[FM16][SKIN] Football Manager 2016 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

Hello Michael

First of all thanks for the posts and the great help you are providing in the forum.

I am trying to increase the Font Size on the default text as it seems way too small for me. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I could swear it was never this difficult to read.

Anyway, I've oppened the font folder on your skin and I assume the one I need to change is the one called "text". However , once inside the file I have no idea which values to change...

Also, not sure if the "text" file changes the font size on options to press questions but if it doesn't what would be the correct file?

Much appreciated!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I keep getting this background on the base skin.

https://i.gyazo.com/7afa26de069f9e73a38a40f0c50fa582.png

But if I go to the boardroom I get the stadium background. Anyone know why that is?

https://i.gyazo.com/b636bf3a656fcac96645de0653648f1d.jpg

The first background location should be located as follows: ...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\Draconis Skin\graphics\backgrounds

The background should be called default.jpg

For the base skin you might need to extract the files

The second background location should be located as follows: ...\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\graphics

This is possibly a stadium background pack created by an artist which you have consequently downloaded...

Hi! I want to increase the titlebar textsize, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Pic below if you follow the link...

http://s12.postimg.org/hh39llufh/S_S_Lazio_versikt_Profil.jpg

It's controlled by the 'titlebar search panel' xml file located in the panels (which you will need to extract from the default panels.fmf file, instructions here: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure)

In that file locate these lines, first is for the title (Lazio) second for description (Serie A):

<!-- title area -->

<widget class="text" id="sect" alignment="left, centre_y" size="xlarge" style="semi_bold" multiline="false" height="18" wants_mouse_events="false" dont_give_default_focus="true" colour="secondary">

<!-- description -->

<widget class="text" id="subs" size="xsmall" alignment="left, centre_y" multiline="false" dont_give_default_focus="true" height="10" colour="secondary">

And then just change the bolded size values you can either change them to an actual number that should correspond to the pixel size of the font, or you can assign them to another size variable such as normal or xxlarge. You may also need to adjust the height value as well if you make the values too big.

It's controlled by the 'titlebar search panel' xml file located in the panels (which you will need to extract from the default panels.fmf file, instructions here: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure)

In that file locate these lines, first is for the title (Lazio) second for description (Serie A):

<!-- title area -->

<widget class="text" id="sect" alignment="left, centre_y" size="xlarge" style="semi_bold" multiline="false" height="18" wants_mouse_events="false" dont_give_default_focus="true" colour="secondary">

<!-- description -->

<widget class="text" id="subs" size="xsmall" alignment="left, centre_y" multiline="false" dont_give_default_focus="true" height="10" colour="secondary">

And then just change the bolded size values you can either change them to an actual number that should correspond to the pixel size of the font, or you can assign them to another size variable such as normal or xxlarge. You may also need to adjust the height value as well if you make the values too big.

Thank you for the help and quick response!!

It's controlled by the 'match_panel_title' xml file located in the fonts folder for the base skin, locate these lines:

<integer id="fill_colour_red" value="122"/>

<integer id="fill_colour_green" value="174"/>

<integer id="fill_colour_blue" value="246"/>

And change the values to 255 in each line and that should make the text white.

It's controlled by the 'match_panel_title' xml file located in the fonts folder for the base skin, locate these lines:

<integer id="fill_colour_red" value="122"/>

<integer id="fill_colour_green" value="174"/>

<integer id="fill_colour_blue" value="246"/>

And change the values to 255 in each line and that should make the text white.

Fantastic mate, thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is the right thread but here goes.

Where is exactly located the default logos? I want to create a new version of logos and I want to add the default logos of the game to be in the same format, to have some consistency with the logos in game.

Also What exactly do I need to do to make these default logos? Do i need to made them some correct colour, so that the game can change depending on team colors?

Don't know if this is the right thread but here goes.

Where is exactly located the default logos? I want to create a new version of logos and I want to add the default logos of the game to be in the same format, to have some consistency with the logos in game.

Also What exactly do I need to do to make these default logos? Do i need to made them some correct colour, so that the game can change depending on team colors?

The default logos are found in:

\graphics\pictures\logos\normal\default\style

\graphics\pictures\logos\small\default\style

Both of which need to be extracted from the graphics.fmf file, once extracted copy to the same location within your Saving Location and then just replace those graphics with your new logos.

The colour of the logos need to be Red, Green and Blue only as the game will recolour each of these colours to match the teams background, text and trim colours.

• 3 weeks later...

Michael, I know this is not the right place, but I need to talk to you. I need to find those files "match small incidents" and "match title bar." I forgot how to download the Resource Archiver. Could you tell me how to find these files again by the program?

Michael,

Is it possible to have these logos, which this gentleman has circled in his image, made slightly bigger than the default size?

non player profile.xml they are near the top.

changed mine to http://tinypic.com/m/j9y640/4

Would the same apply for players as well?
same idea different panel, depending where in the player profile, either player overview panel, or player personal details panel.
Thank you kind sir.

It was indeed found in the Player Personal Details panel.

Hey Michael, I did all of this and had this happen, despite only editing the player personal details panel and non player profile panel:

i66JBPO.png

Any idea how to make those logos bigger without this happening?

Hi. I have a supernoob question, I think.

I want to change the selected item backgroud color in the Base dark skin. I mean: this is the original

Selected_zpsyu2qgboe.jpg

As you can see it's difficult to see the difference between the selected row and the others (speccially for an old man like me :D )

How to obtain something like this? (I modified this quickly with Photoshop and the color is irrelevant, I need any color different than black or dark grey)

Selected_mod_zpsy4ngwksm.jpg

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

Hi. I have a supernoob question, I think.

I want to change the selected item backgroud color in the Base dark skin. I mean: this is the original

Selected_zpsyu2qgboe.jpg

As you can see it's difficult to see the difference between the selected row and the others (speccially for an old man like me :D )

How to obtain something like this? (I modified this quickly with Photoshop and the color is irrelevant, I need any color different than black or dark grey)

Selected_mod_zpsy4ngwksm.jpg

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

To change the selected row colour you need to edit the row.xml file located in:

\graphics\tables\standard\row\selected

As that files isn't included in the base skin you will need to extract it from the fm-widgets folder contained within the skins.fmf file, if you don't know how to extract the files read this: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure

Once you have extracted the file copy it to the same location within the base skin, then in the file locate this line:

<colour id="red_replacement" name="black"/>

And change the colour name to the colour of your choice, however note that this will change the selected row colour for most tables in the game as it isn't possible to only adjust the value on the fixtures screen.

A great hooray for Michael for offering these Base Skins! :applause: With These I should be able to see all These great Background pics in the touch mode also...

I have a beginners' question though: Where should I copy Player faces and Backgrounds to when I use e.g. the Base2016 Touch - Dark Skin?

To \graphics in the user folder

or to \graphics in the respective skin folder?

I'd rather know before I copy 10GB to the maybe wrong place...

THANKS

A great hooray for Michael for offering these Base Skins! :applause: With These I should be able to see all These great Background pics in the touch mode also...

I have a beginners' question though: Where should I copy Player faces and Backgrounds to when I use e.g. the Base2016 Touch - Dark Skin?

To \graphics in the user folder

or to \graphics in the respective skin folder?

I'd rather know before I copy 10GB to the maybe wrong place...

THANKS

Background images go here - Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\Base2016 Touch - Dark Skin\graphics\backgrounds

Players faces/facepack go here - Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\graphics

I obtained this wwagjs.jpg copying "a club overview stadium", "club overview" and "stadium overview" in panels folder.

As you can see, now there is stadium, but club details on the left and other info, are missing.

Any suggestion on a right "combo" of panels?

I tried this in both Base2016 Dark Skin and in the default buil-in skin of the game. Works in the same way.

Open the club overview file in the d/l and see what file="xxx" it points to for those panels, you can deleted the file="xx" to get it to revert back to the default.

I broken something. Can you help me, please? :rolleyes:This is the default Club Overview, without my errors

EDIT: at least, can you explain better what I have to delete, please?

iv downloaded the standard base skin from the link, put it into the skins folder as i would any other skin - but it not appearing in the game drop down menu to select, cache is turned off and iv reloaded it and selected other skins and gone in/out of preferences to see i that works but its not working, any idea why???

Anyone have any idea why the options in the title bar are a different colour and therefore seem to be invisible? This only happens with friendly fixtures and not league and cup ones.

Friendly title bar

Kelmis%20v%20Achilles29_%20Overview%20Overview_zpsi4qpzsmw.png

League title bar

Achilles29%20v%20VVV_%20Overview%20Overview_zpsjdeju4d2.png

Many thanks in advance,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am wanting to add a matchday ticket to the match preview screen. I have got the graphics that I want to use all ready which I have put in graphics\boxes\custom\tickets. I know that I need to be editing the match preview panel.xml file but I really don't know where to start. I would like to put the ticket in the red box area if possible and I am using the default match preview panel.xml file that i extracted using the resource archiver.

26250348206_bb175e599b_b.jpg

This is the contents of the match preview panel.xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<panel>

<record id="help" help_translation_id="pMth" alignment="centre_x, top"/>

<boolean id="save_session_state" value="true" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" inset="0" offset="0" gap="1">

<container class="bordered_box" default_width="-540" minimum_width="540" priority="1">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!--left hand side - team news-->

<container class="tabbed_container" id="tmtb" >

<widget class="team_report_pre_match_panel" id="hmTR" team_index="0" />

<widget class="team_report_pre_match_panel" id="awTR" team_index="1" />

</container>

</container>

<!--middle - meetings/conditions/referee/rules-->

<container default_width="-400" minimum_width="400" priority="1">

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" gap="1" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!--media-->

<container class="subsection_box" height="100">

<translation id="title" translation_id="227745" type="use" value="Media"/>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true"/>

<container class="competition_news_panel" file="competition news mini panel" id="news" number_of_stories_to_request="12" show_daily_news_request="true" popup_parent="pmpv">

<record id="object_property">

<list id="get_properties">

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="objt"/>

<integer id="set_property" value="objt"/>

</record>

</list>

</record>

</container>

</container>

<!--meetings-->

<widget class="match_previous_matches_panel" id="mpmp">

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />

<integer id="set_property" value="objt" />

</record>

</list>

</record>

</widget>

<!--conditions-->

<widget class="match_conditions_panel" id="matc">

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="objt" />

</record>

</list>

</record>

</widget>

<!--referee-->

<widget class="referee_profile_panel" id="refp">

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="FRef" />

</record>

</list>

</record>

</widget>

<!--rules-->

<container class="subsection_box" id="fixH">

<widget class="fixtures_list_panel" id="flpn" file="fixtures list panel mini" />

</container>

</container>

<!--right - table/fixtures-->

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" inset="0" offset="0" gap="10" default_width="-300" minimum_width="300" priority="2">

<!--table-->

<container class="subsection_box" id="cost" default_height="-600" minimum_height="600" priority="1">

<translation id="title" translation_id="336669" type="use" value="Standings[COMMENT: title of competition stages section of competition overview]" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<widget class="competition_stage_panel" id="leag" file="competition overview stage">

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="cssi" />

<integer id="set_property" value="cssi" />

<boolean id="dont_set_object" value="true" />

</record>

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="cmsi" />

<integer id="set_property" value="cmsi" />

</record>

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="comp" />

</record>

</list>

</record>

</widget>

</container>

<!--fixtures-->

<container class="subsection_box" id="tdfx" default_height="-300" minimum_height="300" priority="2">

<translation id="title" translation_id="324243" type="use" value="Today's Fixtures[COMMENT: how to system; help string]" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<widget class="competition_fixtures_panel" id="fixt" file="competition fixtures match preview" svsl="false">

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="cssi" />

<integer id="set_property" value="cssi" />

</record>

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="cmsi" />

<integer id="set_property" value="cmsi" />

</record>

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="comp" />

</record>

</list>

</record>

</widget>

</container>

</container>

</container>

</panel>

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Hellstorm77 said:

How do you change the start screen menu image?

Find your new image, resize if necessary, rename it background.jpeg, and then copy to here > Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\SKIN NAME\graphics\main menu

3 hours ago, gavo01 said:

Find your new image, resize if necessary, rename it background.jpeg, and then copy to here > Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins\SKIN NAME\graphics\main menu

thank you gavo01

I have another question if someone could help me again

i have resized the image in Photoshop but it doesnt resize in game it stays the same size. plus how do i get rid of the guy  

Image 1.jpg

The manager in your picture can be found here > C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2016\data\graphics\mainmenu

Unfortunately you will need to unpackage the Graphics folder using the Archiver for you to gain access to the picture. 

On 21/11/2015 at 21:38, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The Blue Board confidence bars are actually controlled by these lines (however they also control the various other blue bars in the game - knowlege level etc...)

<!-- (additional) stats colours. used on scout, confidence bars -->

<colour name="low stat" red="58" green="161" blue="226" />

<colour name="medium stat" red="58" green="161" blue="226" />

<colour name="good stat" red="58" green="161" blue="226" />

<colour name="excellent stat" red="58" green="161" blue="226" />

I think the first one corresponds to a value of 0-25%, next 25-50% etc...

However the unfilled bit is controlled by the graphic located in this location:

\graphics\charts\bar\horizontal\percentage\normal\ right (found in the skins\fm-widgets folder)

There is also an empty folder that may be used for an empty bar.

And just to make things more difficult it gets recoloured by the same values above so you need to alter the actual image and also take into consideration that the game will try and recolour the graphic so at best you'd be able to give it a different shade of the same colour.

i have tried to change the values but i keep getting green im trying to get red bars

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived