Tomtuck's Third FM Career Adventure - João Pedro #DareToManage

tomtuck01

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Martinez and Vela will be missed, but you've done some fantastic signings to replace them. I expect nothing less than to continue at the level you've played at last season, and I think you've got the ability to qualify out of the Champions League group as well.

I personally wouldn't mind a slightly ore exciting brand of football!! Sick of the 1-0's last season. :D

Tough draw, but I think you can get in top 2 :thup: I think Group H will be an interesting to watch.

Oh I think we definitely make it through. Will be looking for three wins without a doubt.

Real_Sociedad_logo.svg

João Pedro's Management Career - August, September &

October 2016 - Real Sociedad

La Liga

August

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Fixtures%20-%20Aug%202016_zpsxy1mvqq7.png

A great start to the season with two 2-0 wins.

We started the season with a sound win against Villarreal at the Anoeta. New signing Riyad Mahrez curled in a stunning opener, and late in the day Jonathas sealed the win with a typically thumping header. A trip tp Almeria followed, and we brushed them aside with little fuss. Jonathas thundered rose like a salmon to head us infront just after half an hour, and eighteen minutes into the second period loan signing Sandro tapped home at the far post to double our lead and seal the points.

September

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Fixtures%20-%20Sep%202016_zpsh3elzsrw.png

A bit of an inconsistent month, but the win against Atletico is a bit of a watershed moment - our first victory over one of the "Big Three".

Our first game after the international break saw Valencia come to town, and evne though we were far from our best, we saw them off by a goal to nil. The goal came relatively early, as Sergio Canales bent home a lovely freekick from the edge of the box. We should've added more, but one was enough. A trip the Camp Nou followed, and we suffered our first defeat of the season. Jonathas fired us ahead after just sixteen minutes, but Barcelona soon hit back. Both sides had chances, Barca the better of them, and they got what proved to be the winner in the 68th minute. Ignacio Camacho was then sent off with minutes to go after recieving a second yellow card. Another away game followed, this time away at Celta Vigo, and we played out a dour 0-0 draw. At the end of the month Atletico Madrid came to town, and we finally managed a win against one of the traditional "Big Three". After a cagey first half we took the lead twenty minutes into the second period when the Atletico keeper fumbled in a tame effort from Daniel Didavi. With nine minutes to go however Jackson Martinez nipped in after a defensive mix-up to equalise for Atletico. Five minutes later though we grabbed a winner when Cristian Tello got free down the left hand side and pulled the ball back to allow Asier Illarramendi to slot home the winner. A big result for us.

October

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Fixtures%20-%20Oct%202016_zpsxcntp2db.png

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Table%20-%20Aug%20Sep%20amp%20Oct%202016_zpst4lbyn1k.png

Four wins and a draw in a terrific month, and after eleven games we're level points with Real Madrid at the top!

The month began with a comfortable 2-0 win away at newly promoted Cordoba. We struggled to break them down in the first period, but nineteen minutes into the second half we had the breakthrough. Cristian Tello got in space down the left, found Sandro who layed it on a plate for Riyad Mahrez. Eleven minutes later Sandro doubled our lead, spinning well in the area to finish cooly from Asier Illarramendi's pass. We followed the Cordoba game up with a poor performance at home to Eibar, but we took the win thanks to another goal from Sandro, who headed home just before the half-hur mark from a Cristian Tello cross. Another 1-0 followed at the Anoeta, this time against Real Betis, and again it was Sandro who grabbed the only goal. Riyad Mahrez danced his way past three men, found Ante Ćorić who fed Sandro and he slotted in. Not a good display again, but three more points. Next we faced Malaga away from home, and we again kept a cleansheet and took all three points thanks to Sandro grabbing our goals. It was one of our btter performances so far this season, as we controlled possession and created good chances. The first goal arrived when Malcom squared the ball across the six yard box for Sandro to tap home, and the second was the same combination; this time a cross from Malcom getting headed home by Sandro. Comfortable win. Our final game of the month saw our winning run come to an end, but we still got a credible draw away at Sevilla. They took the lead after five minutes, but Sandro netted his sixth league goal of the month two minutes later to draw level. e domiated the game thereafter, taking 62% of the possession and creating the better chances. However we couldn't find another goal, and it finished one apiece.

Can't complain with how we have started. Up next is a trip to Levante.

Champions League - Group Stage

September

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20CL%20Fixtures%20-%20Sep%202016_zpsgrtybepi.png

Well this was to be expected.

We got off to a good start, comfortably defeating Dynamo Kyiv 2-0 at the Anoeta. Riyad Mahrez showed his class scoring a lovely goal four minutes before halftime, taking on three players before smashing home. After a bit of pressure in the second period from Dynamo, Ante Ćorić got a second to seal the win eighteen minutes from time. Defeat at Man United followed, and if truth be told it was expected. We held out until the stroke of halftime, and when they added a second just after the hour it was game over.

October

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20CL%20Fixtures%20-%20Oct%202016_zpsrlcbwvci.png

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20CL%20Table%20-%20Sep%20-%20Oct%202016_zpsk7liuir9.png

This is the result that could damage us. We played poorly, they played poorly. 0-0 was the best that this game deserved as neither side created a decent goalscoring opportunity. Lets hope next time around in Lisbon we can come away with atleast a point again, but even that might not be enough come the final standings.

Fantastic start in the league, keep that up. :thup:

The defence is the key! :D

Swashbuckling in the league! That 'top three' could change real soon! Champions League a little disappointing with the home draw against Sporting. Hopefully the return leg at their place yields a better result. Sandro looks to be in some great form, too!

I'm not sure "swashbuckling" is quite how I'd describe how we play - fifteen goals in eleven La Liga games isnt exactly great! Certainly right about Sandro, his form has been a real bonus with Jonathas breaking an ankle recently.

Real_Sociedad_logo.svg

João Pedro's Management Career - November & December 2016 - Real Sociedad

La Liga

November

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Fixtures%20-%20Nov%202016_zpsrweitx3v.png

A sound little month, with an away win and a victory in The Derby.

At the start of the month we saw off Levante with considerable ease, racing into an unassailable two goal lead as early as the eleventh minute thanks to goals from Malcom and Cristian Tello. Game over. After the internatioal break Athletic came to The Anoeta for the Basque Derby. It was a massively drab game that was eventually settled nine minutes from time when a cross from Malcom was diverted into to Athletic goal by one of their own players. 1-0, a good result but a poor game. The month ended with a 3-1 win at home to Espanyol. We struggled in the first period, but early in the second half we made the breakthrough thanks to a Cristian Tello strike. Four minutes later Sandro put us to up, and with ten minutes to go Malcom made it 3-0. Espanyol grabbed a goal back within a minute, but they never threatened to make that anything more than a consolation.

December

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Fixtures%20-%20Dec%202016_zpsfnuzesne.png

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Table%20-%20Nov-Dec%202016_zpsuzje0gy3.png

Two away draws and a slender home win. Not sparkling form, but we're six points clear after seventeen games.

Our first game of the month made me genuinely believe we could actually challenge for the title. Twice Real Madrid went infront, and twice came from behind, showing great spirit. More displays like this could definitely see us well in with a chance at the title. The game against Granada was just a horrible slog. So few good chances created, and just three efforts on target throughout the match. A draw was certainly fair. We finished the month, and year, with another poor display at home to Rayo Vallecano, but we took all three points thanks to a Cristian Tello strike nine minutes before halftime. Not a good performance, but three more points in the bag!

After first game of the new year see's Tenerife come to The Anoeta.

Champions League - Group Stage

November

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20CL%20Fixtures%20-%20Nov%202016_zpsndsjj4fr.png

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20CL%20Table%20-%20Nov%202016_zpst7xpddr0.png

Well we did it, we got through to the next round - just!

The return game in Lisbon against Sporting saw us put on a decent defensive display, and come away with a point. Sandro fired us ahead soon before the half-hour, but moments into the second half it was one apiece. Sporting put alot of prssure on us, but we stood firm. We then went to the Ukraine to face Dynamo Kyiv, and we came away with a win, eventually. We fell behind six minutes before halftime in an end-to-end affair. We controlled things much more in the second half, and then two goals in just a couple of minutes totally turned things in our favour. Cristian Tello smashed one into the bottom corner from a devastating counter attack, and straight after the same put one on a plate for Sandro to tap in. Super turnaround. We went into the last game knowing that we needed a point to guarantee our place in the next round, but it wasn't defeinitely needed. We dominated the game against Manchester United, but their superior finishing saw them defeat is by two goals to nil. Sporting Lisbon defeating Dynamo Kyiv though meant we advanced to the next round based on our head-to-head record against Sporting.

In the first knockout round we face Totteham, with the first leg at home with us finishing second in the group.

Copa del Rey - 4th Round

December

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Cup%20Fixtures%20-%20Dec%202016_zpsd5o46b6d.png

Utterly dreadful that it took until extra time in the second leg to see off such lowly opponents, but we got the job done I suppose. If the first leg 1-0 was poor enough, the second leg was horrible. We fell behind after just sixteen minutes, and couldn't find a goal at all. Eventually in the first period of extra time an own goal came that saw us go through 2-1 on aggregate. Terrible.

In the next round we face Espanyol, with the first leg at home.

League: AMAZING! Excellent defensive record, far superior to anyone else. What is going on at Barcelona!?

Champions League: Great to get out of the group, albeit only just. Please smash Spurs! They deserve it for smashing me in my save :D

Copa del Rey: Probably best to forget that and move on!

Amazing progress in such a short space of time already. Will you be adding to the squad in January?

Congrats on getting out of your CL group... just ;)

Jut is enough!!

League: AMAZING! Excellent defensive record, far superior to anyone else. What is going on at Barcelona!?

Champions League: Great to get out of the group, albeit only just. Please smash Spurs! They deserve it for smashing me in my save :D

Copa del Rey: Probably best to forget that and move on!

Amazing progress in such a short space of time already. Will you be adding to the squad in January?

Barca have been inconsistent since the appointment of Joachim Löw in the summer, playing some nonsense 4-4-1-1 system. They'll come good again soon no doubt. Tottenham have a very good side and getting past them will be tricky. As for the Copa del Rey, yeah, get on with the next round!

I doubt I'll be bringing in any new players unless we pick up some injuries. I'm really happy with the squad right now.

Congrats on getting out of the CL group, even if I'll never understand why head-to-head counts for more than goal difference!!

Has always been a bit baffling to me too.

Absolutely amazing in the league so far, this could be Sociedad's year.

I think it's now or never, that kind of once in a lifetime thing!

I forsee a great run right now

Probably because you've seen my tweets! :D

Real_Sociedad_logo.svg

João Pedro's Management Career - January 2017 - Real Sociedad

La Liga

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Fixtures%20-%20Jan%202017_zpsimejxvwu.png

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Table%20-%20Jan%202017_zpsbktylnry.png

Five wins from five, fifteen goals, and now a massive fourteen point lead!

The month kicked off with a comfortable win at home to Tenerife. We got off to a good start, scoring from the penalty spot in the twenty-third minute through Jonathas after Malcom had been felled in the penalty box. Ante Ćorić cracked in another before halftime, and a little over twenty minutes into the second period Ignacio Camacho sealed the win when he nodded home from a corner. Sandro missed a penalty late on, but it mattered not. Another 3-0 win follwoed, this time away at Deportivo. Atfter a goalless first half, that man Ante Ćorić put us infront after just four minutes of th second period, arriving late in the six yard box to tap home Malcom's superb low cross. Joël Veltman doubled our lead with a header from close range in the 66th minute, and Sandro wrapped things eight minutes later with a cool finish from Malcom's thoughball. Almeria then visited The Anoeta, and we again laboured in the first half, and were 0-1 behind at halftime. After a halftime bollocking though we turned things around in the second half, with defender Diego Reyes equalising then Ante Ćorićscoring his third goal in three games to put us infront. Two minutes from time Sandro nodded home Joseba Zaldua's cross to wrap up the win. An away win followed at Villarreal, but it was a mixed display. We took the lead in the 35th minute, but immediately Villarreal equalised. We were back ahead before halftime though when Sandro grabbed his second of the game, and then we were 3-1 up after sixty-six minutes when Malcom thundered home from the edge of the box. Annoyingly though we conceded a second late on meaning we had a nervy ending to the game, but held out for a 3-2 win. Our final game of the month was away at Valenica, and all the action came in the second half. After a cagey first half Valencia went ahead just before the hour, but we levelled just six minutes later thanks to a superb solo goal from Cristian Tello. After that the game was end-to-end and with eight minutes remaining Sandro won and converted a penalty, and then two minutes later Sandro showed quick feet to evade the Valencia defence before calmly slotting home to round off a 3-1 win.

Up next Barcelona come to The Anoeta. We may be miles clear, but it's still a massive game.

Copa del Rey - 5th Round & Quarter Finals

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Cup%20Fixtures%20-%20Jan%202017_zps9fdowbqx.png

Through to the semi finals once again - very happy indeed!

Espanyol were despatched with ease in the 5th round, as we thumped them 5-1 on aggregate. The home leg saw us comfortably see them off 2-0 thanks to goal from Sandro and Ignacio Camacho. The second leg saw Jonathas, recently back from a broken ankle, hit a super hattrick was Espanyol were left all at sea trying to handle the big targetman. In the quarter finals we met Villarreal, and we played out two very close games, both us which we won by a goal to nil. Captain Xabi Prieto grabbed the goal in the first leg after just fifteen minutes, and in the second leg a goal eight minutes from time from Jonathas was enough to seal a 2-0 aggregate win.

In the semi-finals we face Real Madrid, with the first leg at The Anoeta.

Forgot just how good your Football Manager career threads are! Absolutely loved your first, missed the second but looking forward to this one.

Brilliant start in La Liga, I spent a few seasons there with Betis but could never quite do enough to crack the big boys.

Good luck for the remainder of the season.

I'm not sure "swashbuckling" is quite how I'd describe how we play - fifteen goals in eleven La Liga games isnt exactly great! Certainly right about Sandro, his form has been a real bonus with Jonathas breaking an ankle recently.

Can I say it now? :D

Forgot just how good your Football Manager career threads are! Absolutely loved your first, missed the second but looking forward to this one.

Brilliant start in La Liga, I spent a few seasons there with Betis but could never quite do enough to crack the big boys.

Good luck for the remainder of the season.

Thanks. Got to be honest, it's been easier than I thought it would be to get in and around, (and above), the big three.

Incredible form in the league, although it must be said that the big boys aren't really that big this season. :p

Typical FM really!

Can I say it now? :D

You most certainly can. :D

I don't bold for just anyone or any performance :D

Haha thanks very much!

Amazing league performance! Congrats!

Really good read so far.

Cheers. Just hope I could play a bit quicker....last time was doing around a season every two to three weeks, a bit slower right now.

Beat Barcelona and the title is yours. Lose it and you give them a sniff. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Still a long time to go even if we beat Barcelona as we still have to face Real Madrid at home and Atletico Madrid away.

Real_Sociedad_logo.svg

João Pedro's Management Career - February & March 2017 - Real Sociedad

La Liga

February

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Fixtures%20-%20Feb%202017_zpsyhz7uzep.png

A very good month, with a sound point against Barcelona followed by three wins.

Barcelona came to The Anoeta and we totally dominated possession but both sides struggled to create chances. In the end the draw was more than fair. Celta Vigo then came to town, and we took them apart. Jonathas headed us infront early on, and then in just the 22nd minute we doubled our lead through Asier Illarramendi. Joël Veltman then put us 3-0 up on the stroke of halftime. Just after the hour mark Sandro slotted home to make it four-nil, and although rightback Carlos Martinez was sent off in the 74th minute, we added a fifth with three minutes remaining, again through Sandro. We then travelled to Madrid to face Atletico, and we won at one of the "Big Three" for the first time. After a cagey opening thirty minutes we took the lead in the 35th minute when Sandro intercepeted a pass from Atletico's goalkeeper and fired home with ease. Just before halftime Ruben Pardo smashed home from the edge of the area to put us two goals infront. Atletico grabbed a goal back with a little over twenty minutes to go, but we kept them at arms length and on the game 2-1. We weren't at our best when Cordoba came to town at the end of the month, but Jonathas sure as he grabbed a hattrick to see us to a 3-1 win.

March

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Fixtures%20-%20Mar%202017_zpsphpsdw2r.png

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Lge%20Table%20-%20Feb-Mar%202017_zpsbstkyzyd.png

Three wins and then two draws at the end of the month. The title is getting closer.

We travelled to Eibar at the start of the month, and we really didn't put in a good display but got away with all three points thanks to Eibar gifting Malcom two goals. Malaga then came to The Anoeta and we sa them off with ease. Goals in the opening fifteen minutes from Asier Illarramendi and Malcom put us 2-0 up, and although Malage pulled a goal back, we restored our two goal advantage before the break. Early in the second half Sandro got his second and the final goal of the game to round off a 4-1 win. We then faced Sevilla, again at the Anoeta. Malcom put us ahead in the eleventh minute, tapping home fullback Joseba Zaldua's cross. Sevilla soon equalised, and then Riyad Mahrez missed a great chance to put us back infront, putting a penalty straight at the Sevilla goalkeeper. A winner did come though, and it arrived just eleven minutes into the second half when Mahrez delivered a precise cross for Sandro to head home. A trip to face Sevilla's rivals Real Betis followed, and we played out a dull 0-0 draw. Teh Basque Derby followed, and we rescued a draw late on. We fell behind after just twenty minutes, and in truth Athletic were much than us throughout. In the second minute of stoppage time though we rescued a point when Joël Veltman headed home Ruben Pardo's freekick.

April starts with a home game against Levante, before Real Madrid come to town.

Copa del Rey - Semi Final

February

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20Cup%20Fixtures%20-%20Feb%202017_zpsn4o0i5dy.png

A 3-0 aggregate defeat, which was disappointing.

We totally dominated the first leg, with 65%-35% in terms of possession, and having 19 attempts to Real's 9. However Real took one of those chances, with Isco rocketing home Ronaldo's knockdown from just inside the area. 1-0 the final score, and an unphill battle in the second leg. In that second leg the game was very open from the off, but Real took the lead six minutes before halftime. Just four miniutes into the second half Ronaldo got his second of the game to seal a 3-0 aggregate win.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round

February & March

Career%20Save%20-%20Sociedad%20CL%20Fixtures%20-%20Feb-Mar%202017_zpsyq7bx8wj.png

Well this went the way of the Copa del Rey semi - 1-0 home defeat, then 2-0 away defeat.

The first leg was a fairly cagey affair, with us dominating possession but failing to make the most of it. Late in the day we were punished for that, as Erik Lamela hit a screamer from distance to give Spurs the 1-0 win. The second leg started with Spurs bossing the ball, and in the 21st minute they turned that into a goal when Christian Eriksen tapped in from close range to put them in total control of the tie. Spurs got a second early in the second half to kill the tie off. 3-0 on aggregate to Tottenham, a disappointing exit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived