dafuge on tour again

dafuge

Hi dafuge,

still rolling with the 442 wide diamond? Any chance I could get a look at your tactics?

Not so happy with my flat 442 atm, so maybe a diamond is the solution, but I've no idea where to begin... thanks! :)

Here are my tactics, although they are nothing special.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great read so far pal, are you happy enough in Portugal to stay there long term do you think?

I'm really liking the Portuguese league, but I'm not planning on staying anywhere for the long term.

I'd rather manage a couple of clubs in each of the countries I've loaded, so I'll probably move on to Holland next.

Guimarães - Liga NOS - 2029/30

In just half a season, I took this club from 16th to 5th and a place in the Europa League. I had high hopes for this season.

League Table - 6th place feels like it flatters us a bit, we were horribly inconsistent and regularly threw away points against weaker teams.

Taça da Liga - I had no interest in this competition.

Taça de Portugal - we had a bit of a cup run, but couldn't hold on to our lucky first leg win in the semi finals.

UEFA Europa League - this was a horrible way to miss out on the group stages.

Squad - the gaps left by the loan players from last season were never filled, although the promising players promoted from the youth squad are looking great.

Transfers - just a few signings, but not all of them were a success.

Finances - we are still in bad debt.

Key Player Profiles:

Hugo Fazio - my star signing, and top scorer.

Kid - had another brilliant season.

Salaheddine Abdellaoui - signed to lead the line, but failed miserably.

Elhadji N'Diaye - a great player that I inherited at the club.

Alí García - a player I had previously signed signed at Birmingham.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over in December
2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          
2017/18    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    15th          
2018/19    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    4th            Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League          19th           FA Trophy finalists
2020/21    Hartlepool United    England    Vanarama National League          n/a            Took over in October, sacked in January
2020/21    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          6th            Took over in March
2021/22    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          1st            Promoted as champions
2022/23    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet League 2                  4th            Took over in March, promoted via playoffs
2023/24    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet League 1                  2nd            Promoted
2024/25    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              19th          
2025/26    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              16th
2026/27    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              8th
2027/28    Freamunde            Portugal   Segunda Liga                      3rd            Promoted
2028/29    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          5th            Took over in January
2029/30    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          6th           

Next Season

After what feels like a wasted season, we really need to start challenging to the top four next season.

Well I have just finished reading your career to date and love it.

I would consider starting a thread myself with the career game I started but it has encountered a severe crash issue in July of 2020 so gutted. I was on a bizarre career path. Started at Portsmouth and got back to back promotions to the Championship, but fell foul of the board after questioning them in the press...got sacked and went to Premier League Leicester City who I saved from relegation and them left them and went to Formartine United in Scottish League 2(they got promoted in season 1 playoff against Arbraoth). After 1 season with Formartine United who got relegated under my guidance, I left for Gosport Borough and thats when the crashes came.

I shall kepp following this with eager eyes now

Congrats on your Europa qualification! I love Portugal as a league.

It is a great league to play in. No limits on signing foreigners and only 18 teams in the league so not too much fixture congestion.

You get to sign loads of Brazilians too which is always handy.

Guimarães - Liga NOS - 2030/31

We slipped a place last season due to inconsistent results and runs of poor form, we have the potential to break into the top three but only if we can sort our form out.

League Table - 4th place is a fair reflection of our season, but we threw away so many points against the weaker clubs.

Taça da Liga - this group stage third round is something we could have done with avoiding, but we came through it to beat the weakened sides Benfica and Porto put out. This was my first cup win as manager!

Taça de Portugal - this is what happens when Benfica try hard.

UEFA Europa League - we had an amazing run that ended in defeat in the 92nd minute.

Squad - we are starting to build a great squad, but are still vulnerable to bigger sides pinching our players.

Transfers - this was a much better transfer window for us, with the exception of the Dynamo Kyiv incident.

Finances - we are still in a bit of debt.

Key Player Profiles:

Hugo Fazio - top scorer again.

Miguel Angelo - one of the youngsters I inherited when I took over.

Mykola Lozovyi - an amazing free transfer, far too good for this club.

Mohamed Fawzy - the late replacement for the winger Dynamo Kyiv pinched.

Ourdy Tshiani - had to play on the wing for half the season, but he's a great defensive midfielder.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over in December
2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          
2017/18    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    15th          
2018/19    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    4th            Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League          19th           FA Trophy finalists
2020/21    Hartlepool United    England    Vanarama National League          n/a            Took over in October, sacked in January
2020/21    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          6th            Took over in March
2021/22    Scunthorpe United    England    Vanarama National League          1st            Promoted as champions
2022/23    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet League 2                  4th            Took over in March, promoted via playoffs
2023/24    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet League 1                  2nd            Promoted
2024/25    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              19th          
2025/26    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              16th
2026/27    Birmingham City      England    Sky Bet Championship              8th
2027/28    Freamunde            Portugal   Segunda Liga                      3rd            Promoted
2028/29    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          5th            Took over in January
2029/30    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          6th           
2030/31    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          4th            Taça da Liga winners

Next Season

We are getting closer to the big three, but the gap is hard to close as they will benefit from the CL money. I'm contracted for two more seasons, my aim is to break that top three in that time.

Much better season, how far away is your squad from competing with Benfica and Porto?

have the big 3 had much success in europe?

We are getting really close to competing with them on the pitch, but the gap in the finances is huge. Qualifying for the CL is the only way we can really challenge them, which is a problem as there's on three spots!

No Portuguese club has made it to a European final since my game started.

Guimarães - Liga NOS - 2031/32

With a 4th placed finish and a cup win, we came close to breaking up the big three last season. Could we do it this time?

League Table - job done! It took a poor season from Sporting to give us our chance, which we took.

Taça da Liga - we were looking good to retain the trophy until we met Benfica in the final.

Taça de Portugal - another good cup run but another final defeat. This time it was a horribly late defeat to Porto.

UEFA Europa League - we went one better than last season, but fell in extra time to Juventus.

Squad - we have a good squad, but it's too small to compete in every competition. Hopefully I can add a few extra players for next season.

Transfers - once again we lost a key player due to a release clause, but we spent the money on a decent replacement.

Finances - a profit for the season, mostly down to the player sold.

Key Player Profiles:

João Viana - the young player was given his chance, which he took.

Miguel Ângelo - he was probably our second best striker.

Mykola Lozovyi - another great season, although we had a bit of a run in over his contract.

Mohamed Fawzy - another great winger who is unhappy as we can't afford to improve his contract.

Hugo Fazio - starting to lose his place in the team due to the two young strikers playing well.

Career Overview

2030/31    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          4th            Taça da Liga winners
2031/32    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          3rd            Taça da Liga and Taça de Portugal finalists

Next Season

By qualifying for the Champions League, I feel like my work is done here. With one year left on my contract, I've got one unlikely shot at winning the title, after that I'll probably move on.

Definitely frail at the back, only really the bottom 3 with a worse defense than you!

Assuming you'll have to qualify for the CL....here's to an easy draw to bring in the £££. Are you planning on extending your contract or still planning on leaving after this season?

Definitely frail at the back, only really the bottom 3 with a worse defense than you!

Assuming you'll have to qualify for the CL....here's to an easy draw to bring in the £££. Are you planning on extending your contract or still planning on leaving after this season?

Centre backs & keeper are definitely our weakest positions, so I'd love to improve them but it's wingers where we are short on numbers. Tricky one with the tight finances.

I'm pretty sure that I'll leave when my contract expires, but I've not completely made my mind up yet. I'm thinking of going to Holland next, although the Sporting job is currently available which might be tempting.

Guimarães - Liga NOS - 2032/33

Last season we broke into the top three and qualified for the Champions League. It felt like my job here had been achieved, so this season was all about doing it again before moving on.

League Table - this came out of no where, but we were playing magnificent football. The major difference was we rarely dropped points against the weaker sides, instead we often seemed to pick up narrow wins in our bad games. It was however a bit sad to see my former club Freamunde relegated after finishing bottom.

Taça da Liga - we made it our third consecutive final in this competition, but like last year we lost in the final.

Taça de Portugal - our un ended when we were thumped at home by Benfica.

UEFA Champions League - we didn't even make it to the playoff match. Instead we had a decent repeat of last season in the Europa League.

Squad - the defence still needs improving, but the rest of the squad is great.

Transfers - instead of signing lots of new players I spent money on keeping our better existing ones.

Finances - the Champions League money would have been so handy.

Key Player Profiles:

João Viana - this season he really made the main striker role his own.

Hugo Fazio - he made a bit of a comeback as our second striker.

Mykola Lozovyi - brilliant as usual.

Mohamed Fawzy - keeping him was more important than any new signings.

Kosmas Stafylidis - it took a change in board expectations to get the budget to finally sign him.

Career Overview

2031/32    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          3rd            Taça da Liga and Taça de Portugal finalists
2032/33    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          1st            Taça da Liga finalists

Next Season

I was happy with just breaking into the top three, winning the title was never something I expected to achieve in my time here. This is a brilliant way to go out, so when my contract expires I will be leaving for a new challenge, probably in Holland.

6ShgxSr.png

After unexpectedly winning a league title in Portugal, it was time for me to move on and try myself out in a new country. I eventually got that chance with FC Eindhoven, who play in the second tier of the Dutch league.

Club

Facilities

Finances

Squad

League Table

We have a synthetic pitch which is a first for me, but the new stadium opening at the end of next season is a huge positive. The finances look decent, which might be crucial as the squad doesn't look too great. The board expect me to reach the playoffs, which looks reasonable given the current league position.

Much like my time in Portugal, I'd like to use this club as a stepping stone to one of the bigger Dutch clubs, ideally Ajax.

Strange move to go to a considerably smaller club, and that's the second time now. There wasn't anything better available, or did you feel you needed a challenge again?

I managed FC Eindhoven for quite a few seasons in a career here a while ago, for whatever reason I don't remember it particularly fondly, I think I kinda hit a ceiling after a while and got bored. Hopefully you enjoy it more. :thup:

Strange move to go to a considerably smaller club, and that's the second time now. There wasn't anything better available, or did you feel you needed a challenge again?

I could have waited, but it was the first job that came up in Holland.

Saying that, I wanted a job in the second division to get a chance of working my way up the league like I did in Portugal. Hopefully this time it would be quite so straightforward.

FC Eindhoven - Jupiler League- 2033/34

After winning the title in Portugal I took a job with huge potential in the Dutch second division. I had a huge budget to build a squad of my own so I felt confident on improving on the 6th position the club were in when I took the job.

League Table - our final league position was a bit underwhelming, but we had good form going into the playoffs.

Playoffs - we beat Achilles'29 from our division, but we were unable to beat SC Cambuur from the Eredivisie. Our fitness was a bit of a worry, we seemed to have stopped training before the playoffs.

KNVB Beker - this was before I took the job.

Squad - this is almost a brand new squad compared to last season, we just need a great striker.

Transfers - I released a lot of players!

Finances - the finances are still pretty decent, although the board were worried at one point.

Key Player Profiles:

Robert van Bakel - top scorer who really improved when I took over.

Kwaku Ofori - an immediate impact from one of my signings.

Jonathan Godwin - perhaps one for next season.

Peter Jenkins - my best signing, shame he suffered a bad injury.

Robert Hopkins - our most valuable player.

Career Overview

2032/33    Guimarães            Portugal   Liga NOS                          1st            Taça da Liga finalists
2033/34    FC Eindhoven         Holland    Jupiler League                    6th            Took over in November

Next Season

We have a decent squad so I don't see why we shouldn't be aiming for the title next season.

Archived