Sports Interactive Community
Lenzar

FM16 - Fullbacks not defending the flanks

A recurring issue I am finding with FM16 is that my fullbacks will constantly move in towards the centre when we fall under attack, leaving the enemy wingers with enough time to sit and have a cup of tea before crossing the ball in. This often results in a goal.

I have the fullbacks set to 'Fullback - Automatic'. What am I doing wrong?

Ive noticed this as well, even when theyre set to "defend" with PI of sit wider (and hold position?) With TI of discipline and stick to positions they still wander off towards the center. I did however receive a bit of advice regarding this problem. If your formation has wingers or any widemen drop them back to play as wide midfielders or wingers but leave them as support. This way in case your rb/lb wanders off your widemen will fall back to fill the space they leave.

Had the same problem, as it happens this is the first year that a 4-4-2 has really worked for me.

A few things do not appear to be working as intended right now, this being one of them.

Im getting that alot especially when i have instructed them to mark the wide players of the opposition they always seem to ignore this and come in more centrally, even when i have instructed them to also stay wider.

As macca says, this is a ME issue so if you see examples, please upload them to the thread he linked.

It has been looked at already but is the most complex element in the Match Engine.