FM16: Tottenham Hotspur - In Harry we trust

Prowl

Started a new save with Spurs in the full game version with a closed first transfer window. Sitting top of the table as of 1st of December, currently playing against Arsenal.

Going over the team (Squad is highly determined and would recommend buying players as such):

GK - Lloris is solid and Vorm is a good backup, would recommend buying a solid gk for the future and cashing in on Vorm after the first year.

DR - Walker is okish if you are playing pressing style play and he tends to assist Kane very well with crosses, Trippier is a good solid backup.

DL - Rose is a god, would recommend selling Ben (inconsistent and doesn't like big matches) and getting another young LB for the future.

CD - Alder and Vert are good options first seasons, Wimmer is performing amaizingly and Fazio is a good backup player (althou he moans for games) and would recommend using him playing versus Target Man teams (his heading is amaizing). Try to cash in on Vert and bring another BPD.

DM - You only have Dier who is natural here, he is a god, plays almost any DM role very well (used him as BWM, Anchor and Defensive Mid), Dembele can backup here. Try to buy one for the future and if you don't have the cash get a good solid backup that fits your style of play.

CM - Eriksen (I've been using him as AML, Chaldi was out for 4-5 months) is very good, Bentaleb and Ali are amaizing, Dembele can score goals but would also misspass and try to dribble alot, which I dont like. Mason and Caroll are both very good backups, keep one to get your homegrown quota. Cash in on Dembele and buy some youngsters for the future.

AML/R - Can't say much about this position, Chaldi and Son we're out for most of the season, Lamela is getting better and better (give him some time), Townsend can only play if your style is counterattacking (not very good PL material) and Pritchard is awful (for me), would try to get more options if you have the budget.

ST - Kane is your main man. Keep him at all costs. Clinton is ****, get rid of him. Get another striker. Kane can have problems with fitness playing every god damn game.

Squad is balanced and in good shape if you want to push for a Champions League spot, very easy to get to EuroLeague. Shortlisted the usual Mammana, Romero, Barbosa, Embolo and WilCarvalho. Will come back with some screenshots when I get home.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How are people getting on with Vert and Toby?? Im conceding alot with them switching off and letting forwards get in between them.

They had a couple of those instances but nothing horrific and it's often about the protection they get in front of them. Dier lets nothing pass, others can be a bit leakier.

Second season Verts has had to take a back seat as Murillo has taken his place as first choice alongside Toby. Next season I think I'll sell Verts and move Dier back to CB & buy a new DM.

In what role are you deploying him? He needs to be used as a Target Man and then watch him score for fun.

Seriously though I struggled with him as well until I made this change (as a lone striker) and set tactics to try early crosses and exploit the flanks. Thats what worked for me at any rate.

Helllp i cant get kane scoring at all his scored 1 goal and im in march season 1

Is he getting chances? Good ones? If not it's not necessarily him but the supply into him. You may need to look at your whole set up.

He's a lone striker for me as a Complete Forward/Support and scores for fun. But my team is very creative and is set up to offer chances for him & the AMR/AML.

I'm using him as a complete forward (attack duty) (no special individual instructions), training on complete forward with individual dribbling. Make sure there are people who can pass the ball to him tho. I've also managed to get 2 other special PPM, come deep to get the ball and play one twos, currently working on running with the ball in the center.

Hello,

I started my Spurs career last night. After an awful pre-season, in which I only won 1 game things have started well in the league. I'm only 2 games in but have beaten Southampton and West Ham comfortably, with Kane looking great already. Dier is looking decent at DMC and Eriksen as AMC.

I haven't yet signed anyone, but I think I need a back-up forward. However, after looking through this it looks like Son and Clinton are doing decent jobs for everyone. I'm tempted to look at Austin though, thoughts?

Season 2 is over. I should be pleased but I can't help thinking we could & should have done better.

Finished 2nd in PL, 7 points behind the goons who've won it two years running now.

Went out to Madrid in the 1st KO round of the CL. They were much better than us and we really had no chance in this game.

Got to the final of the FA Cup, beating the goons in the semi. Smashed them actually, 4-0 with a Son hat trick. However we got demolished by Chelsea by the same score in the final. If I want to use excuses we were missing 3 key players, Kane, Dier & Rose all out injured.

Less said about the Capital One cup the better.

Player wise, Son was PFA Young Player of the Year & was our top scorer with 22 in all comps. Kane had 21 in all comps but tailed off with injuries toward the end of the season. Barbosa & Chadli both also got into double figures. Lamela probably would have if he didn't miss over 30% of the season with injury. Eriksen led the assist chart with 13, followed by Son & Kane with 12 each.

Lloris won the Golden Glove, keeping 21 clean sheets in the PL.

Hugo, Eriksen & Dele Alli all got in the PFA team of the year.

Alli had a real breakout season with 7 goals, 3 assists and a 7.53 avg rating.

Breel Embolo was added to the squad in January for £14.5m. He's still settling in but will be quality. I also signed Louis Reed from Sheff Utd for £2.6m but loaned him straight back to them til the end of season.

Looking to next season I'll be looking for a LB to replace Davies as Rose's back up.

I'll need a new back up keeper as Romero wants out.

Mason & Pritchard will both be sold because they want to play more than I can allow them.

I'll also sell Vertonghen & bring in a new DM so Dier can move to CB.

COYS

Nice edgar. I'm still in the early parts of the first season, and am tied with Swansea for the lead. I love Deli Alli. He's a quality player already and only going to get better. I started him in all my big games and he's done well

On march now, sitting top, City and Chelsea are getting grounds. Performance wise, Kane is still a beast, Ali and Bentaleb have become probably the best wonderkids in CM in the game, both are wanted by alot of clubs, defense still shakin, Chaldi came back strong, Eriksen became world class. I had 0 cash for transfer in January, tried to persuade Levy to give me some cash, he refused, sold Dembele to Southampton for 5.5m euro which I used to improve my wage budget. I got Rulli, Banega, A. Zivkovic and Romero all on free transfers for next season. Vickers, Onohua, Walker-Peters are improving nicely and will do just fine as backups. Lamela and Vert are unhappy I refused deals from ManU for them but I need them and the offers they made were rubbish, best offer was for Dier (45m and some add-ons), refused to sell him. The team is on a high note and I seem invincible atm. Will get screenshots when I get home.

Nice edgar. I'm still in the early parts of the first season, and am tied with Swansea for the lead. I love Deli Alli. He's a quality player already and only going to get better. I started him in all my big games and he's done well

Yeah he loves a big game.

If he hadn't been injured for the first 5 months of season one he'd be even further in his development but he's already my 2nd best player (behind Eriksen). His ability has forced me to bench Xhaka.

I fear for Bentaleb, I may push him back into the half back role to ensure he gets games.

Alli had a real breakout season with 7 goals, 3 assists and a 7.53 avg rating.

COYS

Out of interest, what role are you playing Dele Alli in? I've only used him sparingly in my first season but he's done a job as a deep-lying playmaker and occasionally as an attacking playmaker (although he's more of a box-to-box midfielder in RL)

Out of interest, what role are you playing Dele Alli in? I've only used him sparingly in my first season but he's done a job as a deep-lying playmaker and occasionally as an attacking playmaker (although he's more of a box-to-box midfielder in RL)

Mainly as B2B alongside Eriksen as AP/A. Sometimes as the AP/A. Excels in either role.

Started my Spurs save in an online game against my brother (He is United) yesterday, wasn't going to by anyone but then Kane got injured in pre season so bought Zac Clough from Bolton for chump change. Alli also picked up a short injury but is back now, main loss was Dier who is almost fit (he has been immense) but now Pritchard is out for 3 months after putting in an awesome shift in the UEL and scoring and Son is out for 2 months. In late September now, Clough has been excellent and Kane has been poor when he has played. Only loss so far was a 1-0 loss to Newcastle where we changed tactic because of Dier's injury. Started playing Veljkovic there even though he is not rated highly and he is getting decent ratings in the low 7's. Chadli has also been ridiculous, but Clough is the top scorer thus far with 4.

This is my tactic

Lloris (GK-D)

Walker (WB-A) Alderweireld (CD-D) Vertonghen (BPD-D) Rose (FB-S)

-------------------Dier (A-D)

---------------------------------------Dembele (BBM-S)

Lamela (IF-S)-----------------Eriksen (AP-S)----------Chadli (W-A)

----------------------------Kane/Clough (CF-A)

Just into December first season, I must say I am enjoying this years version, especially as Tottenham, not just young first teamers but even youth players have high potential. Like in previous FM's I like to sign young players to make progress rather than sign proven players. I have dabbled into the market, I will post later my in's and outs. I must admit I wish I didn't buy as much and progress players such as Milos V, Onomah. Both out on loan. Kyle Walker-Peters looks like he can become brilliant. Tempted in selling Davies or Trippier and having him back up both positions!!

I am in my second season now, I actually managed to win the league in the first season. Not by a long way at all I just put a run together at the right time, I finished on 79 points, so fairly low point total to win the league, Chelsea next on 78 and then the Arse also on 78.

Kane had an immense first season, 31 league goals.

My team is fairly different in the second season, I have just gone past the January transfer window. I play a 4231 system, counter, structured, retaining possession. In actual fact, I don't really think the tactic should work, but who am I to argue with results? I am working on to other versions, attacking and counter but they are not fluid yet.

Current side

GK - Lloris

Dr - Mayke - absolute beast, played as full back attack, 18 assists in the league, overlapping the AMR

DL - Rodriguez, from Wolsberg.

DC - Dier

DC - Shkodran Mustafi - great DC, doing really well.

MCR - Bender - my ball winning mid

MCL - Bentaleb - getting by the game.

AMC - Eriksen - who else?

AML - Shaqiri - from Stoke, they went down. 25m, 23 games in league, 11 goals and 7 assists

AMR - Lucas Moura - 35m from PSG, finding his feet, but very highly rated by scouts.

SC - Kane, 22 in 24 so far this season.

I have been blooding Alli slowly, but I am looking to bring in for Bender, probably as a Roaming playmaker.

I am trying to use my scouts to find players rather than searching online, not sure how long I can resist looking though.

The tactic is challenging and makes the game fun. Currently sitting 2nd to man u (54 points). I have 52 points from 24 games.

In October of second season, first season:

-3rd in PL

-Winner of Capital One

-Lost to Wolves (0-1) in FA Cup Final(Grrr!)

-Semis of Europa, beaten by a managerless Liverpool.

This year have just smashed chelsea 4-1 at the lane, and lead the prem with a 7-0-0 record. Rotating two squads (unlike poch!) for League and other comps.

Got rid of that plethora of 3 star players: Andros, Pritch, Tom Carroll and that slightly older crowd e.g. Chadders, Faz, JV. Been bringing in the youth and been turning a pretty good profit (Cash bals of 100m+, 40m Transfer kitty). There are a number of really talented young uns and have brought in a few older guys to tutor Palombo (Model Citizen), Klose (Model Pro), Srna (Leader). Have 4 Det 20 players and 4x19s.

HK is doing well in a DLF-A role, but the revelation has been Dele Alli (CM-S)- with a 8.6 AvRT, 4PoMs for the league so far. He's really stepped up to an incredible level. He's a very Physical and Mental player, his technicals are lacking but he is doing the business.

Hey guys,

I haven't played FM in over four or five years, but last night decided to pick up the new copy as I've just graduated from university and quite enjoy relaxing with videogames. I finished the demo yesterday and am currently continuing my save. Tottenham have a great squad, so I opted to go for them to ease back into the game.

So far in January, we are sitting 3rd with 38 points (joint with 2nd Chelsea.) We have Sporting in the First Knockout Round of the Euro Cup, Aston Villa in the F.A Cup, and we're no longer in the Capital One Cup.

In the summer I sold no one despite clubs showing interest in all the big names. I signed Gabriel Barbosa for 8m+ fees. So far he has showed promise, scoring 3 goals and starting the odd game.

In January I've just signed Lavezzi for 5m, as I wanted another left winger. I play a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide. Eriksen, Lamela, and Kane have been in phenomenal form for me. Eriksen is my highest average rated player with 7.55, Lamela my highest scorer with 11, and Kane has also scored a lot.

I'll fill you all in what happens for the rest of the reason. I'm still trying to get the best out of Son, and my defence have pretty much failed to keep a clean sheet in every game, which is not vert encouraging. Has anyone got any recommendations for defence instructions?

Hey guys,

I haven't played FM in over four or five years, but last night decided to pick up the new copy as I've just graduated from university and quite enjoy relaxing with videogames. I finished the demo yesterday and am currently continuing my save. Tottenham have a great squad, so I opted to go for them to ease back into the game.

So far in January, we are sitting 3rd with 38 points (joint with 2nd Chelsea.) We have Sporting in the First Knockout Round of the Euro Cup, Aston Villa in the F.A Cup, and we're no longer in the Capital One Cup.

In the summer I sold no one despite clubs showing interest in all the big names. I signed Gabriel Barbosa for 8m+ fees. So far he has showed promise, scoring 3 goals and starting the odd game.

In January I've just signed Lavezzi for 5m, as I wanted another left winger. I play a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide. Eriksen, Lamela, and Kane have been in phenomenal form for me. Eriksen is my highest average rated player with 7.55, Lamela my highest scorer with 11, and Kane has also scored a lot.

I'll fill you all in what happens for the rest of the reason. I'm still trying to get the best out of Son, and my defence have pretty much failed to keep a clean sheet in every game, which is not vert encouraging. Has anyone got any recommendations for defence instructions?

I've been playing non stop since posting and just finished the season. We finished 1st, won the Euro Cup and F.A Cup. Harry Kane proved be could handle the big occasion, scoring a hat trick in one and an a double in the other. Eriksen got player of the year and Lavezzi signing of the year (his form was immense.) Also picked up Manager of the Year. All in all great season, especially considering we managed to win three trophies. Next season I'll focus on getting some depth to handle the increased competition. Also another striker to help support Kane.

Good work YouGotNoFans, let us know how much you get in ur transfer kitty for second season after that success!! Anyone couple seasons in got decent screenshots of some of the players. Interested in Alli,Dier,Onomah,KWP

Thank you. I got 30-35m in my transfer kitty for the season, but I bought the following Xabi Alonso £6m, Embolo £15m, Zivkovic Free, and I sold Chadil for £15m.

I'll post some screenshots as requested when I finish my second season. I've started Dier pretty much every game and Alli around 50-60%. Onomah has stayed out on loan.

Just finished my second season. Struggled in the league and finished 5th. Got to quarter finals of champs league, getting knocked out by Porto on penalties. The FA cup I got to semis, getting beat by bloody Arsenal 4-2!! Didnt do anything of note in League cup.

Got £75 million transfer budget for next season!

Just finished my second season. Struggled in the league and finished 5th. Got to quarter finals of champs league, getting knocked out by Porto on penalties. The FA cup I got to semis, getting beat by bloody Arsenal 4-2!! Didnt do anything of note in League cup.

Got £75 million transfer budget for next season!

Who have you signed so far/sold? Any update on Ali, Dier, etc?

I failed to mention that last season we secured the title away to Arsenal. What a moment.

Wasn't going to buy the game until new year, but couldn't resist.

Obviously started as Tottenham.

Not too much business.

First player I bought was Rueben Loftus-Cheek. £5m upfront could rise to £8m. Offered him more football than he would've got at Chelsea and he can develop into a top player.

Second was Haris Seferovic. Lacks composure but great pace and work rate make him a good back up to Kane.

Finally Young RB/CB from Blackburn Ryan Nwambe. Very raw but looks like he could be class in the future.

Sold Townsend and Fazio. Have £15m left. May invest in youth, or save until January.

Only played one game. Lost 2-0 away to City. Tough start to the season. They got a wrongly given pen. But did dominate me. Hopefully can kick on from here.

Dilemma here! In my first season at Spurs half way through doing pretty well, sitting 4th in league, qualified for 2nd round of Europa and semi final of league cup, I obviously have Lloris in goals but I have agreed to sign Rulli on a pre contract in the summer as I’ve read on here he is top class.

Do I keep both goalkeepers and see who is best or do I sell one of them and if so who?!

Dilemma here! In my first season at Spurs half way through doing pretty well, sitting 4th in league, qualified for 2nd round of Europa and semi final of league cup, I obviously have Lloris in goals but I have agreed to sign Rulli on a pre contract in the summer as I’ve read on here he is top class.

Do I keep both goalkeepers and see who is best or do I sell one of them and if so who?!

I could never sell Lloris but that's just me & my emotional decision based on the fact he's the worlds best keeper IRL.

I suspect that Rulli is excellent but Hugo's still got a good 5+ years at the top.

If you've got CL football you may be able to keep both happy but it's unlikely in my experience.

I could never sell Lloris but that's just me & my emotional decision based on the fact he's the worlds best keeper IRL.

I suspect that Rulli is excellent but Hugo's still got a good 5+ years at the top.

If you've got CL football you may be able to keep both happy but it's unlikely in my experience.

I might risk it and try and keep them both and try and rotate lol!

#

Im with edgar555 on this one, not worth it, however sign him and potentially make money on him....

I normally sign him and sell one of the two for big money later. If you don't grab him, you always run the risk of Lloris becoming unsettled and sulking when Man City come calling anyway. A good problem to have imo, especially in this injury prone year!

I normally sign him and sell one of the two for big money later. If you don't grab him, you always run the risk of Lloris becoming unsettled and sulking when Man City come calling anyway. A good problem to have imo, especially in this injury prone year!

yeah defo a good problem to have, just need to see who I think is better I reckon

Halfway through my second season and couldn't of hoped for a better start.

Sitting top of the premier league on 49 points, leading Chelsea by 13 with a record of P19 W 16 D 1 L2. My two defeats were away to Liverpool and Chelsea. I think the premier league should be coming home to White Hart Lane again this season.

Qualified for the Champions League 1st round easily, facing Zenit which shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Also in the League Cup SF against West Ham.

In terms of my team, Eriksen has been my best player again this season. Kane has performed well scoring 12 in 20, but my top goalscorer is Barbosa with 13 goals in 11 appearances. Embolo has also scored 10 goals. Both of those players are showing signs of becoming the best in the world.

I have around 30-35 million in the transfer budget, so I'm trying to work out where my team needs improving. Part of me is tempted to sign a better striker than Kane but it seems I would need more money/ plus questioning whether he should stay. Other than that I may replace Dembele with another central midfielder, although Alli is definitely improving.

Archived