checked it now and its version 16.3, so i guess it is the new update?

no idea why leicester was relegated, never happened so soon in my other games + i had sold them fazio in the beginning of first season so their squad was even better then their original squad, but nevertheless i'm glad they did, otherwise i wouldn't be able to buy Mahrez for so cheap

finding it harder on this new update, in august played 4 won 1 vs man city, drew 3

having plenty of ccc but keepers are pulling off worldies and i seem to hit the woodwork lots!

already 6pts off chelsea in first place, also man city, utd & arsenal seem to buy about 3 strikers every tfr window it's crazy, city have just bought vietto, alcacer & morata all in summer 2017

they already have aguero, volland and ljajic

start of 3rd season having a pretty terrible time in front of goal

kane has only scored 3 in 14 games (they all came against norwich) embolo has 2 although he's mainly a sub, gab barbosa has the most for me with 4

been 6hrs of football since kane scored, seems to be after this patch i couldn't hit a barn door...surely that wouldn't be the case with the new patch as nothing was mentioned regarding shot accuracy

somehow i'm still near the top of the league, nobody else noticed that goal scoring has been nerfed a bit? on the other hand i've only conceded 3 in the league so swings & roundabouts just strange as i haven't messed around with my tactics too much, i'm getting at least 2/3 CCC most games and 4 HC ...getting a bit frustating even more so eriksen picked up a 2 month injury

first season:

League:1st

FA cup:finalist

League Cup:winner

second season:

League 1st

FA cup:winner

League Cup:winner

CL: Semi finalist

Tottenham's squad is such a young and talented squad that, you REALLY don't need to make major changes, i'm about to start my third season and so far the only changes to the original starting eleven were a central defender (Stones) and a left midfielder (Felipe Anderson) thats it, the rest is "for the future" type of players that i used in rotation (Dozzell, Cook, Maia etc.)

Well, because i'm becoming league leaders for two years in a row, i decided to change the squad a bit.

so far i sold Son to Utd for 50m$, Dembele to Monaco for 33m$ and lastly Bentaleb to City for 45m$

i will not be buying new players to replace them, i'll promote my youngsters Maia & Onomah & Dozzell to replace Bentaleb & Dembele.

(the same strategy will continue when i'll sell Lloris when he reaches 31 next year, and replace him with Donnarumma- who is already my player for 2 years now, i have been tutoring and nurturing him alongside Lloris)

To conclude: success already happened to us, so our aim now is: SELL for a good money and find a replace from within the squad, this is our motto now!

APOLOGIES FOR THE LONG POST

A look at some of the youth I have bought into the club.

Christian Torp, a Danish Left Back

a2haI0A.png

Jowan Hoyte, a English DM/CM

VXPUrib.png

Luke Warrington, a English CM

xZqRHtU.png

Alan Ramsden, a English CM

1F7dYMs.png

Wayne Rawlins, a English CM and LM

SHmOd2y.png

Leonardo Gonzalez, a Argentinian AM

y0AVigB.png

Courtney Morgan, a English Winger/ST

9yrqTJv.png

Alex Stonehouse, a English ST

BoKeEVK.png

Miguel Angel Alonso, a Spanish ST

nRohzg4.png

Mohammed Rahimi, a German ST

deg812F.png

As you can probably tell, I'm rather excited about these players by looking at their attributes.

Still a long way to go and a lot to learn.

what a coincidence, i've also signed a regen named luke warrington, also a midfielder!!

2nd season is on the way

Transfers:

LKRhbKS.png

I improved the full backs and addes Stones to starting lineup, Benteke (unhappy, transfer request) as Kane backup

Pastore (unhappy) on loan 'cause he claims outstanding loyalty bonus and agent fee , he's playing very well as DLP and AP

Won the Community Shield and 10 straight wins , good group in CL

9leTdYs.png

Hope we continue performing in this way :D

What kind of improvements have the players had since the January transfer update? Wondering Alli is any better, whether Dier is more natural as DM, if Alderweireld and Dembele etc have had a boost, as well as youngsters like Onomah, Edwards, CCV and co.

AMAZING 2nd SEASON !!

Transfer update (with January window)

J8mndow.png

Season results:

2rrHWkj.png

Won Community Shield, Premier League with 1 game lost only, Capitol One Cup and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Perfect League with 104 goals and only 29 against..

CL final :

SVEfqaN.png

Previously won against Man City in QF and Real Madrid in SF (2-0 and 3-1 at WHL)

Squad stats:

7tXNrfB.png

Kane was simply a BEAST :cool:

fjJSddc.png

1 goal every 73 minutes in Premier League :O

COYS

Lads, a bit of advise needed. Started a Spurs game after the winter patch, disabled the first transfer window and now in the first January. Got the opportunity to get John Stones or Stefan de Vrij for 40mil. Toby and Jan have been brilliant so far at the back, not sure if it's a waste of money getting one of them in or not. de Vrij looks much better and obviously Stones as got great potential, I just don't usually spend that sort of money. Thoughts?

Lads, a bit of advise needed. Started a Spurs game after the winter patch, disabled the first transfer window and now in the first January. Got the opportunity to get John Stones or Stefan de Vrij for 40mil. Toby and Jan have been brilliant so far at the back, not sure if it's a waste of money getting one of them in or not. de Vrij looks much better and obviously Stones as got great potential, I just don't usually spend that sort of money. Thoughts?

Spend the money for most important (uncovered) positions ;)

Archived