Deisler26

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

End of Jan 2029 Transfer Window

Results

Nick de Graaf buried a second half equaliser to earn us a 1-1 draw against NAC Breda. Djeremy Wijdenbosch netted an early goal, but it took a late Jeffrey Kooiman double to see us past SBV Excelsior, 3-1Nick de Graaf popped up again to put us in the lead against Go Ahead Eagles, with Thierry Ambrose getting a double in a 3-0 win. A pair of 2-1 wins against FC Twente Enschede & Vitesse Arnhem included a first senior goal for Meyer Kasher. A late winner from Casey Rutten saw us beat a dour Hercules Almeo side 1-0 at the beginning of November, which was swiftly followed by a 3-0 win over FC Dordrecht. This led into a shocking run of form. First came a 2-2 stumble against FC Groningen. A 1-0 win against Feyenoord Rotterdam seemed to steady the ship, which made the following result all the more unpalatable. A shocking 0-3 result against PSV Eindhoven saw the end of our 67-match unbeaten run. And although we beat Willem II Tilburg 1-0 in the following match with another late goal, we were utterly torn apart against AFC Ajax Amsterdam. Three goals against in three shots as we lost 0-3. 

However, FC Utrecht were up next and they might have thought we were ripe for the taking. They were wrong. We thumped them 6-1, including Thierry Ambrose's first goals in 10 games.. Jelle Lems was recalled from his loan at sc Heerenveen and responded by scoring twice in his season debut as PEC Zwolle were dispatched 3-1. Lems also scored against in his next match, against sc Heerenveen, the team he was on loan to. This ended up in a 3-0 win. Then, to end January, Jelle Lems popped up again to score the only goal in a 1-0 win over Roda JC Kerkade.

-Table- - Results -

In the the Third Round of the KNVB Beker, we played an U-19's side against Jupiler League opposition in the shape of our feeder club NEC Nijmegen. It took a towering header from Glenn Hese to settle the tie, 1-0, and put us into the Fourth Round against SC Telstar. And despite Meyer Kasher's second minute opener, they equalised just after HT and scored the winner after 80 mins to dump us out.

In the UEFA Champions League, we took on SL Benfica away in Portugal and lost 1-3. We then welcomed FC Barcelona to Waalwijk, but they came away with all three points with a 0-2 win. A 1-0 win over Celtic at home and a 1-1 draw away saw us in third place. Another 1-1 draw, this time with SL Benfica gave us a 2 point cushion from bottom and a miracle to qualify, Sadly the miracle did not occur as we lost 0-1 away in Barcelona which saw us out of the Champions League, but into the UEFA Europa League Knockout Stage.

- Euro Results - Cup Results -

-------------------------

22566586548_8936818463.jpg

23 May 2029

UEFA Europa League Final

Ullevi, Göteborg

RKC Waalwijk 3 - 3p Paris Saint Germain

A warm, breezy evening in Sweden awaited us as we were to contest the first European final of my reign. This was also to be the last as I had secretly given notice to the board that I was retiring after this season. So it was all or nothing for this game against French champions Paris Saint-Germain.

We kicked off and attempted to try and close them down as much as possible, but they sprung our defence on 15 minutes. A raking ball out to the right found their winger and his low cross was finished off at the near post by the PSG striker. 0-1. Things went from bad to worse ten minutes later as some good interplay on the edge of our box saw a PSG player free on the penalty spot and he lashed the ball high into the net. 0-2. My last game was going to rats***. However, a lifetime on 35 minutes as Thierry Ambrose picked the ball up midway through the PSG half. Leaving three defenders in his wake, he charged towards the goal and fired in a desperate shot from 25 yards. The connection was excellent and it whistled past the PSG keeper into the net!! 1-2!!

Half time came and I gave it my all. A passionate speech encouraging the boys to give it all their all. They went back out and on 65 minutes, we got ourselves back into the game. van der Linden knocked the ball infield to van der Beek who lofted a ball to the edge of the area. The bouncing ball was picked up by an onrushing Jeffery Kooiman who thundered a shot high into the net at the near post. 2-2!! We'd pulled it back!

79 minutes and we were coming under intense pressure by PSG. We were holding steady until the PSG striker got free and fired in a low shot which Robert Meijer got a hand to. The ball span out and bounced towards the byline. The PSG winger reacted quicker than anyone else and knocked the ball towards the empty goal. Meijer, seemingly from nowhere, clawed the ball off the line, but could do nothing about the second attempt being put in. 2-3

I made sure that we were going to go down with a fight and threw everyone forward. On 85 minutes, a long ball pumped down the right for Kooiman to run onto. His cross drifted over the goalie, over the defence and was heading to the byeline before van der Beek managed to head the ball back to Lars Koch. He killed it stone dead and knocked it to the side for Casey Rutten to finish high into the net! 3-3!! GOOOOAALL!!.

We desperately held on til full time. Then, for extra time we just set up to defend, defend, defend. We made it to penalties. The lottery of penalties.

PSG scored their first. 0-1.

Up stepped Jelle Lems for us. Wide! 0-1.

PSG next. Missed. 0-1.

Jeffrey Kooiman up now. He slammed it high into the net. 1-1.

PSG. MISS! 1-1.

Thierry Ambrose next. My talisman. He put the ball too close to the keeper however. MISS. 1-1.

PSG. SAVED! 1-1

Robert de Graaf stepped up. His penalty thundered against the underside of the crossbar and came out. 1-1.

PSG.. SCORED! 2-1.

This was it. Score and we carried on. Miss and our dreams come crashing down. Casey Rutten stepped up. The hopes and dreams of a town in Holland resting on his shoulders.... They proved too much as Rutten put his penalty against the post. 2-1. PSG WIN.

A gutting end to my last ever match...

RKC Waalwijk

End of 2028/29 Season Review

Results

Our first game of February, after selling key players in the transfer window, was a stuttering 1-1 win over AZ Alkmaar. Nick de Graaf saved our hide and gave us the point. We then went on a run of three wins in three games. Two first half goals saw us past NAC Breda in a 2-1 win. Next up was a Thierry Ambrose-led 1-0 win over Go Ahead Eagles. Thierry Ambrose again led us through the third match, scoring a double in a 3-0 win over SBV Excelsior.

A dull 0-0 draw with FC Twente Enschade was followed up by a 3-0 whipping of Vitesse Arnhem. This started a run of five consecutive wins, taking in a 2-1 win over FC Utrecht, a 4-2 thumping of PSV Eindhoven, a 3-1 win over bottom club FC Dordrecht and finally a 3-0 win over Heracles Almeo. That match won us our sixth consecutive Eredivisie match and, due to our appearance in the Europa League Final, we played the youth in our last two matches, which ended up back-to-back 0-1 defeats to Willem II Tilburg & Feyenoord Rotterdam. 

Board League Target: Win the Eredivisie

Actual League Result: 1st of 18, WINNERS

- Table - Results

`

-------

The KNVB Beker was an utter shambles. A Third Round exit against Jupiler League opposition in SC Telstar was far below my personal target.

Board Cup Target: Semi-Final

Actual Cup Result: Third Round, (lost 1-2 to SC Telstar)

-------

In the UEFA Europa League, we were paired with Malmo FF in the First Knockout Round.  A 4-0 win at home, coupled with a 3-2 win away saw us through to the Second Knockout Round, where we would face 1.FSV Mainz 05. Three goals at home and three goals away saw us through 6-1 on aggregate and into a Quarter Final clash with Liverpool. Bugger. A late goal by Glenn Hese salvaged a 2-2 draw in England and three goals in the first 25 minutes settled the home leg as we proved victorious 2-1 and 4-3 on aggregate.

We were to face PAOK Salonika in the Semi Finals and they were beaten 2-1 in Greece and an easy, if dull, 1-0 win at home. Which saw us matched up with PSG in the Final

UCL Target: Make Group Stage

Actual UCL result: Out in at Group Stage

7 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

Incredibly harsh defeat in the Europa League final, but an excellent job again in the league.

Sure there isn't one more year in you?

FM17 is calling. I won't be able to run both on this laptop, so it will be a natural end.

3 hours ago, deltablue said:

Such a pity to miss out on a crowning glory by such a narrow margin.

It was always going to be tough to beat PSG. I'm just happy we took it all the way to penalties. 

I think I needed maybe 3/4 more seasons to be challenging for the UCL. The Portuguese giants are on top atm.

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

I see you won the Euros with Holland?! You never told us that!

Any ideas already on what you'll be doing for FM17?

The international career part was purely to get me more money in transfer clauses :lol:

FM17 will be the same. Taking over Waawijk, trying to win in Europe.

Archived