FM16: Newcastle United - Lifting The Fog On The Tyne

Stu_UBJ

Dani Olmo can cost £2.5m Ante Coric you can get on loan view to a £10m at the end of the season same for Marco Pjaca.

Oh wow, and that's first window?

Couldn't a get a a sniff out of them for any of those players for less than 20milion +

Good to know! Coric can easily become one of the best in the game.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DOWNLOAD LINK ---> http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=76545764877097737318

Documents --> Sports Interactive --> Football Manager 2016 --> editor data

Newcastle United staff changes:

Removed Steve McClaren as Manager

Removed Paul Simpson as Coach

Removed Steve Black as Coach

Removed Alessandro Schoenmaker as Fitness Coach

Changed Ian Cathro from Assistant Manager to Coach

Added Rafa Benítez as Manager

Added Fabio Pecchia as Assistant Manager

Added Antonio Gómez as Coach

Added Paco De Miguel as Fitness Coach

LUBnkDC.png?1

D3xgJpb.png?1

Feel free to download the file. After this very interesting day I am ready to start my save with Newcastle. Will report how it goes.

This is an excellent little file to get the coaching staff sorted! I'll pop this into the OPs (if you're happy with me doing that), along with the one I'm making as we speak to update injuries.

Made it to January (furthest I've got with Toon on FM16), and just got this -

1649ac438226466642dc98f4584ca340.png

Just in time, really needed some cash to bring in another couple of faces. First signing is Mitchell Weiser, as I don't think Janmaat will be around much longer.

Started a new game with Newcastle but unemployed until December. Came January got rid of a few players either sold or loaned out brought Mario Gotze in for a club record of £21.5m after he was transfer listed Also signed Dani Olmo, Ante Coric Marko Pjaca aswell got Martin Odegaard on loan

First Season Review - Newcastle Utd

SR375LS.png

OUwe6Xy.png

Well I've finished my first season on the 16.3 version after trying many different formations and team instructions to see what fitted Newcastle. As you can see we've had a fantastic season finishing 5th and I possibly could have even pushed into the higher Champions League spots, which I just missed out on the last day.

Formation I used was a 4231, this helped using a central midfielder instead of a ball winning midfielder as I found out they got dragged out of position so much. I also put the closing down on the two CM's to less to keep them central and help the back 4 more often. Team instructions mainly changed every game but we had 4 concrete TI's to start with, obviously if you were playing teams who kept the ball you'd introduce the 'get stuck in'. I'd add whip in crosses often if I had Mitrovic playing at STR too. Also have player instructions if you'd like to know just ask :)

KOh8lCd.png

Andros got top goalscorer for us this season and they mainly came at the end of the season as he was injured for a lot of the campaign, there was also 2 players that finished on 12 goals (Mitrovic + Perez) and also many players hovered around 8-10 goals in the squad. Janmaat gained a lot of his assists from those whipped crosses which infact he is amazing at, always hits the space for the likes of Mitrovic, Perez and Wijnaldum to get onto. Tim Krul had the best passing accuracy due to his PI of rolling it to the CB's to start our attacks.

P1qk4nZ.png

As you can see we didn't exactly play fantastic in the Cups, it's definitely something we need to look at next season. Transfers wise I played with the transfer window off, this also caused me not to have money for the January window... in the summer we will be looking at a CB or two, and maybe a central midfielder to fill Tiote's void who will be leaving.

About to start the 16/17 season.

Transfers In

Andrew Robertson - £10m, Geronimo Rulli - Free, Julian Brant - £14m, Keiran Trippier - £3.8m, Adam Piosek (regen) - £4.1m, Djibril Sidibe - Loan £120k P/M, Breel Embolo - £13.5m

Transfers Out

Tim Krul, Remy Cabella, Papiss Cisse, Henri Saivet, Florian Thauvin & Jack Colback were all sold for a combined total of £28m, Also Steven Taylor, Sylvian Marveaux, Rob Elliot, Gabrial Obertan & Sammy Ameobi were all released. Collocini also had his contract terminated. Mitrovic has been loaned out.

Perez is unhappy because I wouldn't let him join Juventus

So just finished my first season with 16.3 patch and i finished 4th in the league. I sold Sissoko and Anita to Man City for £30m and £12.5m each wanted more but couldnt.

Got Geronimo Rulli in on a free but will be looking to buy more players in soon. But there will be a lot more sales than buying.

Newcastle United Season One Review.

After restarting my save due to the number of crashes that I was having after loading every league in every country I decided to lower the number of countries down to around 15 with every league playable in them countries. I am still having numerous crash dumps and after reading the bugs forum a lot of people are also suffering the same issues as me.

In my first season in charge of Newcastle United I exected to qualify for the Champions League even without signing anyone but I managed to sign three players to improve the defence in Emmanuel Mas, Éder Álvarez Balanta and Stefano Denswil and we ended up winning the Premier League quite comfortably and even more shocking was Arsenal and Manchester United failing to get European football for next year through the league.

The cups were used to give the youngsters and reserves games and we went out at the first stage losing to Walsall in the Capital One cup and Tottenham Hotspur in the FA cup.

Results Part One l Results Part Two

Transfers

Transfers%20end%20of%20season%201_1.jpg

How The Players On Loan Did

How%20players%20on%20loan%20did%20end%20of%20season%201.jpg

Premier League Table

Premier%20League%20table%20end%20of%20season%201.jpg

Premier League Player Stats

Premier%20League%20player%20stats%20end%20of%20season%201.jpg

The Squad

Squad%20end%20of%20season%201_2.jpg

The Future

We have already signed five players for next season on Bosman free transfers, Gerónimo Rulli, Afonso Figueiredo, Pablo Sarabia, Tonny Trindade Vilhena, Andrija Zivkovic will all join up next season with hopefully a few more new faces.

Leaving the club will be Rémy Cabella after Marseille activated his buyout clause and now he is in talks with them, also going will be Steven Taylor, Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan and a few of the youngsters whose contracts will not be renewed.

I don't think I will be able to hold onto Daryl Janmaat or Ayoze Pérez as PSG and Bayern Munich have been unsettling them all season along with Moussa Sissoko although the interest in him seems to have went away for the time being but I would quite happily cash in on him to be honest.

Impressive, was Mitrovic's Fitness a problem at all? Couldn't recover quick enough sometimes for me

Thanks, yeah big style, he always had to be subbed around the 65 -70 minute mark, it ridiculous that his natural fitness is only 5.

Rémy Cabella has rejected Marseille's offer for him :) so he will return along with Florian Thauvin. I am going to offer him a new contract to get rid of that £6m release clause as Inter Milan and Juventus now have major interest in him.

I am now having issues with the staff search function not working and the widgets during the matches, this is the most buggy version of FM ever and hopefully a hotfix patch will get released shortly.

What bugs exactly are you experiencing?

Can't say I've experienced any thus far, apart from the wing issue..

There is unlikely to be any fixes now tbh.

After looking in the bugs forum SI are aware of the issues so hopefully a fix will come out soon.

The game crashes all the time, it could be after one week in game or two weeks but the amount of crash dumps I've been getting is shocking.

When searching for staff the game only finds 4 or 5 people.

The match stats widget always disappears from the match screen and you have to delete preferences and cache and reverify the cache which fixes it but only for a short time then you have to do it again and it gets tiresome.

I can imagine.. weirdly i've not experienced any of that, haven't had one crash on fm16 yet, nor have I come across any in game bugs like the staff thing or widgets.

I hope they do bring something out, but I highly doubt it as it doesn't seem to be wide spread and they are already moving onto fm17 by now.

Here is how the first season went;

497e7a754adaf81237a5f7cbd8b898eb.png

The summer market, I concentrated on getting some defenders in. Eboué joins as backup to Janmaat, and Mammana and Rugani join on loan. I got some money in the winter window, coupled with cash I made from sales, and managed to bring in some fresh faces. Mitchell Weiser joins as a replacement to Janmaat, Éder Álvarez Balanta in, along with the conclusion of the permanent signing of Mammana. Sven Bender joins on loan, whilst Wimmer signs on loan to cover the loss of Coloccini and Taylor (both have buy clauses in deal). Young Niall Ennis joins from Wolves too.

216dda075edf036e0319bf357f8e70d2.png

Outgoing in the summer was Colback, whilst Steven Taylor, Janmaat and Riviére left in January to make way for new signings. Also missing there are the numerous loan deals, including the one that takes Coloccini to Huracán. Also released many of the u21 and u18 squad.

fd7a15aa39ab9d50a2cf69b9a68482a0.png

We managed a fantastic 5th place finish. We're the highest scoring team in the league, whilst we have the 6th worst defence in the league. Proper Newcastle style of play :D Added bonus of S*nderland falling into the Championship too. Needless to say there is a couple of players in the Villa and Stoke squad that I have my eye on.

We managed to make it to the 5th Round of the FA Cup, losing eventually to Swansea, who have become my bogey team so far. Lost in C1C 2nd Round, after turning out a weakened side.

f7773b5c7fb77191a0d191ca74f01a4a.png

Ayoze joint top scorer in the league, whist Haidara covered the most ground per 90 mins. Shelvey and Saivet formed a superb midfield partnership, being 2nd and 3rd best AvR over the season.

a7ef031ee5d7a572c9372b8efb4d1a31.png

b02ad4c6d26e4c47becafaa82966ff05.png

Weiser turned out to be an inspired signing, replacing Janmaat and actually improving the DR position, and was voted NUFC Player of the Year, despite only playing half a season. Sissoko and Wijnaldum were exceptional on the wings, 35 goals and 11 assists between them, and some excellent performances. Ayoze exceptional, whilst most of the squad turned on good performances. Cissé, Dummett, and Obertan didn't feature.

a06449635486fc1579370cdf36b19755.png

After and exceptional season, a huge war chest has been handed to me. I have £270k of wages free, although a couple of high earners are likely to leave the club in the summer. Bids have been made for Butland, Amavi, Jairo Riedewald, Abdelhak Nouri and a couple of others so far.

ff81db41382f971d9b2f5abb54ae10a5.png7a240bbf61b313195a1874fdf5e1248c.png01d37e5a4547b09b1c71f727cef4ba7b.png

These are my current formations.

Thanks, yeah big style, he always had to be subbed around the 65 -70 minute mark, it ridiculous that his natural fitness is only 5.

Natural Fitness is an odd attribute that has several different uses and they don't always go hand in hand. It is used to determine the basic level of fitness a player maintains when not training (post-season or when injured), how fast their physical attributes decline with age, and recovery time between games when fully fit.

Mitrovic's 5 is justified based on the former I believe, but can cause unrealistic problems with the latter.

edit: Another example of this is Rooney who gets takes ages to get back in shape after a spell not playing but is a machine once he gets going, playing games constantly.

Cracking update there, Stu_UBJ.

Just started a new save with Newcastle myself, after a very fun save with them last year.

A Little bit funny to see the transfer of Eboue :p

Edit: Is this with the 16.3 patch? Then how in the World did you manage to loan Mammana and Rugani? :O

Cracking update there, Stu_UBJ.

Just started a new save with Newcastle myself, after a very fun save with them last year.

A Little bit funny to see the transfer of Eboue :p

Edit: Is this with the 16.3 patch? Then how in the World did you manage to loan Mammana and Rugani? :O

They're both listed for loan at the start, at least they are on mine. Signed Eboué as there is no cover for Janmaat at DR, and he was available cheap. It took some grit to get through the first few months, but now I'm into it very nicely.

Well, they're definately not listed for loan on mine, and all the big clubs are after them :p

And yeah, the finances are very tight (which I guess is do to the january signings irl), but there is no room in the wage budget, and the transferbudget is only at around £120k. I can't sign anyone, and I can't sell anyone :p

But I'm gonna stick it out, and keep going, hoping it gets better around January and next season

Well, they're definately not listed for loan on mine, and all the big clubs are after them :p

And yeah, the finances are very tight (which I guess is do to the january signings irl), but there is no room in the wage budget, and the transferbudget is only at around £120k. I can't sign anyone, and I can't sell anyone :p

But I'm gonna stick it out, and keep going, hoping it gets better around January and next season

If you really want cash, you should be able to sell Tiote, Anita, Janmaat, Sissoko, Gouffron, Cisse and Riviere. I usually try to wait until Jan to sell Sissoko and Janmaat because their value goes up, but you can get about 15-20M total to play with right away trying to dump those players.

I think I ended up selling Janmaat for 20M and Sissoko for 28M in the 2016 summer window.

Guoffran and Cisse has absolutely no takers.

And the few that has bid for them, they've rejected to to wage issues.

But I'll keep the squad as it is for now, and hope for better things in January.

It won't be much, but I was typically able to off Gouff for like 1.5-2M and Cisse for around 2-4M range. Then again, I just wanted to dump their wages since I know I'd never use them.

I've listed Gouffran at £1,2 million, and then Reading came in with a non-negotiable offer of £75k. I might want to get rid of them, but that's just too small a Price. But there are a few central defenders in the reserve squad that can be called up to the first team, so I probably won't have to get anyone in before January, where I'll hopefully get some money or sell some players.

Second Season Review - Newcastle United

mFDrsE2.png

ytjOOFM.png

Another crazy season in the Premier League is over and unfortunately we only sneaked into 6th place in the last game of the season, the amount of goals I scored this season was astronomical however I conceded an absolute ton as well which is very very annoying. I think we could have easily finished in the top 4 this season if we could have had a few less goals going in our net.

I again used the 4231 formation and it's working miracles in some games and then the next its dreadful, however it's a great base to play from and I just change around in game. I'm definitely going to look to improve the defensive side of our team in the summer window.

rWQKX5a.png

As you can see Mitović had an absolute stormer of a season for us as he basically cemented that striker position from the day that Doumbia went back to Roma, this in turn caused him to have the highest rating and also the most man of the matches for this season. Janmaat racking up the top assists again with Haidara just in behind which created a lot of our goals this season, also players such as Ayoze, Wijnaldum and others had a hand in many goals.

rp0jVXb.png

As you can see we had a great run in the league, however one of the cups we lost in the 3rd round again... what a shocker. But the Europa League disappointed me as we lost on away goals to Chelsea where I felt the team were far better and easily could have put them out of the competition. Losing in the 6th round against Bournemouth was a kick in the teeth too due to myself playing a weakened team... easily a competition we could have won.

p0pBnh1.png

We brought in some fantastic players this season with the likes of Butland from relegated Stoke, Mammana from River Plate and some other youngsters were fantastic through-out the season. Definitely looking at some more defenders and I want to train Mammana as a defensive centre midfielder this year as his stats are fantastic.

Players that left the club really wouldn't be getting any time and a few were on crazy wages.

X4mz7Vi.png

Right this year, I've never ever had such a clinical striker on any game of FM. Every game he played it seemed like he scored, overall he scored 35 but he had 31 goals in the Premier League in 34 games which is absolutely crazy. In the cups he didn't play often as I used Ayoze instead or he could have easily had over 40+ goals which is mental.

His price rocketed from £9m to £25.5m.

fkfkVob.png

42tJYri.png

Rejected £26m bid from Man United for Cabella, £39.5m from Bayern for Wijnaldum, and sold Thauvin for £16.5m to Monaco. My thinking is that both Wijnaldum and Cabella are in super form and I could potentially get a bigger fee in the summer. Plus, not a huge amount of players I am interested in to replace them at the moment.

Quick question, is Steven Taylor meant to be injured at the start of the game? I used Belgium's pre-season to get a few extra days in for transfers etc and he's fully fit.

He was on mine...would like to know if it was just me.

Quick question, is Steven Taylor meant to be injured at the start of the game? I used Belgium's pre-season to get a few extra days in for transfers etc and he's fully fit.

His injury is probably set in he database to begin from the natural starting date in the prem league maybe? And by starting earlier, you don't get that injury in it... just a guess.. i don't actually know.

Third Season Review - Newcastle United

bopHwn7.png

VLEsMeI.png

As you can see we didn't have a very good season this year, as well as the chairman wanting another Europa League place finish - which added extra pressure for the players. Adding on the fact we had far too many injuries throughout the season to even think of challenging for the EL or UCL places was very annoying.

Next year we're going to have to bring in a dominating midfielder as in January we brought in Sturaro on loan and he helped us massively as at one point we were sitting 15th in the league and I was getting took into the chairman's office - on the brink of the sack. I had those talks again at the end of the season and he wants atleast 10 points for the first 5 games which should be manageable.

UjKC4NG.png

Ayoze picked up top goalscorer this year due to our main man from last year Mitrovic being injured for large parts, he still notched 12 goals for the campaign which next year I want to see him doubling.

Nice to see our returning player and our new inputs into the team picking up highest rating and most assists, next season I'm expecting them to push on and make a huge impact for us getting into a Europe spot.

lCQ98kd.png

We had a very poor showing in the EL this term, added with the fact the teams weren't exactly fantastic either - we went out by 1 goal as our 1 win and 4 draws weren't enough. Another 3rd round exit in the FA Cup - however we actually won the Capital One Cup against Arsenal, it was a fantastic 4-2 win at Wembley.

ExuQmob.png

We added some youngsters to our ranks this year with our scouts coming up big on a few occasions, also the added extra at the back with Kalas coming in from Chelsea - who unfortunately didn't have the best of half seasons for us and I think I'll be looking to move him on in the summer. Then our splash out at a very young Youri Tielemans which we hope to be guiding us to more glory in the future.

Players leaving were many fringe players that infact wouldn't be getting much game time now or in the next few seasons.

Trophy Room images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNQGOwK7Gp95k6-gvnPf9ZuUz7-A-dKMpr3OdttfEhq1wIiFjd

Capital One Cup: 2018

Got 6 or 7 games left in 2nd season, find myself 10 points clear at the top!! Also got Roma in EL 1/4 finals, won 1st Leg 2-1. Ayozé has been incredible(43 goals in 42 games), as has my midfield of Tioté, Saivet, Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Cabella, all worth well over the £20m mark at the moment (barring Tioté, who is "only" worth £14.5m). Looking to ship out Townsend, Shelvey, Andy King possibly, and may need to sell Álvarez Balanta, as he isn't getting beyond Mbemba and Mammana. Will post end of season update later hopefully.

Andy King is really overrated now thanks to Leicester's success.

Hopefully now he'll prove me wrong in the Euros.

I signed him purely to provide backup to midfield and also due to being HG.

I started up a Newcastle save yesterday, really enjoying it! Currently 4th in the Prem after 14 games, 3 points after Swansea (!) in the top spot. Decided to set up a 4-4-1-1 looking like this:

GK-d: Krul/Darlow

FB-A: Arias/Anita

CD-D: Coloccini/Lascelles

CD-D: Mbemba

FB-S: Haidara/Dummett

WM-S: Sissoko/Gouffran

BWM-D: Tiote/Colback

RPM-S: Wijnaldum/Shelvey

W-A: Aarons/Townsend

TQ-A: Perez/Saivet

AF-A: Doumbia/Mitrovic

However, I think I may need to do some changes as the Treq in the AM slot is not producing anything. Perez has one assist in 11(2) and Saivet has 2 goals in 2(11). Mitrovic has also been a disappointment and Doumbia is playing ahead of him as he is scoring while Mitro is not. How are people getting Perez to sparkle? I am thinking of pushing him up into the striker position and use him as a F9 next to the AF. Any thoughts? I am open for suggestions.

2nd Season Review;

SO, managed to finish the second season, massively enjoying this save now!

Pre-Season Results

We showed some real quality through pre-season, the only goal conceded was a penalty. We won every game, including a convincing result against PSG.

PL Results 1 - PL Results 2

After the game vs Hull, I thought I'd signed the wrong players, sold the wrong players, as it looked dire. But once a few players returned from the Olympics in time for Chelsea, we looked dangerous, composed. It all started to fall into place, goals were a-flowing, eventually the defence got itself sorted and we were a force. A blip against Everton (0-3), and a couple of draws here and there...but a quite outstanding season. Big teams, newly-promoted, they were brushed aside with consummate ease. 5-1 annihilations of Everton and Chelsea, and and some other magnificent results.

838835fbd54aa492aaacf6d5a55c55b3.png

13 points clear. Absolutely incredible. Top scorers by a country mile, and the 3rd best defence. Chelsea fell apart, three managers in the season. Man City much the same, but managed to pull it together late in the day.

FA/C1 Cup

We didn't really give the cups a go this season, but still disappointed with both performances.

5f0b56209d07ab899981de1a3a6e16b6.png

8b4613594520fbefe41f18c895bc8f18.png

We came through the group easily.

33602f47eff3b9e0f0fa74f355f272cd.png

Wolfsburg and Napoli turned out to be less of a test than expected. After taking a win in the first leg, we fell apart in the second leg. Roma are our European bogey team so far.

356939f0a8f2cffdeebf64bd5cc18f47.png

0e8ce486462d58c005912de151692803.png

Some of the stats are just incredible.

Top Scorers; Ayozé (53), Sissoko (18)

Top Assists; Weiser (17), Cabella (16), Sissoko (14), Wijnaldum (11)

Best Pass %; Kace (86%), Tioté (83%), Wijnaldum (80%)

The midfield of Saivet, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Tioté, and Cabella is just unstoppable. Saivet was a player I expected to be shipping out last summer, but he become one of the best players in the league.

Player Values;

79619a8cf49000d4f0187d032e470cd6.png

Due to such incredible seasons, many top performers have now inflated values, which is something I may consider cashing in on if the price is right.

965dc0d402fd98674bfeacc9817fc0a7.png

Archived