dafuge on tour again

dafuge

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schadenfreude setting in. The almighty dafuge being brought down by a cut wage budget ;)

Seriously though, I hate that. It then makes you look bad because you're well over.

I must admit, I've been pushing the wage budget quite hard. This was probably the only time when I was under it though!

It rules out any new signings, so I'll be stuck with my squad of 12 for the season :D

I must admit, I've been pushing the wage budget quite hard. This was probably the only time when I was under it though!

It rules out any new signings, so I'll be stuck with my squad of 12 for the season :D

Time to hand out trials to every man and his dog in town then, anyone who would play for free:D

Unexpected to say the least (personally I find the save more interesting now). Do you consider this as bad luck/worse starting conditions? Or is FM 16 just more difficult than previous iterations?

I doubt it is FM16 being harder, I just think it is down to this save being different to most of my others.

I'm used to taking over a club on the rise (promotion to the conference N/S) where I can afford to replace the current squad with my own players. This time, the club was in trouble when I joined and I've not really had a chance to build a squad of my own.

DazRTaylor said:
Why cant you pad out the squad with non contract signings?

2 of my 12 players are non contract players already, but I'll be looking for more if I get any injuries. I may also need a few loans (something I usually don't go for).

We had an injury crisis, so I went out and signed some new players.

We might have a squad capable of another midtable finish, but the finances are going to be dire by the end of the season.

I feel sorry for whoever takes this job when I leave :D

We had an injury crisis, so I went out and signed some new players.

We might have a squad capable of another midtable finish, but the finances are going to be dire by the end of the season.

I feel sorry for whoever takes this job when I leave :D

Is this called "doing a 'Arry Redknapp"?:lol:

Concord Rangers - Vanarama National League South - 2018/19

The club is in financial trouble and all of our best players are leaving. I made the stupid decision to overspend in the hope keeping the club in the league in what is likely to be my final season here.

League Table - I've no idea how this happened, but the new players I signed transformed the way we were playing. On to the playoffs!

Playoff semi final leg 1 - a poor result, but we still have hope for the 2nd leg.

Playoff semi final leg 2 - we were outstanding, overturning the first leg defeat to reach the playoff final.

Playoff final - we let our lead slip with minutes to go and then faced the drama of penalties. We are going up!

FA Trophy - it was nice to win a match, but we were outplayed by the team from the division above.

FA Cup - this felt like a proper cup run, just a shame it didn't end with a money spinner.

Squad - the new players I signed made a huge difference, especially the wingers.

Transfers - the wage budget was obliterated as I went out and strengthened the squad.

Finances - a loss, but smaller than previous season due to the cup and playoff games.

Key Player Profiles:

Mason Bloomfield - top scorer again in another stunning season.

Louis McIntosh - a second proper striker made a big difference to our attack.

Lewis Taffe - despite the new signings, he still played a major part in our season.

Dan Happe - a really solid defender for this level.

Sandro Semedo - our most valuable player at £17.75k.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over on 30.12.2015
2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          
2017/18    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    15th          
2018/19    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    4th            Promoted via playoffs

Next Season

The promotion was completely unexpected and has thrown my plans into doubt for next season. Earlier in the season I upset the board when linked to a job at League 2 Doncaster, but the offer never came. They offered me a new contract days before the playoff final, but I turned it down as I wanted to see how that match went first.

So, should I stay or should I go?

Wow, 4 seasons to get a first promotion, is this a new record? :D

I think it might be, beating the 3 season it took me with Havant & Waterlooville on my last tour save.

I did however spend seven season in the Conference Premier with Wingate & Finchley, that's something I don't fancy repeating!

Looks like I will be staying with the club for one more season then, although I'm not going to go begging to the board for a new contract. Having already turned one down, the board will need to come back to me with another offer if they want me to stay.

With just 5 days left to go on my contract, they finally offered me a new one. Good job really as I turned down an offer from Eastleigh (just relegated from League 2) to stay at the club and suffer the inevitable season of misery.

Really looking forward to your season of misery! Gives your fictional character some flavor and a great backstory imho.

Concord Rangers - Vanarama National League - 2019/20

Last season we had a promotion that came completely out of the blue but our financial position meant it was going to be tough strengthening the squad.

League Table - a decent run of form in the middle of the season kept us clear of relegation, but we finished on terrible form.

FA Trophy - somehow we found ourselves in a Wembley final, just a shame we lost out to a late goal.

FA Cup - a draw against a League 1 team was encouraging, but that was as far as we got.

Squad - with a few new signings this squad could be competitive in this division.

Transfers - despite the wage budget being cut, I was able to sign a few decent players.

Finances - the FA Trophy gate receipts took a chunk of debt away, but we are still in trouble.

Key Player Profiles:

Mason Bloomfield - top scorer again but he wasn't as effective at this level.

Louis McIntosh - his injury played a big part in our form.

Jake Mulraney - an impressive new signing.

Harry Donovan - another decent new signing.

Alfie Connor - a decent new defender.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                            Position       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    19th           Took over on 30.12.2015
2016/17    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    14th          
2017/18    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    15th          
2018/19    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League South    4th            Promoted via playoffs
2019/20    Concord Rangers      England    Vanarama National League          19th           FA Trophy finalists

Next Season

I was doubtful of staying at the club this season, but I feel as if my job is done by keeping them in this division. I'll be leaving when my contract expires and looking for a new club, maybe back in the Conference north/south.

It's a great total, but he scored over 40 last season. The coach report sums him up nicely, a decent player in the conference north/south but dreads playing in the big matches.

Ive never seen that in a report! Madness.

Its tough going in the National League, not sure how much more fight i have left in me over at Kingstonian.

Your increase in stats is very interesting compared to last year. It's a shame that SI doesn't tell us how and why certain stats evolve.

How many courses have you followed ingame?

I'm assuming those coaching attributes have risen due to the coaching areas I was covering at Concord, no idea about the others.

I'm yet to take a course due to the financial situations of the clubs I've been at.

I left them in a right state, badly in debt with most players leaving on free transfers. I'm not at all surprised to see them doing as badly as they are.

The 'Arry Redknapp effect in full flow then.

But seriously though, how in the world did you keep that lot up last season considering their board likes to keep cutting your wage budget all the time?:eek:

Archived