"RKC! From outta nowwhere!! Waalwijk! What a move!!!"

Deisler26

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

Charlton vs RKC, must've been a classic. :D

I didn't quite understand what are you trying to do with the team in FM, I get that you want to produce some youngsters, but why did you have to sell a bunch of stars?

Because they were brought into the club. They were not produced by the academy.

And....maybe?.. :cool: In fairness, RKC played well the first half, but their strikers were woeful.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

End of Aug 2027 Transfer Window

Another year, another domestic sweep. The board took notice of this and wanted the double (Eredivisie & KNVB Beker), whilst not expecting us to make it out of our UEFA Champions League group. For this, we had a £1.75m wage budget & £86.73m transfer budget...

Results

In the Eredivisie, we kicked off our campaign at home to the team we vanquished in the KNVB Beker Final last year, Roda JC Kerkade. And it was business as usual as Leo Huisting scored twice on route to an easy 2-0 win. We then hit three in the first half against sc Heerenveen to walk away 3-1 winners. Goals from Jeffery Kooiman, Djeremy Wildenbosch and the talisman Thierry Ambrose sealed that deal. However, Vitesse Arnhem were our next opponents and despite a 15-1 ratio of disparity in shots, we drew 0-0. To say we battered them up and down the park would be an understatement.

However, it was business as usual for the last two games of the month as we put three past SBV Excelsior. Thierry Ambrose being the chief architect with a brace and an assist to Casey Rutten to hit the third to seal the deal in a 3-0 win. 3-0 was also the scoreline when we met Heracles Almeo. A first half brace by Thierry Ambrose and a goal right on HT by Tom Vissers gave us the easy win.

- Fixtures - - Table -

In the UEFA Champions League adventure, we were put up against A.C Milan, A.S Monaco FC & Maccabi Tel-Aviv. A welcome home for Managervich, it seems!

We also won the traditional Dutch curtain raiser, the Johan Cryuff Shield, with a 2-0 win over PSV Eindhoven. An own goal and a Casey Rutten strike 5 mins from time gave us a good platform to start the season.

-------------------------

Transfers

We sold off a number of players, six for actual money and three of those, first teamers. First off, full back Branco Van Bakel was sold for £6.75m + 50% to U.S Quevilly Rouen Metropole. Then went winger Jeffery Van Gerven to EPL side Everton for £8.25m + 50%. Finally, home-grown defender Emre Yildrim had chosen Turkey over Holland and, as such, was flogged for £2.5m + 50% to Olympiakos Piraeus. 

- Transfers -

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, noikeee said:

Bloody hell that's a lot. Specially when you're up against a lot as famous for producing talents as Ajax is.

I am *ahem* managing Holland too... :D

But, a lot of the players are ex-players and I had 11 players play in the U-21's

RKC Waalwijk

End of Jan 2028 Transfer Window

Results

A simple 2-0 win over FC Den Bosch, thanks to teen sensation Jelle Lems' first goal of the season then led us into an early top-of-the-table clash with NAC BredaA 2-1 first half lead, courtesy of Djeremy Wildenbosch's double, looked comfortable. Even more so when Kees Cocu swept home to make it 3-1 on 63 mins. However, resident hothead Youssef Van de Beek saw red for two yellows. NAC pulled one back, but we ran out 3-2 winners. Our next game was an extremely tight 1-0 win at home to FC Groningen, Djeremy Wildenbosch hitting the only goal of the game. We then stuttered against AZ Alkmaar, first going behind, then labouring to salvage the 1-1 draw, thanks to Casey Rutten's goal.

Midway through October and we were to face VVV Venlo. 1-1 at HT, through Piet van der Linden's early strike, but we then fell behind early on in the second half and looked ragged. Thankfully, their midfielder saw red for a crunching tackle on Cocu on 53 minutes and we took full advantage of the extra man. First Thierry Ambrose fired home to level it up on 59 minutes and Co Gootjes flicked home the winner 10 minutes later to give us a 3-2 win. A more comfortable win came in the next game against ADO Den Haag, although a general malaise in the defence allowed another two goals against. Thankfully, a Co Gootjes double and strikes from Djeremy Wildenbosch & Thierry Ambrose gave us a 4-2 win. Finally in October, a dominating, yet poorly executed performance against AFC Ajax Amsterdam saw us only draw 0-0.

November saw us back to our usual selves as we thumped my protege Nigel De Jong's FC Utrecht side 3-0, with Jelle Lems, Thierry Ambrose and Che Nunnely on the scoresheet. This proved to be the final nail in the coffin for him and it saw him sacked. Feeling sorry for him, I immediately snapped him up to be the Netherlands B manager, until he gets back on his feet. A long international break then saw us struggle to break down a resolute Feyenoord Rotterdam side, despite dominating all aspects of the play. THe final result was 0-0. However, we put PSV Eindhoven to the sword in the next game, winning 3-0 with second half goals from a Thierry Ambrose double and Che Nunnely at the death.

December dawned with a match against FC Twente Enschade. Halfway through the first half, Kees Cocu was given a straight red for a horrific tackle and I had to sub two players early on. However, Yasin Peeters headed home from a corner to give us a 1-0 lead and we held onto it for the rest of the game, showing some robust defending. The rest of December saw us beat Willem II Tilburg 2-0 with two early goals, before a disappointing 0-0 draw against Roda JC Kerkade. Then came one of our better results, as we put four past sc Heerenveen. A double from Leo Huisting and goals from Djeremy Wildenbosch and Robert de Graaf saw us comfortably romp home 4-0. 

After the winter break, our final three games were a 3-0 win over Vitesse Arnhem, a 3-2 win over SBV Excelsior, despite being 3-0 up and, finally, a 0-0 draw against Heracles Almeo.

- Table - - Results -

In the the Third Round of the KNVB Beker, we played an U-19's side against Jupiler League opposition in Fortuna Sittard. And they took them all the way to ET, before falling to a counter attack in the second half of ET. This knocked us out for the first time in a good few years.

In the UEFA Champions League, we took on AS Monaco FC at home and lost 0-2. We then travelled to Israel, where I was feted as a hometown legend. However, a very poor performance saw us fall 1-2 to Maccabi Tel-Aviv. However, back-to-back 1-0 wins over AC Milan thrust us back up the table and a magnificent 3-1 away win in Monaco, courtesy of a Thierry Ambrose hat-trick qualified us in second place, with a chance to go top. And top we went, with a 3-0 hammering of Maccabi, while Monaco could only draw 1-1 with Milan.

- Euro Results - Cup Results -

Transfers

First off, we sold legendary winger Co Gootjes to Chelsea for £28.5m. Tough decision to make, especially with no sell-on clause, but it was over £10m more than his value and he wasn't an Academy player. Then a purge of non-Dutch youth team players happened. Following Gootjes out of the door was defender Özgür Smulders, sold to SC Braga for £1.8m. He'd played a few games for us this season, but we could do without him in fairness. Next out the door was talented youngster Kees Cocu. He was bitching that he wanted a new challenge and a bigger club, so for £10m with clauses and a 50% sell on, Chelsea got their man. 

Paris Saint-Germain were next up, banging at our door. They wanted 18 year old backup right back Bram Verhoëfen for £5m, he went for £5m + 50% sell on. This was because we had full back Maurice Roodenberg coming back from a two year loan at AaB Aalborg. Next out the door was left winger Che Nunnely for £14.25m to FC Barcelona. He was a victim of the same problem I had with Gootjes. Fantastic player that hadn't come from our academy.

Finally, on deadline day, left winger Bram van Santen was sold to En Avant de Guingamp for £6.25m and goalkeeper Alban Lafont was sold for £2.9m to AC Milan. One was a non-academy Dutch player and the other was a non-Dutch keeper.

- Transfers

2028 Youth Intake

29270577156_08be677c30_c.jpg

Full Intake Overview

ST Mahmoud Khiraladin

D/DM/MC Johan Smit

AMLC Glenn Nok

Wow! Khiraladin looks to be the complete package and a worthy successor to Thierry Ambrose. he's dual nationality too, so I'm torn between capping him for Holland or leaving him to play for the motherland..

Smit comes in with a great chance to be third choice MC and all round cover, whilst Nok will be retrained to be an ML

16 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

2028 Youth Intake

29270577156_08be677c30_c.jpg

Full Intake Overview

ST Mahmoud Khiraladin

D/DM/MC Johan Smit

AMLC Glenn Nok

Wow! Khiraladin looks to be the complete package and a worthy successor to Thierry Ambrose. he's dual nationality too, so I'm torn between capping him for Holland or leaving him to play for the motherland..

Smit comes in with a great chance to be third choice MC and all round cover, whilst Nok will be retrained to be an ML

Great intake. Pity about the low natural fitness of the striker though.

3 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Great intake. Pity about the low natural fitness of the striker though.

I'm not too fussed massively. Ambrose still has 2/3 good years left in him, so he'll be #1 til then.

Wijdenbosch will be the #2 striker and play off him and I'll probably send Lems off on loan this season to NEC Nijmegen.

Mahmoud will spend the next few years in the U-18s, learning from Ambrose and getting better. Then a loan to NEC and then first team. This should be enough to change that stat.

On 11/13/2015 at 18:43, Deisler26 said:

22797017170_f41ca4c53a_z.jpg

The full 8 standing places eh? I wonder whether it is an exceptionally small wheelchair platform or a discreet attempt at re-introducing terraces in dutch football? (apparently there was never an official ban, most dutch stadiums were just converted after Hillsborough..)

On 8/30/2016 at 10:00, CRM2009 said:

The full 8 standing places eh? I wonder whether it is an exceptionally small wheelchair platform or a discreet attempt at re-introducing terraces in dutch football? (apparently there was never an official ban, most dutch stadiums were just converted after Hillsborough..)

Good old Mandemakers Stadium. The new AkzoNobel Arena is an all-seater.

RKC Waalwijk

End of 2027/28 Season Review

Results

Our first game of February, after selling key players in the transfer window, was a low-key 2-0 win over FC Den Bosch. Two goals from an unusual source, our centre-backs Jeffrey Kooiman & Glenn Hese, gave us the win. Our good form carried over into the next match as championship pretenders AZ Alkmaar were dispatched 3-0, thanks to a brace from Thierry Ambrose and a goal from Casey Rutten, all three goals coming in the first 20 mins.

Our next game was against second-placed NAC Breda and I made sure we didn't lose and ground out a 0-0 draw. A simple 2-1 win over FC Groningen was followed up by a blistering second half against VVV Venlo. Thierry Ambrose hit two and Djeremy Wijdenbosch also scored within 15 mins of the second half starting to give us a 3-0 win. This was all to pale into insignifcance as we utterly thumped ADO Den Haag 6-0!  Piet van der Linden scored in the rout, then proceded to score in the next two games after that, a 1-0 win over FC Utrecht and a 1-1 draw with AFC Ajax Amsterdam. We then faced Feyenoord Rotterdam and PSV Eindhoven in back-to-back games. Feyenoord were up first and comfortably dispatched 3-1, thanks in part to a Thierry Ambrose brace. Next, PSV were also beaten, this time by a second-half Jeffery Kooiman header in a 2-1 win.

A stumbling 1-1 draw with Willem II Tilburg left us one game from immortality. An unbeaten season and Ajax's 52 game unbeaten record was on the line.. FC Twente Enschade were in our way... And they couldn't stand against the inexorable tide of history as a Leo Huisting double and a first half injury time goal from Thierry Ambrose sealed the deal in a 3-0 win. The unbeaten season was ours, the longest unbeaten streak in Eredivisie history was ours. We were immortal champions!

Board League Target: Win the Eredivisie

Actual League Result: 1st of 18, WINNERS

- Table - Results

`

-------

The KNVB Beker was an utter shambles. A Second Round exit in extra time against Jupiler League opposition in Fortuna Sittard was far below my personal target.

Board Cup Target: Semi-Final

Actual Cup Result: Second Round, (lost 0-1aet to Fortuna Sittard)

-------

In the UEFA Champions League, we were paired with Sporting Lisbon in the First Knockout Round. It was an extremely rough draw, especially since we won the group since Sporting Lisbon had been in the Final for the last three seasons, winning two of them! We went 1-0 up early through Thierry Ambrose and I was dreaming of a famous win. However, ex-player Jordy Gravenbicht came back to haunt us just before HT and we went behind early in the second half, never to recover in a 1-2 defeat. However, an away goal was a good thing. Sadly, in the Second Leg, we went down after 3 mins and, despite Leo Huisting levelling the game, we couldn't get the goal to force extra time and we drew 1-1, losing 3-2 on aggregate

UCL Target: Make Group Stage

Actual UCL result: Out in First Knockout Round

I think that league form is called 'emphatic!'

Love that you went to see RKC IRL :thup: :D.  I did a similar thing a few years ago when I was living abroad.  I played a save as Happy Valley in Hong Kong and ended up going to watch them and actually playing a match with my local team in their stadium :D:D

4 hours ago, Raware said:

I think that league form is called 'emphatic!'

Love that you went to see RKC IRL :thup: :D.  I did a similar thing a few years ago when I was living abroad.  I played a save as Happy Valley in Hong Kong and ended up going to watch them and actually playing a match with my local team in their stadium :D:D

That's awesome! I'm planning to go to Holland soon to see them at home.

Started a career myself last night with RKC Waalwijk, and absolutely loving it. Currently sit top after the first 2 games, and pre-season was a bit of a roller coaster! Beat Willem II 2-1, and De Graafschap 3-1, before losing to a non league Dutch side 4-0 whilst playing my full strength team! 

Made 2 signings so far, with Jack Barmby on a season long loan from Leicester City, and Marlon Sladderkoorn from Feyenoord on a season long loan as well. Feyenoord are also my affiliate club, which should come in handy whilst I try and make the play-offs this season.

Completely overhauled the backroom staff, Edgar Davids is my assistant, Wilfred Bouma and Bolo Zenden are coaches, with Michael Ballack reserve manager and Khalid Boulahrouz as reserve assistant manager. Also moved to bring in an English fitness coach, Scottish chief scout and another English scout. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2016 at 09:52, ITFC_Blue said:

Started a career myself last night with RKC Waalwijk, and absolutely loving it. Currently sit top after the first 2 games, and pre-season was a bit of a roller coaster! Beat Willem II 2-1, and De Graafschap 3-1, before losing to a non league Dutch side 4-0 whilst playing my full strength team! 

Made 2 signings so far, with Jack Barmby on a season long loan from Leicester City, and Marlon Sladderkoorn from Feyenoord on a season long loan as well. Feyenoord are also my affiliate club, which should come in handy whilst I try and make the play-offs this season.

Completely overhauled the backroom staff, Edgar Davids is my assistant, Wilfred Bouma and Bolo Zenden are coaches, with Michael Ballack reserve manager and Khalid Boulahrouz as reserve assistant manager. Also moved to bring in an English fitness coach, Scottish chief scout and another English scout. 

Great work! Hope things are going well for you still?

On 9/16/2016 at 17:30, Deisler26 said:

Great work! Hope things are going well for you still?

Yes, we are doing just fine in our first Eredevisie season. We are currently 8th after 24 games (I think that's the amount). I signed plenty of players from the English League 1 & 2 after winning promotion via the play-off games. I have also set up a link with AC Milan which has seen me sign 3 of there most talented youngsters on loan.

Just beat PSV 3-0 at home, which saw Phillip Cocu sacked and me installed as the favourite for the job ... I won't be taking it of course as I want to keep on with RKC for a few more years yet!

RKC Waalwijk

End of Aug 2028 Transfer Window

The start of 2028/29 season and the board wanted the double (Eredivisie & KNVB Beker) whilst making the Group Stage of the UEFA Champions League. For this, we had a £2.06m wage budget & £126m transfer budget...

Results

In the Eredivisie, we kicked off our campaign at home to AFC Ajax Amsterdam. In our usual dominance, we seemed to forget to score and were sucker-punched in the middle of the first half. Luckily, returning hero Frans Konus saved our blushes with a second half equaliser in a 1-1 draw. PEC Zwolle were up next and our strikers put them to the sword with Djeremy Wijdenbosch & Thierry Ambrose scoring before half time as we ran out 2-0 winners. Two unconvincing 1-0 wins over Roda JC Kerkade & sc Heerenveen and I was somewhat wary about our chances this year. Until our last game of August... We romped home 5-1 winners against AZ Alkmaar. 3-0 up within 10 mins, courtesy of a Thierry Ambrose brace and a Casey Rutten free-kick. Thierry Ambrose completed his hat-trick just after half time and 17 year old academy graduate Johan Smit celebrated his recent birthday with his first senior goal with just 5 mins to go.

- Fixtures - - Table -

In the UEFA Champions League adventure, we were put up against FC Barcelona, SL Benfica & Celtic FC . Think we're gonna struggle to get out of the group...

We also won the traditional Dutch curtain raiser, the Johan Cryuff Shield, with a 3-0 win over AFC Ajax Amsterdam. Goals from Piet van der Linden, Jeffrey Kooiman & Steven Hendricks gave us a good platform to start the season.

Transfers

We sold off a number of players that wanted out for reasons of wallets bigger than their eyes. Winger Leo Huisting was sold to Real Madrid C.F for £10m + 50%. Other wingers on their way were Faruk Ünal (Sporting de Gijon, £2.5m) and Tom Vissers (Sporting Clube de Portugal, £7m). This left us seriously deficit in wide players, so I resigned winger Frans Konus from Sporting Clube de Portugal for £10m. But, it activated the sell on clause and I only paid £5m in the end :lol:. Also coming back was full back Steven Arts, who was released, but signed back on for a year, whilst his replacement in the reserves got a little experience on loan.

Also leaving were young forward Mikkel Jansen to PEC Zwolle for £110k and midfielder Ronald Dekkers to Liverpool for £750k + sell on. We also got £5.7m from the Thor Lemaire sell on.

- Transfers -

5 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

29254893503_90f1b916ea_c.jpg

We're low on this list, purely because we tend to sell to bigger clubs in Europe and a lot of our lesser players tend to go to yo-yo'ing Eredivisie clubs

A tactic I learned long ago when building clubs is to never sell quality players to sides in the same league, no matter how much money they offer. Looks like you have a similar philosophy... 

On 9/24/2016 at 02:24, withnail316 said:

A tactic I learned long ago when building clubs is to never sell quality players to sides in the same league, no matter how much money they offer. Looks like you have a similar philosophy... 

The other reason is that I've been doing academy based squad building for 3-4 seasons now. All the talent is in the team. All the foreign players have long gone.

2 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

The other reason is that I've been doing academy based squad building for 3-4 seasons now. All the talent is in the team. All the foreign players have long gone.

I know mate, but when you were selling your stars, you would have been daft to take Ajax or PSV's money.

Archived