trouble seeing the ball?

Does anyone else have difficulty following the ball during a match? I find it too small and on long balls or quick movements I lose track of where the ball is. I seem to remember on an earlier version there was something that made the ball larger?

Download this, then replace the white_ball_texture file in\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2016\data\sigfx\mesh\ball with a custom one from the archive.

Has anyone tried this for FM 16 as it was a great addition to previous versions?

I still think this should be toggable so that the human can see it - like changing it to blue during the winter

I mean, they can still play with a yellow ball, but it can be hard to see in the sleet

I'd imagine blue (just whack it in the interface tab in preferences) would be a lot easier

Has anyone tried this for FM 16 as it was a great addition to previous versions?

The white texture ball was named differently in my FM16 folder, so I renamed the original to .old and renamed one of the balls in that pack and it worked.

To be fair that picture isn't entirely relevant as you're usually seeing the movement as well, but I have to agree that it's a little harder to see the ball this year... or I'm just losing my sight.

I shall admit that it's a little fast (compared to the commentary), and Centurion's actually the one playing the pass (how the commentary describes his position as right-wing? I shall never know)

I've been ok so far, but as an "oldie" I struggled massively with seeing the ball in FM14 (downloads didn't help) and ended up watching all games in 2D. I really do sympathise :(

SI have actually been quite quick off the mark re. text size for those of us who don't have razor-sharp vision (lots of oldies play FM and they have cottoned on to this), but I think they've missed this issue about the ball.

Would be a good idea to have an option of a visually "oversized" ball IMO. :)

I will post in the wishlist thread as well.

Archived